Most Powerful comic book character bracket: Round 2 Fight 13: Sentry(Void) vs Zoom

• 75 results
Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Poll Most Powerful comic book character bracket: Round 2 Fight 13: Sentry(Void) vs Zoom (75 votes)

Sentry 61%
Zoom 36%

I've decided to do a 64 man bracket for the most powerful comic characters ever, you know with March Madness and bracket mania just ending. These 64 contenders are the 64 most powerful characters in my opinion, in both showings and power(so I apologize if I missed one of your favorite characters, or someone who actually deserved to be here). I will be using a elimination style bracket through the polls, so vote so your pick can get through. There maybe some people that don't belong due to their power set, but since they make great use of prep time, they can go up against the best of them.

Rules

• Omnipotent characters or God like characters(there will gods i.e. Thor, Darkseid, Ares, but no God-like characters, such as TOAA, Living Tribunal, Spectre etc.)
  • No reality warpers(they may posses limited reality warping, but none that could put them on the level of TOAA, or even guys like Molecule Man, Beyonder, Mr. Mxzyptlk, etc.)
  • Round 2 will receive 4 day prep(no outside help though)
  • Round 1 winner will receive a 2 day resting period to recovering from damage
  • No BFR
  • Bloodlusted
  • Morals off
  • Speedblitzing allowed(but please, if you use this to win, at least provide a valid point and feat, and why the other guy can't tag/respond to the blitzer)
  • Standard gear
  • fight takes place in abandoned Oa
  • start 600 feet away from each other.
  • These rules apply to every combatant, except for BFR in the case both fighters can fly
  • To the death

Vs

Previous battles from round 2:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/most-powerful-comic-book-character-bracket-round-2-1557095/#19

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/most-powerful-comic-book-character-bracket-round-2-1557335/#12

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/most-powerful-comic-book-character-bracket-round-2-1557364/#6

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/most-powerful-comic-book-character-bracket-round-2-1557419/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/most-powerful-character-bracket-round-2-fight-5-ki-1557627/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/most-powerful-character-bracket-round-2-fight-6-ar-1557676/#13

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/most-powerful-character-bracket-round-2-fight-7-de-1557812/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/most-powerful-comic-book-character-bracket-round-2-1557946/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/most-powerful-comic-book-character-bracket-round-2-1558223/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/most-powerful-comic-book-character-bracket-round-1-1558341/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/most-powerful-comic-book-character-bracket-round-2-1558544/?page=1

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/most-powerful-comic-book-character-bracket-round-2-1558859/#20

• 
Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BeaconofStrength

Void takes this, unless Zoom has a helicarrier.

SentryREYNOLDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Since its to the death. Cant Void revive him self?

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Since its to the death. Cant Void revive him self?

Well how about to the FIRST death then?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Professor Zoom?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zoom finally going down...

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Blitz allowed - wouldn't Zoom take this then?

I know Sentry is probably pretty quick for the tier of character he is - but is he Zoom levels of speed?

I wouldn't want this to be a stalemate where Zoom can't put down Sentry but Sentry can't touch Zoom.

SentryREYNOLDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SentryREYNOLDS

Can't decide then. Can someone tell me how fast Zoom is?

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sentryreynolds: He is a blur To the fastest Flash, amped by all the other flashes

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By reaverlation

@dondave: That's Thawne.Zoom has the black coverings over his eyes.Thawne doesn't

@kingant27: No he isn't

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: I suppose blitzing could help, but Void is durable as hell. Thor was letting his strongest attacks against Void and it was ineffective. It took a Norn Stone upgraded Thor to eventually put him down. Void has a pretty gnarly healing factor as well.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation Ehh, Thawne's suit is identical to Barry's, while Hunter's suit is identical to Wally's. And that Hunter suit in the OP.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zoom is as fast as he wants to be - faster than Wally West Flash - he exists outside of the normal timeline & can place himself where ever he so desires. Heck - Wally had to amp himself by getting speed from other members of the Flash Family just to keep up with Zoom.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jonez_
reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Well that's how I tell the difference between them lol by the black eyelid coverings.

SentryREYNOLDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sentryreynolds said:

Zoom is as fast as he wants to be - faster than Wally West Flash - he exists outside of the normal timeline & can place himself where ever he so desires. Heck - Wally had to amp himself by getting speed from other members of the Flash Family just to keep up with Zoom.

Jesus christ

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would go with the guy who can regenerate from complete molecular disintegration. And no, that doesn't count as a death, because he was most definitely fully conscience when he put himself back together. So we have one guy who is beyond the boundaries of speed and as a result can deal as much physical damage as he wants versus a guy who doesn't need a physical body to exist.

I would say Sentry/Void, seeing as in full power, Zoom literally can't defeat him.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 Thawne does have the Black covering on his eyes but his suit is identical to Wally's. Thawne's isn't

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen said:

@sentryreynolds said:

Jesus christ

As a Flash Fan - I agree that it's ridiculous - it's why he wins so many battles here on the Forums. I honestly don't see a victor in this situation though as I don't think Sentry can touch Zoom but Zoom can't permanently put down Sentry.

ShadoVvlite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ShadoVvlite

Can someone give me an incite on Sentry's ability, although I'm sure he takes it, Professor Zoom, unlike Hunter who has the speed feats, can manipulate time.

HyperViper97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big man sentry doing quite well this tourney

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadovvlite: He's able to regenerate from molecular disintegration, manipulate matter, telepathy, go FTL speeds, and more. He's a living plotdevice; He was made to be Marvel's strongest hero.

ShadoVvlite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ShadoVvlite

@beaconofstrength: Thanks for the info. Does he have an answer to time manipulation? (now this is a but, as I'm referring to when he had obtained the Negative Speed Force, unless we aren't using that. Are we?)

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadovvlite: OP states no BFR allowed. I honestly doubt that would affect him even if it was allowed.

ShadoVvlite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ShadoVvlite

@beaconofstrength: Is it BFR? It's not like a power that travels time, but does affect a certain area in a present state.

eh, but I'll take your word for it.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone give me an incite on Sentry's ability, although I'm sure he takes it, Professor Zoom, unlike Hunter who has the speed feats, can manipulate time.

Here are some of the highlights

• Superhuman Stats all round (Superman level or so)
  • FTL Combat/Travel Speed
  • Molecular Manipulation in and out of combat
  • Complete Molecular Regeneration on multiple occasions (that is, regenerate from complete obliteration)
  • Extreme Energy Projection (enough to wipe out a city block without actually using or focusing on his energy output)

Alternate versions of Sentry have shown the ability to travel outside of time, and IIRC, standard Sentry exists outside of time as well (or a few moments ahead of time or something).

He's also been stated to have telepathy beyond Emma Frost's (according to Emma Frost).

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

ShadoVvlite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry is power incarnate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Wolverine008
green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, let's see, it's to the death and one of the combatants literally can't die....

Void Sentry

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I'm still pretty busy, so I probably won't be on very much. I was just on a hiatus while I was working on some side projects, which I'm still working on. So probably won't be in any challenges, tournaments, or hosting anything more than a few random threads. Just occasionally be on.

Good to see you too. Glad to see you're still active.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By dondave
ShadoVvlite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ShadoVvlite

@dondave: Yeah... wait... is this thread not using Professor Zoom?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShadoVvlite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Ohhh. Okey. Double checked the comments. Well, I feel stupid. lol. XP

Also, is it just me or is the comments out of order? O.o

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sentryreynolds said:

Not even that, Bart and Jays speed had worn off by the time he got Jesse's powers. I therorize that the speed formula gave Wally an increase in power proportional to the increase it gives normal humans.

Basically, Zoom is a flash relative to flash.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Void all day everyday.

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Void can kill zoom... if he can touch him, but Hunter can't put Sentry down; he can, however, avoid him effortlessly... Void Sentry gets the win... eventually

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beware_my_power: Zoom doesn't age. If Sentry can't actually fulfill the defeat conditions under any circumstances... shouldn't he just not be in the tourney?

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry/Void should win

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boringperson: kick him out of the tourney for not being able to win one battle? As much as I dislike void sentry, that doesn't make much sense...

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01: Really? Issue number? Thawne's never worn Wally's suit and even during Flashpoint his suit was identical to Barry's

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: no idea. Thawnes costume is identical to the flashes, lightning bolt and all. Zolomons lightning bolt actually faces the opposite way (from his right to left). Also the eyes are different.