Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lord_oraculous016

Battle of the Most Powerful Telepaths..

MOONDRAGON

No Caption Provided

JEAN GREY

No Caption Provided

Both are very powerful telepaths in their own right..

but who more powerful?

First Scene
- both are in their full potentials as telepaths..

Second Scene
- Moondragon has the Mind Gem
- Jean Grey has the Phoenix Force 

Morals don't apply..

who would stand up as the victor of this telepathic battle?
Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lord_oraculous016

hmmm???

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By IcePrince_X

do morals apply? 

because Jean's weak side is her morals sometimes when it comes to fight.

brendon277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By brendon277

Maybe Jean Grey and definitely with the phoenix force

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Manchine

Without the Phoenix Force Moondragon easily. 

With the Phoenix Force Jean Grey easily.
Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lord_oraculous016
@IcePrince_X:  true.. Jean is pretty compassionate and was never boastful of her powers.. Moondragon on the other hand is very arrogant and seeks to be venerated by beings whom she thinks is lesser than her..
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By charlieboy

jean ttw. espeicially if she is phoenix.
SilverSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SilverSentry

The phoenix force is more powerful than Mind Gem ? sorry if this is a stupid question

Avatar image for prince_of_saiyans
Prince of Saiyans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Prince of Saiyans

moondragon is the better telepath, with full out pheonix force though jean wins 
pheonix>>mind gem i believe 

SilverSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SilverSentry

okay didn't know is no morals jean not just dark phoenix ? another stupid question probably

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Round 1 - Moon Dragon

Round 2 - Pheonix

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Roddy010

Jean for both rounds. She has way more experience in telepathic combat than Moondragon.

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean Grey if she has the Phx powers!!

M9ke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great match-up....I'd like to hear more opinions, especially from the OP if he is still around.

FTR, I'll take Moondragon straight up vs Jean Grey, but with the Phoenix Force Jean became probably a top ten powerful entity in the Marvel Universe, so that would be a total stomp in the second scene.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 owie  Moderator

@m9ke said:

Great match-up....I'd like to hear more opinions, especially from the OP if he is still around.

FTR, I'll take Moondragon straight up vs Jean Grey, but with the Phoenix Force Jean became probably a top ten powerful entity in the Marvel Universe, so that would be a total stomp in the second scene.

Unfortunately Oraculous hasn't been around in years, although he was an interesting contributor to cosmic things back in the day.

What I think is interesting is that theoretically the Mind Gen ought to be all-powerful when it comes to things mind-related, at least as the powers of the Infinity Gems are usually described. It ought to trump all other people with mind powers. And yet when I think of a purely psychic battle between a Phoenix-powered Jean and anyone with the Mind Gem, I feel like the Phoenix could well win. Of course, if the Phoenix used its other powers beyond psychic powers, it would certainly win with no difficulty at all. But if it only used its power to enhance Jean's psychic powers, and fought Moondragon with the Mind Gem? Hard to say. I would say the Mind Gem should win, but I couldn't see it actually happening in a comic.

BenRV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silversentry: the phoenix is the nexus of psionic energies wich means the mind gem would go in it

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WastelandMan

Moondragon

Phoenix

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Moondragon

Round 2: Jean Grey

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean Gray has TP'd people that are suppose to be immune, three times, I"m going with her.

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: @wastelandman: What

has MD done that's above Jean? I can't think of one notable telepath that MD beat in a to battle.

@benrv: The mind gem is not composed of psionic energy. Nothing like that has ever been stated. That's like saying the Soul gem is composed of souls.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@p00ty:

I'll post scans when I get back to my desktop.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By APEX_pretador

Can go either way. Maybe I'd back Moondragon with the gem

Avatar image for bowlt_swagg_320
bowlt_swagg_320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd back Jean for both rounds.

Avatar image for dextersinister1
Dextersinister1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Dextersinister1

Jean Grey easily both rounds.

Moon Dragon gets referenced for her failures. She also has far less experience fighting established telepaths.

Jean has her beat in power and skill.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WastelandMan

@p00ty said:

@heirtothekingdom: @wastelandman: What

has MD done that's above Jean? I can't think of one notable telepath that MD beat in a to battle.

Moondragon hasn't had much chances to battle other telepaths as she mostly resides in space, has far fewer appearances than Jean, and has been given no reason to battle Earth's telepaths but by feats she should be above Jean:

• 1. Mentally enslaves an entire planet (which should be above anything Jean has ever done without any amps)
  • 2. Can actually use her telepathic abilities across time and centuries into the past without effort
  • 3. Shuts down the minds of the Avengers and X-men (except the women which was intentional)
  • 4 - 5. Allows Thanos to contact Galactus across space and breach his mental defenses
  • 5. Stalemate's Doctor Strange in a telepathic battle for an extended period (and Strange has easily resisted planetary level telepathy and mind wiped the planet just to name of few of his own feats)
  • 6. Stalemates the Stranger (a cosmic powerhouse) in a telepathic battle until he becomes impatient and leaves
pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pheonix > Moondragon >>> Normal Jean

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman:

1) She Didn't enslave the whole planet. She enslaved the few people who ruled the planet. It's mentioned in that same comic.

2) That is a feat though she says she learned his brain patterns when they met before. But still nice.

3) At that point none of the Avengers had any TP feats.

4) She helped Thanos contact Galactus. That was the end of her involvement. Galactus allowed them inside his mind. Then when Galactus felt Thanos taking charge, he immediately repelled Thanos.

5) Dr. Strange has good TP resistance. Not offensive TP. And he used magic not TP to alter memories on Earth.

6) It is a very brief battle. And while Stranger is Powerful he's not a TP master. But Iron Man admits that she is no match for Stranger.

Looking at your own scans, she has defeated NO ONE who is a TP master. Not a single TP master. Just because she battled some people doesn't make her on their level. Puma has battled and stalemated Thor. That doesn't make him as powerful as Thor. And while Dr. Strange and Stranger are powerful. They are not considered TP masters.

Jean DEFEATED Xavier, Mastermind, defeated Juggernaut with his helmet on, Emma Frost, Magneto with his helmet on, she has even mind controlled demons from another dimension.

IMO her victories are greater then Moondragons stalemates.

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pipxeroth: Moondragon >>> Normal Jean.

What feats does MD have that make you say that?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By WastelandMan

@p00ty said:

@wastelandman:

1) She Didn't enslave the whole planet. She enslaved the few people who ruled the planet. It's mentioned in that same comic.

Nope.

That was a lie she told the Avengers so they wouldn't interfere. The very scan I posted is after the Avengers become suspicious and Thor asking if what the Avengers initially suspected was true and Moondragon confirming it:

No Caption Provided

"Have you indeed, as I suspect, seized total control of this world?"

"Yes....I have!"

Read the comic yourself it's from Avengers #219. So again, it really tops anything Jean has done.

At that point none of the Avengers had any TP feats.

I don't see why it matters that it hasn't happened yet it's not like it's retconned it still happened.

She helped Thanos contact Galactus. That was the end of her involvement. Galactus allowed them inside his mind. Then when Galactus felt Thanos taking charge, he immediately repelled Thanos.

Reread the dialogue he did do as Thanos said and blinked his eyes but he had no idea what the result would have been.

5) Dr. Strange has good TP resistance. Not offensive TP. And he used magic not TP to alter memories on Earth.

You realize everything Strange does is magic based, right? Including his mental powers. He can read minds and alter thoughts etc. etc. By definition he has telepathy the only difference is it's just magic based.

6) It is a very brief battle. And while Stranger is Powerful he's not a TP master. But Iron Man admits that she is no match for Stranger.

He's a cosmic powerhouse far more powerful than Jean and even if though she would have lost it's still more impressive than Jean.

Looking at your own scans, she has defeated NO ONE who is a TP master. Not a single TP master. Just because she battled some people doesn't make her on their level. Puma has battled and stalemated Thor. That doesn't make him as powerful as Thor. And while Dr. Strange and Stranger are powerful. They are not considered TP masters.

Jean DEFEATED Xavier, Mastermind, defeated Juggernaut with his helmet on, Emma Frost, Magneto with his helmet on, she has even mind controlled demons from another dimension.

Again, Moon dragon has had very little opportunity to ever battle Earth's telepaths as she lives mainly in space and has massively fewer appearances than Jean. By that same logic, Jean can beat anyone including abstracts via telepathy simply because they haven't battled telepaths.

IMO her victories are greater then Moondragons stalemates.

None of which tops planetary mind control.

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: Post 11 of this link proves that she only enslaved the world leaders. She admits that she can't end the insurrection.. If she was controlling the whole planet then war would be over. Then she says "I maintain a constant report with people of GREAT POWER AND INFLUENCE". She is not controlling the general population. Just the people in charge.

So she enslaved some world leaders who have ZERO TP feats. She did NOT defeat Stranger. She did NOT defeat Dr. Strange. So I'll ask again: who has she defeated that has TP feats?

Bringing abstracts to the equation is a red herring. Moondragon has been an avenger and Infinity watch. She has had many chances to prove herself.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/emma-frost-vs-moondragon-644508/

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By WastelandMan

@p00ty said:

@wastelandman: Post 11 of this link proves that she only enslaved the world leaders. She admits that she can't end the insurrection.. If she was controlling the whole planet then war would be over. Then she says "I maintain a constant report with people of GREAT POWER AND INFLUENCE". She is not controlling the general population. Just the people in charge.

So she enslaved some world leaders who have ZERO TP feats. She did NOT defeat Stranger. She did NOT defeat Dr. Strange. So I'll ask again: who has she defeated that has TP feats?

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/emma-frost-vs-moondragon-644508/

*facepalm*

You really should have read the story for yourself I gave you the issue number and everything.......Again, she lied about not being able to end the insurrection. She CAUSED the "rebellion" to distract the Avengers and make them buy into her lie about not enslaving the planet:

No Caption Provided

They were under control of Moondragon like the rest of the planet:

No Caption Provided

And at that point the Avengers realized she had lied to them and had enslaved the planet:

No Caption Provided

"We've been played for suckers! Moondragon has taken over this planet"

I don't know how much clearer I can get. How about instead of taking the word of a random forum post by a user who clearly has no idea about what they're talking about you read the story for yourself? Again the issue is Avengers #219 as well as read Avengers #220 for the full picture.

Bringing abstracts to the equation is a red herring.

Metaphor*

Moondragon has been an avenger and Infinity watch. Moondragon has been an avenger and Infinity watch. She has had many chances to prove herself.

And she has by enslaving a planet.

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: The dude says that " thousands of others were similar mysteriously compelled". So she enslaved thousands of people with no TP feats.... that's like Shang Chi beating dozens of fodder Hand soldiers. That's not a good feat. A good feat is when he beats someone who actually has some skill like Cap or Iron Fist.

So we have Moondragon TPing a planet of people with no TP feats. Those are the only people she actually defeated in a TP battle. A lot of people with ZERO TP feats. Quality >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quantity. Here is Jean DEFEATING fodder like MD does and affecting people with actual TP feats.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Me me absorbs others brains into himself. Jean turned off his mind
Me me absorbs others brains into himself. Jean turned off his mind
Emma has the PF. Jean does not. Jean still beats Emma and takes back the PF
Emma has the PF. Jean does not. Jean still beats Emma and takes back the PF
Her astral plane body can attack on the physical world
Her astral plane body can attack on the physical world

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and now she can turn physic energy into physical bolts of energy. She can turn MD power against her.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By WastelandMan

@p00ty said:

@wastelandman: The dude says that " thousands of others were similar mysteriously compelled". So she enslaved thousands of people with no TP feats.... that's like Shang Chi beating dozens of fodder Hand soldiers. That's not a good feat. A good feat is when he beats someone who actually has some skill like Cap or Iron Fist.

............No. She didn't just enslave thousands that was referring to how many she made out of the entire population to form the fake rebellion. She explicitly state she's controlling many millions:

No Caption Provided

Again, (for like, what, the fourth time?) why don't you read the issues yourself instead of making false claims about a story you clearly know nothing about?

and now she can turn physic energy into physical bolts of energy. She can turn MD power against her.

.......Moondragon can turn psychic energy into physical bolts too and even shields:

What's your point? What difference does that make?

Also, everything else you posted doesn't compare to mind controlling a planet.

detacude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By detacude

@Manchine said:

Without the Phoenix Force Moondragon easily.

With the Phoenix Force Jean Grey easily.

Listen to this manchine, without some sort of advantage Moondragon will always be the superior telepath

detacude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By detacude

@wastelandman: How do you think Moondragon would fair against Sentry in a battle of minds? Both have feats on a global level. (with and without mind gem) Stryfe would be another good match-up.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@detacude said:

@wastelandman: How do you think Moondragon would fair against Sentry in a battle of minds? Both have feats on a global level. (with and without mind gem) Stryfe would be another good match-up.

IIRC Sentry has really high TP resistance but I'm not sure. Stryfe could be good.

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By weatherwitch21

jean grey wins both rounds idk why everyone and this i controlled a planet full of people with no telepathic resistances thinks she can beat jean

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, this is a really good match. I believe Phoenix Jean takes round 2,she was able to touch every mind in creation during the Phoenix saga.

Round 1 is so close though, it's hard to tell who would win.

Moondragon has great feats, controlling millions of people on a planet, sending a message back in time, using Tp on the avengers, fighting Xavier and Dr Strange

But Jean also has impressive feats, creating psychic manifestations around the world and on the moon (manifestations strong enough to fight different teams of Xmen at the same time), scanning the planet/reading the minds on the planet at different occasions, astral projecting to another Universe, sensing a battle in another dimension, beating Phoenix amped Emma twice (once as a ghost), making an Omnipath Gamemaster run from her (he's connected to every mind on the planet), and having Xavier scared of coming into her mind because it could turn his mind to ash.

I think they're tied, they're both high level Telepaths, though I'd give Moondragon the edge for facing people like Dr Strange and The Stranger (though Jean has fought the stranger, it wasn't a telepathic fight. Although, he did send psychic visions of the cosmos to her and juggernaut that had Juggernaut screaming on the ground, but Jean was unbiased, so that might count).

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

jean

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pfft....Moondragon gets trashed

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I would say Jean in a decent fight. Moondragon has some impressive feats, but they aren't good enough.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Jean in a decent fight. Moondragon has some impressive feats, but they aren't good enough.

Avatar image for deactivated-5daccae6547be
deactivated-5daccae6547be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers