• Iceman's Mech
  • City Titan
  • Death Rex

vs.

@betatesthighlander1

1. Ultraman Belial

2. Zone Fighter

3. Ultraman Taro

Each one of you will pick one of your character and will only use him for this match.

No scenario for you guys

• Fight to Death or destruction
  • No Prep

Fight's in Shinjuku

No Caption Provided

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#4 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I don't know anything about any of these characters. I barely know my own. But let's have a little fun. I'll be the brave one (easy to be brave when you have nothing to lose) and pick mine first.

DEATH REX! I CHOOSE YOU!

No Caption Provided

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf
Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@betatesthighlander1: @omgomgwtfwtf:

I am quickly reminded why I don't do these anime-related things... Anyway, dudes, I was expecting at least one of you to give me something to work with here. I can't be bothered to look up your guys but I thought you'd give me some sort of statement to respond to. But whatever. I'll give you the rundown on Death Rex.

Super Eating: This is kind of his main deal so I'll start with it. Death Rex can eat anything, even things bigger than its mouth and anything it eats becomes erased from existence. Things he eats also heal him as well as become abilities he can call on later. He has a special move which is an extension of this which he calls the Gestalt Grind, which just reduces everything to a subatomic level and sort of black holes it into his mouth. He's eaten cities with it. Not a common tactic and requires a life be sacrificed for the attack to work.

Strength/Speed/Durability: These are all together because they're all equally hard to pin down as he doesn't have many measurable feats. He easily rampages through buildings, but that's not really impressive. He's quite durable to blasts and blunt force, but can be stabbed. However, any wound he gets can count as a mouth and anything in him can be consumed (and so, can heal him and be incorporated into his own abilities). He is actually pretty fast for his size, often moving faster than people can register movement. Sometimes they see a blur, sometimes they don't know he's moved until bodies drop from the sky after he's eaten something. His limbs are as fast as the rest of him and move so fast they can't be seen. He's tanked barrages of missiles and also count them out of the air.

Gravity Control: Death Rex can amplify gravity in the area around him, generally or on a specific target. The only time someone overcame his gravity manipulation, he simply kept increasing gravity until they couldn't. He can also reorient gravity so things can be pulled to him, not just down.

Acid: His stomach acid is incredibly corrosive and can be projected out of a mouth on its torso. It's been effective against mountain sized mechs.

Darkness: I'd normally call it a shadow power but the distinction has been made in the manga. Characters that could hurt others by hurting their shadows couldn't hurt Death Rex because he doesn't cast a shadow (and he ate those guys btw). The thing on the ground behind him is darkness. Death Rex's darkness is like a portal for him. He can come out of it, pull others into it, attack from behind it and not be affected by attacks while in it. He casts this darkness from his wings and can expand them to enormous size.

Gathered Powered: Just a couple of the powers he's taken: The ability to remove the friction from anything touched by tentacles he can grow from his mouth. This has been used to nullify physical attacks, remove friction from the ground around an enemy so they couldn't stand, and touch parts of enemies so their bodies come apart. Another power he uses more is a blade that can cut anything. It was from another dragon that stabbed him. He liked it so much he kept it.

I'm going to say Death Rex hides in a shadow, excuse me, darkness, and patrols the city like a shark until he finds his opponents. When he does he removes the friction from the area, and as they struggle to right themselves, he just eats them.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@buckshot: what is Death Rex from?

Chaosic Rune. I feel like a google search would have brought that up. And no responses? I'm going to declare myself the winner. Thanks for stopping by. It's a good thing I had my acceptance speech ready.

"I want to thank all of you out there who came to support me. This moment wouldn't be the same without you. Without you, there'd be no one to clap for me."

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@buckshot:

Hmm, you tagged me, but I didn't get a notification. I will have my first post up soon, which will include some feats for Eva Unit-01. I've been busy all day so couldn't put up a post earlier.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@omgomgwtfwtf: Sorry, it's too late. I already won. Guys, lemme let you in a secret. Don't tell the rest of the vine:

Something about my complete lack of care for this tournament has put me in a funny mood. I wasn't sure about it at first, but every time I come to this thread (or the sign up one before) I just think "this is ridiculous" and start laughing. So you guys will probably get to debate with Fun Buckshot (Funshot?). I can't remember the last time this happened. Maybe not since Forever.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@betatesthighlander1:

Lmao. And I joined the tournament on a whim, just poking fun at the idea of mechs (or using mechs that were american comics poking fun at mechs I guess). As for your first video, I didn't think that was a presentation of feats. I didn't see anything significant there except for surviving that crash landing. Looking at your second video, are you using Zone Fighter or Belial? Or was the video to show what Belial was hit by? They looked like different attacks though so I don't know. If you posted other videos they aren't showing up for me. I'm not really sure what martial arts would be useful for. Death Rex tanks faster than light punches from giants. Piercing attacks are the way to hurt him most effectively. And then in your latest post you're referencing another character (video also not showing up). Which one are you using?

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot: Oh, right, one character per guy

Okay, just let me think of this for a bit

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot: yeah, Belial

he can blow your guy up with his Giga-Battlenizer

Loading Video...
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@betatesthighlander1: If Belial tried that, assuming for a second he could even hit Death Rex, he'd just get eaten. He'd come slamming into Death Rex, a mouth would open where he made contact, and he'd be swallowed. Then he'd say some ish like "Doth have me eat such disgusting filth" and go looking for Eva 01.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot: show me scans of him doing something like that

also, Belial has ranges attacks, like his Dark SPacium Ray

No Caption Provided

or his Belial Geno Thunder

No Caption Provided

for ereference, observe the wanton destruction Zero causes with his Spacium Ray

Loading Video...

Now observe Belial overpowering an even more powerful verion of that move

Loading Video...

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: @buckshot:

Okay here is a rundown on what Eva Unit-01 is and what she is capable of.

No Caption Provided

Eva Unit-01, like all Evangelions, are 80 meter tall, humanoid shaped giants. Contrary to how they look, Evangelions are not technically mechs because they are not entirely mechanical. They are actually cyborgs, being that they are organic creatures implanted with cybernetics parts and computer systems. All Evangelions, barring Eva Unit-01, are created from the flesh of the First Angel, Adam, who landed on Earth over 4 billion years ago. Eva Unit-01 is the only Evangelion descended from Lilith, the Second Angel, who landed on Earth after Adam. The armor that all Evangelion wear is actually not armor, but restraints to keep the true power of an Evangelion under control. Evangelions were created to fight the Angels, off-springs of Adam, who seek to destroy humans, who are the off-springs of Lilith. Adam represents the fruit of life, while Lilith represnts the fruit of knowledge. The fruit of knowledge gives humanity science, while the fruit of life gave Angels their physical capabilties.

Being a descendant of the Second Angel, Eva Unit-01's primary and greatest ability is the generation of an A.T. Field, short for Absolute Terror Field. A.T. Fields are similar to force-fields in that they can absorb damage. However, unlike conventional force-fields, A.T. Fields can be used offensively and are nigh-impenetrable. They can be penetrated by conventional means, but the amount of force required to do so is ridiculous and such, Evangelions were created to fight Angels, because the only plausible way to penetrate an A.T. Field is using another A.T. Field.

With an A.T. Field up, Eva Unit-01 is considered, for all intents and purposes, immune to conventional human weaponry. Tank fire, bullets, missiles, and even nukes are pretty much useless against an Eva with an A.T. Field up. The same applies to the Angels they fight, hence why the production of Evangelions was of the highest importance. The repairs and costs for an Evangelion can run into billions, and even trillions, of dollars, and is said to be able to bankrupt a country with its upkeep cost.

Here is Eva Unit-01 using its A.T. Field at maximum power to stop an Angel from destroying Japan. The Angel's plan was to literally fall on Tokyo from space, using its mass and AT Field to create a cataclysmic impact meant to wipe out a large majority of Japan. Eva Unit-01's A.T. Field at full-power allowed it catch the falling Angel, even when its arm were skewered, and prevent it from accomplishing its suicide bombing.

The video also showcases how fast an Eva can run. Eva Unit-01 was capable of creating visible shock-waves as it sped up, indicating supersonic or even hyper-sonic movement speed.

Loading Video...

Aside from it's A.T. Field, Eva Unit-01 has many weapons at its disposal. It has access to giant sized versions of conventional firearms and has a knife compartment built into its shoulder.

I apologize in advance that this video is not subbed, this was the only one on youtube.

Loading Video...

If you missed it, Eva Unit-01 has access to a giant minigun.

"Say hello to my little friend".

Eva Unit-01 can also go berserk if Ikari Shinji's life is in imminent danger. The reason for this is because the soul within the Eva Unit-01 is actually Ikari Shinji's mother. So her will to protect her son can cause the Eva to move on its own. In this state its powers are increased dramatically and it becomes nothing more than a killing machine.

Loading Video...

Eva Unit-01 has another even more powerful form, which is activated when Ikari Shinji removes the inhibitors on the Eva, activating its latent Angel powers. In this "Awakened State" , the Eva begins to shed its human form and takes on it true form, which is a being made of pure energy, akin to a god. In this form, its powers are increased to even more godly levels as it gains the ability to manipulate A.T. fields into energy constructs and near-invulnerability. This state is attained when the pilot sheds his human form, transcending the boundaries of humanity, and becomes something else entirely.

Loading Video...

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@betatesthighlander1: A scan of him doing something like what? Making a mouth appear wherever he gets hit?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Or saying what I wrote?

No Caption Provided

The scan of him absorbing what hurt him isn't the best because in that one he waited to be wounded first. I should have a scan of him actually opening a mouth on an approaching attacker when I get back later.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@omgomgwtfwtf: My response to you disappeared. It was basically: Thanks for the write up. The AT field seems to be what sets the EVA apart and we all get one so that almost makes EVA a massively powerful oversized human. I don't see oversized weapons hurting Death Rex if they even get used, given his ability to control gravity and friction. EVA would be hard pressed to even stand and fight. Death Rex shouldn't have a problem going up to it and eating it. And all at once would be the best idea so it didnt get a chance to be more powerful.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot:

How is he going to eat something when there's an invisible force-field preventing him from reaching Eva Unit-01? He would be hard pressed to get past something he never encountered before.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: @buckshot:

pretty cool guy
pretty cool guy

Ultraman Belial was once an inhabitant of the land of light, and Ultra-man. The men of this planet all had insanely long lifespans, psychic abilities, strength in the tens of thousands of tons, the ability to fly through space, and a variety of energy-based atatcks. Even when he was young, Ultraman Belial was a prodigy amongst Ultras.

but than, other stuff happenned

Loading Video...

AFter an encounter with the plasma spark, and a pact with alien Reiblood, Ultraman Belial gained nmore power, along with his weapon, the Giga-Battlenizer

No Caption Provided

the weapon can be used a a conventional polearm, as well as several energy attacks (as already shown)

Ultraman Belial is strong enough to casually toss around 50,000+ ton Ultras (already shown)

and also has enough deuability to survive re-entry (as already shown, by the way, this guy ways 60,000 tons)

Ultraman Belial also possess impressive energy-based attacks,as listed on the wiki

Deathcium Ray:The evil version of a Specium ray (a ray that has some impressive esplosive abilities)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

for references to regular spacium ray power, observe

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Dark Ultra Powers: he can do anything a regular Ultra can, but darker and more powerful.

Kaiser Belial Ripper: he makes huge sythes out of his claws and energy

No Caption Provided

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@betatesthighlander1: Not seeing a reason why he couldn't just be eaten.

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

@buckshot:

How is he going to eat something when there's an invisible force-field preventing him from reaching Eva Unit-01? He would be hard pressed to get past something he never encountered before.

He's going to eat him by having that same invisible force-field himself. You said that AT fields penetrate other AT fields and Death Rex has one. Also, he wouldn't really need to penetrate the field anyway if he just ate EVA 01 whole, which he could also do.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@buckshot:

Yes. you are given an A.T. Field. It doesn't imply that you are capable of using it in any effective way. I don't see how you would be capable of neutralizing an A.T. Field with your own when you can't manipulate it. For example, every single person on Earth in the series has an A.T. Field, but they have no way of properly utilizing it.

Even if you eat the Eva whole, your risk it going berserk and just ripping out of him at a later time. Another Angel has already tried the eat whole eating thing and it really didn't do much.

In the following video, the Angel sent Eva Unit-01 into a dirac sea, which is a separate dimension of infinite nothingness. The Eva goes berserk after all attempts to save Ikari Shinji's life failed and he literally busts through the Angel's body. A feat no one thought was plausible because everything else was incapable of leaving the dimension once they entered.

Loading Video...

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot said:

because he could easily blow your guy up from across the battlefield

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@omgomgwtfwtf: Guess I'm just not clear on how the AT fields work. You made it seem as if normal things couldn't hurt things with AT fields so I assumed in that video, the red thing with the tentacles had one and that's how it could hurt the EVA (though it seemed to be hurt just by slamming into the mountain, which I would assume has no AT field so large amounts of impact can bypass the field as well). But if the EVA was shooting it with bullets and stabbing it, whether or not those weapons had AT fields of their own, then just hitting the red thing with them was effective without any apparent manipulation of the field. So I figured Death Rex just attacking normally while possessing a field would be sufficient. So tell me, who or what had an AT field in the video with the red tentacle monster? As for the problems with eating EVA whole, there should be none. Things stop existing when eaten by Death Rex. They don't get sent anywhere they just stop existing as if they never did. In the page I posted before he consumes a blade-arm of a monster and that monster is tied to a human. It's a good example of what happens because it might be the only one where we can see what happens (since you're not in his mouth to see what happens). When the arm is consumed, the human arm tied to it simply vanishes.

@buckshot said:

because he could easily blow your guy up from across the battlefield

Not if Death Rex is in the darkness, which I suggested as a tactic earlier.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@buckshot:

Shamshel, the red insect-like Angel, does have an A.T. Field. But it's extremely weak and can't be seen by the naked eye. The Angels get progressively stronger as the series progresses as does Shinji. This was only his second fight with an Angel and Shinji couldn't sustain an active A.T. Field at the time because his was still relatively untrained.

Shamshel prior to this fight was still capable of taking heavy artillery fire with no damage.

If you watch the other videos, you would see that you need another A.T. Field to neutralize an opposing one.

Here are some videos which might help showcase how an A.T. Field works and how it is countered. An Eva is capable of fighting an Angel with weapons because the Eva's A.T. Field encompasses the weapons they wield as well. I know it's confusing lol, but it something along the lines that you cannot only defeat something with itself. An Angel and Eva are the same exact thing in that an Eva is basically a weaponized Angel, they both come from the same source, which is the flesh of Adam, the first Angel.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Here are wiki links for A.T. Fields. Hopefully their description and explanation is better than mines. It's one of those things where you have to watch the series to fully grasp the concept of it.

http://evangelion.wikia.com/wiki/Absolute_Terror_Field

http://wiki.evageeks.org/A.T._Field

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot: he has resisted Spacium attacks in the Darkness?

alternatively, he will spend the entire battle in the darkness?

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: even if his energy atatcks fail on unit A-1, he Ultraman Belial seems like more than competent enough to destroy it physically

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@omgomgwtfwtf: If an AT field around the weapons allows them hurt Angels, then I'd assume the same would be true for Death Rex. It seemed the point of the OP allowing everyone to use AT fields is so we could have even fights and actually be able to hurt each other like all the characters would in their own universes (like letting Flash have the speed force in a marvel battle for example) so I'm operating under the assumption that the attacks should work as they normally do. Even if there were still a problem, Death Rex can go back to eating EVA 01 whole.

@buckshot: he has resisted Spacium attacks in the Darkness?

alternatively, he will spend the entire battle in the darkness?

Obviously he's not resisted Spacium attacks because it's a different universe. (Although.....)

No Caption Provided

But that won't need to be an issue. Death Rex is enormous but the darkness can be incredibly small. Belial wouldn't be able to pick out which shadow holds Death Rex in a city, so its not like he'd even know what to attack. Death Rex could attack from a shadow before Belial even knew it was an issue. Death Rex's wings (the body parts each of their own personalities) are actually very fond of attacking from the darkness, it's its preferred hunting method. But even Death Rex's head (the dominant personality) is a fan of attacking from out of nowhere.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot: all Belial needs to do is float above the city

there are no shadows above the tallest building, he needs only float up and wait for DR to reveal himself (alternatively, just level the city and see what remains)

yeah, Ultrman Belial needs only to

and was that scan of the typical Toatsasu hero supposed to be impressive?

he straight up confronts DR face-to-Face and nothing happens to him

are you sure your being accurate to your character's abilities?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@betatesthighlander1: Belial deciding to float would be a good tactic if Death Rex didn't control gravity. Or if he was aware he'd need to float. Doesn't seem like the sort of thing he'd do just because.

The Ultraman thing was a joke, dog. Have a laugh. I said they weren't in the same universe.

I'm sure. What do you think I'm misrepresenting? I posted images of what I was talking about so you'd know I wasn't making it up.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot: I'm saying I have seen little to portray the HtH invincible abomination you've been talking about

I mean, Death Rex, based of what I've seen, doesn't seem like the kind of guy to open with an insta-kill attack, but Belial usually does

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot: also

control over gravity?

Pretty sure command over one of the fundamental forces of reality is above limits

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@buckshot: I'm saying I have seen little to portray the HtH invincible abomination you've been talking about

I mean, Death Rex, based of what I've seen, doesn't seem like the kind of guy to open with an insta-kill attack, but Belial usually does

I didn't say he was invincible to hand to hand, more that this fight won't come down to hand to hand because of how he likes to attack. Death Rex is exactly the sort of guy to open with an insta-kill attack. The vast majority of his attacks when the wings are in charge are instant kills from a hidden spot and even when the head is in charge he blitzes.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@buckshot: also

control over gravity?

Pretty sure command over one of the fundamental forces of reality is above limits

He mostly just uses it to put people on the ground so they can't get away from him. I'm not using it beyond the limits.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot:

I was never arguing that you never had an A.T. field, but whether or not you had one strong enough to counter mines. Your character is given an A.T. Field for the purpose of the debate, but it's an entirely different matter if you knew how to properly utilize it. If it becomes a question of what would happen if both their A.T. fields collided, I would bet that my character, the one who knows how to expand his field and increase it, would win.

At full strength, a non-berserk Eva Unit-01 was capable of stopping an Angel from hitting the ground when it was falling from space. The amount of energy the Angel gathered from entering the atmosphere, while being enhanced by its own A.T. Field at full strength, was supposed to be comparable to a large meteor falling from space (i.e. cataclysmic event). The purpose of it was to completely vaporize a portion of Japan. Eva Unit-01 was able to keep it from hitting floor by extending his own A.T. Field out to match the Angel's own and kept the majority of the energy from being transferred into the ground, and it did this while its arms were being skewered.

As for eating, I already mentioned the problem with that scenario. He would be trying to eat Eva Unit-01, while being stopped by an invisible force-field which can expand in size depending on Ikari Shinji's will. If his life is any imminent danger, than his mother takes over, and the Eva goes berserk, in which case its A.T. Field becomes even more stronger. It also gains the regenerative capabilities of an Angel, as seen when it healed its arm instantly.

Not to mention, once it goes into its semi-awakened state it can control A.T. Fields to the point of being able to create energy constructs and shoot lasers from its mouth. The laser was strong enough to completely obliterate Zeruel. Zeruel was capable of tanking multiple nuke-level ordinances with zero problems when its A.T. Field was up, but was completely destroyed in one shot by Eva Unit-01. Zeruel was also able to tank a point blank nuke in the face when its field was taken down.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot: Ultraman can fly with at least an extra 50,00 tons on him

if his gravitry control has limits, as you say, you need to show me that limits are above Belials flying abilities

and you showed me a guy stepping on an ant

does Death Rex ever use insta-kills against anyone nearly his size?

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: Hey, Ultraman Belial, killing Eva 01 after Deathrex is finished

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@buckshot:

I was never arguing that you never had an A.T. field, but whether or not you had one strong enough to counter mines. Your character is given an A.T. Field for the purpose of the debate, but it's an entirely different matter if you knew how to properly utilize it. If it becomes a question of what would happen if both their A.T. fields collided, I would bet that my character, the one who knows how to expand his field and increase it, would win.

At full strength, a non-berserk Eva Unit-01 was capable of stopping an Angel from hitting the ground when it was falling from space. The amount of energy the Angel gathered from entering the atmosphere, while being enhanced by its own A.T. Field at full strength, was supposed to be comparable to a large meteor falling from space (i.e. cataclysmic event). The purpose of it was to completely vaporize a portion of Japan. Eva Unit-01 was able to keep it from hitting floor by extending his own A.T. Field out to match the Angel's own and kept the majority of the energy from being transferred into the ground, and it did this while its arms were being skewered.

As for eating, I already mentioned the problem with that scenario. He would be trying to eat Eva Unit-01, while being stopped by an invisible force-field which can expand in size depending on Ikari Shinji's will. If his life is any imminent danger, than his mother takes over, and the Eva goes berserk, in which case its A.T. Field becomes even more stronger. It also gains the regenerative capabilities of an Angel, as seen when it healed its arm instantly.

Not to mention, once it goes into its semi-awakened state it can control A.T. Fields to the point of being able to create energy constructs and shoot lasers from its mouth. The laser was strong enough to completely obliterate Zeruel. Zeruel was capable of tanking multiple nuke-level ordinances with zero problems when its A.T. Field was up, but was completely destroyed in one shot by Eva Unit-01. Zeruel was also able to tank a point blank nuke in the face when its field was taken down.

I assume we were given AT fields so we could counter yours because if not, what is the point? I wouldn't expect it to overpower yours just in itself, but to be able to counter it enough so that our normal attacks work as they would against enemies without an indestructible force field. See what I'm saying?

The ability of your character to project the field off them is an interesting thing, but Death Rex has encountered such things before in a few different ways and on his own comes up with the tactic of going around, over, or underneath, even if requires him digging underground. The AT fields shown didn't seem like they blocked in every direction at once (considering they were visible in front where the attacks were, and if they were projected outward in every direction, they'd send these characters flying off the ground when that contact was made) so Death Rex should still be able to go around even if you push him away. And if he's not able to, the general idea of working around the shield is enough for him to know to do something like expand darkness to pull in the whole thing.

I know you said the force field can be expanded, but the size of the thing doesn't matter. Death Rex can eat anything even if its bigger than his mouth. It's just what he does. He can even eat space and darkness itself.

The two giants might clash against each other for a while, but if Death Rex is unable to actually break through the AT field and decides to gobble EVA 01 up whole, there won't be time for it to go beast mode or power up.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@betatesthighlander1 said:

@buckshot: Ultraman can fly with at least an extra 50,00 tons on him

if his gravitry control has limits, as you say, you need to show me that limits are above Belials flying abilities

and you showed me a guy stepping on an ant

does Death Rex ever use insta-kills against anyone nearly his size?

No limits were displayed for for the gravity control. Death Rex once used it on himself and was overcoming it and then just kept increasing it until he couldn't anymore. When I said I wasn't using it beyond the limits, I meant nothing approaching reality warping or anything. As I said though, I don't see why Belial would just start floating.

There's nothing that's Death Rex's full size. And the things that approach his normal smaller size were all plot points that needed prolonged battles and character moments for his controller. But as I've said, attacking quickly and decisively is in Death Rex's character. When the wings are in charge almost all his attacks come before anyone even knows he's there, when the head is in charge he still ganks people even though they know he's coming, usually by eating them from another place entirely. For example he ate an enemy in a building by coming up from the floor beneath her and snapping his mouth shut over the whole room, and he's done variations on that quite a lot. I think the closest to him eating something his size was when his arms were clearing away competitors. Picture below. And I guess at this point I should clarify why his body is separated like this. He was split apart and the parts are monsters on their own. Im using him in his full form though.

No Caption Provided

That last monster there gets eaten instantly too, but I didn't grab a picture of that. That's 3 things gone in 4 panels and I'd only call the first one, that human, small in comparison.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@betatesthighlander1:

Eh, you can try :P

@buckshot:

Yes, you were given A.T. Fields so that you should be able to hurt my character, but it is unlikely, in my mind, that you can do it. For example, it would be like giving some random person the Muramasa Blade to fight Wolverine. It has the capacity to hurt Wolverine, but doesn't automatically imply a victory over him. The same is applied here.

Your plan of going around Eva Unit-01 is a completely plausible strategy. However, may I ask how he is going to do it? Judging from his size, it seems that he is pretty large, so the chance of him being able to catch Eva Unit-01 off-guard seems unlikely honestly.

Your other strategy with pulling the Eva into the darkness sounds interesting too, but like I showed you before, the same has been tried against it with Leliel. All that accomplished was sending the Eva Unit-01 into a berserk state and literally tearing out of the shadow, killing the Angel in the process. I assume the same thing could happen if you tried eating Eva Unit-01.

As for trying to kill him before he can use his other 'power forms'. It's also completely plausible, except that the Berserk state happens whenever Shinji is in a near-death situation, even when he's not aware of the situation (like unconscious). Even when he doesn't want to fight back, the Unit can act on its own and protect him.

Loading Video...

His link to the Eva Unit-01 is so strong that it will move on its own accord in order to protect him, even when he's not in the cockpit. His mother's love for him is that strong.

http://www.nwanime.com/neon-genesis-evangelion-episode-1/video/a6289b7bc8b0bdd8155d/

17:00 mark if you are interested.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot: SO his gravity control powers are without limit?

he does indeed have control over one of the 4 fundamental interactions, with absolutely no restrictions?

pretty sure that's OP

also, every scan has shown him forming before he attacks, and most Ultras can hear a pin drop from a hundred meters away

Ultraman Belial has been seen dodging attacks from the mach 7 Ultraman Zero, so I don't see Death Rex sneaking up on him

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@omgomgwtfwtf: The problem with your comparison is that Death Rex has the "skill" to back it up. Skill being actually damaging attacks. If the AT field granted to him allows him to do damage as he normally would, he'll be able to. If the AT field put us on an even playing field, then Death Rex's attacks can follow through with that.

Given that Death Rex can be as small as the smallest shadow, catching EVA off guard shouldn't be hard. You also have another combatant to worry about, assuming Death Rex hasn't eaten Belial yet. Additionally, with his wings and tail (that aren't stuck at a particular length) he can (and has in the past) send one underground while EVA is holding off the main body. He could also send either of them through a shadow. And on top of that, I mentioned friction and gravity control before. Orienting a force field in the right direction would probably be hard for EVA if its slipping all over the ground or being pulled one way or another while under attack.

You mentioned EVA escaping another dimension before, but that's not what would be happening here. The darkness isn't always, but can be Death Rex's mouth. If EVA is pulled in when its his mouth, then it won't be in another dimension, it will just cease to be. There won't be a place to rip its way out of and there will be no EVA to do the ripping out. Death Rex eating something removes it from existence.

As for these berserk states, Im not sure what difference they'd make even if they could be accessed quickly (and the time it took for the EVA you showed to beast out was an eternity in the heat of battle).

This is looking grim for you guys...

No Caption Provided

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@buckshot: SO his gravity control powers are without limit?

he does indeed have control over one of the 4 fundamental interactions, with absolutely no restrictions?

pretty sure that's OP

also, every scan has shown him forming before he attacks, and most Ultras can hear a pin drop from a hundred meters away

Ultraman Belial has been seen dodging attacks from the mach 7 Ultraman Zero, so I don't see Death Rex sneaking up on him

So you would be ok with him having gravity control as long as your character was able to overcome it? Seems like its only overpowered because you can't beat it.

Look again. He does not form every time he attacks from shadows. Sometimes you just see teeth and sometimes its not even that, just all of a sudden the darkness is now an open space that characters are falling into. Even if he did form himself inside the darkness, its not darkness that can be interacted with in the normal way. I think one of images above shows an enemy not being able to affect him while in the Darkness. That enemy could turn you into tiny version of yourself it had full control over just by looking at you, and its sight couldn't reach Death Rex in the darkness even when it started to come out or when the mouth was visible. And still, even if Belial knew he was in the darkness, a little gravity control would slow him enough to get caught.

You're both getting eaten. Muahahahahaha....

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@buckshot:

Eating him will be difficult because you're trying to eat something that has the ability to manipulate an A.T. Field in multiple ways, not being only limited to a force-field. For example, you try and get close, you will get hit with this:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He is also capable of releasing it from his hands:

Growing energy wings to disperse a group of enemies:

Though to be honest, your guy seems pretty OP with his ability to control gravity, friction, shadow, and eat anything :/

If I have to I will play the God card :P

Loading Video...

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot:

its overpowered because its an unlimited power. you could destroy a lot more than just a city with unlimited gravity control, EG over the rules

and all the scans I've seen involve him at least making a mouth first

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@omgomgwtfwtf: I'm not entirely sure what I saw in that first one. Was it landing or was a laser coming down? I'm also not sure what you mean by "if you try and get close" since I saw it fighting things and whatever that was didn't automatically happen. Even the energy wings seem like he needed to be under some significant duress before that happened. That video looked impressive. The only problem is it took a while. Far too long to not get eaten.

If you both think Death Rex is overpowered maybe I should step out of the tournament. I did this as a fluke and don't really care so maybe I should let you two go at it.