Monkey D. Luffy vs The Hulk

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

(Future) "King of The Pirates"

"The Indestructible Hulk"

• Current versions of both (feats can be used as they come out)
  • Random encounter
  • No interference
  • Basic knowledge
  • Fight to KO, incap, or death

Luffy attacks Bruce Banner under the impression that he has killed the other Straw Hats. Bruce transforms and they battle.

jodema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can the Hulk catch Luffy at all?

Superbot400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Indestrucible Hulk has super speed now, it's just matter of how absolute Luffy's blunt durability is. I'm not sure why characters like Rob Luccie were able to harm Luffy back in part 1.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@jodema said:

Can the Hulk catch Luffy at all?

Probably not, but then again Hulk has tanked MUCH worse hits from stronger characters. Hulk's main option is thunderclap here, though depending on his anger level may have mixed results. If the fight drags on without Hulk going WB, then Luffy dies of radiation poisoning so I guess Hulk wins eventually.

Edit: BFR is open for Hulk. So if he can grab Luffy once then it's over.

Darkbiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Darkbiscuit

How could Luffy put Hulk down? I don't think that it'll come down to a K.O. on either side: Hulk BFR's Luffy and GG

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Oh my dear god... Is WBH actually being mentioned here? Outstanding. FFS Hulk doesn't even need to get angrier, his regeneration factor already overwhelms anything Luffy would dish in any incarnation... If anything Hulk grabs Luffy and eats him like bubble gum.

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk's only difficulty is catching Luffy, but other than that he outmatches Luffy in everything. Luffy may be a lot faster but lacks almost everything to damage the Hulk.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Stalemate.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

luffy gets tired on pummeling hulk without effect, then hulk throws him into the ocean.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Stalemate, until Hulk finds a way to neutralize Luffy.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is kinda hilarious as to how little people know about the Hulk, anyway one serious thunderclap is enough to KO Luffy.

jodema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luffy would win. A continuous Gigante Elephant, coated with armament haki, should prove sufficient.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk hates pirates. Hulk smash pirates. Hulk SMASH!

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hulk unless you can prove otherwise.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk. Thunderclap should work.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thunderclaps are only useful against fodder and mild C-list characters. Luffy would tank that with ease.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 juiceboks  Moderator

Thunderclaps are only useful against fodder and mild C-list characters. Luffy would tank that with ease.

You're kidding right?

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ximpossibrux said:

You're kidding right?

Luffy has moon level durability, obviously. The thunderclap has only KO'd Rulk and hes about as C list as it gets.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you can't tell, i'm joking

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 juiceboks  Moderator
ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luffy get's Fing Fang Foom-ed.

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laidblack: BAM!!! ZOOM!!! POW!!! STRAIGHT TO THE MOON!!!!

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Cor_Tsar

Has Savage Hulk ever been ko'd by blunt force before? If not i fail to see how Luffy can beat him, but then again, Hulk can't really win. He can't catch hypersonic rubber dude with pre-cog and to inflict any blunt damage on Luffy would mean to bypass hitting his skin, and somehow hitting him internally. Stalemate at best unless Hulk's been ko'd by brute force.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By patrat18

Only Haki users can hurt Luffy.

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By laidblack

@cor_tsar said:

Has Savage Hulk ever been ko'd by blunt force before? If not i fail to see how Luffy can beat him, but then again, Hulk can't really win. He can't catch hypersonic rubber dude with pre-cog and to inflict any blunt damage on Luffy would mean to bypass hitting his skin, and somehow hitting him internally. Stalemate at best unless Hulk's been ko'd by brute force.

Luffy has no real quantifiably feats that put him at hypersonic range, and Hulk has caught high class military grade missiles. Luffy could be thrown and Hulk clapped, and his stamina would run thin in this fight.

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

...also Sword User, energy users, and anyone who uses powers that don't revolves around blunt attacks.

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Hulk wins eventually for sure (IMO whatever that means lolol).

Hulk eats up Luffy and Luffy drowns inside Hulk's stomach.

Or the Hulk transforms into his WB form and destroys the planet.

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laidblack: Luffy's escaped liquid explosion from the center of one. As far as my knowledge goes (based from wikipedia) explosion velocity is always faster than local speed of sound in material. Gas based explosions can go up to 3000 m/s, while solid based explosions can reach up to 10300 m/s. Luffy was in the center of a liquid, kinda plasma explosion, so even looking at the minimum of a 3000 m/s(sound moves faster in liquids than air, just as sound moves faster through solids than liquid) he would be hypersonic.

And while Luffy has less stamina than Hulk(Luffy can still fight for a couple days, so it's not like his stamina is bad), Hulk's going to be the one getting beaten on until Luffy runs dry, and even then Hulk's gonna have to BFR him, which i doubt is in character for Hulk after taking a massive beating.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By patrat18

@patrat18 said:

...also Sword User, energy users, and anyone who uses powers that don't revolves around blunt attacks.

All energy users that hurt Luffy were Haki users. Not sure about that.

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By laidblack

@patrat18 said:

@laidblack said:

@patrat18 said:

Luffy's devil fruits only protects him from blunt attacks...that's it.

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cor_tsar said:

@laidblack: Luffy's escaped liquid explosion from the center of one. As far as my knowledge goes (based from wikipedia) explosion velocity is always faster than local speed of sound in material. Gas based explosions can go up to 3000 m/s, while solid based explosions can reach up to 10300 m/s. Luffy was in the center of a liquid, kinda plasma explosion, so even looking at the minimum of a 3000 m/s(sound moves faster in liquids than air, just as sound moves faster through solids than liquid) he would be hypersonic.

And while Luffy has less stamina than Hulk(Luffy can still fight for a couple days, so it's not like his stamina is bad), Hulk's going to be the one getting beaten on until Luffy runs dry, and even then Hulk's gonna have to BFR him, which i doubt is in character for Hulk after taking a massive beating.

That's great...travel speed, which Hulk has too since he can easily leap out of earth atmosphere in a single leap., but y'know that's not really useful here. Luffy has never fought for days, hell he has never fought for hours. Your post also suggest that Luffy could damage Hulk in the slightest...which he can't.

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's great...travel speed, which Hulk has too since he can easily leap out of earth atmosphere in a single leap., but y'know that's not really useful here. Luffy has never fought for days, hell he has never fought for hours. Your post also suggest that Luffy could damage Hulk in the slightest...which he can't.

Not really. He was at the CENTER of a liquid explosion, meaning he would have to react to escape it or he was going to be blown up.

Marine Fort/impel down took place over a couple of days, where Luffy literally fought through jail/death/ and the marines. Hulk's best stamina feat i know about is swimming across Pacific Ocean which took weeks, still better than Luffy, but comparing what they were doing and it's like 'not really'.

Hurt Hulk? Luffy has extreme striking power(due to being strong, fast, and having rubber qualities that he uses to the best of its abilities) as well as armament Haki which increases the durability of his fist so much that it feels like Iron. Insane striking power mixed with Iron fist makes me feel pretty confident that he can at least hurt hulk. If Thing, Wendingo, bi-beast, and others have 'hurt' Hulk, Luffy can too. Whether he can ko him or not is undetermined, i've never read or seen Hulk get ko'd by blunt force, which just like Hulk, is the only thing Luffy has going for him here (besides Thunder Clap which Luffy can dodge due to being faster than sound and having pre cog and all that.)

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@laidblack said:

@patrat18 said:

Bullets,poison,Heat,ect.

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@laidblack said:

@patrat18 said:

@laidblack said:

@patrat18 said:

Bullets,poison,Heat,ect.

bullets = Blunt force in OP

Poison - that's not from Luffy devil fruit at work that his built up resistance(and that only occurred after almost dying from poison several time)

And i'm pretty sure the x on his chest shows that he not resistant to heat.

@cor_tsar said:

@laidblack said:

Not really. He was at the CENTER of a liquid explosion, meaning he would have to react to escape it or he was going to be blown up.

Marine Fort/impel down took place over a couple of days, where Luffy literally fought through jail/death/ and the marines. Hulk's best stamina feat i know about is swimming across Pacific Ocean which took weeks, still better than Luffy, but comparing what they were doing and it's like 'not really'.

Hurt Hulk? Luffy has extreme striking power(due to being strong, fast, and having rubber qualities that he uses to the best of its abilities) as well as armament Haki which increases the durability of his fist so much that it feels like Iron. Insane striking power mixed with Iron fist makes me feel pretty confident that he can at least hurt hulk. If Thing, Wendingo, bi-beast, and others have 'hurt' Hulk, Luffy can too. Whether he can ko him or not is undetermined, i've never read or seen Hulk get ko'd by blunt force, which just like Hulk, is the only thing Luffy has going for him here (besides Thunder Clap which Luffy can dodge due to being faster than sound and having pre cog and all that.)

1. Luffy didn't fought though out the entire arc he had several points of rest.2. Hulk has shown to be able to take Atomic bombs and not even be effected which is far out of Luffy's damaging range.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By RaynorJ

Like i said, people know so little about the Hulk it's hilarious. Comparing Hulks blunt attacks to anything Luffy could even hope to encounter. But since i guess only Haki users can hurt Luffy i imagine he solos anyone outside his universe and here i thought Superman was the ultimate superhero.

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Luffy didn't fought though out the entire arc he had several points of rest.2. Hulk has shown to be able to take Atomic bombs and not even be effected which is far out of Luffy's damaging range.

1. he had 2 points of rest, one while on the ship TO the next place where he would continue fighting. The other wasn't even really a rest period, Luffy just got extremely near death so he stopped, then to heal himself quickly, he decided to go through more tortuous pain that could've killed him, and then got right back to it.

2. Atom Bomb and blunt force damage are two completely different things. Hulk has been hurt by Thing by blunt force(that's minimum, not considering PIS) Luffy at LEAST strikes with force on the level of thing, if not more, and he dishes those hits out like 100 x faster.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cor_tsar: That's all cool and awesome but it's gonna bring the Hulk down because he tanked far and i do mean FAR stronger punches than that. Like someone already said about Superman and other heroes there are plenty of things shown to hurt them for the sake of the show that however does not mean it's gonna bring them down and it hasn't. Luffy can dance around Hulk all he wants but it's not gonna change anything he is either gonna get tired eventually in which case he is as good as dead or Hulk will get pissed of so much he release enough Gamma energy to evaporate him.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

What give?

Mods why u no lock?ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Cor_Tsar

@raynorj: Um, I never said it would take Hulk down(all i asked was has Hulk ever been Ko'd by blunt force before, why can't i get an answer to my question). I said Luffy can 'hurt' Hulk. He has a ton of striking power as well as throws his multiple punches faster than anything Hulk's encountered.

Does Luffy have the power of a Mjlnoir strike? No. But then again, Thor never hit Hulk with hundreds of Mjolnir strikes at once, he at max hit him with 10 in a single fight. Luffy has much more striking power than Thing(i said at minimum before, but realistically Luffy has far more power in his punches than Thing) and could throw many more punches than the guy ever could. Thing can hurt Hulk, it's not PIS, Thing's a better fighter than Hulk, and can throw better punches, if not stronger, than Hulk's.

Also, after brutally beating Hulk for hours or days, do you think Hulk's gonna want to BFR Luffy, no, he's gonna want to pummel him, which won't work. And Hulk definitely won't go World breaker, the scenario makes due note that Luffy is the one bloodlusted here, not Hulk. Hulk's only gone World Breaker when he becomes bloodlusted(or out of control angry, which Luffy can't make him do by just attacking him) or when doesn't have to worry about his morals. If hulk has been ko'd by blunt force before, Luffy wins, if not stalemate, no other way around it, don't know why people are trying to make any excuse for Hulk winning this. IC, Hulk isn't winning this, he has no way to do so, and the only way he can (BFR) wouldn't make sense for him to do in this situation.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj said:

This is kinda hilarious as to how little people know about the Hulk, anyway one serious thunderclap is enough to KO Luffy.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cor_tsar: To my knowledge Hulk has never been KO'd by a blunt attack but i could be wrong i know that he usually heals and stands back up from whatever attack hits him even when his brain is pierced by Wolverine it only takes a few seconds for him to regenerate. Still the comics are very inconsistent in one comic you have Hulk being strangled by a snake in another you have him tanking planet busting attacks.

And those 10 where not enough, seriously dude it's like saying a woodpecker would knock me out because he can hit me 100 times in a few seconds with his beak but Mike Tyson can only 2-3 times. What proof do you have that Luffy strikes harder than Ben? Thing is not a better fighter than Hulk(even Marvel rates them the same) where did you get that? And OMG Thing throws stronger punches than Hulk? What? Hulk has some of the strongest punches out of any mainstream superhero in Marvel.... i was really not kidding when i said people know so little about the Hulk....

To even suggest that Hulk has to go WBH to beat Luffy is ridiculous, after Luffy keeps hitting him to no avail and fails and let's say that in all that time Hulk isn't able to catch him or do anything to him once he is completely exhausted Hulk is now very much angry and punches him with a force of a nuclear blast(not to mention that he has the ability to release Gamma energy that is capable evaporating Luffy or at the very least poisons him with radiation. Also Hulk has BFR after being very angry. Your whole post cries of nothing but fanboyism i must say. You know next to nothing about the Hulk, you make ridiculous statements about Thing having a stronger punch than the Hulk and than Luffy having a stronger punch than the Thing which i guess means Luffy has a stronger punch than the Hulk... omg... i guess Luffy can break time barries, destroy the physical form of Onslaught which is Celestial level(something every other marvel character tried and failed including Thor). You say that if there was someone in the Marvelverse that KO'd Hulk with blunt force than that automatically means Luffy wins and than even in a scenario where Luffy is exhausted and unable to do anything Hulk would just pummel him and it would do nothing and just end in a stalemate?

I really hate debating in these forums sometimes, can someone please call a mod and lock this?

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#45  Edited By DeathandGrim

I forgot about the thunderclap. Yea that should be able to rupture every organ in Luffy's body. And I don't think Luffy is honestly physically capable of hurting Hulk

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

Don't you guys get it? If you don't have haki... You're not harming Luffy.

Even Doomsday/Galactus and the dogmad Spectre can't harm Lufy because you know.....

They don't have haki.

Luffy wins. In fact, Luffy solos any and everything that doesn't have haki..

This logic is undeniable therefore Luffy wins.

-_-

One thunderclap from the Hulk and Luffy is out cold.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cor_tsar: Glad to see someone making a case for Luffy.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator
Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj said:

@cor_tsar: To my knowledge Hulk has never been KO'd by a blunt attack but i could be wrong i know that he usually heals and stands back up from whatever attack hits him even when his brain is pierced by Wolverine it only takes a few seconds for him to regenerate. Still the comics are very inconsistent in one comic you have Hulk being strangled by a snake in another you have him tanking planet busting attacks.

Yeah, that's all i'm worrying about. Savage Hulk at his best shows planetary strength, i personally consider anything under state threat level as BS.

And those 10 where not enough, seriously dude it's like saying a woodpecker would knock me out because he can hit me 100 times in a few seconds with his beak but Mike Tyson can only 2-3 times. What proof do you have that Luffy strikes harder than Ben? Thing is not a better fighter than Hulk(even Marvel rates them the same) where did you get that? And OMG Thing throws stronger punches than Hulk? What? Hulk has some of the strongest punches out of any mainstream superhero in Marvel.... i was really not kidding when i said people know so little about the Hulk....

Never said Thing was stronger than Hulk nor threw stronger punches, but he throws his punches better. Savage hulk is below Ben in terms of skill, Ben was a professional fighter(Boxer) at one point in his life. Only World war hulk has any skill to speak of, and that's not the one we're using here. Also, Luffy can make his fist as hard as Iron, many consider him million tonner+(I'd say 100,000 tonner at best), can throw his punches at Hyper-sonic speed, can throw his punches using his rubber properties to gain extra momentum, and can create so much blood/ skin friction to create fire under water. there's no reason for him to have less striking power than Ben, unless you're wanking the hell out of him.

To even suggest that Hulk has to go WBH to beat Luffy is ridiculous, after Luffy keeps hitting him to no avail and fails and let's say that in all that time Hulk isn't able to catch him or do anything to him once he is completely exhausted Hulk is now very much angry and punches him with a force of a nuclear blast(not to mention that he has the ability to release Gamma energy that is capable evaporating Luffy or at the very least poisons him with radiation. Also Hulk has BFR after being very angry.

Hulk's not just gonna vaporize Luffy with gamma. Hulk's morals prevent him from killing anyone, and his morals are on here, also, Luffy has high resistance to poison ever since having his body slathered by poison by a poison logia warden. Show me when Hulk has been pummeled and then decided to BFR an opponent. Show me and i'll agree.

Your whole post cries of nothing but fanboyism i must say. You know next to nothing about the Hulk, you make ridiculous statements about Thing having a stronger punch than the Hulk and than Luffy having a stronger punch than the Thing which i guess means Luffy has a stronger punch than the Hulk... omg... i guess Luffy can break time barries, destroy the physical form of Onslaught which is Celestial level(something every other marvel character tried and failed including Thor). You say that if there was someone in the Marvelverse that KO'd Hulk with blunt force than that automatically means Luffy wins and than even in a scenario where Luffy is exhausted and unable to do anything Hulk would just pummel him and it would do nothing and just end in a stalemate?

Um, not a fanboy. Actually more of a fan of Hulk since he's the one who got me into comics and i think he has the most potential for great story telling.

Once again, never said that Thing had stronger punches(must have got lost in translation i guess), but please quantify breaking a time barrier, guess what, there's absolutely no way to quantify breaking something that only exist in comics and fiction. Not only that, Hulk broke through Onslaughts armor only after turning banner off, and that wasn't even Savage Hulk(who's the current incarnation of Hulk in Indestructible Hulk).

And yes, depending on who ko'd Hulk by blunt force, i'd probably be able to estimate if Luffy can dish out that type of damage. And Luffy can't be hurt by Blunt force, Hulk just in general has barely any control over his gamma, Savage Hulk definitely has barely any to no control over his gamma, and i bet you can't show me a scan that says otherwise... Soooo, i don't see how Hulk can ever beat him physically still, and i can't imagine him BFRing Luffy (Can barely imagine him ever even having the chance to).

I really hate debating in these forums sometimes, can someone please call a mod and lock this?

I agree, biased comic readers who don't know anything about what they're debating against really annoys me. I don't understand how people think hulk can stomp a hyper-sonic, pre-cog, physically unhurtable Rubber man, with insane striking power and feats to boot.

This isn't some street-leveler, he's the prime example of physical versatility and he stands tall as one of the people at the top of the mid-tier. While Hulk literally has 2 things on him, strength and his HF, which Luffy doesn't even need because Hulk can't hurt him. Luffy's only been hurt in two ways from physical force, haki. And by bypassing his outside and either skillfully or by using a tool, hitting him internally and i doubt Hulk has the skill to hit him internally. NEVER has pure brute force ever hurt him, that's his whole schtick. the writer made sure that that one aspect of physics would not be ignored, and that people would have to hurt Luffy by other means.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Are you also glad about all the fallacies he brings in?