This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Edited by BatDance (2206 posts) - - Show Bio

 
Superman dies
 
 @Johnny_Nemesis said:

" Why would someone make this fight... "

Superboy fan wankers come out with all kinds of crazy stuff
#152 Posted by TruePwnge (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

All version of Superman could attack Molecule Man all at the same time and they would still fail
 

#153 Posted by Omg chris (1590 posts) - - Show Bio
@TruePwnge said:
" All version of Superman could attack Molecule Man all at the same time and they would still fail
 
"
quite trolling posting irrevalent scans your so annoying
#154 Edited by RaDicalCannibal (970 posts) - - Show Bio

  Molecule Man.
 
 
I must warn you all i'm being bias, I hate Superman, even if it was Toad vs Superman i'd say Toad =D
 
Even though i agree Molecule boy wins

#155 Edited by MKF30 (11528 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes due to speed blitz, and if this is say Silver Age Superman then I'm definitely voting for Supey here. Like few people said on the first few pages I agree, it all really depends on the first move.
#156 Posted by MisterGuyMan (2028 posts) - - Show Bio

Just to piggyback on the point, MM's matter manipulation is permanent.  If his last known configuration was at cosmic auto defense, then until he actively changes it, then he stays there.  
 
If he's trading blows with Beyonder, he's well above Superman league.  If Speed blitzing were his Achilles' heel, then he would never have stood toe to toe against Beyonder.
 
A better matchup would be Golden Superman Prime.

#157 Posted by MKF30 (11528 posts) - - Show Bio

As rigged as some may believe SA Supes is, it's nothing compared to Pre Beyonder(still SA supes did things that were like wow at times)...Beyonder was just uber lame with how rigged he was honestly if you ask me lol. At least with Superman, it's "Superman" an iconic character. 
 
Still, I'll stand on my first post to each his own ;)
 

#158 Posted by Ownerz (1098 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buckshot said:
"

Superman. Unless Molecule Man has FTL reaction time, how does he do anything before Superman hits him or burns him to ash with heat vision?

"
#159 Posted by FLCL1 (9287 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ownerz said:
" @Buckshot said:
"

Superman. Unless Molecule Man has FTL reaction time, how does he do anything before Superman hits him or burns him to ash with heat vision?

"
"

yes he is why isnt this locked
#160 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio
@MKF30 said:
" Supes due to speed blitz, and if this is say Silver Age Superman then I'm definitely voting for Supey here. Like few people said on the first few pages I agree, it all really depends on the first move. "
You don't know anything about Owen, do you?  He would own Supes.
#161 Posted by MKF30 (11528 posts) - - Show Bio

I do, do you know SA Supes and his ridiculous powers? lol sneezing away a solar system, yeah....

#162 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15040 posts) - - Show Bio

Catwoman

#163 Posted by Preacherl2k (437 posts) - - Show Bio

 Molecule Man, IMO.

#164 Posted by Ultimate Joker (781 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" Catwoman "
What?
#165 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins.

#166 Posted by Ultimate Joker (781 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:
" Superman wins. "
Nah, man. Molecule Man would rip him to shreds. Superman would have to be aware of what MM can do before he'd speed-blitz, not to mention it depends on what "setting" his body was last set to.
#167 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ultimate Joker: Technically, we are to assume that morals do not apply unless stated, so under those conditions Superman would speed blitz. Besides, he has resisted the effects of reality manipulation before.
#168 Posted by Ultimate Joker (781 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Ultimate Joker: Technically, we are to assume that morals do not apply unless stated, so under those conditions Superman would speed blitz. Besides, he has resisted the effects of reality manipulation before. "
When? I'd like to see the scans. Reality manipulation and molecule manipulation are two separate things, so I'd like to see some feats of him resisting his molecules directly being warped, ESPECIALLY on the level of pre-retcon Beyonder. There's just no way Supes would EVER defeat Beyonder, and Owen was able to go toe-to-toe with that dude.
#169 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ultimate Joker: Unfortunately I don't have the scans for you. Apologies.
 
Actually, we don't know if it is current MM or pre-retcon MM. Current MM was the version I was going with.
#170 Posted by Ultimate Joker (781 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate undefined rules, characters and settings for a battle thread. -_- The more recent one was still excruciatingly powerful to my knowledge, but PR MM would be a stomp. Now, I don't deny that IF his "setting" was at a lower level and his reaction time not real high a speed blitz probably would seal the deal, but anything more and Supes is in big trouble with this round. It's kind of a weak match-up to be honest; one way it could be set up MM curbstomps, the other Supes speed-blitzes. Kinda lame, but oh well. 
 
No worries on the scans - I can wait for whoever's got 'em to present them to me so I can evaluate how impressive they are.

#171 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ultimate Joker: I pretty much agree with your evaluation
#172 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15040 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman outsmarts like the FF do

#173 Posted by Myth2009 (77 posts) - - Show Bio

I often wonder when people post on here do the bother reading up on characters (bio section)  even if they haven't  read the comic books the characters have appeared on .   Read molecule man's bio and you will see he wins this
 
This is a guy who has been able to create a galaxy with ease and this is still being debated....tell me superman ain't overrated. 

#174 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Myth2009: Have you read anything with Molecule Man in it? He hasn't been that powerful in twenty years.
#175 Edited by Myth2009 (77 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:

" @Myth2009: Have you read anything with Molecule Man in it? He hasn't been that powerful in twenty years. "

You are trying to tell me that the current incarnation of molecule man that took on sentry recently can't beat superman?
#176 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Myth2009: You did see that fight ended with The Void making him look like a fool, right?
#177 Posted by Ultimate Joker (781 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Myth2009: You did see that fight ended with The Void making him look like a fool, right? "
Meh, that was molecule manipulation coming out from %(&#@(% nowhere. Sentry gets powers to grow out of his @$$ whenever the plot needs it. Supeman doesn't have molecule manipulation, so, not really a good comparison.
#178 Posted by Myth2009 (77 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida: 
 
I could have sworn it was superman vs molecule man not void
#179 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Myth2009: I was just showing that he isn't as all powerful as you were saying. Your little statement cuts both ways, though.
 
Superman >>>>>>> Sentry.
 
He can travel at FTL speeds. More than fast enough to put Owen in the ground before he can blink.
#180 Posted by Myth2009 (77 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ultimate Joker said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Myth2009: You did see that fight ended with The Void making him look like a fool, right? "
Meh, that was molecule manipulation coming out from %(&#@(% nowhere. Sentry gets powers to grow out of his @$$ whenever the plot needs it. Supeman doesn't have molecule manipulation, so, not really a good comparison. "
exactly.....apples to oranges.
#181 Edited by Myth2009 (77 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida: 
 
People keep harping on that  but guess what he merely just have to think not move/react physically .   Considering that thoughts are electrical impulses and electricity travel at the speed of light that advantage is null and void
#182 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Myth2009 said:
" @Ferro Vida:   People keep harping on that  but guess what he merely just have to think not move/react .   Considering that thoughts are electrical impulses and electricity travel at the speed of light that advantage is null and void "
Wrong, electricity travels at the fraction of the speed of light.
#183 Posted by Myth2009 (77 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida: 
 
ok how about this wrong you are thinking in terms of moving through a conductor I'm thinking in terms of the movement of  electrons
#184 Edited by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Myth2009: The speed of thought is roughly between 550 to 750 milliseconds. That is how long it takes for a normal human being to comprehend something. Light travels at 299792.458 km/s, or 299.792458 km/millisecond.
#185 Posted by Myth2009 (77 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida: 
 
for a normal human yes
Owen isn't normal
#186 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Myth2009: You're right, he's under psychiatric care
#187 Posted by BatDance (2206 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tevnoba said:
"
Billions of Feints, Parries and Attacks per Second
Please note the speed described by The Beyonder.  Billions of Feints, Parries and Attacks per second.  Sounds "just a bit past light speed to me" (no sarcasm intended {clears throat}).  And, should we assume that when he was facing Molecule Man at full power, there battle was not beyond mortal comprehension?  I think it would be.  Therefor Molecule Man can deal with some one moving much, much, much, much faster than the speed of light!  Supes' Speed is irrelevant to this conflict.  Molecule Man Wins! "
Why is this thread still going?
 
Oh yeah Bendis smoked some LSD, read the Bible and thought it was all about the Sentry
#188 Posted by Myth2009 (77 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida: 
 
all the more reason he's gonna whoop that @$$
#189 Edited by Myth2009 (77 posts) - - Show Bio
@BatDance said:

" @Tevnoba said:

"
Billions of Feints, Parries and Attacks per Second
Please note the speed described by The Beyonder.  Billions of Feints, Parries and Attacks per second.  Sounds "just a bit past light speed to me" (no sarcasm intended {clears throat}).  And, should we assume that when he was facing Molecule Man at full power, there battle was not beyond mortal comprehension?  I think it would be.  Therefor Molecule Man can deal with some one moving much, much, much, much faster than the speed of light!  Supes' Speed is irrelevant to this conflict.  Molecule Man Wins! "
Why is this thread still going?  Oh yeah Bendis smoked some LSD, read the Bible and thought it was all about the Sentry "
Hey thanks....I almost forgot about that fight....isn't that secret wars 2?  I read that years ago
#190 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Myth2009: How do you figure that?
#191 Edited by Myth2009 (77 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:

" @Myth2009: How do you figure that? "

I'll  let you figure that out on your own besides Batdance just proved my point,  so I'm out.
#192 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Myth2009 said:
" @Ferro Vida said:

" @Myth2009: How do you figure that? "

I'll  let you figure that out on your own besides Batdance just proved my point,  so I'm out. "
1) AKA You got nothing.
2) If you're relying on Batdance to save your argument then you really have nothing.
3) That scan wasn't current MM.
4) Batdance didn't prove anything.
#193 Posted by Porlos (992 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes doesn't have the tools to take Molecule Man out.  He'd need to beg The Void to help him here, since the Void had what it took to take the Molecule Man out. 

#194 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Porlos: Besides the fact that he can move faster then MM can think.
#195 Posted by Myth2009 (77 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Myth2009 said:
" @Ferro Vida said:

" @Myth2009: How do you figure that? "

I'll  let you figure that out on your own besides Batdance just proved my point,  so I'm out. "
1) AKA You got nothing.
2) If you're relying on Batdance to save your argument then you really have nothing. 3) That scan wasn't current MM. 4) Batdance didn't prove anything. "
 @Ferro Vida said:
" @Porlos: Besides the fact that he can move faster then MM can think. " 

 
Against a character who manipulate reality that's all you can come up with....unbelievable...now I see why some people  around here hate superman.  Its not because of the character.  Its because of the fan base who let their emotional attachment cloud their judgment.
#196 Posted by Porlos (992 posts) - - Show Bio
@Myth2009 said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Myth2009 said:
" @Ferro Vida said:

" @Myth2009: How do you figure that? "

I'll  let you figure that out on your own besides Batdance just proved my point,  so I'm out. "
1) AKA You got nothing.
2) If you're relying on Batdance to save your argument then you really have nothing. 3) That scan wasn't current MM. 4) Batdance didn't prove anything. "
 @Ferro Vida said:
" @Porlos: Besides the fact that he can move faster then MM can think. " 

 
Against a character who manipulate reality that's all you can come up with....unbelievable...now I see why some people  around here hate superman.  Its not because of the character.  Its because of the fan base who let their emotional attachment cloud their judgment. "
Yeah, I tend to think the marvel battle boards are better for accurate assessments of Superman.  They still give him respect, as I do, but there arent as many diehard fans on there that will cry if he loses a thread.  On this thread he obviously loses badly to Owen, the counter arguments for Supes have been rather lackluster, no offense to anyone who has made them.
#197 Posted by MKF30 (11528 posts) - - Show Bio

Sometimes I think people make "one sided" matches in spite, I mean put Spectre say vs. Sentry, who wins? Duhhh lol....But god knows there's uber powerful versions of Superman that's just ridiculous(as does Marvel have some characters as well too powerful)

#198 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Porlos said:
" @Myth2009 said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Myth2009 said:
" @Ferro Vida said:

" @Myth2009: How do you figure that? "

I'll  let you figure that out on your own besides Batdance just proved my point,  so I'm out. "
1) AKA You got nothing.
2) If you're relying on Batdance to save your argument then you really have nothing. 3) That scan wasn't current MM. 4) Batdance didn't prove anything. "
 @Ferro Vida said:
" @Porlos: Besides the fact that he can move faster then MM can think. " 

 
Against a character who manipulate reality that's all you can come up with....unbelievable...now I see why some people  around here hate superman.  Its not because of the character.  Its because of the fan base who let their emotional attachment cloud their judgment. "
Yeah, I tend to think the marvel battle boards are better for accurate assessments of Superman.  They still give him respect, as I do, but there arent as many diehard fans on there that will cry if he loses a thread.  On this thread he obviously loses badly to Owen, the counter arguments for Supes have been rather lackluster, no offense to anyone who has made them. "
I am not a Superman fanboy. I don't even read DC. I just realize that someone who travels at FTL speeds can move faster than someone with normal human reaction time. I actually found the math to back this statement up and you both ignored it. If you don't have an argument to counter then say that, but don't try to shrug it off an call it fanboyism. I have not claimed anything that Superman has not demonstrated the ability to do. You have both claimed that MM not only can react faster than the speed of light, but that he can still do things that he has not been able to do in almost twenty years.
#199 Posted by kadeem (2864 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't molecule man just turn everything in the enviroment around them into kryptonite?

#200 Posted by Ultimate Joker (781 posts) - - Show Bio
@kadeem said:
" Can't molecule man just turn everything in the enviroment around them into kryptonite? "
The OP never stated if this was a random encounter or not, but since that's the case I believe forum rules dictate a random encounter is the default kind. In that situation he wouldn't know what hurts Supes, so, yes he COULD, but no he won't since he doesn't even know who Supes is.