If you don't have a Twitter account, or you don't follow @ JimMcCann and/or @ GailSimone then you probably missed the "Twitter Battle" that took place between Jim McCann and Gail Simone about which bird is better; Black Canary or Mockingbird?
I thought this friendly battle was hilarious and I wanted to share it with you guys (I just hope Jim and Gail are okay with me posting their tweets here)
So it all started with some congratulations from Gail to Jim....
- Jim McCann: Yep, I'm writing an Alpha Flight book tying into CHAOS WAR, as you can see from today's announcement. Very excited!
- Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann Congratulations, and I know it's going to be great! (Btw, Black Canary could kick Mockingbird's ass). ;)
- Jim McCann: @ GailSimone Thanks Gail! (but I think Dinah would just scream louder as Bobbi is the one kicking ass) :P
- Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann Oh, I'm sure Bobbi would put up a real fight. I'm sure it'd be a rough ten seconds for Black Canary! Well, not really. ;)
- Jim McCann: @ GailSimone Yeah, Black Canary would go through hell during those 10 seconds...before being hit in the head with a battlestave. :P
- Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann All due respect, Jim, and I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but (series of extended fart noises). "Battlestave," snerk!
- Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann It IS hard to choose who married the bigger loudmouthed jerk, however!
- Gail Simone: I take comfort in the fact that Hawkeye is worse! :)
- Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann I looked up 'battlestave,' in the dictionary and there was a picture of Phyllis Diller using a suppository. Gross, Jim!
- Jim McCann: @ GailSimone Ewwww. Okay, so she would just shoot her. How's that? :P
- Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann Aw, that's cute...like the little kitten attacking the great dane. Bobbi doesn't know she's got no hope. It's ADORKABLE! ;)
- Jim McCann: @ GailSimone Bobbi's a natural blonde (the brunette in her first appearance was a disguise & I'm sticking to that). So BAM!
- Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann Okay, that was just mean.
- Jim McCann: @ GailSimone Truth hurts. Like Bobbi's K/O hit to Dinah.
- Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann dude, I'm sure Bobbie's the toughest gal in her jazzercise class, but we're talking about BLACK CANARY, here.
- Jim McCann: @ GailSimone Last I saw, Black Canary was the one in a Jazzercize outfit.
- Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann I think it's neat that Bobbi saved her drum corps majorette outfit from junior high.
- Jim McCann: @ GailSimone That's her old costume & I had it burned. Now she's ready to kick (Dinah's) ass!
- Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann bobbi's great. She stole Black Canary's personality and Captain America's secret boyfriend
- Gail Simone: a www, @ jimMcCann ran, just like Mockingbird does when she sees Paste Pot Pete. Then she pees and cries. Just like @ JimMcCann!
- Jim McCann: @ GailSimone I'm so glad that Black Canary and Zatana are the same size for their stockings. In other news- RuPaul wants her wig back from BC
- Jim McCann: @ GailSimone Black Canary's on vocal rest, just like Britney Spears who also needs a wig...HEY! There's your casting, folks! Brit-Brit as BC!
- Jim McCann: @ GailSimone And Bobbi's personality would never allow her to stand by a man who uses a boxing glove arrow.
- Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann I know, Bobbi likes the guy ripped OFF from the guy who uses boxing glove arrows!
- Jim McCann: @ GailSimone You mean the pansy rich kid who became a big whiner in a pointy hat?
- Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann I'm just kidding. I like Bobbi! Of all the Black Canary rip-offs, she's my third favorite!
- Jim McCann: @ GailSimone It must be tough for Dinah to rely on "Crying" to win a fight
- Jim McCann: @ GailSimone Black Canary is a great Mockingbird wanna be. So glad she's learning to be strong like Bobbi has been. Good for her, widdle burd
- Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann Mockingbird Drinking Game! Take a drink every time she says, "lover.". Quit after twelve to avoid death. Then read SECOND issue.
- Jim McCann: @ GailSimone Black Canary Drinking Game- 1 shot whenever she falls on her butt & screams to repel the threat. Chug when her tights get torn.
- Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann Black Canary, animated by Bruce Timm. Mockingbird, flapped over by @ franktieri.
- Jim McCann: @ GailSimone Mockingbird is a Mets fan. @ FrankTieri wouldn't touch her. Black Canary, on next week's What Not To Wear.
- Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann mockingbird's necklace asks, "What Would Black Canary Do?"
- Jim McCann: @ GailSimone BC's choker has microfilm of all Mockingbird's fights so she can learn how to kick ass (and, yeah, microfilm b/c she's that old)
- Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann Choker? Really? How is Iron Man's yellow armor these days, Mr. Current Events?
- Jim McCann: @ GailSimone Sorry, meant her garter belt.
- Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann If Black Canary was named Black Dolphin, you'd be writing Hawkeye and Mackerel Woman right now.
- Jim McCann: @ GailSimone Black Canary wishes she was as smart as a dolphin. If BC & MB were the same, you'd be writing World's Deadliest Birds.
- Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann Listen, don't feel bad. The world NEEDS cover bands! You're doing Bopmania, be proud!
- Jim McCann: @ GailSimone And the world needs characters who watched Karate Kid & know how to wax the car but not execute the move. BC in Karate Kid 2
- Jim McCann: @ GailSimone Was Black Canary inspired by Lita Ford? Screaming & a flair for the dramatic? The world's richer for her. Or, the world just is
- Jim McCann: @ GailSimone Bobbi would gladly take back the Huntress name...y'know, if Helena hadn't ripped HER off...
- Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann Hey! I just thought of some totally new characters for your book! Smuntress, Blady Shmackhawk, and Blarbara Blorden, Bloracle!
- Jim McCann: @ GailSimone You could totally write in Tigrette, Spider-Lady, and White Widow! That would be a great book!
- Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann Hey, I LIKE books with strong women, unfortunately, the woman is Hawkeye and he's a bit of a fop...
So as you can see it was a heated battle!
- Gail Simone: Guys, I like @ JimMcCann. We both have the same job, we get to write Black Canary! Only he has to call her Muckingbort or something.
- Jim McCann: And @ GailSimone is a lovely woman who gets to write amazing characters. Oh, and Black Canary, too.
- Gail Simone: I have to go, guys. Night, everyone! Be sure to read Hawk Arrow and Muckingbort by the semi-great @ jimMcCann!
- Jim McCann: The relatively-cool @ GailSimone is retreating to bed. May mockingbirds mock you in your sweet dreams. Sleep tight!
- Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann, give my best to Muckingbort and Hawkeye's flying vibrator!
- Jim McCann: @ GailSimone came at me with stockings on her head while I was being nice. But they were fishnets, so I could totally tell it was her.
- Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann totally started it. I was over in the corner being wonderful.
- Gail Simone: Muckingbort, Muckingbort, friendly neighborhood Xeroxed mort...
- Gail Simone: Thank you to all who stood by me in support while the cruel @ JimMcCann attacked me for no other reason except I attacked him first
Also... @ pseudicide (CV user: dpriko) included a few tweets about this:
I had to copy/paste each tweet one by one so please bear with me if there are any errors on the post...
- Dee: @ JimMcCann @ GailSimone Dear you two, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WRITE THIS. Also Bobbi and Helena would be AWESOME.
- Jim McCann: @ pseudicide @ GailSimone I would welcome a Mockingbird/ Huntress team-up/fight
- Dee: +10000000 I'd love this so damn much. RT: @ JimMcCann: @ pseudicide @ GailSimone I would welcome a Mockingbird/Huntress team-up/fight
- Dee: I think Dinah beats out Bobbi there... RT: @ GailSimone: @ JimMcCann It IS hard to choose who married the bigger loudmouthed jerk, however!
So now it's your turn... Who was right, McCann or Simone? Who would win in a battle between Mockingbird and Black Canary?