#1 Edited by DarkScarecrow (356 posts) - - Show Bio

The fight takes place in Metropolis. Aquaman is fully hydrated. No prep. Morals off. Death ftw. Who wins?

#2 Edited by jashro44 (19812 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends if aquaman can bypass his durability before getting drained.

#3 Posted by laflux (14299 posts) - - Show Bio

Morlun

#4 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3247 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: I'm largely unaware of Morlun's durability feats. What can you tell me about his TP resistance, if any? Aquaman in this match up is practically bloodlusted and wielding a Skyfather-Class weapon at FULL hydration. This sounds like a curbstomp not including his combat skill and speed here. If i'm not mistaken, Morlun is a Spider-Man villian correct? Does he posses at least the brute force to withstand a blood lusted Aquaman seeking to sever his spinal column? Any info you could provide would be helpful.

#5 Posted by VeganDiet (985 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: This is from memory so I can't remember exact details. I'm sure Jashro can elaborate better, but here goes.

Morlun was able to completely no sell all of Spider-man's blows. (I know that doesn't really mean much in comparison to Aquaman, but I'm working my way up to his best stuff. Plus, even people with great durability haven't been able to no sell Spider-man like Morlun has.)

He was in the middle of a decent sized explosion that did nothing but burn his clothes and hair off.

He was able to take everything that the country of Wakanda could throw at him and wasn't affected at all. This included taking a nuke without any ill effects.

#6 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

If anything, Morlun appeared so powerful towards Spider-Man because he was part of that "mystical totem" thing which Morlun fed off of to retain his power and apparently bring balance. I could be wrong as the only appearances I've seen of Morlun are during Amazing Spider-Man where he hunted down Peter and nearly killed him the second time.

#7 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3247 posts) - - Show Bio

@vegandiet:

Gotcha. The fire and the Nuke are pretty good. What that tells me is that he's got a very good resistance to at least concussive force. What's his showing against telepathy at least 40% as strong as Aquaman's? Poseidon's Trident is composed of solid Adamantine, and has NEVER been bent, scratched, broken, or its blades dulled Pre or Post- Crisis on Infinite Earths. What's Morlun's durability against a mystical weapon on this level and/or piercing damage? Because until I get a little more info, I don't see any reason why Aquaman can't just decapitate Morlun with one fell swipe of his Trident at throat level or stab him hundreds of times, obliterating the sidewalk beneath him in the process.

#8 Posted by New_World_Order (12586 posts) - - Show Bio

Morlun.

Aquaman cannot put him down. Same can't be said vise varsa.

#9 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3247 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: I've done a little more research on Morlun. His resistance to blunt force is impressive. However, poisons have sucessfully killed him twice, and he appears to be vunerable to piercing damage evidenced by his being bitten by an animalistic Spider-Man. So my original questions resurface: If the organic fangs of "Other" Spider-Man got quickly past Morlun's durability, how would he prevent a similar outcome from the very inorganic and indestructible Poseidon's Trident wielded by a man whose at least 40 times as strong as Spider-Man's greatest strength feat (who also happens to be bloodlusted in this match up) ? What (if any) is Morlun's resistance to an all out telepathic assault? His bio states that he's got animal DNA all over/within his body, to me that makes him even more vunerable to Aquaman's telepathic powers in that while Aquaman is'nt limited to communicating with sea life, it's the absolute easiest life he can control. What's stopping a bloodlusted Aquaman from forcing Morlun to open his own head like a bear trap? Or impaling Morlun repeatedly, (obliterating the sidewalk beneath him in the process) with dozens or perhaps hundreds of Trident stabs while simultaeneously raining down Skyfather lightning with every strike?

#10 Posted by BlackWind (5602 posts) - - Show Bio

Which Aquaman is this?

#11 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5187 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: since when has the Trident been classified as " near sky father level"? Also New52 Aquaman TP is low level at best , he's never been shown to control land animals or being able to do more than "influence" sea animals.

Stalemate.

#12 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3247 posts) - - Show Bio

@wavemotioncannon:

I was unaware that the New 52 version was being used here. That does change things considerably as far as the telepathy is concerned. In the case of Greek Mythology, Zeus was given dominion over the sky and storm and was made Godhead of the Olympians while his brothers Poseidon and Hades took the seas and the underworld respectively. Poseidon forged his own Trident and imbuded it with a considerable portion of his power because he knew that while his nephew Hephaestus was an excellent forge, everything he built was given a weak spot so that it (the weapon in question) could'nt be later used against him. But as to your point about New 52 Aquaman, if he's fully hydrated he's going to hit scores harder than Spider-Man on steroids, maybe even decapitate Morlun with a razor sharp weapon far sharper and more durable than Spider-Man's "Other" fangs.

#13 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8423 posts) - - Show Bio

Do people know Aquaman doesn't need to be fully hydrated,since 80% of his stories is on dry land ?? High durability against blunt force?? If Orm was able to rip a bus in half with bare hands,what aquaman who is twice stronger than him will be able to do with Morlun?

Can Morlun survive to Aquaman ''I send Superman's flying'' punch??

#14 Posted by New_World_Order (12586 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3247 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath:

My man! I knew we'd end up on the same side of a debate if I waited long enough LOL! :)

#16 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8423 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#17 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11829 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-52 Aquaman stomps

Nu-52 Aquaman probably wins but I'm not sure about his speed compared to Morlun's....

#18 Edited by New_World_Order (12586 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath:

My man! I knew we'd end up on the same side of a debate if I waited long enough LOL! :)

Haha, yep ! :)

Pre-52 Aquaman stomps

Nu-52 Aquaman probably wins but I'm not sure about his speed compared to Morlun's....

I though New 52 Aquaman was superior to his past self?

#19 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3247 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: I though New 52 Aquaman was superior to his past self?

Not telepathically. Pre-Flashpoint, Aquaman was a true beast with his telepathic assaults.

#20 Posted by New_World_Order (12586 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: I though New 52 Aquaman was superior to his past self?

Not telepathically. Pre-Flashpoint, Aquaman was a true beast with his telepathic assaults.

I see.

#21 Edited by BlackWind (5602 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: Pre 42 Aquaman is still far faster, has way better telepathy, and years more experienced.

#22 Edited by New_World_Order (12586 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: Pre 42 Aquaman is still far faster, has way better telepathy, and years more experienced.

That is true.

#23 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11829 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind said:

That is true.

and he had the magic hand which made him at least twice as strong as new 52 Aquaman and gave him regeneration, precog, auto melee weapons, magic nullification, and complete control over water.....

#24 Posted by New_World_Order (12586 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath said:

@blackwind said:

That is true.

and he had the magic hand which made him at least twice as strong as new 52 Aquaman and gave him regeneration, precog, auto melee weapons, magic nullification, and complete control over water.....

That too.

#25 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3247 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: and he had the magic hand which made him at least twice as strong as new 52 Aquaman and gave him regeneration, precog, auto melee weapons, magic nullification, and complete control over water.....

Yeah, Waterbearer is WAYYY to much for this match-up. Just the magic nullification alone would deactivate Morlun's powers long enough for Aquaman to literally boil him alive with his own blood. Ewww.... Not to mention everything I've already stated involving his Trident. This ends badly for Morlun, who really should stay in his weight class if he wants to live to see another day.

#26 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11829 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Waterbearer is WAYYY to much for this match-up. Just the magic nullification alone would deactivate Morlun's powers long enough for Aquaman to literally boil him alive with his own blood. Ewww.... Not to mention everything I've already stated involving his Trident. This ends badly for Morlun, who really should stay in his weight class if he wants to live to see another day.

Agreed