No Caption Provided

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Kingant27

@thejoeman: Dont expect to see a lot of hardcore Superman fans commenting anytime soon.

Obviously Drax busting a star, but Drax feat was years ago, and is feats get nowhere near as recognised as Superman; so Superman wins by fan votes/default alone.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejoeman: Obviously Drax busting a star, but Drax feat was years ago, and is feats get nowhere near as recognised as Superman; so superman wins by default.

Basically this.

Jmarshmallow

thejoeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thoughts feats are never forgotten

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By those_eyes

I thoughts feats are never forgotten

only on the vine my friend.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By tensor

Mini sun not impressive.Read the Drax scan.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drax's feat is monumentally more impressive, but his power levels have been re-written since then. He isn't close to being that powerful now.

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a battle

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejoeman: Wow they've really jobbed out Drax over the years. Suns are enormous so even a small one easily tops benching the Earth.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kingant27

@tensor: lol, are you serious? If that is an attempt to lowball, to an attempt regain Superman strength feat over Drax, then that is sad.

It stated a small glowing sun; our sun is a small glowing sun; yet it is 1 million times bigger tha. The Earth.

Superman's feat is nothing compared to Drax's; try again.

thejoeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By thejoeman

So we can agree that Drax back in the day can bench press Earth without breaking a sweat for 5 days?

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kingant27

@thejoeman: You shouldn't really use ABC logic here, however from the scan; obviously Drax is vastly stronger, but if Drax wasn't so focused on fighting Thanos, and actually bothered to lift it for 5 days, then yeah.

Otherwise why would he ever do that, when his feat far outweighs Superman's anyway?

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tensor

@kingant27: Look on the comic scan does the star look that big.We have all seeing mini sun in marvel before.The star is not as big as you think.The writer even said mini and from the looks of it is.

Unless there is a other scan showing a different angle that does not look like a big star.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pooty

@tensor said:

@kingant27: Look on the comic scan does the star look that big.We have all seeing mini sun in marvel before.The star is not as big as you think.The writer even said mini and from the looks of it is.

Unless there is a other scan showing a different angle that does not look like a big star.

Even if the mini sun is significantly smaller then our sun it is still many times bigger then earth

DeathUponAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: It doesn't look that big? Sir, ALL stars are very big, regardless if you think it "looks" big, or not.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kingant27

@tensor: Are you really trying to base your arguement, based on how big you think it looks; you do know not everything is drawn to scale.

It said small sun, stop trying to make it seem smaller, by saying mini; it never stated it there.

Your arguement is pathetic, your basing your point on your assumption/perception of the sun.

Our sun is considerd small, and if that sun is considered small, at the very least, it is the size of around our sun; which still is 1 million times bigger than the Earth.

This is not debatable, Drax's feat; dwarfs Superman's feat, by a long way.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tensor

@deathuponall: Why would the writer even use mini then look at the size of the thing does that look a planet to you.I am just saying.

You cannot use mini sun and then show a small picture of a small sun and then try to tell me that writer is trying to say planet size.

Why would he even say mini sun?

Why even draw it a small sun?

It is obvious from what was written and was said.That he meant mini

Do not even go there surfer has hold a mini sun in his hands.So you are saying that is the same size as our sun.Come on we all read marvel.

If it looks small and the writer show it and says it is small

It is small.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Kingant27

@pooty: Lol, I can't believe I am having to even debate it with him; Superman fans will try there best, lol.

To think our sun is considered small or average at best.

thejoeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: Lol, I can't believe I am having to even debate it with him; Superman fans will try there best, lol.

Don't you have Superman as your avatar?

DeathUponAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: Miniature stars still weigh octillions of tons, y'know.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WastelandMan

@tensor:

Stars HAVE to be at least a certain size to be considered a star. The smallest star possible is still thousands of times bigger in terms of mass than earth. Even if it was smaller than any star possible, it's mass and weight would likely still be in the same range we know possible for stars all of which are still immensely greater than Earth's.

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By UberHulk

#@tensor: I see you've changed 'small glowing sun' to mini sun because the jobbing is too great. Do you even know the difference between small and mini? Size seems to be a big weakness for you, especially for celestial bodies.

@pooty: Don't fall for his cheap tricks. It says small not mini.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By OrdinaryAlan

Damn. Didn't know Drax was so OP back in the day.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By tensor
No Caption Provided

@m_man: So I am guessing going by your calculation all stars weigh octillions of tons.I guess this way that much too.

thejoeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It could be that the Silver Surfer is just as strong as Drax.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kingant27

@tensor: To put your biased debate to an end:

The smallest known star works out to be 167,000 km. That’s 20% larger than Jupiter. You might be surprised to know that OGLE-TR-122b has 100 times the mass of Jupiter, but it’s only a little larger; that would still hugely dwarfs Superman's feat, even at your biggest lowball.

Another thing, you consider Superman and MMH lifting the ship which according to the picture was around the size between Uranus and Saturn, yet you have no proof that the size is the exact same of a planet that big, or the mass is; yet you still use it as a feat.

You do realise even the weight difference between a Sun of the Earth sized would still dwarf the Earth weight wise.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By WastelandMan

@tensor said:
No Caption Provided

@m_man: So I am guessing going by your calculation all stars weigh octillions of tons.I guess this way that much too.

I never said it weighed "octillions of tons" that was another user and yes the mass of that star is likely in the range of other stars we know. Do you even know what the nature of a star is? It NEEDS a certain mass to be a star. Just because something is shrunken doesn't mean it weighs less. If I somehow compressed a mountain to the size of a shoe do you think it'd weigh any less?

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Kingant27

@thejoeman: Becuase my icon is of Superman, it doesn't mean he is my favourite character, or that like other hardcore Superman fans; I will try to lowball other character to make Superman seem to supreme.

I don't have a favourite character, or a favourite universe between Dc and Marvel for the matter; I have been reading for a long time, and got into both of them as much as each other; unlike some other users, who's opinion and points are very biased or reflect there preference, which means they will represent a certain character better etc.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: So by your knowledge that mean silver surfer with his mini sun would be one of the strongest in marvel then.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man: So when Superman through a whole star system then when it was shrink down that mean the star system did not weigh less.Just saying this is your knowledge so you would agreed then.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By WastelandMan

@tensor said:

@m_man: So when Superman through a whole star system then when it was shrink down that mean the star system did not weigh less.Just saying this is your knowledge so you would agreed then.

When did this happen? Scans?

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: The Silver Surfer can physically amp himself, however he is not the type of character to usually do this; and don't go of topic, to draw attention from your biased and ludacris point/statements, which clearly reflect you defending Superman, than rather accepting a superior feat.

The scan stated small sun, not mini; which you tried you convince people of, to lowball his feat, in an attempt to put Superman over Drax.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: I am not drawing away from anything.

The writer said small,mini what ever you like the size is still not that of our sun.

Does it look like that to you? It does not from the scan.It is quite small as they say.

So how is that impressive it is not like a planet size.It shows a small sun.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Lucano

I am a hardcore Supes fan and I say Drax's feat is waaaaaay more impressive. Specially if we consider that destroying a small sun speaks volumes about Drax's hitting strenght during that time.

Avatar image for surfingthehighway
SurfingtheHighway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, Drax looked a lot like the Green Goblin back in the day...

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By tensor
No Caption Provided

@m_man: I bet you change what you are saying now.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mysticmedivh

@tensor said:

The writer said small,mini what ever you like the size is still not that of our sun.

Does it look like that to you? It does not from the scan.It is quite small as they say.

Regardless of size, it is still a star. If it wasn't then it would just be a dense area where gas, dust, and particles have been attracted into one singular location by gravity into a small protostar-like object. As a star, it has to have a certain minimum mass, otherwise it wouldn't be a star in the first place.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Kingant27

@tensor: You are lowballing, and trying to change the subject very clearly.

Small and mini are different, it's like saying huge and humongous are the same; it's a poor attempt to lowball his feat.

It's funny how careful you can be when showing Superman scans, but here it very clearly says small; and say mini to try and make his feat sound worse.

It doesn't matter if it is our sun or not:

A small sun would arguably be around our sized sun, so it doesn't matter; and even as shown above the smallest known star, still weighs 100 times more than Jupiter, so even at your best attempt to lowball about how big in your head the sun could appear, it's obvious that:

Even the smallest star known(100XJupiter)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jupiter>>>>>>>>>>Earth.

It is very impresive, I'm starting to wonder whether you are trolling or not; lol so Superman's feat is impresive, but Drax's isn't.

You need to go school again Sun>Planet; not the other way around.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor said:

A small sun is still bigger then our planet. The Silver Surfer scan is a mistake. it is not correct to call something that small a star. as others have said, in order to be considered a star it has to be a certain size.

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor said:

Feats like that are hard to measure. Maybe it had the same weight (unlikely), maybe not but in the context of this feat that's no relevant. This isn't a mini sun it's a small sun.

http://www.universetoday.com/46729/dwarf-star/

A dwarf star is a star that is not a giant or supergiant in other words, a dwarf star is a normal star! Of course, some dwarf stars are much smaller (less massive, have a smaller radius, etc) than normal (or main sequence, not really massive) stars and these have names, like white dwarf, red dwarf, brown dwarf, and black dwarf. Our very own Sol (the Sun) is a dwarf star a yellow dwarf.

Marvel had and have a very good grasp of physics, even dating back then. These were well read men. Superman's fortress of solitude key weighs half a million tons and is made from dwarf star material, thought it's from All Star Superman so no canon, point being however a small star is still much larger than Earth. Star are enormous. You seem to think small stars are the size of moons.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By tensor

@kingant27: Does the small sun size in silver surfer comic look like our size???

How am I low balling I am debating.

In the scan provide it does not show it to be on any large scale.That is a fact.

If it was I would say yes that is a impressive feat.

Your debate is to prove me wrong because of what was written and what is shown in the comic.

You are to show me where in the comic it is earth size that is all.