Morlun vs. Wolverine & Sabretooth

• 81 results
RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@super_soldierxii: Hey, Wolverine fanboy! you're walking down the exact same line of logic I had. You said it better. Kudos.

@laflux: I actually am glad they didn't use Adamantium tipped anything. I am sick of Adamantium being nerfed.

@strider92: Your scans make my head hurt.

I see it now. Thor vs Morlun. Mark my words.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#52  Edited By Strider1992

@super_soldierxii: The in's and out's of how Morlun functions hasn't really been explained but in his second encounter with Spider-man i'm pretty sure he didn't tip of Pete's spider-sense. So there's a high chance the guy has abilities that haven't been fully explained yet. Given him not tipping off Peter's spider-sense the second time and the fact he sneaked past the Avengers twice (first time was the scan I showed you second time he was in Peter's room at the hospital and the whole Avengers team including Wolverine were meant to be guarding it and none of them had any idea Morlun was in there). I wouldn't call it PIS as he's bypassed them twice in a period of 3 issues. We don't know all his abilities but given his consistent ability to remain undetected I wouldn't call plot.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By laflux

@strider92 said:

@super_soldierxii: The in's and out's of how Morlun functions hasn't really been explained but in his second encounter with Spider-man i'm pretty sure he didn't tip of Pete's spider-sense. So there's a high chance the guy has abilities that haven't been fully explained yet. Given him not tipping off Peter's spider-sense the second time and the fact he sneaked past the Avengers twice (first time was the scan I showed you second time he was in Peter's room at the hospital and the whole Avengers team including Wolverine were meant to be guarding it and none of them had any idea Morlun was in there). I wouldn't call it PIS as he's bypassed them twice in a period of 3 issues. We don't know all his abilities but given his consistent ability to remain undetected I wouldn't call plot.

Actually it directly pertains to Wolverine as well. When Spider-Man was dying due to the affects of the Other, Morlun appeared to him in an alley way, but said he didn't want to fight him yet because Peter wasn't obviously at his best, at that moment delirious because of the Other. Morlun goes off, Peter climbs after him but can barely get off the ground before falling and is caught by none other than old muttonchops. Spider-Man asks did Wolverine sense Morlun, to which Logan responds no, before giving a touching speech about how the avengers are there to help him and he's not alone.

So its three times actually that Morlun has evaded Logan's senses. In any case I don't see it as a big point, as Morlun doesn't tend to go invisible when fighting foes, and the opponents began visible.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Strider1992

@laflux: Oh yes i'd forgotten about that. I would say evading Wolverine senses three times is damn consistent lol. True but not being picked up by Logan's sense is a hell of bonus as ol Wolvie does use them in his fights.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: @laflux:

Guess there's more to Mr. Morbid Morlun than meets the eye. Have to wait until his character development plays out. Kinda has echos of how Classic Sabes was with Wolverine in a way ... before he was, y'know, "character developed".

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii: Yeah he's pretty vague. We know that he's not from Earth's reality so that might be why people aren't sensing him. He's been hinted to return in Scarlet Spider as Kaine's "Other" just awakened so maybe we'll find out a bit more about him then.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morlun should be able to evade most if not all of their attacks and get a win

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#58  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I still think Morlun beats these two.

As far as the adamantium net goes, I wouldn't look too much into it. Morlun hasn't showed anything in Hulk, Thor, or even Thing level in strength that I can recall (correct me if I am wrong on that last bit) aside from a one off statement from Parker, and Logan's head is still on his shoulders. I'd say it is either secondary ady or just a type of adamantium alloy mixed in with the net to allow malleability.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By laflux

@super_soldierxii said:

@strider92: @laflux:

Guess there's more to Mr. Morbid Morlun than meets the eye. Have to wait until his character development plays out. Kinda has echos of how Classic Sabes was with Wolverine in a way ... before he was, y'know, "character developed".

I was checking to find out whether this battle had been done, but I would like to point out that Morlun probably bears more resemblance to Gorgon than Sabretooth. Both Morlun and Gorgon are relatively recent villains, who have made a habit of stomping their respective opponents without to much trouble. Both don't have much in the end of low end showings (I'm ignoring the Daredevil incident), as well as a large mystical element to their background- Gorgon with his mystical enhancements, the Gorgon Stare (I know its his primary mutant power- but its like Medusa go figure), and his affinity for mythical bladed weapons and links with the hand. Morlun likewise, is a mystical totem figure.

Concerning the battle at hand, Morlun did get stabbed with a spear in BP run. I was aware of this, but considering his other feats, I was willing to write this off as PIS. However after a conversation with Jashro, I think its feasible to take it at face value. Different types of attacks can affect characters differently. Wonder-Woman for example punched out a Nuke, but bleeds to knives and bullets. While that sounds illogical, I'm just going to say its because both of the characters have magic related powers to avoid getting a head-ache.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morlun.

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

after spider-verse, Morlun all the way. Wolverine and Sabretooth have no way to put him down, and they are both technically animal totems as well, right? He could just absorb their energies or whatever.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morlun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba149167b2c0
deactivated-5ba149167b2c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morlun stomps these two.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Before spiderverse I think this could have been at least debatable but as of now morlun blitzes.

FoolsGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Before spiderverse I think this could have been at least debatable but as of now morlun blitzes.

This. Funny how time changes things eh

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

This. Funny how time changes things eh

At the time the thread was made this would be a fair match, now it's a stomp of unimaginable proportions for Morlun.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By 98115

it's a tough one for me im leaning toward morlun because i read his first story and the black panther story and he was unstoppable you could only slow him down but im not 100% sure of what he's capable of in the other stories i know hes so fast that spidey tried to web swing away several blocks to the top of a building and morlun got there like 2 seconds later from inside the building. if he can absorb the life force of the team he should win.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba149167b2c0
deactivated-5ba149167b2c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foolsgold: @jashro44: @hiddenlight:

I'd actually go as far to say that he would stomp them back then as well. The Morlun in that picture showed no weaknesses at all, and I dont see what would stop him from sticking his hand through both Wolverines and Sabertooth's chest and draining them.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathbyants: Back than Morluns speed would have been questionable and wolverines whole powerset is about bypassing durability.

Now Morlun is fast enough to blitz spiders before they can even register there spider-sense.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Out of curiosity do you have any scans of a Morlun spider blitz? That would be sweet to see

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morlun stomps.

44orhsaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Out of curiosity do you have any scans of a Morlun spider blitz? That would be sweet to see

No Caption Provided

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By pastepotpete1
SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morlun stomps

Old_Blighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44

Looks like this has been done.

@old_blighty said:

I'm tempted to say the duo take it. Morlun is tough, but didn't it take him like twelve hours to beat Spider-Man? I know it was something ridiculous like that. The fact that it took him this long to beat Peter makes me think that he likely doesn't outclass the team that much in speed, or he really likes to play with his enemies.

I will admit I haven't read anything with Morlun in for a long time, so I may be forgetting something crucial.

Peter lasted 12 hours but I don't see why that is a strike against Morlun. Its one of Peter's best showings of endurance.

It illustrates that Morlun couldn't or at least didn't beat Peter quickly. I think that at least makes it arguable that he is unlikely to beat the duo quickly. The difference of course being that he is facing two far more durable opponents with healing factors and the ability to coarse him harm.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@old_blighty: Morlun was trying to drain peters life force. He mostly toyed with Peter.

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morlun inheritors?

Old_Blighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Old_Blighty

@jashro44:

Hmmm, I think I will re-read the comic and then come back to he thread. Like I said in the other one, I'm a bit fuzzy on the details.

Krishh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morlun. He's proven quite resistant to piercing damage.

doomwrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers