Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By eisjfiejss

@jwwprod said:

@themagicstik said:

@jwwprod said:
@themagicstik said:

@kingares109 said:

Isn't Anti-Monitor and Monitor 2 dIfferent beings?

Yes, AM destroyed the DC Multiverse and Monitor protected 5 Universes from being destroyed by AM.

Fixed :)

Explain your distinction between Multiverse and Omniverse, I want to hear why you're wrong.

Multiverse = a collection of universes.

Megaverse = a collection of multiverses.

Omniverse = every possible megaverse, multiverse dimension, universe, pocket universe, etc.

@iragexcudder said:

@themagicstik:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/thanos-with-infinity-gauntlet-vs-anti-monitor-27910/

The infinity gauntlet was omniversal before it got Retconned.

No the Infinity Gauntlet was never omniversal though it was multiversal.

You do realize that by your definitions, a Megaverse and Omniverse are both Multiverses as well, since they are essentially a collection of universes?

eisjfiejss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By eisjfiejss

@deathstroke19: IG was Megaverse in Ultraforce/Avengers,IG destroy two muiltiverses or infinite muiltiverses(maybe was Megaverse)

IG wins easily,Monitor only one Muiltiverse level

Another person who overrates the IG...plenty of less than universal beings have shown the ability to beat multiversal beings...same can be said for multiversal vs megaversal. Who is there to say that a multiverse can't be bigger than a megaverse? In fact a universe could be bigger than a megaverse. It just depends on people's interpretation. To say that the IG wins just because its Megaversal is rather irrelevant in terms of whether it would actually win this battle.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMG,TROLL GO AWAY

No Caption Provided

"Within the larger omniverse but enonmpassing more than a single mutliverse"

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Another person who overrates the IG...plenty of less than universal beings have shown the ability to beat multiversal beings

Which is normally done thru plot.

Infinity Gauntlet instance is actually pretty different, because a uni-direction blast from IG, destroyed 2 prime realities in 2 different multiverse and every reality in between. That, at the least covers more than one universe. We later, on Exiles Infinity, saw that one universe which isnt a part of either multiverse was destroyed.

Not it can not, when we know for a fact that multiverse is smaller than a megaverse.

Marvel did, given they hold the authority about the artifact in question i suppose that counts.

This is from Official Handbook of Marvel Universe 2005 - Alternate realities

No Caption Provided

Mega - "big" (used to imply a larger grouping than the multiverse)

Why would that be true?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for officialrikudousennin
OfficialRikudouSennin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naw bc I already picked Thanos earlier. With the IG, I don't think the Monitor can beat him. Quite honesty, I'm not sure who could beat Thanos when he has he IG.

OfficialRikudouSennin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naw bc I already picked Thanos earlier. With the IG, I don't think the Monitor can beat him. Quite honesty, I'm not sure who could beat Thanos when he has he IG.

are....you.......serious?

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carter_esque said:

...as a heart attack, yeah. I mean... he beat LT with it.... LT! lol

OfficialRikudouSennin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@officialrikudousennin said:

@carter_esque said:

but yet LT by a lot........look at beyonder and protégé

I mean beyonder would mop the floor with thanos with the IG

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carter_esque said:

@carter_esque said:

PR Beyonder? Yup I agree.

OfficialRikudouSennin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carter_esque said:

@carter_esque said:

Behinder would kill thano ad every marvel character in the omniverse....

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carter_esque said:

@carter_esque said:

@carter_esque said:

Pretty much

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisjfiejss said:

Another person who overrates the IG...plenty of less than universal beings have shown the ability to beat multiversal beings

Infinity Gauntlet instance is actually pretty different, because a uni-direction blast from IG, destroyed 2 prime realities in 2 different multiverse and every reality in between. That, at the least covers more than one universe. We later, on Exiles Infinity, saw that one universe which isnt a part of either multiverse was destroyed.

Not it can not, when we know for a fact that multiverse is smaller than a megaverse.

Marvel did, given they hold the authority about the artifact in question i suppose that counts.

This is from Official Handbook of Marvel Universe 2005 - Alternate realities

No Caption Provided

Mega - "big" (used to imply a larger grouping than the multiverse)

Why would that be true?

No Caption Provided

No,omniverse=infinite megaverse,megaverse=infinite multiverse,DC cosmos isnt match marvel cosmos

IG WINS

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like this thread got

No Caption Provided

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Killemall

No,omniverse=infinite megaverse,megaverse=infinite multiverse,DC cosmos isnt match marvel cosmos

IG WINS

I have never seen, anywhere, its been written that megaverse would have infinite nuber of multiverse in it, pretty much every description of megaverse i have come across says its a collection of universe, bigger than the multiverse, containing more than 1 multiverses.

More than 1 multiverse doesnt automatically equal to infinite multiverse , those are 2 very different scales.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thermos has just as impressive feat actually.

There is this whole twisted, parody to Infinity Gauntlet saga, where Thanos defeats Gods (even a writers avatar) on the technicality that they were gods, while Thanos is an atheist, and hence none of them have any dominion over him. It was, like Behinder's story, a "What The .... ? "issue.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: for battle threads all weapons and powers work so Thanos stomps with the IG.

that don't make sense... if a weapon is powerless in another reality... then that's what it should be... powerless... if the OP had not set a condition as such then you would have something there.

eisjfiejss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By eisjfiejss

@eisjfiejss said:

Actually, I was not referring specifically to the Infinity Gauntlet, but rather just talking about in general. And no, it isn't normally done through plot. Notice that I never said beings less than universal would actually beat multiversal ones, just that they have shown the potential to. In DOV, Captain Marvel amped with the magic across the universe was very close in defeating Spectre. Spectre is multiversal. I would hardly classify Captain Marvel as multiversal, but nonetheless he could most certainly have beaten Spectre if Spectre didn't fight with his best effort. All this shows is that a less than universal being could beat a multiversal one, so I don't see why people say "blah" is multiversal and "blah" is univeral, so the multiversal guy wins. Poorest argument I've seen.

Unfortunately, then, this information cannot apply to DC. Technically a multiverse in DC could be bigger than a megaverse in Marvel. I don't know why its so hard for people to get this, but because a megaverse is a collection of multiverses, and a multiverse is a collection of universes, a megaverse is essentially a collection of universes.

Example: We have a megaverse consisting of 10 multiverses, each with 10 universes. Then we have a separate multiverse with 100000000 universes. Would you really say the megaverse is bigger than the multiverse? No.

Just ask yourself why the country Canada is larger than the continent Austrialia, or why the state of Alaska is larger than the whole country of France. The thing is, you really don't know how big a megaverse can be. You could have a megaverse with millions of multiverses that are each so small that their sum still doesn't mount to a single universe that's really big. The statement you posted below is somewhat irrelevant as to why a universe would necessarily be smaller than a megaverse.

You mentioned that the IG "destroyed 2 prime realities in 2 different multiverse and every reality in between." Has any information really been given about how big those multiverses are? What makes you think destroying those realities was necessarily difficult in the first place? It's like Abraxas beating a bunch of featless alternate reality Galactuses. We really don't know how powerful those alternate reality Galactuses are. We can only make a few assumptions based on the mainstream Galactus, but apparently, the power of the mainstream Galactus is greater than all those alternate reality ones combined. In my opinion, if the IG were capable of destroying the mainstream 616 reality, that would be a much better feat than if it could destroy a bunch of "featless" multiverses that we know barely anything about.

Just to note I am in no way saying the IG would lose this particular battle.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman said:

IG WINS

I have never seen, anywhere, its been written that megaverse would have infinite nuber of multiverse in it, pretty much every description of megaverse i have come across says its a collection of universe, bigger than the multiverse, containing more than 1 multiverses.

More than 1 multiverse doesnt automatically equal to infinite multiverse , those are 2 very different scales.

No Caption Provided

No,I know there isnt said megaverse = infinite multiverse,but It's could mean infinite multiverse,and omniverse= infinite magaverse

OfficialRikudouSennin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

o.o wow

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By rolldestroyer

@killemall: The definition shown in the all new OHOTMU update, says that the megaverse encompasses the mainstream multiverse and all realities associated with Marvel:

No Caption Provided

Going by this definition, megaverse is essentially the same thing as the omniverse.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rolldestroyer: No,magaverse is still inside Omniverse

No Caption Provided

http://marvel.com/universe/Living_Tribunal

Very happy to see your scan,that mean magaverse = infinite multiverse,and Omniverse still much bigger than Magaverse

"

The living Tribunal also helped fashion the twin cosmic entities the

Brothers

, each who became the guardian of a different Megaverse, within the larger Omniverse but encompassing more than a single Multiverse.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No,I know there isnt said megaverse = infinite multiverse,but It's could mean infinite multiverse,and omniverse= infinite magaverse

There is no such mention anywhere, so i find it hard to simply assume thats the case.

@killemall: The definition shown in the all new OHOTMU update, says that the megaverse encompasses the mainstream multiverse and all realities associated with Marvel:

No Caption Provided

Going by this definition, megaverse is essentially the same thing as the omniverse.

The defination of Megaverse was never updates it always meant the same thing , all realities with marvel, while the idea was omniverse is something greater.

These are from the same 2005 Alternate Universes bios.

No Caption Provided

So yeah Megaverse encompassing every reality within marvel was always the idea and the idea of omniverse was even bigger.

It was all realities, full stop, not limited just to marvel, every single reality.

No Caption Provided

So if you look at even future definition of omniverse, it is defined as "all realities" without a limitation being placed on those realities being from marvel.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: Im well aware of the definition stated in LT's 2006 bio. But what you fail to realize is that these terms differ in meaning depending on the writer or the line of comics. Example being, in comics associated with Exiles the omniverse doesn't consist of multiverses much less megaverses, it only contains dimensions/universes, here are 2 instances:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

1st scan is from the end of the 1st Exiles series, 2nd one is from the beginning of New Exiles series.

Same thing with Captain Britain-related comics, you'll never find a captain britain comic that says the omniverse is made of multiverses, forget about megaverse. These are only found in handbooks. That's why you'll find that Roma/Merlyn are called the guardians of the omniverse in some instances, and guardians of the multiverse in others, because omniverse and multiverse are the same thing in those line of comics.

The definitions are not by any means consistent and standing, they differ.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By PowerWoman

@killemall: Good scan

But I still think megaverse is could be mean infinite,and marvel have omniverse

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: Perhaps i should clarify a bit: When i said "omniverse" i meant the marvel omniverse not the one that encompasses every fictional world including our own. Because as you well know (and as i showed in my previous post), marvel has depicted/referenced the omniverse plenty of times. So what im saying is that the marvel megaverse (in that definition not the one in LT's bio) = marvel omniverse

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rolldestroyer: I read mr master scan from KMC,I'm sure marvel have omniverse,and Roma/Merlyn is omniverse level,not multiverse,but I dont have these scan

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rolldestroyer: I read mr master scan from KMC,I'm sure marvel have omniverse,and Roma/Merlyn is omniverse level,not multiverse,but I dont have these scan

You don't have to post those, im aware of them,

Here's 1 instance from her bio which says that she is a guardian of the multiverse:

No Caption Provided

There are more.

But honestly, it's hard to get you understand when you haven't read the series, when you do, you'll realize that the terms multiverse and omniverse are used interchangeably (look up the definition of this word in case you don't know it).

So what im trying to say it, Roma is the guardian of the omniverse (and multiverse) because they're the same thing in the Excalibur (or captain britain) related comics. Or do you think it's a coincidence that the term "omniverse" gets mentioned/referenced much more in those titles than it does in the non-UK titles? Nah.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rolldestroyer: I belive mr master is right,I dont agree you point

Eh, i don't think you actually understand my point, because im not saying that Roma isn't an omniversal guardian, what im saying is that the omniverse has the same meaning as the multiverse does in those line of comics. They are used interchangeably.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman said:

@rolldestroyer: I belive mr master is right,I dont agree you point

Eh, i don't think you actually understand my point, because im not saying that Roma isn't an omniversal guardian, what im saying is that the omniverse has the same meaning as the multiverse does in those line of comics. They are used interchangeably.

100% right,I agree that,but not all time

No Caption Provided

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: Nice, but your scan is from Quasar #31. My whole point centers around the fact that the omniverse differs depending on the writer and the line of comics. Show me a similar instance stated in Excalibur or any Captain Britain related comic, im assuming you'll not find any.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rolldestroyer: Well,at least that can prove marvel have many many multiverse,not one

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rolldestroyer: Well,at least that can prove marvel have many many multiverse,not one

That's not the only instance, it was stated and even shown several times, and once it's stated that there are in fact infinite multiverses.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By PowerWoman

@powerwoman said:

That's not the only instance, it was stated and even shown several times, and once it's stated that there are in fact infinite multiverses.

This

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos pretty easily

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Monitor extremely easily. Why make this fight in DC instead of a neutral universe? To purposely make the IG unable to work?

wyrm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How powerful is The Monitor again ?

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Infinity Gauntlet is Powerless in the DC Universe... and since the Monitor Universe is in DC. Well, it looks like The Monitor won't have to worry about that power. The Mad Titan can still do damage here though.