Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Dextersinister

Amazo

No Caption Provided

He has the power ( among others ) of the 7 justice leaguers including Batman's skills and intelligence and can gains the powers of any item ( green lantern rings ) or individual he comes into contact with.

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Redberry

Flash's power is so inconsistent that I can't consider him to be powerful. I'm not a big fan of Speedsters in general.

For me:

Reality Warpers like Scarlet Witch, Mad Jim Jasper, jenny Quantum, and Franklin Richards are often the most powerful without resorting to cosmic level beings like White Phoenix.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Dextersinister

@Redberry said:

Flash's power is so inconsistent that I can't consider him to be powerful. I'm not a big fan of Speedsters in general.

For me:

Reality Warpers like Scarlet Witch, Mad Jim Jasper, jenny Quantum, and Franklin Richards are often the most powerful without resorting to cosmic level beings like White Phoenix.

The Witch was empowered by something else much like Jean Grey. The Flash is inconsistent but writers have admitted downplaying the ability of Speedsters for the sake of story. An example a writer gave is when the bad guy shouts out the Flash is here when he shouldn't even be aware that the Flash is there.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@Dextersinister said:

Amazo

No Caption Provided

He has the power ( among others ) of the 7 justice leaguers including Batman's skills and intelligence and can gains the powers of any item ( green lantern rings ) or individual he comes into contact with.

TOAA, Presence, Beyonder, Living Tribunal, Anti-Moniter, Galactus, God from Bible,( etc.) could all defeat Amazo in a snap of their fingers.

This is all beings powerful. My pick was Superman with PIS, CIS, and WIS, with his fanboys, so I should win this.

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Redberry

@Dextersinister said:

@Redberry said:

For me:

The Witch was empowered by something else much like Jean Grey. The Flash is inconsistent but writers have admitted downplaying the ability of Speedsters for the sake of story. An example a writer gave is when the bad guy shouts out the Flash is here when he shouldn't even be aware that the Flash is there.

In a way, Kyle was powered by his Green Lantern, should we rule out all the lanterns because of that? We're just talking about characters in general, so if the character can generally display that kind of power consistently, it should be considered as their own accomplishment instead of giving credits to something else. I don't consider speedsters because writers have to change their power according to the storyline. I consider them along the line of Squirrel Girl, IMO.

pwnda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By pwnda

squirrel girl

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Dextersinister

@Redberry said:

@Dextersinister said:

@Redberry said:

For me:

In a way, Kyle was powered by his Green Lantern, should we rule out all the lanterns because of that? We're just talking about characters in general, so if the character can generally display that kind of power consistently, it should be considered as their own accomplishment instead of giving credits to something else. I don't consider speedsters because writers have to change their power according to the storyline. I consider them along the line of Squirrel Girl, IMO.

Just because you where wrong doesn't mean you need to resort to nitpicking. Massive difference between Kyle being given a powerful weapon and Witch being possessed by a cosmic entity and she can't display that power consistently she has no control over when she can access it or even over her own actions as it drives it's wielder mad, the only reason she has access now is because of the phoenix.

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: OP said no God level beings. If there allowed the winner is clear.

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Redberry

@Dextersinister said:

@Redberry said:

@Dextersinister said:

@Redberry said:

For me:

Just because you where wrong doesn't mean you need to resort to nitpicking. Massive difference between Kyle being given a powerful weapon and Witch being possessed by a cosmic entity and she can't display that power consistently she has no control over when she can access it or even over her own actions as it drives it's wielder mad, the only reason she has access now is because of the phoenix.

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: OP said no God level beings. If there allowed the winner is clear.

Can you show me a scan that she has access to her power now is because of Phoenix? In Children Crusade, she displays reality warping power even before Phoenix comes to Earth. She summons an army and travels to the past whenever she wants, and goes as far as giving mutants their power back; she was doing all that while remain sane.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Dextersinister

@Redberry said:

@Dextersinister said:

@Redberry said:

@Dextersinister said:

@Redberry said:

For me:

Can you show me a scan that she has access to her power now is because of Phoenix? In Children Crusade, she displays reality warping power even before Phoenix comes to Earth. She summons an army and travels to the past whenever she wants, and goes as far as giving mutants their power back. If you think that interpretation of a character is limited to natural-born power then that is not my problem. I'm just expressing my opinion, so you think it's nitpicking then that is your opinion. Saying someone wrong simply because you don't agree with it is a bit childish. :\

Gaining access to her god like powers because the phoenix is nearby is stated in the latest AvsX so no scans available but most of the people on the forum could back this up. You can read your own comment where you say without resorting to cosmic entities but now that a character you have mentioned is powered by one your backtracking. I was stating a fact not an opinion on the notion that they shouldn't be powered by god like cosmic entities which was put forward by you.

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Redberry

@Dextersinister said:

@Redberry said:

@Dextersinister said:

@Redberry said:

@Dextersinister said:

@Redberry said:

For me:

Can you show me a scan that she has access to her power now is because of Phoenix? In Children Crusade, she displays reality warping power even before Phoenix comes to Earth. She summons an army and travels to the past whenever she wants, and goes as far as giving mutants their power back. If you think that interpretation of a character is limited to natural-born power then that is not my problem. I'm just expressing my opinion, so you think it's nitpicking then that is your opinion. Saying someone wrong simply because you don't agree with it is a bit childish. :\

Gaining access to her god like powers because the phoenix is nearby is stated in the latest AvsX so no scans available but most of the people on the forum could back this up. You can read your own comment where you say without resorting to cosmic entities but now that a character you have mentioned is powered by one your backtracking. I was stating a fact not an opinion on the notion that they shouldn't be powered by god like cosmic entities which was put forward by you.

I read it, but I don't see it. I really don't care what other people think. What's importance is a scan showing that. Show me which part of the book, even commentary by the authors that Phoenix gives Wanda her power. Otherwise, it's just interpretation of random people on the internet. There is no showing that phoenix is the reason why Wanda has her power now when, in fact, she displays the same kind of power in Children Crusade. It was way before the Spider Island event and before Human Torch's resurrection, so it has nothing to do with phoenix. She displays reality warping power in Children Crusade while remain sane and in-control. I'm bored with people constantly saying that this character is this and that because people on the forum said so. Can you provide a scan and use it to interpret your opinion? If you can't, then at least provide me with a link where people explaining it for you with scans.

throughmyeyez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By throughmyeyez

Goku , would destroy them all! Except Tony Starks Charm

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By justice teen

@TheCannon: Why Martian Manhunter

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By MenaceForever2

Ok everyone this is not a debate this was a contest that is currently in development but feel free to discuss on here as well but you are not inclined to follow my rules

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Dextersinister

@Redberry: Your sense of reasoning is terrible. Why are you even on a forum debating with people if your unwilling to budge a little when someone mentions something reasonable that you don't like the sound of and why would I make this up about the Witch, it's clearly stated that she is as powerful as she was in M-day again because of the phoenixes proximity in AvsX. I can't post scans of a specific page in a recent comic when I have only have a hard copy a hard copy but this is al mute point it's canon that she is or was powered by an entity which was the original point.

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Redberry

@Dextersinister said:

@Redberry: Your sense of reasoning is terrible. Why are you even on a forum debating with people if your unwilling to budge a little when someone mentions something reasonable that you don't like the sound of and why would I make this up about the Witch, it's clearly stated that she is as powerful as she was in M-day again because of the phoenixes proximity in AvsX. I can't post scans of a specific page in a recent comic when I have only have a hard copy a hard copy but this is al mute point it's canon that she is or was powered by an entity which was the original point.

ok, I'll stop now. I can't talk to someone who can't provide proofs to back up their claims. I do budge many times and have been proven wrong before, but the people who do that often provide proofs instead of making up stuffs. You can't even provide a link where people supposedly agree with you that Wanda got her power because Phoenix is nearby. You can't even disprove why Wanda still has her power in Children Crusade when Phoenix is nowhere to be seen.

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By MenaceForever2

No keep this thread alive....jk