Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

Poll Most Powerful Character Bracket: Round 1 Fight 4: Thor(OF) vs Cyborg Superman (57 votes)

Thor 74%
Cyborg Superman 26%

I've decided to do a 64 man bracket for the most powerful comic characters ever, you know with March Madness and bracket mania just ending. These 64 contenders are the 64 most powerful characters in my opinion, in both showings and power(so I apologize if I missed one of your favorite characters, or someone who actually deserved to be here). I will be using a elimination style bracket through the polls, so vote so your pick can get through. There maybe some people that don't belong due to their power set, but since they make great use of prep time, they can go up against the best of them.

Rules

• No Omnipotent characters or God like characters(there will be gods i.e. Thor, Darkseid, Ares, but no God-like characters, such as TOAA, Living Tribunal, Spectre etc.)
  • No reality warpers(they may posses limited reality warping, but none that could put them on the level of TOAA, or even guys like Molecule Man, Beyonder, Mr. Mxzyptlk, etc.)
  • Round 1 will receive 2 day prep(no outside help though)
  • Round 1 winner will receive a 2 day resting period to recovering from damage, nothing else!(Which means no prep), and an additional 2 days for prep
  • No BFR
  • Bloodlusted
  • Morals On(But can kill if all else fails)
  • Speedblitzing allowed(but please, if you use this to win, at least provide a valid point and feat, and why the other guy can't tag/respond to the blitzer)
  • Standard gear
  • fight takes place in abandoned New York, but can go anywhere else on the planet.
  • start 600 feet away from each other.
  • These rules apply to every combatant, except for BFR in the case both fighters can fly
  • To the death or KO

(with Odin Force)

Vs

(Pre-New-52)

• 
cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thor without a doubt

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Why OF Thor?

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Experio

Thor. He has a chance without the Odinforce.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can one of you guys tag me in this, cause im enjoying it.

Gabranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gabranth

Which Cyborg Superman?

New 52 or Pre new 52?

If Pre New 52, is yellow Lantern allowed?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By reaverlation

Odinforce can give Thor the win.Without it,Hank would've beat Thor's ass senseless

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gabranth said:

Which Cyborg Superman?

New 52 or Pre new 52?

If Pre New 52, is yellow Lantern allowed?

Pre new-52, no yellow lantern.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can one of you guys tag me in this, cause im enjoying it.

How do I tag you on it??

isaacspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kingant27

Thor, no contest.

Without Odin force it comes down to Mjnoir vs rings.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyborg by speedblitz. The odinforce doesn't make thor faster or that much more durable.

Avatar image for asgardianxeno929
AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AsgardianXeno929

Cyborg by speedblitz. The odinforce doesn't make thor faster or that much more durable.

No Caption Provided

Thor would disagree. Also, with odinforce he survived an attack by the destroyer which, well, destroys normal Thor

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

No Caption Provided

Thor would disagree. Also, with odinforce he survived an attack by the destroyer which, well, destroys normal Thor

He can still get blitzed. Eventually he'll fall.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Odin force lets Thor stop time and he has survived two nuclear warheads to the chest with it

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@jayc1324: nukes are nothing compared to supernovas which normal superman can take.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Didn't superman get hurt by a nuke in superman/wonderwoman? And Thor has been in sun with no discomfort and has withstood supernova blasts from exploding stars.

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@allstarsuperman: Didn't superman get hurt by a nuke in superman/wonderwoman? And Thor has been in sun with no discomfort and has withstood supernova blasts from exploding stars.

Yes Supes was hurt by that, however he was weakened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odinforce can give Thor the win.Without it,Hank would've beat Thor's ass senseless

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@cdiddyman911: what was he weakened by?

Apollo amped Faora and Zod. Zod and Faora then beat Supes and WW to a pulp. They disposed of them in a nuclear reactor laced with lead. Then the atom broke and they were hurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jacthripper

@petey_is_spidey: just copy my name from here per say and post it in the battle when you create it

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@highaccuser: Odin force lets Thor stop time and he has survived two nuclear warheads to the chest with it

Which won't help if he can't process a thought in time.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thor wins this one for sure with Odin Force - would've been a different outcome without it for sure.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: He doesn't have to react to anything, he can take the hit. That's the point of bringing up the feat, if he is too slow he can tank it anyway. plus Thor has reacred to speed blitzs from many people before including Hyperion, gladiator, silver surfer, and sentry.

And you are forgetting he can stop time too.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@highaccuser: He doesn't have to react to anything, he can take the hit. That's the point of bringing up the feat, if he is too slow he can tank it anyway. plus Thor has reacred to speed blitzs from many people before including Hyperion, gladiator, silver surfer, and sentry.

And you are forgetting he can stop time too.

He can't tank hundreds of hits and near light speed.

And those people you listed weren't actively blitzing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: he can. Does cyborg supes even hit with the force of a nuke? And Thor can just stop time at any time.

They were flying straight towards Thor and he reacted to them. I can find a link for the scan if you want

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@highaccuser: he can. Does cyborg supes even hit with the force of a nuke? And Thor can just stop time at any time.

They were flying straight towards Thor and he reacted to them. I can find a link for the scan if you want

Cyborg supes is supermans equal, so he hits far harder than a meager nuke. Thor can only stop time if he has time to think. Time manipulators don't react faster until they use their powers.

Just because they were flying doesn't mean it was top speed, and that's not blitzing anyway. If someone fought flash when he was moving at human speed, they wouldn't be reacting to a blitz from him. Characters don't always use their speed.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Hank has destroyed a planet so yeah beyond a nuke

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with the Thunder God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: characters also don't use their strength all the time. If he blitzs Thor there's no way to tell if he could hit harder than a nuke while going at such a high speed. And if someone speeds up to Thor and starts trying to hit him as fast as they can I would call that a blitz. Blitzing Thor doesn't really work that well.

Also I already proved Thor could take nukes, and he has taken hits that could destroy planets before without the Odinforce. If he is too slow, which is debateable, once he realizes he is being hit he will stop time or hit back or create a force field.

What if thor stopped time as soon as the battle started? Before cyborg supes could blitz?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Sy8000

@jayc1324 said:

@highaccuser: characters also don't use their strength all the time. If he blitzs Thor there's no way to tell if he could hit harder than a nuke while going at such a high speed. And if someone speeds up to Thor and starts trying to hit him as fast as they can I would call that a blitz. Blitzing Thor doesn't really work that well.

Also I already proved Thor could take nukes, and he has taken hits that could destroy planets before without the Odinforce. If he is too slow, which is debateable, once he realizes he is being hit he will stop time or hit back or create a force field.

What if thor stopped time as soon as the battle started? Before cyborg supes could blitz?

Cyborg superman has no morals. He's going to hit with planet busting strikes. He never does anything less. Don't generalize about one character not using their full strength to say none do.

He can take one planet busting hit, maybe 2, but not hundreds. He won't have time to realize he's being hit.

Thor can't do anything before cyborg superman blitzes. Cyborg supes will be moving faster than thought. It's not like he has a free pass to get one move out or something.

Avatar image for all_mighty_beyonder
All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cdiddyman911 said:

@jayc1324 said:

ok, answer this : if Superman can withstand a supernova( but get knocked out) why did he get badly injured and knocked out from a moon explosion? and why did he get knocked out from 2 planets sandwich explosion? and why did he get knocked out and bleed from Hawkman planet bust punch?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man the lowballing and out of context of Supes in here...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: I meant that if he punches at his fastest the punches will lose power and won't be planet busting. And you're acting like thor doesn't have superhuman speed

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@highaccuser: I meant that if he punches at his fastest the punches will lose power and won't be planet busting. And you're acting like thor doesn't have superhuman speed

Actually puching faster will make him hit much harder. Flash much?

And Thor doesn't have super-speed. He gets blitzed by street levelers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: that's the IMP which won't work here. Think about it, if you can wind up your punch and take the time to put all of your force into it you punch harder than you would if you just punched as fast as you can.

That's PIS/low showings. He has once punched so fast that his hands caught fire. He also reacted to mjolnir, which goes light speed, when it was inches from his face and he wasn't expecting it. Not to mention reacting to Hyperion and sentry and silver surfer speed blitz. Saying he doesn't have super speed us crazy. Thor is way above street levelers in every way. Don't bring up low showings with street levelers. I can just bring up when superman got punched by Batman. There's no reason for thor to react to street levelers hits just like there's no reason for superman to do it.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@highaccuser: that's the IMP which won't work here. Think about it, if you can wind up your punch and take the time to put all of your force into it you punch harder than you would if you just punched as fast as you can.

That's PIS/low showings. He has once punched so fast that his hands caught fire. He also reacted to mjolnir, which goes light speed, when it was inches from his face and he wasn't expecting it. Not to mention reacting to Hyperion and sentry and silver surfer speed blitz. Saying he doesn't have super speed us crazy. Thor is way above street levelers in every way. Don't bring up low showings with street levelers. I can just bring up when superman got punched by Batman. There's no reason for thor to react to speed levelers hits just like there's no reason for superman to do it.

He doesn't need to full out IMP. He doesn't even need to punch at max strength, and I don't see why he doesn't have time to. The worlds frozen to him.

So you admit there is such a thing as PIS? Finally! It's odd you didn't admit batman stomping shiva is PIS, and yet this is? Wow.

Thor's been blitzed and dodged at least four time. Hyperion, surfer and glads weren't blitzing. If people like them blitzed all the time, then how do metallo and parasite give superman problems. Oblviosly they wouldn't if he was going at top speed. Mjolnir isn't always FTL, and has been dodged by people without FTL reactions.

I'm bringing up consistent depictions, not low showings. You've yet to prove thor's speed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Well that wasnt PIS. What's wrong with a person losing to someone stronger, faster, more durable and with equal skill?

Back on topic, is reacting to those guys blitzs not super speed? A regular human can't do that. And for the mjolnir feat, if it was moving so fast that thor wasn't ready for it it was probably going FTL...

What about catching up to quicksilver? Or blitzing loki and Fenrir at the same time? Or blocking bullets with his hammer by moving his entire arm? Or punching so fast his hands caught fire? What about being the only person in the avengers that could see Hermes and be fast enough to attack him? Your two low showings < all of those speed feats I just mentioned.

Like I said, wolverine and spidey didn't hurt thor anyway, why should he react? Remember, batman also punched superman. Low showings.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta love march madness XD

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Well that wasnt PIS. What's wrong with a person losing to someone stronger, faster, more durable and with equal skill?

You weren't even acknowledging PIS existed, and now you do because it agrees with you? What happened to "if it happened befor we have to assume it will happen again".

Back on topic, is reacting to those guys blitzs not super speed? A regular human can't do that. And for the mjolnir feat, if it was moving so fast that thor wasn't ready for it it was probably going FTL...

They don't always use their speed to the fullest, we can't assume they were then. Metallo has tagged superman, is he FTL? I think not.

What about catching up to quicksilver? Or blitzing loki and Fenrir at the same time? Or blocking bullets with his hammer by moving his entire arm? Or punching so fast his hands caught fire? What about being the only person in the avengers that could see Hermes and be fast enough to attack him? Your two low showings < all of those speed feats I just mentioned.

What about him being blitzed by wolverine? Or being blitzed by spider-man? Twice? Or being Blitzed by moongoose, someone who couldn't even tag spider-man? Or being blitzed by captain America? Or being unable to stop a blast from cyclops?

Also, none of those showings show he can resist blitzing. Superman is far faster than quicksilver, loki, fenris, Hermes, or bullets.

Like I said, wolverine and spidey didn't hurt thor anyway, why should he react? Remember, batman also punched superman. Low showings.

Actually they did. Thor was crying in pain from wolverines claws, and even admitted logan was much faster than him. He also knew he couldn't take a blitzing from Spider-Man for long, and tried to stop him, ultimately succeding with an AOE effect, but cyborg is faster than those.

There's a crap ton of context to the batman vs superman fight. Poison Ivy was controlling superman, and Batman admitted he'd be dead by speedblitz if superman was doing everything to resist. He purposefully slowed himself down for Bruce to hit him.

Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Apocalypse3
reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By reaverlation

@apocalypse3: ...OK lol.I already said Thor wins and it's because of the Odin Force

Avatar image for alessandro_souzamarques
alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Cyborg superman has no morals. He's going to hit with planet busting strikes. He never does anything less. Don't generalize about one character not using their full strength to say none do.

He can take one planet busting hit, maybe 2, but not hundreds. He won't have time to realize he's being hit.

Thor can't do anything before cyborg superman blitzes. Cyborg supes will be moving faster than thought. It's not like he has a free pass to get one move out or something.

@jayc1324: Hank has destroyed a planet so yeah beyond a nuke

Can anyone show me Hank destroying a planet?

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cdiddyman911 said:

@jayc1324 said:

ok, answer this :

• if Superman can withstand a supernova( but get knocked out) why did he get badly injured and knocked out from a moon explosion?
  • and why did he get knocked out from 2 planets sandwich explosion?
  • and why did he get knocked out and bleed from Hawkman planet bust punch?
  • It was a special "shadowmoon" and he wasnt trying his best, "just under lightspeed"
  • That was the freaking merger of New Genesis and Apocalypse, not just 2 ordinary planets.
  • PIS written by Loeb, you probably knew that.

Superman has said he could split a moon in 1 punch. And he can hit hard enough to shatter small planets.

Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apocalypse3: Yeah I know, but if he can hit hard enough to shatter small planets and bust moons with a punch, the getting KO'd from a moon is PIS.