MODOK/A.I.M vs Lex Luthor

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By entropy_aegis

Both get a month of prep and have access to all their resources.

Anal_Vomit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nobody posted on this?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@anal_vomit: That is surprising.

This is a tough one. I think I'm leaning towards M.O.D.O.K., but I can't really explain why. They both can ask, bribe, or manipulate their own universe villain buddies for help. They could probably manipulate the heroes to fight with them too. This could almost be a DC vs Marvel universe thread.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

not sure how lex can do this alone....

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A.I.M had a solid gamma powered super soldier program going.

Pterodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember, Lex uses that Kryptonian battle suit for fights.

It would really just be them spying on each other and trying to come up with technology to counter each other, which you just be back and forth until the prep time is up.

Without prep, it depends on which M.O.D.O.K. because Lex's suit is pretty powerful.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days said:

Remember, Lex uses that Kryptonian battle suit for fights.

It would really just be them spying on each other and trying to come up with technology to counter each other, which you just be back and forth until the prep time is up.

Without prep, it depends on which M.O.D.O.K. because Lex's suit is pretty powerful.

I know but I'm not sure if it'll be enough ... you can't spy in a prep battle anyway, I don't know enough about M.O.D.O.K.

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Lex would beat them, then force them to help him kill Superman (Cause that's how he rolls.)

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe I don't think MODOK would be much of a help against Superman lol. Though he does flip around Hulk and Iron man and is smarter than bruce banner.

wenjun--chew_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The side that makes the first move wins.

I'd put my money on Lex Luthor. Marvel's top intellects are shown to be rather useless compared to DC's.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shot: Lex would upgrade him and add a little something to keep him loyal to boot.

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe A Kyptonite M.O.D.O.K? Sounds like the death of Superman.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only remember MODOK from the Iron Man cartoon. What I have heard of him is a LOT more dangerous.

PS why do people whine about Batman being smart yet have no problem with Tony Stark?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@senglord: I think its more the thing where Batman's writers and fan boys act like he has to be the very best at everything, he can't just be smart, he has to be the smartest, he can't just be a good fighter, he has to be a master of a few hundred fighting styles, with Tony Stark, being smart is his one defining trait where as Batman is an insanely rich, super genius, ninja who must be treated with reverence and respect at all times unless you want to be screamed at by a fanboy. It pisses rational people off.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@senglord: I think its more the thing where Batman's writers and fan boys act like he has to be the very best at everything, he can't just be smart, he has to be the smartest, he can't just be a good fighter, he has to be a master of a few hundred fighting styles, with Tony Stark, being smart is his one defining trait where as Batman is an insanely rich, super genius, ninja who must be treated with reverence and respect at all times unless you want to be screamed at by a fanboy. It pisses rational people off.

Um no,nice explanation though.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: I actually do like Batman, its just the super fan boys that believe the whole Batjesus bit drive me nuts.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jack Donaghy

@joshmightbe said:

Other characters also get that treatment but none of them get the kind of hate for it that Batman does. People act like he's the only character with overzealous fanboys when he's not. He isn't the smartest DC character or the best martial artist yeah he knows a lot but he's not the absolute best fighter. Might as well complain Superman has too many powers. Besides with him being a human being as good as possible at most things makes sense. Why would the JL want a mere human who is average at best on their team? He kinda has to be uber at everything to justify being there.

But lets face it it's because he's the most popular superhero it's why he can't get away with things internet darling DOOM can. Batman (arguably) BARELY beats a weakened Superman with the help of Green Arrow? BATWANKING BATGAWD SUX!!! DOOM takes over the planet multiple times and power jacks Gods? Doom can challenge a man who is not only smarter than him but has help from 3 other superheroes? DOOM IS SO AWESOME DOOM WITH PREP IS UNSTOPPABLE!!! Deathstroke beats the JL in 19 seconds? Deathstroke is a badass. A regular guy with a freeze gun is able to tag the Flash? Captain Cold is cool!

My point being Batman hate has become the in and cool thing to do while other characters can be written in the exact same OTT fanwanky fashion and not get any hate. Now that should piss rationale people off as well.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: There are few who put Batman as the absolute smartest or best martial artist. Even the official guidebooks put Lex Luthor and others as being better scientists. Elongated Man and the Question are positioned as better detectives and investigators. Shiva and Richard Dragon are said to be better fighters. shiva is even mentioned as being the person most would consider the best fighter in the world. And most "fanboys" own up to that. In terms of people on the vine, no one thinks he could beat Wolverine in melee. There is a 8/10 majority that think Black Panther could beat Batman in a hand to hand fight without armor or gear. A slim majority also give Bronze Tiger the win in a pure hand to hand fight without gear. The arguments for batman were very long compared to the scans of Batman losing in one shot, and never having an on panel victory.

4 am and I cannot sleep.

I hear a lot about Batgod, not so much on Tony the mecha messiah Marvel has going on.

Or the retarded level of people who mention the AS Superman/Birthright feat of curing cancer with stuff that Superboy needed to get. Lex always had superhumans to do his heavy lifting when he made a serious attempt to take out superman. That is just lex Luthor. Batman has a group of people to help him save lives... Ugh, so stupid. Batman's fail. More garbage about how Batman cannot work with people because of how he won't accept help. Then laugh at how he has to get help to do anything because he sucks...even though Batman was the most crossed over character in DC since the Brave and the Bold.

Marvel does flawed and relatable characters. DC does larger than life iconic characters. That is why having a flawed and relatable Batman will never work. The concept of the character is fully idealistic. He has the best level of parentage. The best medical care. The best education. And a truly unswerving resolve to do the right thing. Batman was so effective at being the ultimate hero that Lex Luthor was created in the early 1940s with a backstory that was a near total inversion of it. While Bruce Wayne had a genius mind that he built up almost as well as he did his body to perfection, Lex Luthor was shown with a physical deformity(baldness) that drew attention to his head. And it was his mind that was his way to become the greatest man. Just putting some rambling history out there.

Wesat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex Luthor stomps

Slash03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex Luthor versus an entire organization dedicated to create weapons and search for technological advancements?

Leaning towards MODOK/AIM

GodlyShinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@slash03 said:

Lex Luthor versus an entire organization dedicated to create weapons and search for technological advancements?

Leaning towards MODOK/AIM

Lol Lex casually stomps

GodlyShinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5