- Morals off, who wins and why?

#2 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian: What? Thor vs Morgoth?

Know the facts before posting a battle like that. Morgoth wins in an uber stomp

#3 Posted by BigCimmerian (8697 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos said:

Really? I have a thread Sauron vs Odin and everyone agreed that even Thor could beat Sauron, I don't think that difference in power between Morgoth and Sauron is that great

#4 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian: It is, its HUGE..i reckon the Thunderer has a chance, he has better feats by a mile and fought stronger opposition.

#5 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

Morgoth for me.

#6 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

@kingkronos said:

Really? I have a thread Sauron vs Odin and everyone agreed that even Thor could beat Sauron, I don't think that difference in power between Morgoth and Sauron is that great

Then you just proved that you know nothing about Morgoth....... He is on different level from Sauron

Morgoth was second in power being only below God (Eru illuvatar)

Morgoth was the most powerful of the valar (a race of gods. Ex: Varda a valar can create entire constelations with ease and morgoth is much much more powerful than her)

Morgoth's warhammer (Grond) can shatter the earth.

Morgoth was said to escape the timeless viod (a dimension beyond reality and time) and was going to destroy the sun and moon, only on his way to earth...

Morgoth is truly immortal, if you kill him his essence will remain no matter what.......

So you tell me is this a battle?

#7 Posted by capfan80 (348 posts) - - Show Bio

Morgoth destroys Thor

#8 Posted by Shadow_Thief (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

To be fair, Morgoth's personal power varied. Towards the end of the First Age, he had diffused so much of it into his minions and the Earth itself that it limited his abilities (for example, his ability to shift forms). This limitation was severe enough that he had some trepidation about meeting Fingolfin (A Noldorin Elf) in personal combat. I'd still give him the edge, even at this point, but I think Thor would give a better showing than most people would think.

#9 Edited by BigCimmerian (8697 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos said:

@BigCimmerian said:

@kingkronos said:

Then you just proved that you know nothing about Morgoth....... He is on different level from Sauron

Morgoth was the most powerful of the valar (a race of gods. Ex: Varda a valar can create entire constelations with ease and morgoth is much much more powerful than her)

Morgoth was said to escape the timeless viod (a dimension beyond reality and time) and was going to destroy the sun and moon, only on his way to earth...

Morgoth is truly immortal, if you kill him his essence will remain no matter what.......

I admit that I know nothing about Morgoth, one of the reasons I created this thread was to learn something about him, what about Sauron at full power with the One Ring against Morgoth with Grond? And do you mean that he could shatter entire planet Earth? I guess I'll have to amp Thor to Rune King Thor level

#10 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

@kingkronos said:

@BigCimmerian said:

@kingkronos said:

I admit that I know nothing about Morgoth, one of the reasons I created this thread was to learn something about him, what about Sauron at full power with the One Ring against Morgoth with Grond? I guess I'll have to amp Thor to Rune King Thor

Still Sauron doesn't even get close to morgoth. RKT is on pars with odin or what? I know he was pretty powerful.

#11 Edited by BigCimmerian (8697 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos said:

@BigCimmerian said:

@kingkronos said:

@BigCimmerian said:

@kingkronos said:

I admit that I know nothing about Morgoth, one of the reasons I created this thread was to learn something about him, what about Sauron at full power with the One Ring against Morgoth with Grond? I guess I'll have to amp Thor to Rune King Thor

Still Sauron doesn't even get close to morgoth. RKT is on pars with odin or what? I know he was pretty powerful.

Rune King Thor is several times more powerful then Odin, he is nearly omniscient and is much wiser than Odin, he defeated race of gods which used Asgardians as toys

#12 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

@kingkronos said:

@BigCimmerian said:

@kingkronos said:

@BigCimmerian said:

@kingkronos said:

Rune King Thor is several times more powerful then Odin, he is nearly omniscient and is much wiser than Odin, he defeated race of gods which used Asgardians as toys

I would still say morgoth can pull it off. But I'm not sure...... It could easily go the other way in thor's favor.

#13 Posted by BigCimmerian (8697 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos said:

@BigCimmerian said:

@kingkronos said:

Do you mean crush entire planet Earth?

#14 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Rune Lord Thor.

#15 Posted by BigCimmerian (8697 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#16 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

Morgoth would be an interesting fight for the odinson, but Thor's feats just crap all over Melkor's. Even at his best, Morgoth was a mountain breaker, Thor is a mountain breaker at least and can go up to planetoid smasher, Galactus harmer, Winds of a thousand worlds unleasher, and planet sized snake lifter. Morgoth would put up a fight, but Thor would show him just how badly Mjolnir outclasses Grond.

#17 Posted by niBBit (718 posts) - - Show Bio

Morgoth being stronger than the Valar who can create constelations doesn't say anything. Creating and destroying are 2 very different things. It sounds very impressive and it is one of the reasons people are quick to praise a character who can do that but, their are lots of gods in fiction who where able to create stars and whatnot only to be beaten by a lesser being. Shenron from DBZ is able to restore planets yet he was killed of by Piccolo in DB as a example.

Morgoth destroying the Sun and Moon sounds impressive but is their more information as how he could have done it? Lets say Thor can't destroy Earth but can cause heavy damage to it, so Thor can destoy Earth over an period of time, is it been stated that Morgoth could oneshot the Sun?

How is Morgoths durability? He supposedly can shatter the Earth with his hammer but how well does he stack up against a blast that can nuke a planet, will he shrug it off like nothing or is it lights out for him. How is his speed, what kind of magical abilities does he possess to keep Thor down, does he have great combat exp.

Don't want to hate on the guy but there are plety of characters out their who can do these amzing things like creating planets and have magic arm braclets that can shatter the Earth, but that won't save you when you have zero strength feats, move like a slug and can't tank for shit against somebody like Thor.

#18 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (19535 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan: @niBBit:

Seriously. Will thor survive if he went against TOAA? All his feats are literally worth nothing here. Morgoth went against eru and was still well-to-do. You've to give him some credit.

This is like putting thor against an evil pre-retcon beyonder.

#19 Posted by niBBit (718 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceAragorn1: God is just a title. When Morgoth went up against Eru (God) what do you mean about *well-to-do* do you mean that Morgoth did well when he fought against Eru? If you mean that Morgoth fought against Eru then thats really silly because an omnipotent being has no equal, there is no such thing as God having a fight.

#20 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (19535 posts) - - Show Bio

@niBBit said:

@PrinceAragorn1: God is just a title. When Morgoth went up against Eru (God) what do you mean about *well-to-do* do you mean that Morgoth did well when he fought against Eru? If you mean that Morgoth fought against Eru then thats really silly because an omnipotent being has no equal, there is no such thing as God having a fight.

I agree. There is no such thing as God having a fight. But we're talking about something that went against the supreme power's wishes, corrupted his creations, hence opposing him directly, and he's being put against an asgardian? Isn't that retarded?

I would've thought ok if it was myth thor, as they'd have been on the same status, but putting a comic version isn't really a good idea.

And about that "God is a title", the difference is, "God is THE title." It's not like captain/commander or anything. I really don't remember except PR beyonder and 1/2 others pulling off what morgoth did..

#21 Posted by BigCimmerian (8697 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand how Morgoth beats Thor when Morgoth was badly hurt by mere elf.

#22 Posted by niBBit (718 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no such thing as going against the wishes against a SUPREME BEING, God(Eru) is omipotent, omniscient omni whatever there is no such thing as going against Gods wishes, if somebody managed that than the answer is very simple God (Eru) isn't a Supreme Being.

Comparing Morgoth and Beyonder can only been done if Morgoth did what the Beyonder did. Did Morgoth warp reality to such ridiculous degree in witch he killed a abstract/idea/fundament like killing Death, Beyonder had the power to destoy the Marvel Universe countless times over and beings such as the Living Tribunal being powerless to do anything against it. Has Morgoth destroyed entire galaxies/multiverses?

Morgoth (as i'm hearing it now) will lose against Thor based on FEATS, if we ignore feats than Morgoth wins because he stood up against God (how stupid that sounds) Maybe i'm not getting it or using some crappy logic because books are different than comics but i don't see how Morgoth could beat Thor.

#23 Edited by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

RKT. If Morgoth fought Eru, then Eru wouldn't be omnipotent, ergo we would have to look on their feats anyway. Shattering Earth puts Morogth on normal Thor's level. Now, what are his best feats?

#24 Posted by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough call. Morgoth was basically an angel that fell from Grace, directly created by God. He lost a great deal of his power and was only harmed by the strongest mystical beings in Middle Earth. I don't think Morgoth simply broke that ice capped mountain, I think he casually vaporized it. That line in the text "a mountain that wades in the sea, and has its head above the clouds, and is clad with ice and crowned with smoke and fire, and the light of the eyes of Melkor was like a flame that whithers with heat and pierces with a deadly cold."

I say Morgoth takes Thor unless he is amped somehow. No chance against Rune King Thor or similar versions. Morgoth would lose against Odin, thats for sure.