Most Powerful comic book character bracket: Round 2 Fight 1: Thanos vs Mister Majestic

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Poll Most Powerful comic book character bracket: Round 2 Fight 1: Thanos vs Mister Majestic (149 votes)

Thanos 46%
Mister Majestic 55%

I've decided to do a 64 man bracket for the most powerful comic characters ever, you know with March Madness and bracket mania just ending. These 64 contenders are the 64 most powerful characters in my opinion, in both showings and power(so I apologize if I missed one of your favorite characters, or someone who actually deserved to be here). I will be using a elimination style bracket through the polls, so vote so your pick can get through. There maybe some people that don't belong due to their power set, but since they make great use of prep time, they can go up against the best of them.

Rules

• No Omnipotent characters or God like characters(there will be gods i.e. Thor, Darkseid, Ares, but no God-like characters, such as TOAA, Living Tribunal, Spectre etc.)
  • No reality warpers(they may posses limited reality warping, but none that could put them on the level of TOAA, or even guys like Molecule Man, Beyonder, Mr. Mxzyptlk, etc.)
  • Round 2 will receive 4 day prep(no outside help though)
  • Round 1 winner will receive a 2 day resting period to recovering from damage
  • No BFR
  • Bloodlusted
  • Morals off
  • Speedblitzing allowed(but please, if you use this to win, at least provide a valid point and feat, and why the other guy can't tag/respond to the blitzer)
  • Standard gear
  • fight takes place in abandoned Oa
  • start 600 feet away from each other.
  • These rules apply to every combatant, except for BFR in the case both fighters can fly
  • To the death

(Possess green Lantern ring from previous fight with Ion)

Vs

(pre new-52; has blades)

• 
Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thanos

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thanos

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cream_God

Just to cue some of you in, winners of each round receive the equipment of their fallen opponents, to add realism

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mine as well give Thanos the win in the tournament once he gets ahold of the Blades its a wrap.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Majestic

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Majestic. He is much faster and has a weapon that Thanos has no way of stopping. Majestic guts him rather easily.

Thanos will win the vote because he's far more popular and people don't realize how powerful the creation blades are, though. That's kind of the downside your tournament has -- people vote before they ever read the argument, so it's just the kneejerk reaction of the forum.

Zmasonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Majestic. He is much faster and has a weapon that Thanos has no way of stopping. Majestic guts him rather easily.

Thanos will win the vote because he's far more popular and people don't realize how powerful the creation blades are, though. That's kind of the downside your tournament has -- people vote before they ever read the argument, so it's just the kneejerk reaction of the forum.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Creation Blades ftw

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

@dondave: thanos has a green lantern ring and it wouldnt take him that long also does Majestic have any TP resistance feats or no because if not then Thanos mind rapes

Zmasonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How fast is Mr. Majestic?

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: do you have any Maj feats? I know you of all viners would lol

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman560: Thanos has no clue how to use the ring and Majestic has nanosecond reactions.The blades can take out Thanos.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman560: So? The creation blades stops powers. Maestros is too fast for his TP

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zmasonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Yeah i know that much. He should be able to speed blitz though right?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

Creation Blades ftw

Yep, this.

Don't get the OP though, the combatants get Prep or is it random. Cause if its the latter I'd still back Thanos....

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love thanos, but the creation blades cut through him.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Majestic

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Young_Murloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Young_Murloc

Thanos

Zmasonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

HAMMER_OF_J2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub: well there is still OF Thor doesn't he have a chance I'm pretty sure he will slaughter stomp Captain Marvel. So if Thanos with the blades fought Thor are you saying Thor would loose?

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Majestic will take down the mad Titan...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hammer_of_j2 said:

@lone_wolf_and_cub: well there is still OF Thor doesn't he have a chance I'm pretty sure he will slaughter stomp Captain Marvel. So if Thanos with the blades fought Thor are you saying Thor would loose?

It does not matter what Thanos would do with the Creation Engine Blades, he is not getting out of this round.

Majestic takes his head off before Thanos can react.

EDIT AFTER VOTE:

Ok, nevermind popularity is beating logic again.

HAMMER_OF_J2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterwhisper: Thanos with a ring is extremely dangerous and I wouldn't be surprised if he beat magestic but I was just asking how was Thanos going all the way ( because that's what lone_wolf_and_cub said) but I do think Thanos would get past this round

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Maj.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maj

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos, he has reacted to the Silver Surfer when he travelled past light speed in a couple of seconds, what makes you think he can't react to Mr Majestic.

Superman type characters do not compare to someone like Thanos who possesses the power of cosmic, dark magic, etc.

Thanos can mind rape him, people are quick to say characters like Martian Manhunter can mind rape, but so can Thanos.

Thanos 8.5/10.

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman560: Thanos has no clue how to use the ring and Majestic has nanosecond reactions.The blades can take out Thanos.

Thanos would of seen it being used in his last fight. He could probably figure it out

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#36  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@frozen said:

@dredeuced said:

@dondave said:

Creation Blades ftw

@dondave said:

@kidman560: So? The creation blades stops powers. Maestros is too fast for his TP

@experio said:

Majestic

@highaccuser said:

Majestic will take down the mad Titan...

@hammer_of_j2 said:

It does not matter what Thanos would do with the Creation Engine Blades, he is not getting out of this round.

Majestic takes his head off before Thanos can react.

EDIT AFTER VOTE:

Ok, nevermind popularity is beating logic again.

Maj.

Maj

If this weren't a popularity contest Majestic would leave this fight with a Green Lantern ring, and unlike Thanos, he actually knows what to do with it since he's had one before...after taking it from Kyle.

No Caption Provided

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#37  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@buckshot: Man, that's just awesome. I can imagine the fight now, before it's really begun Thanos will be against Majestic with a GL ring and creation blades.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot: Nice on the scan.Too bad many ride the Thanos bandwagon and don't see the truth why Majestic wins here...

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

majestic is losing but im not surprised even though he stomps thanos with the combined power of speed and his blades.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@dredeuced said:

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

@buckshot: hey Buck did you see me and God_Spawns debate. I'd like it if you could read it and let me know how im doing so far. I mean it'd be nice and i really feel like im having a good debate there. anyways on to the more pressing thing

I wanted to know how exactly the creation blades work? I've already voted before doing my research, and i'll admit that was a mistake but it also says that Thanos gets 4 days of prep and that can be very dangerous, I wonder if he could build a dampener that could negate the blades or is that not possible?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@kidman560: If you want me to look at a thing, you should give me a link to that thing.

I see no reason to believe that Thanos could make something to stop the blades. It's unclear how exactly they work, but they're tied to the power to warp (and even create) reality itself. Beings capable of manipulating the laws of physics and magic were as subject to them as everything else. They also seem to cut people off from any power they have, if they don't kill them outright. Also, it's not like Majestic can't prep as well. Especially considering how much faster he can work than Thanos.

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Mr_Winchester

Ok so I was on the verge of prematureley saying Thanos wins, but after doing a bit of research it's clear that Majestic wins this. Yes Thanos has a lot of power, durability, strength and reaction time but so does Majestic. The only thing seperating them is Majestic is much much faster and has swords which can CUT THROUGH ANYTHING!. Think about that for a second...A guy whos ridiculously fast and strong with weapons which slice through everything Thanos could possibly do. That includes his Energy attacks (against which Majestic would have no problem reacting to) and his mele based attacks.

Now before I vote Majestic, the thought occurs to me perhaps Thanos's telepathic powers could play a crucial role in this (he is quite the accomplished telepath apparently) could anyone shed some light on this? Also have the blades been shown to effortlesly cut through anything like butter or does it require more effort when cutting through something significantly dense ?

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By Bruxae

Majestic.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_winchester: Look at the pic posted for Majestic. That's him using the blades taking off a piece of Tao who was basically warping reality on a universal scale. Nemesis,who is nowhere near Majestic in physical attributes,effortlessly put the blades into him.

Superman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Majestic with blades wins

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr majestic. There is no contest. The Blades are too OP.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanos

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@senglord said:

Mr majestic. There is no contest. The Blades are too OP.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Ok so I was on the verge of prematureley saying Thanos wins, but after doing a bit of research it's clear that Majestic wins this. Yes Thanos has a lot of power, durability, strength and reaction time but so does Majestic. The only thing seperating them is Majestic is much much faster and has swords which can CUT THROUGH ANYTHING!. Think about that for a second...A guy whos ridiculously fast and strong with weapons which slice through everything Thanos could possibly do. That includes his Energy attacks (against which Majestic would have no problem reacting to) and his mele based attacks.

Now before I vote Majestic, the thought occurs to me perhaps Thanos's telepathic powers could play a crucial role in this (he is quite the accomplished telepath apparently) could anyone shed some light on this? Also have the blades been shown to effortlesly cut through anything like butter or does it require more effort when cutting through something significantly dense ?

The durability of what's being cut is irrelevant. Even if it were a factor though, Majestic is physically strong enough to move planets without discernible effort (even having to use devices to limit the effects of the force he uses on them so they don't break when he moves them around).