Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton

Monarch

No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

Zeus

Random encounter, no holding back. No BFR. Who wins?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By King_Saturn
Unless Zeus has done some High End Feats in the past few months... I am going with Monarch here. Monarch has Very High End Energy Manipulation.
LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LubeMan

Nice fight, Still Zeus.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@LubeMan said:

Nice fight, Still Zeus.

Nope, even if Zeus wins he loses. 
He would probably breach Monarch's armor, not knowing there was a nasty surprise inside (Universal expolsion.) 

LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LubeMan

Who say's Zeus needs to breach his Armour to win? Zeus isn't SMP, he's a skyfather with not only the strength/brawn to match, but abstract powers to boot. Still give me Zeus for the win, imo.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Killemall

@LubeMan: Odin handled a blast of similar magnitude with 1 hand , no less, and easily channeled it away. Given how Marvel keeps Odin and Zeus as pretty much equal, in bios, few conversation and a short fight, i think Zeus can handle it as well.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Stronger

Zeus maybe.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nefarious

Zeus wins.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NeonGameWave

Zeus should win.

Avatar image for age_of_ultron_prime2000
age_of_ultron_Prime2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Zeus

emmbro30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By emmbro30

I too have to side with Zeus.

LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LubeMan

@Killemall said:

@LubeMan: Odin handled a blast of similar magnitude with 1 hand , no less, and easily channeled it away. Given how Marvel keeps Odin and Zeus as pretty much equal, in bios, few conversation and a short fight, i think Zeus can handle it as well.

Agreed. Was going to say that I don't see a problem for Zeus handling/channelling that energy anyway, as King Saturn stated Monarch was a high end energy manipulator, he still doesn't compare to Zeus even in that department! Monarch's energy is just a playground for Zeus to play with, imo.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Nefarious said:

Zeus wins.
Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hyper_God

@Killemall said:

As far as I know , Odin and Zeus have never really fought . If you're referring to Mephisto's tale from Journey into Mystery , I'd like to point out that all they had was an argument which was artistically portrayed as them coming to blows . However , to think that implies a literal fight took place is a stretch , especially seeing how they were in a place where the rules explicitly required all participants to come in peace , failing which they would incur the wrath of the Living Tribunal . While Fraction's Odin was admittedly a drooling , egomaniacal , arrogant jackass , I doubt even he would be stupid enough to try and test the LT's patience .

As far as the thread goes , Monarch for the solid majority . Mere statements without the necessary on-panel feats and fights to back them up carry little substance .

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By laflux

@Hyper_God said:

@Killemall said:

As far as I know , Odin and Zeus have never really fought . If you're referring to Mephisto's tale from Journey into Mystery , I'd like to point out that all they had was an argument which was artistically portrayed as them coming to blows . However , to think that implies a literal fight took place is a stretch , especially seeing how they were in a place where the rules explicitly required all participants to come in peace , failing which they would incur the wrath of the Living Tribunal . While Fraction's Odin was admittedly a drooling , egomaniacal , arrogant jackass , I doubt even he would be stupid enough to try and test the LT's patience .

As far as the thread goes , Monarch for the solid majority . Mere statements without the necessary on-panel feats and fights to back them up carry little substance .

I'm inclined to agree with this. I personally don't doubt Zeus' power, but his versatility with it is quite poor.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Killemall

@Hyper_God said:

Sounds good enough, but most bio as well as conversation they have had, pretty much portray them as equal. But yeah one's lacking feat, or i havent really gotten into reading a lot of Olympian verse.

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hyper_God

@Killemall said:

@Hyper_God said:

Sounds good enough, but most bio as well as conversation they have had, pretty much portray them as equal. But yeah one's lacking feat, or i havent really gotten into reading a lot of Olympian verse.

Zeus does have a few good feats here and there , but none of them compare to the power-displays that made Odin famous on battleboards , and they surely don't warrant a win against Monarch in this thread .

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Killemall

@Hyper_God said:

Zeus does have a few good feats here and there , but none of them compare to the power-displays that made Odin famous on battleboards , and they surely don't warrant a win against Monarch in this thread .

Monarch doesnt himself has a lot of feats to go by though. Sure he fought and did exceeding well against a couple of GLs (3), a couple of Wonder Woman (2), couple of Superman (3) and finally a small army of Supemen (3 Supermen and 39 Captain Atom), but as far as high end feat goes thats about it.

We know his body can be breached by sufficient force, after all the Monarch armor has never been absolutely unbreakable and Captain Atom wasnt the first person to done the armor anyways, and we also know the energy expluged from Monarch suit can actually be prevented with shields, the way Solomon did in the same issue, and we also know the blast having destroyed the universe is a bit of a stretch given the planet they fought on was ok, probably thanks to the shield, but the issue went on to say the plant that survived in planet has chances of prolonged survival, and the fact that lights and stars seemed to be still present after the said explosion.

Not sure what Zeus high end feat is, but if he has shown the ability to tank and one shot Superman level character, Monarch isnt really flowing with feat to warrant a vastly more powerful stature though.

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hyper_God

@Killemall said:

@Hyper_God said:

Monarch doesnt himself has a lot of feats to go by though. Sure he fought and did exceeding well against a couple of GLs (3), a couple of Wonder Woman (2), couple of Superman (3) and finally a small army of Supemen (3 Supermen and 39 Captain Atom), but as far as high end feat goes thats about it.

We know his body can be breached by sufficient force, after all the Monarch armor has never been absolutely unbreakable and Captain Atom wasnt the first person to done the armor anyways, and we also know the energy expluged from Monarch suit can actually be prevented with shields, the way Solomon did in the same issue, and we also know the blast having destroyed the universe is a bit of a stretch given the planet they fought on was ok, probably thanks to the shield, but the issue went on to say the plant that survived in planet has chances of prolonged survival, and the fact that lights and stars seemed to be still present after the said explosion.

Not sure what Zeus high end feat is, but if he has shown the ability to tank and one shot Superman level character, Monarch isnt really flowing with feat to warrant a vastly more powerful stature though.

And barring Prime , would you tell me who else has breached his armor ?

Beating armies of Supermen , GLs , Wonder Women , Captain Atoms etc . sounds more impressive than having trouble overpowering an average Avengers roster . Or struggling to overwhelm Thor alone . Plus , how many times has Zeus used shields against devastating energy attacks while in battle ?

Zeus has all but one high-end feat , and he had a vague and ambiguous amp during that time .

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Killemall

@Hyper_God said:

And barring Prime , would you tell me who else has breached his armor ?

Beating armies of Supermen , GLs , Wonder Women , Captain Atoms etc . sounds more impressive than having trouble overpowering an average Avengers roster . Or struggling to overwhelm Thor alone . Plus , how many times has Zeus used shields against devastating energy attacks while in battle ?

Zeus has all but one high-end feat , and he had a vague and ambiguous amp during that time .

Barring Prime no one else has actually breached the armor on panel that i know of. But Hank Hall , the first monarch clearly said Justice League would beat him, knew he would lose and ran away. Then we have an amped up Monarch (Hank Hall again) scared of Zero Hour Parallax but i suppose thats understandable as to how powerful Parallax actually is. We also know the armor was made by the monitor and it was never explained or alluded to be unbreakable. In fact Monitor knowingly breached the body of Earth 51 Captain Atom from behind, without Captain Atom's knowledge , gave him the armor so he could try and start up the war, and was somehow going to beat him later and be the sole Monitor, what he did not bank on was how powerful Monarch would get because of the armor, or Monarch actually collecting an army of Superbeings from all over the multiverse.

Well that he did which was good, i would certainly put him higher than a Superman level being, that is why i was curious to what exactly Zeus's high end feats actually are. Also those are different encounter and the biggest army he fought was 39 Captain Atom and 3 Supermen from different universes which he won handily.

Just curious, what high end feat does Zeus has? Are you referring to Zues vs Galactus, because i can re-check that again but Chaos King bio is Marvel Blockbuster actually cements him being amped up Chaos King, as the issue kind of hinted.

Given his average showing i think Zeus would lose. Had it been Odin i could have made a solid case for him, as Thor verse is what i have read a lot on. Zeus dont know enough to compare :)

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hyper_God

@Killemall said:

Just curious, what high end feat does Zeus has? Are you referring to Zues vs Galactus, because i can re-check that again but Chaos King bio is Marvel Blockbuster actually cements him being amped up Chaos King, as the issue kind of hinted.

Given his average showing i think Zeus would lose. Had it been Odin i could have made a solid case for him, as Thor verse is what i have read a lot on. Zeus dont know enough to compare :)

Yup . The reason I refer it as ambiguous is because of Pak's interview on cbr . He claims that Zeus is getting a minor boost from the Chaos King . I highly doubt that having the equivalent of thousands of pantheons worth gods within your body along with an Abstract being whom Eternity considers his equal should be called a minor amp . But who am I to argue with Greg Pak about a story he himself wrote . Which is why I call it a vague and ambiguous amp .

I have read issues he appears in , browsed through any respect thread I could find , read summaries of comics he appears in on LeadersLair . To date I have not found anything even remotely impressive enough to substantiate the claim that "Odin=Zeus" .

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hyper_God

@Killemall: Like you , I also would favor Odin , were he in this thread . But he's not , and his feats aren't exchangeable with Zeus .

Monarch wins .

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel Zeus? If so Zeus.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel Zeus? If so Zeus.

Do you have any spectacular feats for Zeus seeing as this thread is pretty lacking?

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@green_skaar said:

Marvel Zeus? If so Zeus.

Do you have any spectacular feats for Zeus seeing as this thread is pretty lacking?

Image feature doesn't work on the computer I'm posting from, but I would reference the fight with Zeus and Odin. I agree with killemall that they've been shown to be near equals. Unfortunately when battles have participants with relatively few feats we have to give an educated guess of their implied power.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@green_skaar said:

Marvel Zeus? If so Zeus.

616 Zeus doesnt have any cool feat really. I created a whole Zeus chronology thread few months back incompassing every battle he has had including few before he was actually called Zeus all the way back to early 1940s where he was actually called Jupiter., plus few stuffs that would suggest his power level.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/zeus-chronology-1453646/

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@green_skaar said:

Marvel Zeus? If so Zeus.

616 Zeus doesnt have any cool feat really. I created a whole Zeus chronology thread few months back incompassing every battle he has had including few before he was actually called Zeus all the way back to early 1940s where he was actually called Jupiter., plus few stuffs that would suggest his power level.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/zeus-chronology-1453646/

Dude That was awsome Thanks .

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Monarch.

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus.

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Baron_von_Santa

Monarch beats Zeus. Being as sky father does not make you on odins level

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monarch

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monarch rips him in half

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monarch.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By pr0d1gy

@killemall said:

This.

Zues wins no sweat.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats for Zeus?

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monarch is technically above the Anti-Monitor considering the fact that he consistently belittles and makes a fool out of the Prime Monitor himself....not to mention, I'd say that taking on 51 different Captain Atom's, 3 Supermen, 3 Green Lanterns (one of them was KYLE), 3 Wonder Women, and Firestorm that he fought back to back above anything Zeus has done.

hyperion_13034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monarch stomps

He can throw quantum energy that rivals the Big Bang in Zeus's face

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monarch stomps

Zues = Odin.

Odin has stopped Universal attacks before. He also shook the Multiverse.

A Big Bang is nothing.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0d1gy said:
@hyperion_13034 said:

Monarch stomps

Zues = Odin.

A Big Bang is nothing.

When did Odin stop a universal attack? Was it an attack capable of destroying a universe? Scans?

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0d1gy said:
@hyperion_13034 said:

Monarch stomps

Zues = Odin.

A Big Bang is nothing.

When did Odin stop a universal attack? Was it an attack capable of destroying a universe? Scans?

He also tore at the Multiverse.

hyperion_13034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By hyperion_13034

@pr0d1gy: lmao a big bang is nothing ? Are you implying Zeus can take a big bang to the face ? Cuz that would be ridiculous...

Also feats of Odin tanking or stopping universal attacks ? He shook the multi verse that's nice lol does not mean he's multiversal, not even close everyone knows Odin is not multiversal lmao. Odin is not even universal

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By 20damon

Zeus can not, i repeat, Zeus can NOT claim Odin's feats because they are STATED to be equal. Zeus in near featless.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@20damon said:

Zeus can not, i repeat, Zeus can NOT claim Odin's feats because they are STATED to be equal. Zeus in near featless.

Statements are true until contradicted.

HelixFlameYT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good fight Zeus should win.