Deathstroke VS Kano

Nightcrawler VS Noob Saibot

Iron Man VS Sektor

Wolverine VS Baraka

Lizard VS Reptile

Hulk VS Ermac

Vision VS Smoke

#3 Posted by Cgoodness (2270 posts) - - Show Bio

Usually I see Thor vs Raiden in these kind of threads lol....I agree with Pr0metheus's post

#4 Posted by Juiceboks (5893 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel and Dc win every one of these matchups. The closest one is probably Killer Frost and Sub Zero but I still think she can edge out a victory.

#5 Posted by Marshall_Long (1710 posts) - - Show Bio

Only Sub-Zero and Rain win their fights on the MK side.

#6 Edited by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

The Punisher VS Stryker

Quiksilver VS Kabal

Ghost Rider VS Scorpion

Black Widow VS Sonya

Cyborg VS Jax

Killer Frost VS Sub Zero

Storm VS Rain

Psylocke VS Kenshi

Steel VS Shao Kahn

Doomsday VS Onaga

Shazam VS Raiden

Iron Fist VS Liu Kang

Nightwing VS Jade

Beast VS Kintaro

Starfire VS Tanya

Batman VS Johnny Cage

Deathstroke VS Kano

Iron Man VS Sektor

Wolverine VS Baraka

Lizard VS Reptile

Hulk VS Ermac

Vision VS Smoke

I'll edit if I think on any other ones.

#7 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4066 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel and Dc win every one of these matchups. The closest one is probably Killer Frost and Sub Zero but I still think she can edge out a victory.

Why?

#8 Edited by Juiceboks (5893 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks said:

Why?

MK characters generally don't have feats to match up against Marvel or DC ones. I just don't see any of them winning their matches in this thread.

#9 Posted by cfrehse (989 posts) - - Show Bio

The Punisher VS Stryker

Quiksilver VS Kabal

Ghost Rider VS Scorpion

Black Widow VS Sonya

Cyborg VS Jax

Killer Frost VS Sub Zero

Storm VS Rain

Psylocke VS Kenshi

Steel VS Shao Kahn

Doomsday VS Onaga

Shazam VS Raiden

Iron Fist VS Liu Kang

Nightwing VS Jade

Beast VS Kintaro

Starfire VS Tanya

Batman VS Johnny Cage

Deathstroke VS Kano

Iron Man VS Sektor

Wolverine VS Baraka

Lizard VS Reptile

Hulk VS Ermac

Vision VS Smoke

#10 Edited by DeathandGrim (1928 posts) - - Show Bio

Legend:

E - Even

C - Close

D - Decent Fight

S - Stomp

MS - Murder Stomp

MSFH - Murder Stomp From Hell

SP - Spite...

@the_red_viper said:

The Punisher VS Stryker (MS)

Quiksilver VS Kabal (C)

Ghost Rider VS Scorpion (D)

Black Widow VS Sonya (MSFH)

Cyborg VS Jax (MSFH)

Killer Frost VS Sub Zero (D)

Storm VS Rain (MSFH)

Psylocke VS Kenshi (E)

Steel VS Shao Kahn (Oh this is fair) (MSFH) (SP)

Doomsday VS Onaga (MSFH)

Shazam VS Raiden (D)

Iron Fist VS Liu Kang (MSFH)

Nightwing VS Jade (S)

Beast VS Kintaro (MS)

Starfire VS Tanya (MS)

Batman VS Johnny Cage (SP)

Deathstroke VS Kano (MSFH) (Deathstroke has guns, Kano has knives...)

Nightcrawler VS Noob Saibot (S)

Iron Man VS Sektor (D)

Wolverine VS Baraka (MSFH)

Lizard VS Reptile (MSFH)

Hulk VS Ermac (S) (TK, BFR, YOUR PICK...)

Vision VS Smoke (MS)

well there's my take on it. Gonna prob get some hate about the Hulk vs Error Macro one but whatever

#11 Posted by nick_hero22 (6313 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel and DC wins, and when will people get it through their thick heads that Mortal Kombat characters are more realistic in terms of physical capabilities compared to Marvel and DC characters.

#12 Edited by DeathandGrim (1928 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel and DC wins, and when will people get it through their thick heads that Mortal Kombat characters are more realistic in terms of physical capabilities compared to Marvel and DC characters.

This works.

#13 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

Punching holes in the chests of the opponents and even ripping them apart is not realistic in terms of physical capabilities.

#14 Edited by nick_hero22 (6313 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:
@nick_hero22 said:

Punching holes in the chests of the opponents and even ripping them apart is not realistic in terms of physical capabilities.

Name me one instance where any Mortal Kombat characters outside of gameplay mechanic (fatalities are apart of gameplay) replicated any physical feat like that except Liu Kang who had his whole fist engulfed in fire when he did that.

#15 Edited by DeathandGrim (1928 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: Supes can toss people into the sun effortlessly, Hulk smashes planets, Storm has control over climate

Marvel and DC make Alice in Wonderland seem like The Wire, in terms of realism

#16 Posted by Juiceboks (5893 posts) - - Show Bio

Legend:

E - Even

C - Close

D - Decent Fight

S - Stomp

MS - Murder Stomp

SP - Spite...

@the_red_viper said:

Quiksilver VS Kabal (C)

Cyborg VS Jax (MSFH)

Storm VS Rain (MSFH)

Psylocke VS Kenshi (E)

Doomsday VS Onaga (MSFH)

Shazam VS Raiden (D)

Nightwing VS Jade (S)

Beast VS Kintaro (MS)

Starfire VS Tanya (MS)

Iron Man VS Sektor (D)

Lizard VS Reptile (MSFH)

Vision VS Smoke (MS)

well there's my take on it. Gonna prob get some hate about the Hulk vs Error Macro one but whatever

How on God's green earth does Scorpion take out Ghost Rider? Or Sektor take out Iron Man? Liu Kang murderstomping Iron Fist? Are you serious? I'm not even gonna get into how the hell Ermac would BFR Hulk without getting one shotted...

#17 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:
@nick_hero22 said:

Name me one instance where any Mortal Kombat characters outside of gameplay mechanic replicating any physical feat like that except Liu Kang who had his whole fist engulfed in fire when he did that.

Raiden getting smacked around by by Shao Khan and breaking the ground at impact. MK characters have ridiculous durability for humans.

And when it comes to games mechanics do matter a lot, because they're an extension of the universe. And in game we saw the characters taking sword stabs to the chest and still continue to fight. MK characters are not normal people. Johnny Cage shoots green fireballs for the hell of it. Liu Kang shoots fire. It's a demonic world full of magic. Deal with it.

Besides that you're not allowed to pick and choose what you want to be canon and what not. I've seen people trying to argue with me about Prototype mechanics and how it doesn't matter, when Alex Mercer gets affected by a rocket, which is non-sense at its finest.
Did you ever saw Smoke doing a Smoke bomb outside of the game mechanics? I don't recall that I have, but you would still give him that ability, if he was in a fight. Why giving him the Smokebomb, but taking away his durability? Both is inside of the game / the universe. That's also what the Fatalities are for. They're a Finishing Move to kill your opponent, when he is weakened.

#18 Posted by DeathandGrim (1928 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks:

@deathandgrim said:

Legend:

E - Even

C - Close

D - Decent Fight

S - Stomp

MS - Murder Stomp

SP - Spite...

@the_red_viper said:

Quiksilver VS Kabal (C)

Cyborg VS Jax (MSFH)

Storm VS Rain (MSFH)

Psylocke VS Kenshi (E)

Doomsday VS Onaga (MSFH)

Shazam VS Raiden (D)

Nightwing VS Jade (S)

Beast VS Kintaro (MS)

Starfire VS Tanya (MS)

Iron Man VS Sektor (D)

Lizard VS Reptile (MSFH)

Vision VS Smoke (MS)

How on God's green earth does Scorpion take out Ghost Rider? Or Sektor take out Iron Man? Liu Kang murderstomping Iron Fist? Are you serious? I'm not even gonna get into how the hell Ermac would BFR Hulk without getting one shotted...

Scorpion doesn't die until he's achieved Vengeance for his clan, and he's fucked up far worse people that Ghost Rider in his quest to do so. Not mention his numerous deaths and banishments Ghost Rider wouldn't be able to take him down.

Liu Kang is a Dragon, your argument is invalid. But seriously Liu Kang has battled reality/realm warping/controlling/destroying sorcerers and emperors for a living... err for survival.

Ermac is also kind of immortal, considering he's nothing but a collection of souls. His TK, TP, and soul based energy can easily stop Hulk before he even has time to touch him... Or just TK him away...

#19 Edited by GhostRavage (7554 posts) - - Show Bio

The Punisher VS Stryker

Quiksilver VS Kabal

Ghost Rider VS Scorpion (Massive hellstomp)

Black Widow VS Sonya (Black widow... Hotter and massively more skilled)

Cyborg VS Jax (Mismatch)

Killer Frost VS Sub Zero (Just because he's cooler... See what i did there?) ;)

Storm VS Rain

Psylocke VS Kenshi (Lol?)

Steel VS Shao Kahn

Doomsday VS Onaga (Hahaha!)

Shazam VS Raiden

Iron Fist VS Liu Kang (Eeeeeemmm...)

Nightwing VS Jade

Beast VS Kintaro

Starfire VS Tanya

Batman VS Johnny Cage

Deathstroke VS Kano

Nightcrawler VS Noob Saibot (Actually, i believe this is the best non-mismatch fight overall)

Iron Man VS Sektor

Wolverine VS Baraka (New Baraka Pepperoni, with Omega 3, now available in Walmart just for 1.98$)

Lizard VS Reptile

Hulk VS Ermac (My god...)

Vision VS Smoke

#20 Posted by Juiceboks (5893 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks:

@juiceboks said:

@deathandgrim said:

Legend:

E - Even

C - Close

D - Decent Fight

S - Stomp

MS - Murder Stomp

SP - Spite...

@the_red_viper said:

Quiksilver VS Kabal (C)

Cyborg VS Jax (MSFH)

Storm VS Rain (MSFH)

Psylocke VS Kenshi (E)

Doomsday VS Onaga (MSFH)

Shazam VS Raiden (D)

Nightwing VS Jade (S)

Beast VS Kintaro (MS)

Starfire VS Tanya (MS)

Iron Man VS Sektor (D)

Lizard VS Reptile (MSFH)

Vision VS Smoke (MS)

Scorpion doesn't die until he's achieved Vengeance for his clan, and he's fucked up far worse people that Ghost Rider in his quest to do so. Not mention his numerous deaths and banishments Ghost Rider wouldn't be able to take him down.

Liu Kang is a Dragon, your argument is invalid. But seriously Liu Kang has battled reality/realm warping/controlling/destroying sorcerers and emperors for a living... err for survival.

Ermac is also kind of immortal, considering he's nothing but a collection of souls. His TK, TP, and soul based energy can easily stop Hulk before he even has time to touch him... Or just TK him away...

GR rips him half with his chains. Pretty sure that will stop him at least for the moment. And if you really think Scorpion has defeated greater people than GR then you need to explore the character more..

That's some serious hype you're giving a character who would be hard pressed to dodge a bullet..anything Liu can do(aside from fireballs and shapeshifting) Danny can do to a much greater extent. Seriously, by that logic Liu, Sonya and Jax should be able to stand up to reality warpers like Scarlet Witch or magic users like Zatanna.

Ermac doesn't have TP. Even if he did, Hulk's thing is kind of resisting that from all but the most powerful telepaths. Hulk's also resisted TK from much more powerful people like Jean Grey. Anything Ermac tries Hulk can take very easily, whereas if Hulk smashes his physical form he will dissipate as a collection of souls. Or better yet, he throws him into space and leaves him to wander since he doesn't have to worry about :"killing" him.

#21 Posted by nick_hero22 (6313 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:
@nick_hero22 said:

@enzeru said:
@nick_hero22 said:

Name me one instance where any Mortal Kombat characters outside of gameplay mechanic replicating any physical feat like that except Liu Kang who had his whole fist engulfed in fire when he did that.

Raiden getting smacked around by by Shao Khan and breaking the ground at impact. MK characters have ridiculous durability for humans.

And when it comes to games mechanics do matter a lot, because they're an extension of the universe. And in game we saw the characters taking sword stabs to the chest and still continue to fight. MK characters are not normal people. Johnny Cage shoots green fireballs for the hell of it. Liu Kang shoots fire. It's a demonic world full of magic. Deal with it.

Besides that you're not allowed to pick and choose what you want to be canon and what not. I've seen people trying to argue with me about Prototype mechanics and how it doesn't matter, when Alex Mercer gets affected by a rocket, which is non-sense at its finest.

Did you ever saw Smoke doing a Smoke bomb outside of the game mechanics? I don't recall that I have, but you would still give him that ability, if he was in a fight. Why giving him the Smokebomb, but taking away his durability? Both is inside of the game / the universe. That's also what the Fatalities are for. They're a Finishing Move to kill your opponent, when he is weakened.

1) Raiden isn't a mortal, so I don't how that is a testament to human durability in the MK Universe?

2) Gameplay mechanics aren't an extension of the Universe, and I have already addressed this topic in previous threads. "Gameplay mechanics are created from a much different perspective than information from the lore. Gameplay is designed purely for competitive and entertainment purposes, not for expanding the lore. Gameplay mechanics require that a character's abilities stay consistent with the role they are assigned in gameplay such as a grappler based character, speed based character, range based character, and etc. Not to mention that gameplay mechanics are flat-out contradicted several times in cutscenes from the storymode, especially the on-panel fights."

3) It's non-canon if it isn't validated by the lore, so if Alex Mercer can take a hit from a rocket in gameplay and fail to do so in a cutscene then that would fit the criteria of a non-canonical showing.

4) Smoke isn't a cyborg anymore, so I don't see how that is irrelevant here. And, even if we take into consideration what you are saying, why doesn't Smoke (Cyborg) use smokebombs canon-wise? Don't you think the ability to drop smokebombs in an actual fight would be useful? So, why does Smoke (Cyborg) choose to ignore this ability in on-panel fights?