Most overrated Character in COMIC

eliah1102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By eliah1102

So whom do you guys think is the most overrated comic character in ComicVine Battle forums is. IMO it is Sentry,Pre Retcon Beyonder and Flash.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Sentry

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By skyroid

Sentry

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman

Avatar image for mr_nofunallowed
Mr_NoFunAllowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Wally West

2. Batman

3. Galactus

4. Hulk

Prospero_Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman. but I don't think it stops at battles. this NORMAL human being somehow got multiple degrees in different areas of expertise, mastered 127 martial arts, and learned multiple languages fluently while becoming the single greatest world detective in a span of years. Anyone that wants to pretend that hes not super in some way shape or form, is dreaming. Don't get me wrong, I like the character, but come on now. It's not like hes god or something.....

ValorZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash or Sentry

Evilbeavers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Evilbeavers

Batman/Sentry

sentry4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overrated:

1. Batman

2. Flash

Underrated:

1. Hulk

2. Ozymandias

3. Black Panther

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Koays

Thor/Storm/Flash/Sentry.

Maybe its just me but Batman isn't wanked as much on the forums as he was, unless your counting threads where he's given a week/month/year of prep time and a Hellbat/insider hybrid with Batmite feats in the setup. Then its not overrated its just byass.

G-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Batman, but definitely Superman on comicvine lol

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: How is Thor at all overrated? If anything he's underrated, he's literally mocked on this site on a regular basis.

In my opinion it's

Flash

Superman

Sentry

Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman and Flash easily

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf: Something something MCU Thor City Bust something something Thor walks on the sun something something Thor was holding back in that scan.

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By josephgomes619

@koays said:

Thor/Storm/Flash/Sentry.

Maybe its just me but Batman isn't wanked as much on the forums as he was, unless your counting threads where he's given a week/month/year of prep time and a Hellbat/insider hybrid with Batmite feats in the setup. Then its not overrated its just byass.

How is storm overrated again? I barely see her nowadays in vs threads

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: As opposed to Thor being slower than Wolverine, isn't that right?

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6c6de088804
deactivated-5c6c6de088804

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sentry4 said:

Overrated:

1. Batman

2. Flash

Underrated:

1. Hulk

2. Ozymandias

3. Black Panther

This.

Incursion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry, Wally west, and Batman

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Flash(s), Sentry, Ra's Al Ghul, Apocalypse, Dr. Manhattan, Thor, Superman(sundipped/1-Million), Thanos, The Source, Reed Richards/Dr. Doom with any(relatively small) amount of prep, and Captain Atom are the elite overrated.

Their cases usually boil down to "they did it once/a time or two, so let's just assume they fight that way every time" AKA acceptable high-balling.

Avatar image for darkroseironavenger
DarkRoseIronAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Screwattacks/DEATH BATTLE : Superman !

Cyberpower87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally west superman and sentry

Drmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in no particular order:

1. Batman

2. Wonder Woman

3. Cassandra Cain

4. Deathstroke

5. Thor

6. Itachi.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@prospero_locke: The thing that people need to realize, is that different writers focus on different aspects of Batman's abilities. In the 70s and 80s, especially under Neil Gaiman focused on the detective aspects of the character and that was his main talent. Physically he wasn't the invincible god-man some fans would have you believe he is. In Grant Morrison's JLA run, Batman's main thing was his overall intelligence and perception, he kept up with the JLA using strategics and psychological skills. In current times after Frank Miller, I find writers put a big emphasis on martial arts and willpower, and push strategics and detective work to the side.

The fanboys would have you believe that Batman is operating as a master of ALL these fields at ALL times, and that's where the problem comes in. Most writers however, tend to prefer a certain, select few aspects of the character, and Batman only specializes in those. Some writers (mostly back in the day, like the 70s) portray Batman as a slim and fast master acrobat, whereas other writers say that his fighting style relies on physical strength. Most writers would say that Batman can beat the strongest guy by being faster and the fastest guy by being stronger, NOT defeat the strongest guy by being stronger and the fastest guy by being faster. The fanboys however will take one scan from the 70s, one scan from the 80s, one from the 90s, and then one from last week and play it off as if Batman is an expert in every conceivable field in existence.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4. Deathstroke

Him too.

Loathe as I am to add him(being he's my absolute favorite), Lucifer Morningstar as well.

As someone who has read at least 99% of every appearance he's ever made, in any publication, claiming he'll just "manipulate them" is hands down the laziest, downright full of sh!t contrivance of a means to victory I think I've ever seen.

And I see it in pretty much every damn thread featuring him against any other nigh-omnipotent character.

sentry4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thing that people need to realize, is that different writers focus on different aspects of Batman's abilities. In the 70s and 80s, especially under Neil Gaiman focused on the detective aspects of the character and that was his main talent. Physically he wasn't the invincible god-man some fans would have you believe he is. In Grant Morrison's JLA run, Batman's main thing was his overall intelligence and perception, he kept up with the JLA using strategics and psychological skills. In current times after Frank Miller, I find writers put a big emphasis on martial arts and willpower, and push strategics and detective work to the side.

The fanboys would have you believe that Batman is operating as a master of ALL these fields at ALL times, and that's where the problem comes in. Most writers however, tend to prefer a certain, select few aspects of the character, and Batman only specializes in those. Some writers (mostly back in the day, like the 70s) portray Batman as a slim and fast master acrobat, whereas other writers say that his fighting style relies on physical strength. Most writers would say that Batman can beat the strongest guy by being faster and the fastest guy by being stronger, NOT defeat the strongest guy by being stronger and the fastest guy by being faster. The fanboys however will take one scan from the 70s, one scan from the 80s, one from the 90s, and then one from last week and play it off as if Batman is an expert in every conceivable field in existence.

Great analysis

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By XiiX

The fanboys would have you believe that Batman is operating as a master of ALL these fields at ALL times

This more or less sums up the issue with every overrated character(with any manner of versatility).

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kingant27

So many, also I wouldn't consider the Sentry overrated, perhaps even understated at times, as Dc/Superman fans etc, can't get there head around him not being a Superman Rip-Off, when actually his feats are well above that level; which enabled him to beat Molecule Man which wasn't pis.

Avatar image for imperator_nocturne
Imperator_Nocturne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash, Hulk

i think the Batman thing is mostly a joke by now

PanthersRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g-dude: superman is underated by a lot of people on here, overatted is hulk, flash sentry , doom and midnighter

batd12345678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

overated flash

under rated batman

TrionAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TrionAce

Deathbattle Characters

Sentry

Superman

Deathstroke

Hulk (both under and overrated)

*I feel like Batman wanking has gone down on the Vine imo

Avatar image for deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe
deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry

Flash isn't overrated given the methods that Viners use to determine a character's abilities, but it's obvious that the CV version is very different from the Flash that appears in the actual comics. Thats what you get if you judge a character without considering the context (and I don't mean the context inside the universe, I mean the context of the storytelling and such)

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@josephgomes619: Yea she's not featured as frequently, but she has a tendency to become an omnipotent energy manipulator who reacts and attacks without having to think on it in any fight that should give her trouble given her durability and otherwise human stats.

@conner_wolf: lol im not saying his defense is unwarranted, but Thor reasoning tends to just act like he's not wholely inconsistent.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Adam.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Cream_God

Superman according to some Youtube channels...

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Dude, every character has so many inconsistencies. Superman has trouble with The General or Solomon Grundy one day, the next he's blowing up moons. I personally just prefer to take the characters at the best we've seen them without dipping into PIS or no-limits/Infinite territory. Using inconsistencies to try and put a character down just turns into "Your character sucks me!" "No, your character sucks more!" and that's how you get flame wars.

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry

Galactus

Odin

Thanos

Deadpool

Sentry

Lucky891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman. but I don't think it stops at battles. this NORMAL human being somehow got multiple degrees in different areas of expertise, mastered 127 martial arts, and learned multiple languages fluently while becoming the single greatest world detective in a span of years. Anyone that wants to pretend that hes not super in some way shape or form, is dreaming. Don't get me wrong, I like the character, but come on now. It's not like hes god or something.....

Yea, he's super. But stop comparing him to galaxy busters.

retro_velocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry\Batman\Spawn\ Wonder Woman\ Flash\ Wolverine

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Koays

@conner_wolf: Yea, and I agree completely, but if we're trying to estimate what it will take for the Flash to beat Thor then we need to be fair about how he doesn't always react as fast as he does win he tags Quicksilver or some random speedster. I'm all for looking at a character at their best, but if the character doesn't consistently repeat their better feats then why would they be able to consistently duplicate over the course of a knock down drag out fight situation posed.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: But then you look to Thor tagging even faster people like Sentry, Silver Surfer, or Hyperion, and people just totally ignore those as well. I totally understand recognizing a character's weak point-speed is definitely Thor's-but people seem to just take the status quo and use it to their advantage. Personally, when there's such a massive gap between what a character does at one point and what he does at another, I think it's enough to say he'd lose at least 1 fight based solely on that, but it's not enough to say he'd just get blitzed and that's the end of it.

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any high tier JL member, especially Superman.

Anyone with molecular manipulation (below skyfather) because let's be real, everyone and their mother has resisted it.

Aquaman. The fact that people think he can beat Iron Man and hold his own against Hulk or Thor is ridiculous.

As for underrated characters, Elektra is gravely underrated, as are most street levelers.

23dhjyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Batman

2.Superman

3.Deadpool

4.Hulk

5.Spiderman

Watertaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vineforce Flash

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1: Dr. Strange No Contest

2: Silver Sufer

3: Sentry

4: Thanos

I don't see Batman being overrated anymore, I just see claims of that.