#1 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

Mordor at it's peak rips open a gate to the fourth age and spills into The Roman empire's borders.  The Roman empire too is at it's peak. 

#2 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Mordor would absolutely slaughter the Romans. They had more than just orcs, you know. Also they are backed by Sauron and the ring. Plus, the mere sight of the things they would be facing would probably drive some of the Romans insane.

#3 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

Sauron does have a knack for pulling orcs out of thin air/his arse.

#4 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep. They would vastly outnumber the Romans. That's how Sauron rolled. I think the orcs might have a slight edge in the weapons department as well.

#5 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Yep. They would vastly outnumber the Romans. That's how Sauron rolled. I think the orcs might have a slight edge in the weapons department as well."
In the tactical department, not so much.  They did rush head on to a line of soldiers obviously waiting to chop them down.
#6 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

It's true, orcs are not know for their strategic brilliance.

#7 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

I say the Kill-ratio is probably on the order of 100 orcs per one Legionarre, but Sauron has billions of orcs.  So he wouldn't give the slightest hint of a damn. 

#8 Posted by Triumphant (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

Mordor ftw

#9 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the real damage would be done by armored trolls and the like. They had massive siege engines as well. Also, the Naz'gul. Oh, and the the flies of Mordor, which were a lot more insidious than a swarm of locusts.

#10 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

And the Mumakills/Oilaphants, those things wiped out 99/100ths of the entire fighting population of Rohan.

#11 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, but technically they weren't from Mordor. If we're counting Sauron's allies everywhere, this is even worse than I thought.

#12 Posted by King Saturn (223798 posts) - - Show Bio
Mordor should win here
#13 Posted by Akwa (4821 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously Morder would win.

If it came down to a one on one basis, a Roman Legionarre probably has superior weaponry and armour than your average Mordor Orc as Orcs are not known for the quality of their smithing. Also, Rome would have the upper hand over the Orcs when it comes to things like tactics, intelligence and general hygiene.

However, it's not on a one on one basis. The Orcs would vastly outnumber the Romans. Not to mention, the trolls and the Ringwraiths. Those things would absolutely decimate the Roman Army. 

Another thing you have to look at is fortifications. Mordor almost destroyed Minas Tirith. The Romans had no fortresses that could equal Minas Tirith in power and defense.

In short, the Romans would have their A$$'s handed to them on a platter.

#14 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

Persia will get a good laugh before the Orcs beat them at their numbers game.  Then China falls, then Japan, then all of Africa, then the rest of Asia, then the entire old world is theres.

#15 Posted by Akwa (4821 posts) - - Show Bio

Now Mordor versus say the Modern United States. That would be different. The Orc's would be mown down by machine gun fire long before they ever reach enenmy lines. The Ringwraiths and the trolls likewise.

#16 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio
Akwa said:
"Now Mordor versus say the Modern United States. That would be different. The Orc's would be mown down by machine gun fire long before they ever reach enenmy lines. The Ringwraiths and the trolls likewise."
Until Sauron starts killing everyone since no one has a slicing weapon at hand.
#17 Posted by Akwa (4821 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"Akwa said:
"Now Mordor versus say the Modern United States. That would be different. The Orc's would be mown down by machine gun fire long before they ever reach enenmy lines. The Ringwraiths and the trolls likewise."
Until Sauron starts killing everyone since no one has a slicing weapon at hand.
"

Nuclear bomb explosion over Mordor. Completely vaporising Sauron would have the same effect as cutting his finger off wouldn't it?
#18 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio
Akwa said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"Akwa said:
"Now Mordor versus say the Modern United States. That would be different. The Orc's would be mown down by machine gun fire long before they ever reach enenmy lines. The Ringwraiths and the trolls likewise."
Until Sauron starts killing everyone since no one has a slicing weapon at hand.
"

Nuclear bomb explosion over Mordor. Completely vaporising Sauron would have the same effect as cutting his finger off wouldn't it?"
He is an angel.  >.>
#19 Edited by Braise (1284 posts) - - Show Bio
Akwa said:
"Obviously Morder would win.

If it came down to a one on one basis, a Roman Legionarre probably has superior weaponry and armour than your average Mordor Orc as Orcs are not known for the quality of their smithing. Also, Rome would have the upper hand over the Orcs when it comes to things like tactics, intelligence and general hygiene.

However, it's not on a one on one basis. The Orcs would vastly outnumber the Romans. Not to mention, the trolls and the Ringwraiths. Those things would absolutely decimate the Roman Army. 

Another thing you have to look at is fortifications. Mordor almost destroyed Minas Tirith. The Romans had no fortresses that could equal Minas Tirith in power and defense.

In short, the Romans would have their A$$'s handed to them on a platter."
Yup, pretty much agree with this. Though I'd love to see the Orcs  pee their pants; the Romans were absolutely brutal and savage in battle, and much more so off of the field. They'd probably torture the captured Orc commanders into spilling out the weaknesses of the Mordor infantry, find out the greatest pain-centers of Orc anatomy, crucify hundreds and leave their beheaded bodies for the invading Orc armies to stumble upon. A more even match would be the Mongols at their peak vs Mordor. Mongolian Horde left about 30 to 60 million dead.
#20 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

The Romans would be the ones peeing their pants. Imagine Roman soldiers trying to face down an armored troll. It's much more likely that the Naz'gul will capture any and all key Roman figures and have them tortured by orcs.

#21 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"The Romans would be the ones peeing their pants. Imagine Roman soldiers trying to face down an armored troll. It's much more likely that the Naz'gul will capture any and all key Roman figures and have them tortured by orcs."
they would simply shoot it with a ballista.
#22 Edited by Braise (1284 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"The Romans would be the ones peeing their pants. Imagine Roman soldiers trying to face down an armored troll. It's much more likely that the Naz'gul will capture any and all key Roman figures and have them tortured by orcs."

The Orcs have never faced a foe nearly as monstrous as the Romans. Heck, I'd say their level of sadistic cruelty rivals that of the Orcs. They'd probably get owned by the overwhelming numbers of the Orcs, but the Roman's have faced superior forces (e.g. vastly overwhelming Barbarians in the north) and dealt a crap-load of damage. They also had a penchant to adapt to most scenarios and, flexible organization and past experiences provided them an edge. In the end, the numbers game would take effect (like it did in real life), but I'd say the Romans would go down bravely, bowels intact and all.
#23 Edited by Lunacyde (17842 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I find it hard to compare forces or characters when one is real and one is fictional.

But obviously i am going with the forces of Mordor here.

#24 Posted by Kataklysmo (859 posts) - - Show Bio

Sauron unleashes his meat fodder: the orcs. Thousands upon thousands are unleashed into the Roman armies and her counquered and unconquered allies.
The Roman Alliance is holding excellent against the orcs, suffering little casualties. The Romans then march foward in triangle formation, cutting down all until they reach the arriving trolls. Though few they are, the trolls unleash heavy damage to the Roman Alliance until heavy cavalry and archery force them down.  The Romans win the first battle, capturing a near dead troll and various orcs. The Romans learn from their enemies and their anatomy. They then plan a coordinated attack on Mordor, eventually uniting almost all the nations they can find in the world for this massive attack.
Truces are held, Men are blessed, children and wives weep as the Final Day of Judgement comes. Short skirmishes these united nations do against the invaders and they learn. Sauron is getting pissed off like hell. Then it comes...

Many millions upon million of the Earth alliance (maybe hundreds of millions, I dunno) march slowly, easily dealing with the orcs and goblins till they face the more advanced Uruk-Hai.
Meanwhile, an indredibly large force of Holy Warriors break into Sauron's hold. Sauron does battle with them but they call in for reinforcements, there numbers and will put him into the fires below.

And so it ends....or has it?

#25 Posted by Braise (1284 posts) - - Show Bio
Kataklysmo said:
"

Sauron unleashes his meat fodder: the orcs. Thousands upon thousands are unleashed into the Roman armies and her counquered and unconquered allies.
The Roman Alliance is holding excellent against the orcs, suffering little casualties. The Romans then march foward in triangle formation, cutting down all until they reach the arriving trolls. Though few they are, the trolls unleash heavy damage to the Roman Alliance until heavy cavalry and archery force them down.  The Romans win the first battle, capturing a near dead troll and various orcs. The Romans learn from their enemies and their anatomy. They then plan a coordinated attack on Mordor, eventually uniting almost all the nations they can find in the world for this massive attack.
Truces are held, Men are blessed, children and wives weep as the Final Day of Judgement comes. Short skirmishes these united nations do against the invaders and they learn. Sauron is getting pissed off like hell. Then it comes...

Many millions upon million of the Earth alliance (maybe hundreds of millions, I dunno) march slowly, easily dealing with the orcs and goblins till they face the more advanced Uruk-Hai.
Meanwhile, an indredibly large force of Holy Warriors break into Sauron's hold. Sauron does battle with them but they call in for reinforcements, there numbers and will put him into the fires below.

And so it ends....or has it?

"
Kataklysmo, that was poetic. If you ever publish this, I'll happily give you my $20.
#26 Posted by Lunacyde (17842 posts) - - Show Bio
Kataklysmo said:
"

Sauron unleashes his meat fodder: the orcs. Thousands upon thousands are unleashed into the Roman armies and her counquered and unconquered allies.
The Roman Alliance is holding excellent against the orcs, suffering little casualties. The Romans then march foward in triangle formation, cutting down all until they reach the arriving trolls. Though few they are, the trolls unleash heavy damage to the Roman Alliance until heavy cavalry and archery force them down.  The Romans win the first battle, capturing a near dead troll and various orcs. The Romans learn from their enemies and their anatomy. They then plan a coordinated attack on Mordor, eventually uniting almost all the nations they can find in the world for this massive attack.
Truces are held, Men are blessed, children and wives weep as the Final Day of Judgement comes. Short skirmishes these united nations do against the invaders and they learn. Sauron is getting pissed off like hell. Then it comes...

Many millions upon million of the Earth alliance (maybe hundreds of millions, I dunno) march slowly, easily dealing with the orcs and goblins till they face the more advanced Uruk-Hai.
Meanwhile, an indredibly large force of Holy Warriors break into Sauron's hold. Sauron does battle with them but they call in for reinforcements, there numbers and will put him into the fires below.

And so it ends....or has it?

"
Pretty....but historically innaccurate....
#27 Posted by Akwa (4821 posts) - - Show Bio
Lunacyde said:
"Kataklysmo said:
"

Sauron unleashes his meat fodder: the orcs. Thousands upon thousands are unleashed into the Roman armies and her counquered and unconquered allies.
The Roman Alliance is holding excellent against the orcs, suffering little casualties. The Romans then march foward in triangle formation, cutting down all until they reach the arriving trolls. Though few they are, the trolls unleash heavy damage to the Roman Alliance until heavy cavalry and archery force them down.  The Romans win the first battle, capturing a near dead troll and various orcs. The Romans learn from their enemies and their anatomy. They then plan a coordinated attack on Mordor, eventually uniting almost all the nations they can find in the world for this massive attack.
Truces are held, Men are blessed, children and wives weep as the Final Day of Judgement comes. Short skirmishes these united nations do against the invaders and they learn. Sauron is getting pissed off like hell. Then it comes...

Many millions upon million of the Earth alliance (maybe hundreds of millions, I dunno) march slowly, easily dealing with the orcs and goblins till they face the more advanced Uruk-Hai.
Meanwhile, an indredibly large force of Holy Warriors break into Sauron's hold. Sauron does battle with them but they call in for reinforcements, there numbers and will put him into the fires below.

And so it ends....or has it?

"
Pretty....but historically innaccurate....
"
Of course it's historically inaccurate. We're talking about Roman's fighting Orcs here.
#28 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

Mordor no doubt

#29 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio
Braise said:
"Akwa said:
"Obviously Morder would win.

If it came down to a one on one basis, a Roman Legionarre probably has superior weaponry and armour than your average Mordor Orc as Orcs are not known for the quality of their smithing. Also, Rome would have the upper hand over the Orcs when it comes to things like tactics, intelligence and general hygiene.

However, it's not on a one on one basis. The Orcs would vastly outnumber the Romans. Not to mention, the trolls and the Ringwraiths. Those things would absolutely decimate the Roman Army. 

Another thing you have to look at is fortifications. Mordor almost destroyed Minas Tirith. The Romans had no fortresses that could equal Minas Tirith in power and defense.

In short, the Romans would have their A$$'s handed to them on a platter."
Yup, pretty much agree with this. Though I'd love to see the Orcs  pee their pants; the Romans were absolutely brutal and savage in battle, and much more so off of the field. They'd probably torture the captured Orc commanders into spilling out the weaknesses of the Mordor infantry, find out the greatest pain-centers of Orc anatomy, crucify hundreds and leave their beheaded bodies for the invading Orc armies to stumble upon. A more even match would be the Mongols at their peak vs Mordor. Mongolian Horde left about 30 to 60 million dead.
"
If elves are a dying race and orcs tend to be made from elves, how does sauron get so many billions of Orcs?
#30 Posted by Akwa (4821 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"Braise said:
"Akwa said:
"Obviously Morder would win.

If it came down to a one on one basis, a Roman Legionarre probably has superior weaponry and armour than your average Mordor Orc as Orcs are not known for the quality of their smithing. Also, Rome would have the upper hand over the Orcs when it comes to things like tactics, intelligence and general hygiene.

However, it's not on a one on one basis. The Orcs would vastly outnumber the Romans. Not to mention, the trolls and the Ringwraiths. Those things would absolutely decimate the Roman Army. 

Another thing you have to look at is fortifications. Mordor almost destroyed Minas Tirith. The Romans had no fortresses that could equal Minas Tirith in power and defense.

In short, the Romans would have their A$$'s handed to them on a platter."
Yup, pretty much agree with this. Though I'd love to see the Orcs  pee their pants; the Romans were absolutely brutal and savage in battle, and much more so off of the field. They'd probably torture the captured Orc commanders into spilling out the weaknesses of the Mordor infantry, find out the greatest pain-centers of Orc anatomy, crucify hundreds and leave their beheaded bodies for the invading Orc armies to stumble upon. A more even match would be the Mongols at their peak vs Mordor. Mongolian Horde left about 30 to 60 million dead.
"
If elves are a dying race and orcs tend to be made from elves, how does sauron get so many billions of Orcs?
"
Presumably they bred. Or maybe not. Maybe Sauron was able to create so many using the power of sheer awesomness alone.
#31 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

Or maybe they come out of the dirt.

#32 Edited by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"Braise said:
"Akwa said:
"Obviously Morder would win.

If it came down to a one on one basis, a Roman Legionarre probably has superior weaponry and armour than your average Mordor Orc as Orcs are not known for the quality of their smithing. Also, Rome would have the upper hand over the Orcs when it comes to things like tactics, intelligence and general hygiene.

However, it's not on a one on one basis. The Orcs would vastly outnumber the Romans. Not to mention, the trolls and the Ringwraiths. Those things would absolutely decimate the Roman Army. 

Another thing you have to look at is fortifications. Mordor almost destroyed Minas Tirith. The Romans had no fortresses that could equal Minas Tirith in power and defense.

In short, the Romans would have their A$$'s handed to them on a platter."
Yup, pretty much agree with this. Though I'd love to see the Orcs  pee their pants; the Romans were absolutely brutal and savage in battle, and much more so off of the field. They'd probably torture the captured Orc commanders into spilling out the weaknesses of the Mordor infantry, find out the greatest pain-centers of Orc anatomy, crucify hundreds and leave their beheaded bodies for the invading Orc armies to stumble upon. A more even match would be the Mongols at their peak vs Mordor. Mongolian Horde left about 30 to 60 million dead.
"
If elves are a dying race and orcs tend to be made from elves, how does sauron get so many billions of Orcs?
"

no those aren't orcs your talking about those are Uruk-hai
#33 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio
Nahero said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"Braise said:
"Akwa said:
"Obviously Morder would win.

If it came down to a one on one basis, a Roman Legionarre probably has superior weaponry and armour than your average Mordor Orc as Orcs are not known for the quality of their smithing. Also, Rome would have the upper hand over the Orcs when it comes to things like tactics, intelligence and general hygiene.

However, it's not on a one on one basis. The Orcs would vastly outnumber the Romans. Not to mention, the trolls and the Ringwraiths. Those things would absolutely decimate the Roman Army. 

Another thing you have to look at is fortifications. Mordor almost destroyed Minas Tirith. The Romans had no fortresses that could equal Minas Tirith in power and defense.

In short, the Romans would have their A$$'s handed to them on a platter."
Yup, pretty much agree with this. Though I'd love to see the Orcs  pee their pants; the Romans were absolutely brutal and savage in battle, and much more so off of the field. They'd probably torture the captured Orc commanders into spilling out the weaknesses of the Mordor infantry, find out the greatest pain-centers of Orc anatomy, crucify hundreds and leave their beheaded bodies for the invading Orc armies to stumble upon. A more even match would be the Mongols at their peak vs Mordor. Mongolian Horde left about 30 to 60 million dead.
"
If elves are a dying race and orcs tend to be made from elves, how does sauron get so many billions of Orcs?
"

no those aren't orcs your talking about those are Uruk-hai"
Uruk-hai are a mix of Men and Orcs.  Read the books.
#34 Posted by Kataklysmo (859 posts) - - Show Bio
I've never had the time to read any LOTR books but how are the elves a dying race?
And why do we barely see any magic users except for Gandalf in the LOTR films? Except for Aragorn's lover but
Aren't elves naturally adept at magic?
#35 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio
Kataklysmo said:
"I've never had the time to read any LOTR books but how are the elves a dying race?
And why do we barely see any magic users except for Gandalf in the LOTR films? Except for Aragorn's lover but
Aren't elves naturally adept at magic?
"
The elves on middle earth have dwindling in number for two reasons, they grow up very slowly which means many of them die before reaching adult hood, and many of them are leaving to Valinor, and more still die in combat.  All of this overpowers the elven birth rate and would have caused a total extinction of all elves on the continent of Endor within a few thousand years. 
#36 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
Kataklysmo said:
"I've never had the time to read any LOTR books but how are the elves a dying race?
And why do we barely see any magic users except for Gandalf in the LOTR films? Except for Aragorn's lover but
Aren't elves naturally adept at magic?
"
Magic in LOTR is different than magic in normal fantasy universes of today. It is more along the lines of what ancient people and mythologies considered magic, rather than flashy, fireballs, teleportation, lightning strikes and so on... LOTR has a subtler form of magic, like great craftmanship and allegiance of natural spirits. You'd really have to read the books see it.

The Elves are dying because they have nearly all left to the lands of the Valar by the events of LOTR. Apart from Rivendall, Lorien and mirkwood, there aren't any elven strongholds left in middle Earth.
#37 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

Also Magic in LOTR is much harder to get than it is in other fantasy universes, First off unlike many fantasy settings where having a dragon in your family tree grants you the usage of magic, or simple study, LOTR magic takes extreme discipline to even learn.  And as it's not that powerful it's usually not considered to be worth it by most, of all the kingdoms in lord of the rings, only Angmar has enough skill with the Arcane to be what is usually considered magic.  After all BFME II ROTWK Is fully canon.  And they actually have an entire Corps devoted to magical artillery.  The Witch King Himself has greater skill in the magical arts than many Ainur and any mortal. 

#38 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"After all BFME II ROTWK Is fully canon.  And they actually have an entire Corps devoted to magical artillery. 
"
Seriously??? The games are canon?
#39 Posted by Vance Astro (91106 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing can beat Rome.They keep popping up even though their empire was destroyed centuries ago.

Moderator
#40 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"After all BFME II ROTWK Is fully canon.  And they actually have an entire Corps devoted to magical artillery. 
"
Seriously??? The games are canon?
"
Yes, approved by tolkien estate. 
#41 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
Braise said:
"The Orcs have never faced a foe nearly as monstrous as the Romans. Heck, I'd say their level of sadistic cruelty rivals that of the Orcs. They'd probably get owned by the overwhelming numbers of the Orcs, but the Roman's have faced superior forces (e.g. vastly overwhelming Barbarians in the north) and dealt a crap-load of damage. They also had a penchant to adapt to most scenarios and, flexible organization and past experiences provided them an edge. In the end, the numbers game would take effect (like it did in real life), but I'd say the Romans would go down bravely, bowels intact and all."
The forces of Rohan and Gondor were at least as advanced as the Romans, probably more advanced. The Romans come nowhere close to rivaling the savagery of orcs. That's just inane. They would get overwhelmed and then some. What force did the Romans ever face that had a leader to compare with Sauron, or even the Witch King of Angmar (or any of the Naz'gul)? None. Good luck adapting to a scenario that involves evil on a scale you can't even imagine and forces that include orcs three times as strong as the finest Roman soldier. The Romans would go down soiling themselves and screaming like little girls.

The Witch King can also not be killed by any mortal man. People are vastly overestimating the Romans here. A lot of people don't seem to have read the books either. This would be a complete blow-out. LMAO at the Roman army storming the Black Gates and expecting anything other than total annihilation.


#42 Posted by Lunacyde (17842 posts) - - Show Bio
Akwa said:
"Lunacyde said:
"Kataklysmo said:
"

Sauron unleashes his meat fodder: the orcs. Thousands upon thousands are unleashed into the Roman armies and her counquered and unconquered allies.
The Roman Alliance is holding excellent against the orcs, suffering little casualties. The Romans then march foward in triangle formation, cutting down all until they reach the arriving trolls. Though few they are, the trolls unleash heavy damage to the Roman Alliance until heavy cavalry and archery force them down.  The Romans win the first battle, capturing a near dead troll and various orcs. The Romans learn from their enemies and their anatomy. They then plan a coordinated attack on Mordor, eventually uniting almost all the nations they can find in the world for this massive attack.
Truces are held, Men are blessed, children and wives weep as the Final Day of Judgement comes. Short skirmishes these united nations do against the invaders and they learn. Sauron is getting pissed off like hell. Then it comes...

Many millions upon million of the Earth alliance (maybe hundreds of millions, I dunno) march slowly, easily dealing with the orcs and goblins till they face the more advanced Uruk-Hai.
Meanwhile, an indredibly large force of Holy Warriors break into Sauron's hold. Sauron does battle with them but they call in for reinforcements, there numbers and will put him into the fires below.

And so it ends....or has it?

"
Pretty....but historically innaccurate....
"
Of course it's historically inaccurate. We're talking about Roman's fighting Orcs here.
"
Well thats not what I meant. WHat I meant here is that the Romans don't have nearly the numbers depicted here. There is no way the entire Roman Empire during its heights population was in the hundreds of millions, and thats including women and children and slaves. Only men of certain class could be Roman soldiers.  Rome itself's population at that time was estimated to be between 450,000 and 2 million people and only a small fraction of them were able ot serve in the army. As for Uniting other nations of the world....thatd be no short order in itself many of them were not exactly fans of the Romans, plus most of these countries are nowhere near the Romans in battle capability. Besides forming such an alliance against a previously unknown force would certainly take qquite a bit of time, meanwhile Orcs are just going to be pouring into the Roman borders.
#43 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"AtPhantom said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"After all BFME II ROTWK Is fully canon.  And they actually have an entire Corps devoted to magical artillery. 
"
Seriously??? The games are canon?
"
Yes, approved by tolkien estate. 
"
Damn you Tolkien-spawns, you know better than that.
#44 Edited by Lunacyde (17842 posts) - - Show Bio

Besides at its greatest size in history the Roman Army was 70 Legions strong. A legion is 6,000 men. 70 x 6,000 = 420,000 soldiers is the most that they ever had. Also take into account that most legions were undermanned at one time or another and its even less..
ANd that is at it's absolute peak.....it usually consisted of more like 25-30 Legions. And unless the Romans were already at war (which would put them at a disadvantage already) they wouldnt have 70 legions ready, because they had far less legions in times of peace and they would need to mobilize a large number of troops very quickly to even possible deal with the threat.

#45 Posted by Lunacyde (17842 posts) - - Show Bio

this is too interesting to let die.......bump

#46 Posted by Kataklysmo (859 posts) - - Show Bio
Then we have to keep this going.....


Forever
#47 Posted by Lunacyde (17842 posts) - - Show Bio

Ohh well i was waiting for a rebuttal.

#48 Posted by Lunacyde (17842 posts) - - Show Bio

Ohh well i was waiting for a rebuttal.

#49 Posted by Kataklysmo (859 posts) - - Show Bio

Ohh well i was waiting for a rebuttal.

#50 Posted by Kataklysmo (859 posts) - - Show Bio

Ohh well i was waiting for a rebuttal.