• Pre-Cornel Wolverine
  • Morals Off for Logan, Morals On for any Spider
  • Standard Gear for all

Round 1: Silk

Round 2: Miles Morales

Round 3: Ultimate Spiderman

Round 4: Scarlet Spider (Ben)

Round 5: Spider-Man 2099

Final Round: 2x Wolverine vs Kaine and Spiderman (Both Wolverines are Pre-Cornel and Morals OFF)

Bonus Round: 10 Angry Wolverines (Pre-Cornel) vs 5 Bloodlusted Spidermans (Just to rustle some jimmies)

No Caption Provided
GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

Nope, not even participating in this one.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

It's ComicVine law that Wolverine can't beat any spider-related character.

This is silly.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

You actually did it...lol...

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

This is silly.

Oh boy... you dun it now. And so it begins.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08@laflux I apologize in advance :) I think i made this extremely fair in all seriousness

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell is gonna break loose

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we take Peter's statements as being true, he doesn't even clear round 1. How embarrassing...............

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength said:

This is silly.

Oh boy... you dun it now. And so it begins.

No Caption Provided

OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OreoAssassin
No Caption Provided

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08:

@laflux said:

If we take Peter's statements as being true, he doesn't even clear round 1. How embarrassing...............

:)

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Hehe.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By comicace3
those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wolverine clears.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@wolverine08:

@laflux said:

:)

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jmarshmallow
laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By laflux
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oreoassassin: Depending on how this goes, we may all need to evacuate to the nearest bomb shelter for a couple of days.

Jmarshmallow

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

INB4 Chaos

No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has gone much better than the usual at least.

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clears easily

*hides*

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jashro44

@jmarshmallow: I actually think he can stop at 1. He would probably beat 2 and 3 though. Loses to Ben. Clan go either way with Miguel from what I've seen.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably stops at Silk

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@jashro44: How are Silk's stats compared to Peter's? I haven't read the new Amazing Spider-Man series yet, so I don't know too much about her. All I know is that she's faster than Peter.

OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By OreoAssassin
laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

devinwifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stops at final, he cant beat peter

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: @dondave: Cant tell if you guys are serious lol

I'm serious. The only thing which really makes Silk not a worst match for wolverine than spider-man is her lack of experience. But even with her limited feats she's honestly been pretty impressive.

So far she seems to be fairly competent unlike Miles. Peter already admitted Silks faster than her, and she proved this further when she managed to outrun him when they were web swinging and he had to use spider-sense to track her. She's already snagged Peter with her webbing so I don't see why she can't tag wolverine. She seems pretty skilled with the use of her webbing considering she used her webbing to create her costume. Her webbing is organic so she won't have to worry about running out. She may not be as strong as Peter but blunt force isn't the best tactic against wolverine anyways and she's probably stronger than wolverine by a considerable margin.

The only thing wolverine has going for him is experience and maybe the fact that he's a scary guy (I'm not even joking, in his graveyard fight with Peter, Peter commented that he was clumsy, and that seemed to be because of his fear of wolverine). All though the key word is maybe because Silk doesn't exactly seem easily intimidated.

She may only have like 3-4 feats but the 3-4 feats she does have are actually very impressive. I think its enough to beat wolverine. She may not be as good as Peter yet but she's good enough IMHO.

@jashro44: How are Silk's stats compared to Peter's? I haven't read the new Amazing Spider-Man series yet, so I don't know too much about her. All I know is that she's faster than Peter.

She has organic webbing, which Peter commented is like having a fish hook in you back when she shot him in the back with webbing.

And according to Peter based on their skirmish she's faster and has a better spider-sense, all though Peter seems to be stronger. When Peter tried to catch her from web swinging he ended up losing her so shes definitely faster. All though its worth noting in there skirmish (it wasn't anything too serious and Peter wasn't going full out or anything) Peter was able to keep up with her. All though that is likely due to way of the spider I am guessing (keep in mind its main purpose was to help Peter fight other people with spider powers). She's also dodged electros lightning at close range as well.

For a character with few feats I actually think she is useable in battle threads.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

Why is it a ComicVine law that Logan can't beat any of the Spider characters? And what kind of law is this? Just asking

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@jmarshmallow: I actually think he can stop at 1. He would probably beat 2 and 3 though. Loses to Ben. Clan go either way with Miguel from what I've seen.

Morals off Wolverine does not lose to Ben.

That is all.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

That is all.

Care to expand on that?

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@super_soldierxii said:

@jashro44 said:

That is all.

Care to expand on that?

Sure.

SNIKT.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By laflux

@super_soldierxii:

Thwip :3

I didn't really follow Ben Reilly's run TBH, so I'm not as aware of what he can do to the extent of other Spiders. I was under the impression that he was largely Peter's equal during the Clone Saga with impact webbing and a cool makeshift costume as major differences. I always assumed that would be enough to Incap Wolverine- but please feel free to try and change my mind :P

lukas12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

That is all.

Why not? Ben is stat wise equal to Peter and he's been able to incapacitate venom Eddie brock. I would argue venom is harder to web up than wolverine since Ben had to shove his web shooter down the alien costume and web brock up directly.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@super_soldierxii said:

@jashro44 said:

That is all.

Why not? Ben is stat wise equal to Peter and he's been able to incapacitate venom Eddie brock. I would argue venom is harder to web up than wolverine since Ben had to shove his web shooter down the alien costume and web brock up directly.

Ben isn't equal to Peter. I seem to recall you showing scans of Peter stomping him. What you describe makes it seem like web incapping Eddie required being close up, which isn't ideal for fighting Logan.

He might stop at Silk from what you've said, he handily beats Miles and Ult. Peter. If 2099 has ever fought someone as skilled as him I don't know it, but he stops at the final round.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

what statement?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

what statement?

He said Silk is faster than he is, with a better Spider-Sense. On top of the fact that she has organic webbing, I see no reason why she doesn't just web the old knuckle-head up.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@super_soldierxii said:

@jashro44 said:

That is all.

Because starting distance and because not pulling punches.

The end.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By laflux

@super_soldierxii: By that logic, he beats Peter as well >:) .

Edit. By that Logic he would beat Peter without any amps, training and gear he has obtained since Disassembled. Ben Reilly is pretty much identical to 1990's Peter and OMD/BND Peter. I don't really see why Wolverine, even with Bloodlust would beat a "standard" Peter who has assess to webbing, and that arguement extends to Ben.

@highaccuser I only recall Ben being stomped by Peter when the latter was bloodlusted and he was morals on. The other time I can remember them fighting was during the 70's, when he was first introduced by Jackal, and they fought pretty evenly. He also beat Venom (though I questioned the validity of the feat), something that Peter has struggled immensely to do. They may be some inferiority, but I do not think its anything like Peter and say Bloodspider (Who Peter did stomp)

If anything with Ben's Reilly's impact webbing, any slight inferiority to Peter should be rounded out as it makes incapacitation easier.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben isn't equal to Peter. I seem to recall you showing scans of Peter stomping him. What you describe makes it seem like web incapping Eddie required being close up, which isn't ideal for fighting Logan.

He might stop at Silk from what you've said, he handily beats Miles and Ult. Peter. If 2099 has ever fought someone as skilled as him I don't know it, but he stops at the final round.

I meant physically. The only thing that isn't really interchangeable between them are combat feats. And all though this is true Peter did beat Ben, Ben has also stalemated Peter (granted this was an older showing admittedly so Peter wasn't as experienced). All though yea I do believe Peter is better than Ben.

All though Ben was able to beat Eddie brock through tactics despite being physically outclassed. Neither Peter or Ben are capable of hurting Eddie. Granted to be fair Ben had access to spider-sense so theres that but its still pretty impressive.

Also impact webbing should help close the experience gap in a fight with wolverine IMO. Logan has no chance of cutting it out of the way because it will expand all over his body when it makes contact.

Because starting distance and because not pulling punches.

The end.

Ben can gain distance by punching wolverine. Logan only weighs 300 pounds or so.

@laflux said:

@christianrapper said:

@laflux said:

what statement?

He said Silk is faster than he is, with a better Spider-Sense. On top of the fact that she has organic webbing, I see no reason why she doesn't just web the old knuckle-head up.

The part about her being faster has already been proven. Peter already lost track of her while web swinging and needed to use spider-sense to find her again.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

I meant physically. The only thing that isn't really interchangeable between them are combat feats. And all though this is true Peter did beat Ben, Ben has also stalemated Peter (granted this was an older showing admittedly so Peter wasn't as experienced). All though yea I do believe Peter is better than Ben.

Maybe, but Peter would still be a lot more experienced and likely better at using the spider-sense, so Logans disadvantages against Peter are a lot less relevant here.

All though Ben was able to beat Eddie brock through tactics despite being physically outclassed. Neither Peter or Ben are capable of hurting Eddie. Granted to be fair Ben had access to spider-sense so theres that but its still pretty impressive.

Impressive, but Eddie isn't really similar to Logan. He doesn't have his HF, skill, or one-shot abilities. They generally aren't comparable foes.

Also impact webbing should help close the experience gap in a fight with wolverine IMO. Logan has no chance of cutting it out of the way because it will expand all over his body when it makes contact.

What if Logan chooses to just dodge it instead? Of course that isn't what he did to Kaine's webbing so I'm not sure...how far does the webbing expand on contact? It seems like Logan could just cut it off him once he's incapped if he can move his arms.

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By laflux

@highaccuser said:

Impressive, but Eddie isn't really similar to Logan. He doesn't have his HF, skill, or one-shot abilities. They generally aren't comparable foes.

They share some. Not only do Symbiote users have strong healing factors, Eddie is pretty much a damage soaker to Peter and Eddie, who can't get through his resistance to blunt tramua. Wolverine, because of his healing factor and Metal skeleton is very similiar. Yes Wolverine is more skilled, but he's also slower. Venom has been described both by Peter and Ben Reilly as being as fast as they are, so in terms of getting combat speed/getting hits in its a wash. I guess one could give a slight edge to Wolverine because Brock likes to Tank hits from Peter/Ben and play around a bit in character. Also Ben Reilly has been incapacitated by Brock in one shot before (he clawed Ben on his stomach), and Brock would have killed him if it wasn't for the intervention of Bloodscream. Heck, he's even beaten Peter with a single Tendril in one move. So the ability to one shot is all there.

Also Venom has the added perks of Versatility ( webbing, greater strength, agility etc). So if anything, Ben beating Venom is more impressive than the concept of him beating Wolverine.

What if Logan chooses to just dodge it instead? Of course that isn't what he did to Kaine's webbing so I'm not sure...how far does the webbing expand on contact? It seems like Logan could just cut it off him once he's incapped if he can move his arms.

Easier said then done. Also Impact webbing works by rapidly exposing large quantities of webbing to air, and Peter used techinique on Blob by breaking a web cartridge on Blob to completely encase the him, who is alot bigger than Wolverine.

Maybe, but Peter would still be a lot more experienced and likely better at using the spider-sense, so Logans disadvantages against Peter are a lot less relevant here.

Ben actually shared all of Peter's memories up until some time in the 70's so he would have some experience TBH. But I think your overplaying the Ben Reilly's disadvantages. He can still incap, is faster, and has webbing more suited to doing so. As Jash said, he can create space by punching Logan away, or just retreating backwards.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: Fair enough. I can see Ben beating him.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

Fair point. Admittedly he might not be able to use his spider-sense in all the same ways as Peter but it should still help him dodge. He has used it that way before.

He is in some ways. Like Wolverine Eddie cannot be put down with blunt force by spiders due to his healing and durability. He may not have wolverines skill but he does have various other abilities which would make fighting him difficult. Speed equal to spider-man, super human strength, etc.

As for impact webbing here:

This is part of Bens fight with venom. Eddie rippe doubt of the webbing due to his strength. I don't think Logan will be able to move if he gets put in the same position.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@highaccuser said:

@jashro44:

Fair point. Admittedly he might not be able to use his spider-sense in all the same ways as Peter but it should still help him dodge. He has used it that way before.

He is in some ways. Like Wolverine Eddie cannot be put down with blunt force by spiders due to his healing and durability. He may not have wolverines skill but he does have various other abilities which would make fighting him difficult. Speed equal to spider-man, super human strength, etc.

As for impact webbing here:

This is part of Bens fight with venom. Eddie rippe doubt of the webbing due to his strength. I don't think Logan will be able to move if he gets put in the same position.

Good points. Ben should beat Logan from what I've seen.