Moon Knight vs. Batman

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Moon Knight without the superpowers granted to him by Khonshu against Batman with no prep time and standard weaponry/paraphrenalia

caption
caption
caption
caption
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Im with Moon Knight on this one

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By Nighthunter

Batman

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Batman? Any reason?

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nighthunter
Lunacyde said:
"Batman? Any reason?"
hmm let's see

Better fighter

Better strategist

Better gadgets

More skilled

More experience
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Better fighter is to be debated....I would give the advantage in hand to hand to Batman although Moon Knight is one o the best Hand 2 hand combatants in Marvel.

Better strategist doesnt come into effect that much in this matchup...its a random fight w/ no preperation....besides moon knight is a good strategist in his own right.

As far as gadgets are concerned Batman has gadgets....Moon knight has weapons....MK's weapons trump Batmans gadgets.

As far as skill im not sure what kind of skill you are referring to but MK has mastered nearly every weapon known to man.

Batman also wins in experience although MK is no slouch either...especially considering all his years fighting as a mercenary....its a lot closer than you acknowledge

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Lunacyde said:
"

Better fighter is to be debated....I would give the advantage in hand to hand to Batman although Moon Knight is one o the best Hand 2 hand combatants in Marvel.

Better strategist doesnt come into effect that much in this matchup...its a random fight w/ no preperation....besides moon knight is a good strategist in his own right.

As far as gadgets are concerned Batman has gadgets....Moon knight has weapons....MK's weapons trump Batmans gadgets.

As far as skill im not sure what kind of skill you are referring to but MK has mastered nearly every weapon known to man.

Batman also wins in experience although MK is no slouch either...especially considering all his years fighting as a mercenary....its a lot closer than you acknowledge

"
Better fighter is not to be debated.Batman is one of the top fighters in DCU..MK isn't the equivalent to that in Marvel.MK is one of the best but not s close to being the best
MK is not a great strategist..Batman is
Weapons would usually trump gadgets but not in this case
If you compare MK's skill to Batman's your grasping for straws...MK isn't even close to as skilled as Bruce in any category
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

With flawless rhetoric like that how could I possibly argue?....Ohhh wait you havent proven anything....just thrown out your opinion...

I've read both comics as they are both some of my favorites and I can say that it is an educated opinion when I say that I have seen MK fight and defeat opponents with all sorts of different weapons, he is highly skilled with each. Bruce always makes his own gadgets just for the situation but Ive never seen him skilled with a large weapon set....Do you even know what weapons MK has?,,,,and MK has fought Daredevil to a draw and Im sure Bats isnt that much better hand to hand than DD.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By John Valentine

Batman with a severe curbstomp.

Iron Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Iron Doom

I seriously love MK but I have to say Bats because of his suporior fighting skills and his strategic mind

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By John Valentine

Who has Moon Knight fought that is on Batman's level, seriously?.... sure he beat Taskmaster, but that's after he got  the cr@p beaten out of him. He also beat his ex-sidekick after he had been tortured by him.....

Batman has fought foes such as R'as Al Ghul (who is definately more powerful than Moon Knight), Hush, Joker, Amazon, Jason Todd, Two-Face, ...... all of whom beat Moon Knight, in either terms of strategy or fighting skills.

Sure, Specter was a boxer and a marine, but Bruce has been trained by the best fighters in the DC world, and more recently he has been taught by Sensei (R'as Al Ghul's father).

In your introduction you mentioned nothing abotu Moon Knight having weapons, so we can assuem that he doesn't have them. Anyway, MK would not thrash Batman by using his weapons: Batman would easily out manouever him by use of his gadgets and tactics, which brings me onto my final point:

Moon Knight may be intelligent and a cunning tactition by normal superhero standards but NO ONE rivals Batman on that front, and given that reason Batman is ensured the win.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Don't even talk about getting the crap beat out of him...that is Batman's trademark....He gets the crap beat out of him by basically everyone....but for some reason they always fail to kill him ....he escapes and preparres and then comes back and kicks thier butt....to say it is a rapestomp shows you clearly know nothing about Moon Knight....saying Batman would win just because he is Batman and he can kick everyones butt doesnt cut it.

Moon Knight has faced Werewolf by Night multiple times, Taskmaster, Crossfire, Morpheus, Jester, Five Highly trained assassins that wanted to kill him, Terrorists....heck he was karate chopped by the Hulk and got right back up. It is a known fact that Moon Knight is one of the best Martial Artists in the Marvel Universe. It is also a known fact that he EXCELS as a combat strategist. Even without the boost in powers from the moon his strength is on par with Batman's.

Moon Knight's silver-white costume includes

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Ohh and u said the set up says nothing about weaponry? Read it again brick head....the last thing it says is standard weaponry/paraphrenalia.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nighthunter

Batman has beaten Killer Croc, Clayface, Superman (which still is stupid), White Martians, Deathstroke, etc and that's only counting over human levels.

Batman is actually established as one of the top 10 martial artist of the DCU and one of the top five fighters from DC according to the last time DC made a catalog

I've read every single issue of Moon Knight since he lost his power, the only things that he had archieved were beating a Taskmaster that didn't even move, cut a guy's face with a knife (which many people here seem to think that's a display of combat skill, which I don't) beat his ex-sidekick and with a lot of effort and the help of a friend, beat a werewolf, which is the most impressive thing he has done.

On the other hand, Batman just recently fought 3 werewolves at the same time using only  hand to hand combat and wasn't even scratched

There's a reason Batman is claimed to be the most dangerous human on Earth.

Avatar image for shadow_kingof_killers
Shadow_KingOf Killers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

the dark knight easy defeat moon kinght.
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By John Valentine
Lunacyde said:
"Ohh and u said the set up says nothing about weaponry? Read it again brick head....the last thing it says is standard weaponry/paraphrenalia."

No, I said that the top says nothing about Moon Knight's weaponry, which it does not.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Lunacyde said:
"

With flawless rhetoric like that how could I possibly argue?....Ohhh wait you havent proven anything....just thrown out your opinion...

I've read both comics as they are both some of my favorites and I can say that it is an educated opinion when I say that I have seen MK fight and defeat opponents with all sorts of different weapons, he is highly skilled with each. Bruce always makes his own gadgets just for the situation but Ive never seen him skilled with a large weapon set....Do you even know what weapons MK has?,,,,and MK has fought Daredevil to a draw and Im sure Bats isnt that much better hand to hand than DD.

"
MK hasn't fought DD to a draw in like 20 years.2008 DD would kill that Batman groupie.
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By John Valentine
Lunacyde said:
1) saying Batman would win just because he is Batman and he can kick everyones butt doesnt cut it.

2) Moon Knight has faced Werewolf by Night multiple times, Taskmaster, Crossfire, Morpheus, Jester, Five Highly trained assassins that wanted to kill him, Terrorists....heck he was karate chopped by the Hulk and got right back up. It is a known fact that Moon Knight is one of the best Martial Artists in the Marvel Universe. It is also a known fact that he EXCELS as a combat strategist. Even without the boost in powers from the moon his strength is on par with Batman's.
1) Everyone who has posted supporting Batman have given valid reasons why Bruce would beat Moon Knight.

2) Five highly trained assasins? WOW, how about fighting dozens from the League of Assasins? Jester was a nobody who got shot in the head by Punisher. 
    Yeah he faced WereWolf by night in July's Moon Knight #20: he got torn apart by him until WereWolf by Night was shot, and Mark seized the moment to attack him....

Also, There is no way that Specter is on the same physical level as Batman, having been confirmed to a wheel chair for that amount of time.

I did not deny that Specter was a good fighter, but could you please explain to me how he is on the same level as Bruce, a man who has dedicated the whole of his adult life to fighting crime, and training himself to do so?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Lunacyde said:
"Moon Knight without the superpowers granted to him by Khonshu against Batman with no prep time and standard weaponry/paraphrenalia
caption
caption
caption
caption
"
Ok...........

Lemme get this out of the way quickly......

Batman > Moon Knight

Now as much as it PAINS me to say that,  MK does'nt have a whole lotta chance against Batman. Moon Knight's fighting (While being very impressive) is still not on any par with Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne = Trained by Ra's al Ghul, Sensei, and many many others.
Marc Spector = Trained as a Boxer, a Marine, and a CIA Agent.

Now, With that said, setting aside the Marine and CIA Agent status, He's a Boxer.....A standard, Jab Kick, Jab Kick mentality. Where as Batman can do nerv strikes and other things that go alongside the highly trained fighter status. Is not Batman on par with Bronze Tiger?

Moon Knight without his powers took out A (A as in 1) Werewolf.......Batman took out three without help like Moon Knight had.

So yeah, Batman's gonna kill ol' Moonie. But as personal preference go's, I'd more than likely read a Moon Knight comic rather than I would a Batman comic. Nothing against Batman of course, He's my 3rd favorite character in comics right now, just personal preference.

With that said.....

Had it been Classic Moon Knight, I'd have given him more of a chance but with current Moon Knight? He gets slaughtered.

BTW Expect a Lock down soon since this has been done waaaaaaaaay too many times.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

I find it funny how everyone claims Moon knight is a Batman rip off when really Batman has been ripping off Moon Knight for years. The modern Batman we know today owes a lot more to Classic moon knight than most would like to believe. Before moon Knight came around Batman's sales were floundering and his villains composed of campy, gimmicky criminals. Along came moon Knight with the idea to emphasize the characters psyche, and be a little close to the edge of sanity. Soon after Batman’s villains started to emphasize their fractured psyches over their gimmicky crimes, anti-heroes became more savage and brutal, and everyone suddenly gained a tortured soul and a borderline-psychotic personality disorder. And Moon Knight went from being unique, the Modern Superhero, to just one of the pack.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By John Valentine
Lunacyde said:
"I find it funny how everyone claims Moon knight is a Batman rip off when really Batman has been ripping off Moon Knight for years. The modern Batman we know today owes a lot more to Classic moon knight than most would like to believe. Before moon Knight came around Batman's sales were floundering and his villains composed of campy, gimmicky criminals. Along came moon Knight with the idea to emphasize the characters psyche, and be a little close to the edge of sanity. Soon after Batman’s villains started to emphasize their fractured psyches over their gimmicky crimes, anti-heroes became more savage and brutal, and everyone suddenly gained a tortured soul and a borderline-psychotic personality disorder. And Moon Knight went from being unique, the Modern Superhero, to just one of the pack."
.... Neil Adam's work which provided the basis of the modern Batman was published during the  early 1970s, before Moon Knight's creation.
Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By Mr. Wilson

We've done this thread to death but I think Moon Knight could beat Batman.  They are pretty even, one has what the other lacks. 

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

While the work of O'Neil and Adams was popular with fans, the acclaim did little to help declining sales; the same held true with a similarly acclaimed run by writer

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Resonate
John Valentine said:
"Lunacyde said:
"I find it funny how everyone claims Moon knight is a Batman rip off when really Batman has been ripping off Moon Knight for years. The modern Batman we know today owes a lot more to Classic moon knight than most would like to believe. Before moon Knight came around Batman's sales were floundering and his villains composed of campy, gimmicky criminals. Along came moon Knight with the idea to emphasize the characters psyche, and be a little close to the edge of sanity. Soon after Batman’s villains started to emphasize their fractured psyches over their gimmicky crimes, anti-heroes became more savage and brutal, and everyone suddenly gained a tortured soul and a borderline-psychotic personality disorder. And Moon Knight went from being unique, the Modern Superhero, to just one of the pack."
.... Neil Adam's work which provided the basis of the modern Batman was published during the  early 1970s, before Moon Knight's creation."
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By John Valentine
Lunacyde said:
"While the work of O'Neil and Adams was popular with fans, the acclaim did little to help declining sales; the same held true with a similarly acclaimed run by writer Steve Englehart and penciler Marshall Rogers in Detective Comics #471-476 (Aug. 1977 - April 1978), which went on to influence the 1989 movie Batman and be adapted for Batman: The Animated Series, which debuted in 1992. Regardless, circulation continued to drop through the 1970s and 1980s, hitting an all-time low in 1985."
All comic sales were down during this time anyway... take X-Men for example.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

This shouldn't even be a debate.How is damn near the best Street Leveler in DC going to lose to Moon Knight.Misty Knight and Colleen Wing have defeated more powerful opponents.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#27  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

This has been done. Use the search function.