• 60 results
#1 Posted by GoldenStar66 (659 posts) - - Show Bio

The fight takes place at the X-Men Mansion.  
Wolverine & Sabretooth have no morals at all.  
Morlun has morals on and is delighted to play.
Win is by Knockout.  
Sabretooth has his adamantium claws. So does, Wolvie. 
All start 29 feet away. 
Who wins? 

#2 Posted by mavfan626 (4138 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine can take him..

#3 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio
@mavfan626 said:
Wolverine can take him..
No,he can't.
#4 Posted by mavfan626 (4138 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelJackAss433 said:
@mavfan626 said:
Wolverine can take him..
No,he can't.
Why not?
#5 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio
@mavfan626: Morlun is able to rip adimantium,though I might be confusing him with someone else.
#6 Posted by mavfan626 (4138 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelJackAss433: Wolverine's not going to let him just rip him part, Wolverine's a better fight and has better reflexes.
#7 Posted by Snowscorpion (337 posts) - - Show Bio
@mavfan626
Morlun can keep up with Black Panther I think.I think Black Panther is sorta better than wolverine.
#8 Posted by God_Spawn (38094 posts) - - Show Bio

Morlun should stomp these 2.

#9 Posted by mavfan626 (4138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Snowscorpion said:
@mavfan626: Morlun can keep up with Black Panther I think.I think Black Panther is sorta better than wolverine.
Shuri as Black Panther would not Wolverine.
#10 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (25512 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:
this.
#11 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

Murlon was able to snap an adamantium net.
the thing is it was pis since adamantium is not flexible unless it is  beta adamantium and that only happens one way in a certain place.

Murlon cannot win against wolverine and Sabretooth.

also wolverine is far above in skills and attirbutes to be compared to BP. might as well compare Robin to spiderman or Batman to Spiderman.

#12 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6465 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone please fill me in more on Murlon? Not too familiar...
#13 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

He was a spiderman villain whose power is to steal a person's life force notably those who have totem animal like powers and abilities...
Spiderman said he hit harder than hulk but that to me is hyberbole.
Morlunn actually manage to break an adamantium net which was massive PIS just the idea of an adamantium net even existing. 
Morlun has also taken missile explosion without damage.

Morlun weakness is radiation so he cant siphon a person who is noted with high levels of radiation.

#14 Posted by marvelrules2011 (728 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:
#15 Edited by BarelyAverage (967 posts) - - Show Bio
@Snowscorpion said:

@mavfan626: Morlun can keep up with Black Panther I think.I think Black Panther is sorta better than wolverine.

Sabretooth before he died was about to kill black panther. People are underestimating these two working together. They know a lot about each other and would know how to work together to put down a more powerfu foe. Plus they both have adamantium skeletons and Creed has an arguably better healing factor than wolverine.
#16 Posted by Snowscorpion (337 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking: No way.Black Panther is Superhuman.Comparing him to Robin is an extreme understatement.
@BarelyAverage
Scan
#17 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

you missed the what i was tryin to say with the comparison and focused on the wrong thing

#18 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6465 posts) - - Show Bio
@Snowscorpion said:

@castleking: No way.Black Panther is Superhuman.Comparing him to Robin is an extreme understatement.
@BarelyAverage: Scan

#19 Posted by Snowscorpion (337 posts) - - Show Bio
@Super_SoldierXII: Looks to me like BP was kicking his arse :P
#20 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6465 posts) - - Show Bio
@Snowscorpion said:

Ya... the next panel is telling though. Wolverine actually rescues BP. It was clear BP was looking to get his throat slit. Throwing a few haymakers into Creeds face (a 10 tonner with a healing factor) like that does little to nothing ...
#21 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:
#22 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@Snowscorpion

*facepalm*

hitting someone especially in a blitz surprise attack and unable to put a guy down who simply shrugs them off and manhandles you does not equate to having his @$$ beat.

= /
#23 Posted by EpitomeofCool (2779 posts) - - Show Bio

morlun wins here....

#24 Posted by RisingBean (4306 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the losers in this thread are those who read that Loeb POS story.
#25 Edited by Tahunuva123 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Snowscorpion said:
Ya... the next panel is telling though. Wolverine actually rescues BP. It was clear BP was looking to get his throat slit. Throwing a few haymakers into Creeds face (a 10 tonner with a healing factor) like that does little to nothing ...

Ya thats one thing I never understood with these comics. How can a person who is only at peak conditions even harm somebody who is so much stronger. It would be like me walking up and drop kicking a pregnant squirl and not only have it live but turn around and kick my ass. Parden me for questioning the magic of comic physics though.

#27 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2

#28 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

The team wins.

#29 Posted by W0nd3rb0y (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing how both are totems Morlun takes them easily. Morlun needs something way untraditional like magic or mysticism to be taken down and even adamantium won't kill him for good (he tore adamantium net if memory serves) explosions do nothing more but take his clothes off, the way I see it they would "play" for a while then Morlun would kick Wolvie's regen into overdrive or pound him so hard he would get tumors (every punch drains totemic heroes of their energy and replenishes Morlun's own making his strength seem stronger than Hulk's or Thor's to the recipient). Seeing how neither Wolvie or Sabre are radiation based or have any access to it they have no means of impuring themselves to weaken Morlun they just lack the damage to take him down as awesome as they are. Eventually one of them gets caught and drained making good ole Morley even stronger and taking the remaining animal down.

P.S. Totemic heroes VS Morlun = Not a good combo

#30 Posted by henrik (562 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine and Sabretooth can beat him .

#31 Edited by laflux (16787 posts) - - Show Bio

Morlun In my Opinion, should win in a fairly entertaining fight. His draining abilities should be somewhat countered by Wolverine's and Creed's healing factors. Once he turns up the juice, the duo should go down soon enough.

The statement above would have been my answer before Morlun's run in Black Panther. When the whole of Wakanda struggles to put you down, I'm afraid that's a stretch to far for even Logan

#32 Edited by RisingBean (4306 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: On a serious note. Wouldn't Adamantium claws dismember and thus kill Morlun if PIS is not in play?

#33 Posted by Strider92 (16721 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean: Considering this guy ran circles around Spider-man with ease I doubt the team would land enough hits for that to happen. Also Morlun shattered adamantium with his fists when Black Panther tried to hold him down with it (don't know if you'd call this PIS not though) so it isn't looking that great for the team.

#34 Edited by BigCimmerian (8575 posts) - - Show Bio

Morlun should win on paper, but it could go either way.

#35 Edited by RisingBean (4306 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: Breaking primary Adamantium is PIS in my book. I recall looking at the Morlun fight some years back, and think he tanked quite the beating. My feeling is that Wolverine should be able to dismember him unless he literally outpaces the team.

#36 Posted by laflux (16787 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean: Considering this guy ran circles around Spider-man with ease I doubt the team would land enough hits for that to happen. Also Morlun shattered adamantium with his fists when Black Panther tried to hold him down with it (don't know if you'd call this PIS not though) so it isn't looking that great for the team.

I actually asked Tom Bevroot whether this was secondary Adamantuim- he didn't answer. Thing is though, we haven't seen Morlun exert himself to the fullest. During the Other when fighting an admittedly somewhat weakened Spider-Man he was clearly holding back. Spider-Man was comparing his hits to Hulk and Thor. While Hulk and Thor haven't admittedly hit Spidey at full strength, neither was Morlun at that time. And in that fight, I don't he was using power draining. Combined with his showings in Black Panther, I think its ample evidence to say he's easily a 100 tonner, and it certainly matches up with his durability feats.

Although Ironically, his entry in the marvel Handbook lists him as a 25 tonner. Though I take them with a pinch of salt, since they also put classic Doc Samson at the same level.

Most importantly, Morlun proves one thing. Spider-Man Stingers>Adamantuim>Nukes.

Flawless logic!!!!!!!

#37 Posted by RisingBean (4306 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Your logic makes my head hurt.

#38 Posted by MisterGuyMan (2044 posts) - - Show Bio

Team wins. Spiderman loses to Morlun because Pete always tries to outpunch him which is a terrible strategy. The injuries that the Team can deal, particularly Logan, are more lasting.

Even their morals help the team. Morlun likes to savor the hunt as long as he can. Wolverine would just slice off limbs. Morlun stands there and lets Pete hit him.

#39 Edited by laflux (16787 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Your logic makes my head hurt.

You can't appreciate my genius.

On a serious not though, it was the mystical properties of Spider-Man ascended in the other state which allowed him to penetrate Morlun. His stingers even glowed as he penetrated Morlun. And the way he dispatched him, by tearing his neck out with his fangs and Morlun fading to dust, seems rather magical to me. The whole point of Morlun, Shantra and Ezekiel as Spider-Man characters was to prove that Spider-Man being bitten was as much mythical as it was scientific.

#40 Edited by Strider92 (16721 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Well Morlun has demonstrated weakness when feeding. Its the only time he's ever been hurt. Like when Pete stabbed him with stingers and Pete caught him off-guard feeding on Ezekiel. So its safe to say Morlun may be weaker when feeding.

#41 Posted by RisingBean (4306 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Sounds uh...terrible with all the penetrating. Off topic, but I don't personally feel Spidey needs to be mythical. Just me. I guess I will ask you and @strider92: this. How much piercing/slashing damage can Morlun take? I know from Spidey he can shake off tons of blunt damage, but can he do the same with claws? That is the crux of my thought process. If he can heal from a decap, or somehow is durable enough to not get his head taken, then he wins. He did wreck Spidey but good.

#42 Posted by laflux (16787 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Well Morlun has demonstrated weakness when feeding. Its the only time he's ever been hurt. Like when Pete stabbed him with stingers and Pete caught him off-guard feeding on Ezekiel. So its safe to say Morlun may be weaker when feeding.

That is true. It was bond villain stupidity not to kill Peter before feeding on MJ, but the plot needed to go on.

#43 Posted by laflux (16787 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean: I'd say tanking a nuke is a good showing of Penetrative and Blunt Trauma. Beyond that, its hard to say- since he is a villain of Spider-Man and hence is not really exposed to those types of damage.

Though the way I see, Wolverine can cut through anything and anybody. That includes Gladiator (which he has) Thanos (him too) and Thor (no prizes for guessing). Theoretically Logan could decap all of them. But would you put money on Logan winning in a H2H fight? All of them have additional powers on top of just being Bricks. I'm not comparing Morlun to any of these characters in terms of power, but he's faster than Spider-Man, and will be using power draining as well, on top of having enough strength to KO Him and actually break his skeleton if he take his feat from Black Panther at face value. Plus 616 Sabretooth is a jobber these days, although the OP looks like its given 1610 Sabretooth, which is an improvement though he is still <616 Logan IMO.

I must admit my opinion of Morlun may be slightly inflated since he is one of my favorite villains so I'll call in the resident Wolverine experts

@god_spawn

@super_soldierxii

#44 Posted by RisingBean (4306 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: So he actually tanked the nuke in full? I need to find an expletive. Excuse me.

I agree with you on the cutting high powered folks, but still losing due to their own output. For example, Thor had flesh wounds in the scans I saw, so obviously he can tank enough to smash Logan. But I was seeing Morlun being cut much like I would see most mid level villains without the benefit of PIS and maybe that is my problem.

Agreed that 1610 Sabertooth is the better Creed for this fight. I was thinking without the claws he would be a distraction at best. This version might be able to be useful.

#45 Posted by Strider92 (16721 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean: The main thing is he tanked the whole of Wakanda's defenses without a scratch on him:

Wakanda is the most advanced nation on Marvel earth and he shrugged their defenses of easily.

Here's the ripping adamantium feat:

While I don't think this means Morlun can break Logan's bones given that strength feat and how he lolstomped Spider-man twice he should me more than strong enough to KO Logan and more than fast enough to do it considering Wolverine can just about match Spider-man in speed and Morlun completely dominated Spider-man in it.

#46 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6465 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux:

Knowing a bit more about Morlun now, this is one of those fights that's difficult to call. On paper, we should all be screaming out Morlun stomps this! Maybe.

To lend an (admittedly exaggerated) example; it's like knowing a twelve inch adamantium clawed punch through Thor's face would, like, drop Thor ... wouldn't it? Though the mere idea of Wolverine taking Thor out in such a manner seems to border on ludicrous. But, like, in principle ... see where I'm going? Yes, yes, Thor can fly, fry Logan with a godblast or in any number of ways, toss Mjolnir and send Wolverine into space or wheresoever he chooses blah, blah, blah ... (I'm not saying there is a universe in which Wolverine would ever win, I'm am just saying, in a world where Wolverine actually lands a blow ... his damage output could potentially ... y'know what I mean?)

Point being, Wolverine's ability to soak damage and the type of damage output he can potentially dish out, make him a bad fight for those who seriously tower over him stat-wise (i.e. Hulk. A creature he should, based off stats, have no business going toe to toe with. Yet he does).

Morlun's principle damage output is blunt force. The adamantium laced ferals' bread and butter. That, and I think we need to see more damage soak from Morlun to judge how he'd deal with getting skewered by adamantium laced claws - but yeah, he is strong enough that he can clearly KO the two ferals. Regardless, I feel, more realistically, given Wolverine's skill and speed, and given Creed is there running interference, limbs should be getting hacked off before that occurs.

Given how we on Comic Vine are all jacked up about stats ... I almost feel a categorical imperative to say Morlun wins or be branded, once again, a Wolverine fanboy. So, well, whatever.

#47 Edited by Strider92 (16721 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii: I would also like to point out that Morlun walked through the Avengers tower and not one of the Avengers including Wolverine knew he was there despite the fact he walked in plain sight. The guy is either stupid fast or stupid stealthy:

A guy who can't be detected by either Stark Tech or Wolverine's sense of smell despite breaking into the Avengers tower is one scary S.O.B. If he really can move that silently and invisibly he could quite easily launch a surprise attack before the team knew what hit them.

#48 Edited by laflux (16787 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii:

Concerning Thor, that in my opinion is not so illogical in close quarters, as his combat speed feats are poor, unless we bring up some scans from 1960 whatever, around the same time he was Koed by a artillery shell, but I digress.

If Morlun had just the strength feats shown, I probably would have gone for the team. However the fact is that he can drain people powers by touch, and that he is faster than Logan in combat speed IMO- if he fights his best Spider-Man visibly struggles to tag him. This would cause problems for the ferals. Can Logan take a punch or four from Morlun? Most likely. Could he do the same while having his life force drained? That becomes more an issue. Someone is inevitably going to bring up Wolverine fighting in Omega's red's death spores, and I suppose that the comparison is fair, but then again Omega Red is alot weaker than Morlun.

Also the OP says that Sabretooth has Adamantuim claws, not skeleton for Creed, so his damage resistance is going to be alot lower than with Adamantuim.

I really wish Black Panther used Adamantuim tipped Nukes on Morlun as opposed to Vibranuim, as that would provide a definitive answer on whether he could take the Adamantuim claws or not.

Although looking more closely at the OP, it does say Morlun is playing around (Morlun doesn't have any morals, that's a mistake) , and Wolverine and Sabretooth has no morals. In that case, I think that if Logan or Creed goes for a headshot so to speak right off the bat, then they could end it- as there is no evidence to say Morlun can tank that, and more impressive characters would fail to endure such.

And I actually think that recently I've been called a Logan fanboy more than you in recent times. Don't know what to think about this.....................

#49 Posted by laflux (16787 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: I completely forgot about that scan lol

#50 Edited by Super_SoldierXII (6465 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii: I would also like to point out that Morlun walked through the Avengers tower and not one of the Avengers including Wolverine knew he was there despite the fact he walked in plain sight. The guy is either stupid fast or stupid stealthy:

A guy who can't be detected by either Stark Tech or Wolverine's sense of smell despite breaking into the Avengers tower is one scary S.O.B. If he really can move that silently and invisibly he could quite easily launch a surprise attack before the team knew what hit them.

Unless Morlun can go completely intangible, I call PIS. And even then ... Wolverine's sensed Kitty Pride while she was reduced to little more than ghost. The best telepaths on earth couldn't even register her presence. He did. Logan's also the only one to have sensed Onslaught's presence in the X-Mansion. A feat thought impossible and bordering on the supernatural. The list goes on.

I call bad writing on Wolverine being oblivious to Morlun's presence. Again, unless there is a power-set I'm unaware of to allow for it ...