Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By King_Saturn
@superdemon said:

" @King Saturn said:

" I am gonna back Monarch for the win here "
Any specific reason? "
dude ran through multiple Supermen and Captain Atoms at once IIRC...
superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By superdemon
@King Saturn said:
" @superdemon said:
" @King Saturn said:
Any specific reason? "
dude ran through multiple Supermen and Green Lanterns at once IIRC... "
At that time Warlock was pretty much equal to Silver Surfer. Magus was smacking them, and Thanos around.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn
@superdemon said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @superdemon said:
" @King Saturn said:
Any specific reason? "
At that time Warlock was pretty much equal to Silver Surfer. Magus was smacking them, and Thanos around. "
not as impressive as what Monarch has done... smacking around Thanos is one thing... defeating multiple Supermen and Captain Atoms at once is more impressive IMO... 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
I aint posting the whole battle... cause I do not feel like looking for all the scans...
superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By superdemon

Well, some people believe Thanos' power was doubled during the Magus saga. Magus had created an exact Thanos clone. They fought, and one of them won. He changed the other into a butterfly and ate him, essentially absorbing the others power permanently.  So bringing it to Thanos is more impressive, IMO, than most give him credit for, as I do believe he did doubled his power.

I don't know how to call it.

FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FinalStar86

Monarch pretty easily

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King_Saturn
@superdemon said:
" Well, some people believe Thanos' power was doubled during the Magus saga. Magus had created an exact Thanos clone. They fought, and one of them won. He changed the other into a butterfly and ate him, essentially absorbing the others power permanently.  So bringing it to Thanos is more impressive, IMO, than most give him credit for, as I do believe he did doubled his power.  I don't know how to call it. "
well now... some people need to bring something to show that Thanos power was truly doubled during that arc... otherwise just saying it does not mean much... 
superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By superdemon
@King Saturn said:
" @superdemon said:
" Well, some people believe Thanos' power was doubled during the Magus saga. Magus had created an exact Thanos clone. They fought, and one of them won. He changed the other into a butterfly and ate him, essentially absorbing the others power permanently.  So bringing it to Thanos is more impressive, IMO, than most give him credit for, as I do believe he did doubled his power.  I don't know how to call it. "
well now... some people need to bring something to show that Thanos power was truly doubled during that arc... otherwise just saying it does not mean much...  "
It's actually obvious that he was upgraded

Here

Here

Here

Here
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By King_Saturn
@superdemon said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @superdemon said:
well now... some people need to bring something to show that Thanos power was truly doubled during that arc... otherwise just saying it does not mean much...  "

Here

Here

Here

Here "
this does not answer the question at hand though... Thanos could have been upgraded and NOT doubled in power... and since I do not see where it says his power doubled... the question still lingers... 
superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By superdemon
@King Saturn said:

" @superdemon said:

" @King Saturn said:
" @superdemon said:

Here

Here

Here

Here "
this does not answer the question at hand though... Thanos could have been upgraded and NOT doubled in power... and since I do not see where it says his power doubled... the question still lingers...  "
He absorbed his clone who was an exact copy of Thanos who was said to have even GREATER power than Thanos. So it probably did more than simply double him. Here
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By King_Saturn
@superdemon said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @superdemon said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @superdemon said:

Here

Here

Here

Here "
this does not answer the question at hand though... Thanos could have been upgraded and NOT doubled in power... and since I do not see where it says his power doubled... the question still lingers...  "
He absorbed his clone who was an exact copy of Thanos who was said to have ever GREATER power than Thanos. So it probably did more than simply double him. Here "
maybe... it's still an assumption... even if I gave you this... I still take Monarch feat over Magus feat anyday... 
superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By superdemon
@King Saturn:   

Well, I mean I think it's fair to say that augmenting yourself with something just as powerful as you would double your power. Augmenting yourself with something more powerful would do even more. Its logical.

And maybe you're right about the feats. It's hard to say. 

I'm undecided for now. XP
Warcry80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Warcry80
@King Saturn said:
" @superdemon said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @superdemon said:
" @King Saturn said:
Any specific reason? "
At that time Warlock was pretty much equal to Silver Surfer. Magus was smacking them, and Thanos around. "
not as impressive as what Monarch has done... smacking around Thanos is one thing... defeating multiple Supermen and Captain Atoms at once is more impressive IMO... 

I aint posting the whole battle... cause I do not feel like looking for all the scans... "

Don't forget the only time he was injured it was by a Gaurdian charged Super Boy/Man Prime! I have to go with monarch as well in this one.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By King_Saturn
@superdemon said:

" @King Saturn:    Well, I mean I think it's fair to say that absorbing something just as powerful as you would double your power. Its logical.  And maybe you're right about the feats. It's hard to say. lol I'm undecided for now. "

Well... what feats did Thanos show after this to say his Power was Much Greater though... what did he do in this form to say he was much more powerful now then before... 

superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By superdemon
@King Saturn said:

" @superdemon said:

" @King Saturn:   
Well, I mean I think it's fair to say that augmenting yourself with something just as powerful as you would double your power. Augmenting yourself with something more powerful would do even more. Its logical.

what feats did Thanos show after this to say his Power was Much Greater though... what did he do in this form to say he was much more powerful now then before... 

"
Stalemated Tyrant for 1. And no, he was not amped by the orb. In order for the ord to amp you you have to use tech - just like Tyrant does. Thanos was seen after the fight attempting to amp himself, with tech.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By King_Saturn
@superdemon said:
" @King Saturn said:

" @superdemon said:

" @King Saturn:   

what feats did Thanos show after this to say his Power was Much Greater though... what did he do in this form to say he was much more powerful now then before... 

"
Stalemated Tyrant for 1. And no, he was not amped by the orb. In order for the ord to amp you you have to use tech - just like Tyrant does. Thanos was seen after the fight attempting to amp himself. "
well technically Thanos used the Orb in the battle though... he may have not been amped by the Orb... but I do recall him using the power of the orb at some point to attack Tyrant IIRC... also, is this something that really shows that Thanos power was doubled though ? I mean at regular levels was not Thanos able to match the power of In Betweener and even hold up to Odin... or was he powered up then too ?
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By MrDirector786
@FinalStar86 said:
" Monarch pretty easily "

superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By superdemon
@King Saturn said:

" @superdemon said:

" @King Saturn said:

" @superdemon said:

" @King Saturn:   

"
Stalemated Tyrant for 1. And no, he was not amped by the orb. In order for the ord to amp you you have to use tech - just like Tyrant does. Thanos was seen after the fight attempting to amp himself. "
well technically Thanos used the Orb in the battle though... he may have not been amped by the Orb... but I do recall him using the power of the orb at some point to attack Tyrant IIRC... also, is this something that really shows that Thanos power was doubled though ? I mean at regular levels was not Thanos able to match the power of In Betweener and even hold up to Odin... or was he powered up then too ? "
 Yes, he blasted Tyrant with the orb twice. But when they were in an arm lock, it was pure strength on Thanos' part. Tyrant even said he was humbled by Thanos.

I'm pretty positive this doppelganger amping is what put him up to those levels. I'd have to go home and dig through my collection of Thanos comics and verify 100% though. But I'm almost positive. 

IIRC he had an infinity gem vs the Inbetweener didn't he though?

And just to throw this out there, if Thanos did succeed in amping himself with Tyrants orb, that would put him on even higher levels. But that's neither here nor there right now. =P
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By King_Saturn
@superdemon said:

" @King Saturn said:

" @superdemon said:

" @King Saturn said:

" @superdemon said:

" @King Saturn:   

"
well technically Thanos used the Orb in the battle though... he may have not been amped by the Orb... but I do recall him using the power of the orb at some point to attack Tyrant IIRC... also, is this something that really shows that Thanos power was doubled though ? I mean at regular levels was not Thanos able to match the power of In Betweener and even hold up to Odin... or was he powered up then too ? "
I'm pretty positive this amping is what put him up to those levels. I'd have to go home and dig through my collection of Thanos comics and verify 100% though. But I'm almost positive.   IIRC he had an infinity gem vs the Inbetweener didn't he though? "
he had a Gem when he fought In Betweener... but I do not think he was using it at all times against In Betweener...  
also... I still do not see a real distinction between what Thanos can do at normal levels and when his power Doubled... technically I always thought Thanos could have hung with Odin or In Betweener briefly under his own power... 
superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By superdemon
@King Saturn said:

" @superdemon said:

" @King Saturn said:

" @superdemon said:

" @King Saturn said:

" @superdemon said:

" @King Saturn:   

"
I'm pretty positive this amping is what put him up to those levels. I'd have to go home and dig through my collection of Thanos comics and verify 100% though. But I'm almost positive.   IIRC he had an infinity gem vs the Inbetweener didn't he though? "
he had a Gem when he fought In Betweener... but I do not think he was using it at all times against In Betweener...  
also... I still do not see a real distinction between what Thanos can do at normal levels... and what he supposedly can do with this double in power... 
"
 Thought so. And I'm not sure. I could look for scans if you want.

I'll dig some stuff up and make some comparisons when I get home on the different power levels. Augmentation is part of Thanos' character though. He is constantly seeking ways of augmenting himself. Where it be an item, or permanent augmentation. Its not hard to believe he was upgraded.

And he hung with Odin for 13 pages and was still ready to go longer. Under his original power, post or pre death upgrade, I doubt he could have done that.
superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By superdemon
@superdemon said:

" @King Saturn said:  Yes, he blasted Tyrant with the orb twice. But when they were in an arm lock, it was pure strength on Thanos' part. Tyrant even said he was humbled by Thanos. I'm pretty positive this doppelganger amping is what put him up to those levels. I'd have to go home and dig through my collection of Thanos comics and verify 100% though. But I'm almost positive.   IIRC he had an infinity gem vs the Inbetweener didn't he though? 

And just to throw this out there, if Thanos did succeed in amping himself with Tyrants orb, that would put him on even higher levels. But that's neither here nor there right now. =P "
TheFallenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheFallenOne

With rules you posted Monarch shoul take this one.
superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By superdemon
@TheFallenOne said:
" With rules you posted Monarch shoul take this one. "
I'm beginning to agree.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By King_Saturn
@superdemon said:

" @King Saturn said:

" @superdemon said:
" @King Saturn said:

" @superdemon said:

" @King Saturn said:

" @superdemon said:

" @King Saturn:   

"
also... I still do not see a real distinction between what Thanos can do at normal levels... and what he supposedly can do with this double in power... 
"
 Thought so. And I'm not sure. I could look for scans if you want. I'll dig some stuff up and make some comparisons when I get home on the different power levels. Augmentation is part of Thanos' character though. He is constantly seeking ways of augmenting himself. Where it be an item, or permanent augmentation. Its not hard to believe he was upgraded. "
Thanos upgrading himself in general isnt the issue here... it's what he can do with this specific power double compared to when he was at normal levels... also, Thanos with the power double seems more like the Normal Thanos that is often used on this site in the Battle Forums... even if Thanos did augment himself and double his level of power... this augmented version of Thanos is more like the Thanos we normally use in the Battle Forums here... so your point almost becomes moot since we tend to use the Thanos who was able to to hold up to In Betweener, Odin, etc. in the Battles on this site... 
superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By superdemon
@King Saturn said:

" @superdemon said:

" @King Saturn said:

" @superdemon said:
" @King Saturn said:

" @superdemon said:

" @King Saturn said:

" @superdemon said:

" @King Saturn:   

"
"
 Thought so. And I'm not sure. I could look for scans if you want. I'll dig some stuff up and make some comparisons when I get home on the different power levels. Augmentation is part of Thanos' character though. He is constantly seeking ways of augmenting himself. Where it be an item, or permanent augmentation. Its not hard to believe he was upgraded. "
Thanos upgrading himself in general isnt the issue here... it's what he can do with this specific power double compared to when he was at normal levels... also, Thanos with the power double seems more like the Normal Thanos that is often used on this site in the Battle Forums... even if Thanos did augment himself and double his level of power... this augmented version of Thanos is more like the Thanos we normally use in the Battle Forums here... so your point almost becomes moot since we tend to use the Thanos who was able to to hold up to In Betweener, Odin, etc. in the Battles on this site...  "
Not really. Some people around here don't even consider Thanos a planet buster. Most think current Surfer can beat him. He had shown us that he can fly and bust planets way before his Death upgrade, even. And then he's received multiple augmentations since then. Personally, I believe that even at his Odin fight level, he could mop the floor with Current Surfer.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By King_Saturn
@superdemon said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @superdemon said:

" @King Saturn said:

" @superdemon said:
" @King Saturn said:

" @superdemon said:

" @King Saturn said:

" @superdemon said:

" @King Saturn:   

"
"
Thanos upgrading himself in general isnt the issue here... it's what he can do with this specific power double compared to when he was at normal levels... also, Thanos with the power double seems more like the Normal Thanos that is often used on this site in the Battle Forums... even if Thanos did augment himself and double his level of power... this augmented version of Thanos is more like the Thanos we normally use in the Battle Forums here... so your point almost becomes moot since we tend to use the Thanos who was able to to hold up to In Betweener, Odin, etc. in the Battles on this site...  "
Not really. Some people around here don't even consider Thanos a planet buster. Most think current Curfer can beat him. He had shown us that he can fly and bust planets way before his Death upgrade, even. And then he's received multiple augmentations since then. Personally, I believe that even at his Odin fight level, he could mop the floor with Current Surfer. "
but see you are talking about some people... I can not vouch for everyone on the site... but in general those feats of Thanos holding his own against Odin and In Betweener are attributed to Thanos at normal levels... at least from what I know from the decent minds on this site... and you are right Thanos has received multiple augmentations... but for the most part they go unnoticed and are attributed to Thanos at normal levels still...  
superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By superdemon

Fair enough.

I've come to the opinion that Monarch wins. 

XP

Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Valtot

thanos wasnt holding his own odin was going easy on him but odin was suprised by thanos's power so even while holding back thanos never really stood a chance at all so holding his own isnt really the thing to say for that fight
superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By superdemon
@Valtot said:
" thanos wasnt holding his own odin was going easy on him but odin was suprised by thanos's power so even while holding back thanos never really stood a chance at all so holding his own isnt really the thing to say for that fight "
Odin was going easy, yet he destroyed parts of Asgard, and sent Asgardians fleeing from their homes? 

Right.... 

lol Odin even said he was the toughest foe he's fought in Eons. 
Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Valtot
@superdemon:
what fight are yous talking about im talking about odin smacking around surfer and thanos
superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By superdemon
@Valtot said:
" @superdemon: what fight are yous talking about im talking about odin smacking around surfer and thanos "
Odin one shotted Surfer. And yes, I'm talking about the same fight. You're also neglecting to mention that Thanos didn't even want to fight. Plus, like I've already said..  he destroyed parts of Asgard, and sent Asgardians fleeing from their homes. He also said   he was the toughest foe he's fought in Eons. 
Avatar image for riseofapocalypse
RiseofApocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RiseofApocalypse
@superdemon said:
" @King Saturn:   

Well, I mean I think it's fair to say that augmenting yourself with something just as powerful as you would double your power. Augmenting yourself with something more powerful would do even more. Its logical.  And maybe you're right about the feats. It's hard to say.   I'm undecided for now. XP "
Have you read Arena? Monarch was a beast in that story.
superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By superdemon

I know. lol 

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By czarny_samael666

Monarch IMO.

law1602

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monarch

yaroa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monarch

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Magus soul haxs Monarch to death, whom can't do anything about it but well, get hit.

jc9865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monarch

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monarch would beat classic magus that's 8n the op. But latest magus stomps

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monarch would beat classic magus that's 8n the op. But latest magus stomps

"classic" Magus still had soul hax, so this is completely incorrect.

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on how serious Monarch is, because he can easily blitz

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ProfessorRespect
@whathappened said:

Depends on how serious Monarch is, because he can easily blitz

Monarch blitzing is pretty bizarre. Most of his fights is him standing or not moving very much: mostly because he doesn't need to do so, and the fact that he just isn't that fast in general.

SirDragonFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monarch solos fodder

Magus can't even beat Thanos

SirDragonFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SirDragonFly

@professorrespect said:

Monarch blitzing is pretty bizarre. Most of his fights is him standing or not moving very much: mostly because he doesn't need to do so, and the fact that he just isn't that fast in general.

use your brain

all this proves is that Monarch is so freaking fast that even on the panel he looks like he is frozen in place

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monarch

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: eh but more modern magus is more powerful overall. Busted many planets as a side effect

law1602

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers