#1 Posted by WillPayton (9173 posts) - - Show Bio

Monarch vs Zeus

..vs..

Random encounter, no holding back. No BFR. Who wins?

#2 Posted by King Saturn (223829 posts) - - Show Bio
Unless Zeus has done some High End Feats in the past few months... I am going with Monarch here. Monarch has Very High End Energy Manipulation.
#3 Posted by LubeMan (1067 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice fight, Still Zeus.

#4 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9184 posts) - - Show Bio
@LubeMan said:

Nice fight, Still Zeus.

Nope, even if Zeus wins he loses. 
He would probably breach Monarch's armor, not knowing there was a nasty surprise inside (Universal expolsion.) 
 
 
 
 
 
#5 Posted by LubeMan (1067 posts) - - Show Bio

Who say's Zeus needs to breach his Armour to win? Zeus isn't SMP, he's a skyfather with not only the strength/brawn to match, but abstract powers to boot. Still give me Zeus for the win, imo.

#6 Posted by Killemall (18274 posts) - - Show Bio

@LubeMan: Odin handled a blast of similar magnitude with 1 hand , no less, and easily channeled it away. Given how Marvel keeps Odin and Zeus as pretty much equal, in bios, few conversation and a short fight, i think Zeus can handle it as well.

#7 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus maybe.

#8 Posted by Nefarious (18764 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus wins.

#9 Posted by NeonGameWave (7703 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus should win.

#10 Posted by age_of_ultron_Prime2000 (1217 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus

#11 Posted by emmbro30 (249 posts) - - Show Bio

I too have to side with Zeus.

#12 Posted by LubeMan (1067 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@LubeMan: Odin handled a blast of similar magnitude with 1 hand , no less, and easily channeled it away. Given how Marvel keeps Odin and Zeus as pretty much equal, in bios, few conversation and a short fight, i think Zeus can handle it as well.

Agreed. Was going to say that I don't see a problem for Zeus handling/channelling that energy anyway, as King Saturn stated Monarch was a high end energy manipulator, he still doesn't compare to Zeus even in that department! Monarch's energy is just a playground for Zeus to play with, imo.

#13 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

Zeus wins.
#14 Posted by Hyper_God (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@LubeMan: Odin handled a blast of similar magnitude with 1 hand , no less, and easily channeled it away. Given how Marvel keeps Odin and Zeus as pretty much equal, in bios, few conversation and a short fight, i think Zeus can handle it as well.

As far as I know , Odin and Zeus have never really fought . If you're referring to Mephisto's tale from Journey into Mystery , I'd like to point out that all they had was an argument which was artistically portrayed as them coming to blows . However , to think that implies a literal fight took place is a stretch , especially seeing how they were in a place where the rules explicitly required all participants to come in peace , failing which they would incur the wrath of the Living Tribunal . While Fraction's Odin was admittedly a drooling , egomaniacal , arrogant jackass , I doubt even he would be stupid enough to try and test the LT's patience .

As far as the thread goes , Monarch for the solid majority . Mere statements without the necessary on-panel feats and fights to back them up carry little substance .

#15 Posted by laflux (14251 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyper_God said:

@Killemall said:

@LubeMan: Odin handled a blast of similar magnitude with 1 hand , no less, and easily channeled it away. Given how Marvel keeps Odin and Zeus as pretty much equal, in bios, few conversation and a short fight, i think Zeus can handle it as well.

As far as I know , Odin and Zeus have never really fought . If you're referring to Mephisto's tale from Journey into Mystery , I'd like to point out that all they had was an argument which was artistically portrayed as them coming to blows . However , to think that implies a literal fight took place is a stretch , especially seeing how they were in a place where the rules explicitly required all participants to come in peace , failing which they would incur the wrath of the Living Tribunal . While Fraction's Odin was admittedly a drooling , egomaniacal , arrogant jackass , I doubt even he would be stupid enough to try and test the LT's patience .

As far as the thread goes , Monarch for the solid majority . Mere statements without the necessary on-panel feats and fights to back them up carry little substance .

I'm inclined to agree with this. I personally don't doubt Zeus' power, but his versatility with it is quite poor.

#16 Posted by Killemall (18274 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyper_God said:

As far as I know , Odin and Zeus have never really fought . If you're referring to Mephisto's tale from Journey into Mystery , I'd like to point out that all they had was an argument which was artistically portrayed as them coming to blows . However , to think that implies a literal fight took place is a stretch , especially seeing how they were in a place where the rules explicitly required all participants to come in peace , failing which they would incur the wrath of the Living Tribunal . While Fraction's Odin was admittedly a drooling , egomaniacal , arrogant jackass , I doubt even he would be stupid enough to try and test the LT's patience .

As far as the thread goes , Monarch for the solid majority . Mere statements without the necessary on-panel feats and fights to back them up carry little substance .

Sounds good enough, but most bio as well as conversation they have had, pretty much portray them as equal. But yeah one's lacking feat, or i havent really gotten into reading a lot of Olympian verse.

#17 Posted by Hyper_God (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Hyper_God said:

As far as I know , Odin and Zeus have never really fought . If you're referring to Mephisto's tale from Journey into Mystery , I'd like to point out that all they had was an argument which was artistically portrayed as them coming to blows . However , to think that implies a literal fight took place is a stretch , especially seeing how they were in a place where the rules explicitly required all participants to come in peace , failing which they would incur the wrath of the Living Tribunal . While Fraction's Odin was admittedly a drooling , egomaniacal , arrogant jackass , I doubt even he would be stupid enough to try and test the LT's patience .

As far as the thread goes , Monarch for the solid majority . Mere statements without the necessary on-panel feats and fights to back them up carry little substance .

Sounds good enough, but most bio as well as conversation they have had, pretty much portray them as equal. But yeah one's lacking feat, or i havent really gotten into reading a lot of Olympian verse.

Zeus does have a few good feats here and there , but none of them compare to the power-displays that made Odin famous on battleboards , and they surely don't warrant a win against Monarch in this thread .

#18 Posted by Killemall (18274 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyper_God said:

Zeus does have a few good feats here and there , but none of them compare to the power-displays that made Odin famous on battleboards , and they surely don't warrant a win against Monarch in this thread .

Monarch doesnt himself has a lot of feats to go by though. Sure he fought and did exceeding well against a couple of GLs (3), a couple of Wonder Woman (2), couple of Superman (3) and finally a small army of Supemen (3 Supermen and 39 Captain Atom), but as far as high end feat goes thats about it.

We know his body can be breached by sufficient force, after all the Monarch armor has never been absolutely unbreakable and Captain Atom wasnt the first person to done the armor anyways, and we also know the energy expluged from Monarch suit can actually be prevented with shields, the way Solomon did in the same issue, and we also know the blast having destroyed the universe is a bit of a stretch given the planet they fought on was ok, probably thanks to the shield, but the issue went on to say the plant that survived in planet has chances of prolonged survival, and the fact that lights and stars seemed to be still present after the said explosion.

Not sure what Zeus high end feat is, but if he has shown the ability to tank and one shot Superman level character, Monarch isnt really flowing with feat to warrant a vastly more powerful stature though.

#19 Posted by Hyper_God (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Hyper_God said:

Zeus does have a few good feats here and there , but none of them compare to the power-displays that made Odin famous on battleboards , and they surely don't warrant a win against Monarch in this thread .

Monarch doesnt himself has a lot of feats to go by though. Sure he fought and did exceeding well against a couple of GLs (3), a couple of Wonder Woman (2), couple of Superman (3) and finally a small army of Supemen (3 Supermen and 39 Captain Atom), but as far as high end feat goes thats about it.

We know his body can be breached by sufficient force, after all the Monarch armor has never been absolutely unbreakable and Captain Atom wasnt the first person to done the armor anyways, and we also know the energy expluged from Monarch suit can actually be prevented with shields, the way Solomon did in the same issue, and we also know the blast having destroyed the universe is a bit of a stretch given the planet they fought on was ok, probably thanks to the shield, but the issue went on to say the plant that survived in planet has chances of prolonged survival, and the fact that lights and stars seemed to be still present after the said explosion.

Not sure what Zeus high end feat is, but if he has shown the ability to tank and one shot Superman level character, Monarch isnt really flowing with feat to warrant a vastly more powerful stature though.

And barring Prime , would you tell me who else has breached his armor ?

Beating armies of Supermen , GLs , Wonder Women , Captain Atoms etc . sounds more impressive than having trouble overpowering an average Avengers roster . Or struggling to overwhelm Thor alone . Plus , how many times has Zeus used shields against devastating energy attacks while in battle ?

Zeus has all but one high-end feat , and he had a vague and ambiguous amp during that time .

#20 Posted by Killemall (18274 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyper_God said:

And barring Prime , would you tell me who else has breached his armor ?

Beating armies of Supermen , GLs , Wonder Women , Captain Atoms etc . sounds more impressive than having trouble overpowering an average Avengers roster . Or struggling to overwhelm Thor alone . Plus , how many times has Zeus used shields against devastating energy attacks while in battle ?

Zeus has all but one high-end feat , and he had a vague and ambiguous amp during that time .

Barring Prime no one else has actually breached the armor on panel that i know of. But Hank Hall , the first monarch clearly said Justice League would beat him, knew he would lose and ran away. Then we have an amped up Monarch (Hank Hall again) scared of Zero Hour Parallax but i suppose thats understandable as to how powerful Parallax actually is. We also know the armor was made by the monitor and it was never explained or alluded to be unbreakable. In fact Monitor knowingly breached the body of Earth 51 Captain Atom from behind, without Captain Atom's knowledge , gave him the armor so he could try and start up the war, and was somehow going to beat him later and be the sole Monitor, what he did not bank on was how powerful Monarch would get because of the armor, or Monarch actually collecting an army of Superbeings from all over the multiverse.

Well that he did which was good, i would certainly put him higher than a Superman level being, that is why i was curious to what exactly Zeus's high end feats actually are. Also those are different encounter and the biggest army he fought was 39 Captain Atom and 3 Supermen from different universes which he won handily.

Just curious, what high end feat does Zeus has? Are you referring to Zues vs Galactus, because i can re-check that again but Chaos King bio is Marvel Blockbuster actually cements him being amped up Chaos King, as the issue kind of hinted.

Given his average showing i think Zeus would lose. Had it been Odin i could have made a solid case for him, as Thor verse is what i have read a lot on. Zeus dont know enough to compare :)

#21 Edited by Hyper_God (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

Just curious, what high end feat does Zeus has? Are you referring to Zues vs Galactus, because i can re-check that again but Chaos King bio is Marvel Blockbuster actually cements him being amped up Chaos King, as the issue kind of hinted.

Given his average showing i think Zeus would lose. Had it been Odin i could have made a solid case for him, as Thor verse is what i have read a lot on. Zeus dont know enough to compare :)

Yup . The reason I refer it as ambiguous is because of Pak's interview on cbr . He claims that Zeus is getting a minor boost from the Chaos King . I highly doubt that having the equivalent of thousands of pantheons worth gods within your body along with an Abstract being whom Eternity considers his equal should be called a minor amp . But who am I to argue with Greg Pak about a story he himself wrote . Which is why I call it a vague and ambiguous amp .

I have read issues he appears in , browsed through any respect thread I could find , read summaries of comics he appears in on LeadersLair . To date I have not found anything even remotely impressive enough to substantiate the claim that "Odin=Zeus" .

#22 Posted by Hyper_God (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Like you , I also would favor Odin , were he in this thread . But he's not , and his feats aren't exchangeable with Zeus .

Monarch wins .

#23 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4696 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Zeus? If so Zeus.

#25 Posted by dondave (34561 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Zeus? If so Zeus.

Do you have any spectacular feats for Zeus seeing as this thread is pretty lacking?

#26 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@green_skaar said:

Marvel Zeus? If so Zeus.

Do you have any spectacular feats for Zeus seeing as this thread is pretty lacking?

Image feature doesn't work on the computer I'm posting from, but I would reference the fight with Zeus and Odin. I agree with killemall that they've been shown to be near equals. Unfortunately when battles have participants with relatively few feats we have to give an educated guess of their implied power.

#27 Posted by Killemall (18274 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@green_skaar said:

Marvel Zeus? If so Zeus.

Do you have any spectacular feats for Zeus seeing as this thread is pretty lacking?

616 Zeus doesnt have any cool feat really. I created a whole Zeus chronology thread few months back incompassing every battle he has had including few before he was actually called Zeus all the way back to early 1940s where he was actually called Jupiter., plus few stuffs that would suggest his power level.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/zeus-chronology-1453646/