#1 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

DocNick

• Captain Cold (DC Comics)
  • Greed (Full Metal Alchemist),
  • Megatron (Transformers G1),
  • Single Cyberman (Doctor Who)

Floopay

• Cable (Cable and Deadpool Comics) - Providence Version, Post-Savior, Pre-Hetacomb - Gravimetric Shield, Infonet Access, Providence Teleporter, Plasma Rifle, Spear, Pair of Knives
  • Toki Fujiwara (Code: Breaker Manga) - Mercury, Metal Arms, Toki's Special Bullets and Pistols
  • Pharaun Mizzrym (War of the Spider Queen Book Series) - Pharaun's Robes, Magical Steel Ring, Standard Equipment
  • Black Rock Shooter (Black Rock Shooter Movie) - Standard Equipment

The Battle

So this is how this Tourney will work each of the 4 rounds will be set in 4 of the main media choices and you're character will have to follow some rules of this universe and also you'll get some objects or Helpers from that world.

Round 1.

''Your lives have ended, what you do with them now is up to me...that the theory anyway''

Round one will be set in...Manga and the specific manga will Be GANTZ

Round One Will Be Following these gantz rules(I know some of you don't know what Gantz is)

• Win By Death
  • In Character-Moral On
  • Basic Knowledge of Opponents
  • You Can only win By BFR if you have the Y guns

Prep will work like this: Your characters will have 8 hour in their own universes to gather or build objects they would normally use in a battle situation.Then they all will be teleportated to the Gantz room where they will come together, receive the basic knowledge of their opponents,and come up with a plan for 4 hours.Then The will be teleported to the designated battle arena.

Obects

Before the Battle start you will choose one of these 4 device to be given to Each of You're Characters

Devices:

• Gantz Controllers:This hand held device will give your characters the exact location of their opponents and will grant them invisibility
  • Gantz Sword: A sword that can expend to any length and can cut though virtually anything
  • Gantz Y Gun : Small Hand held Gun that shoot a try lazer that warp around a single opponent and bfr a character to an unknown location(Lazer can be broken by opponents teammates)
  • Gantz Monobike: A Two person bike that can travel at a good 100 mph and enter steath(invisible)mode

Battle Setting

Fight Will take place in...

The Fire Nation Capital-Each team will start at the opposite sides the outer border of the Castle

Please note: The city will be filled with bystanders but you;re character will be invisible to them but not intangible (that means that what you do can effect them)

And remember In Character-and Moral(if t your character have them) on

Debate: Debating will be for 5 days

Prize

To those who win you will receive one of 3 choices

I'll tell you what it is when R1 Start.

ALSO YOU MAKE THE THREADS

#2 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@docnick

Your team is awesome. I really do love it, and they are extremely formidable.

That being said, I think my team exploits almost every weakness your team could potentially have.

Cable (Cable and Deadpool Version)

Cable

Superhuman Strength - Cable is in the 10-15 ton strength level. He can augment his strength with his abilities, and his techno-arm provides an added degree of strength.

Superhuman Reflexes - Cable can react to bullets when they are only a few feat from his face. He's reacted to lightspeed attacks before, and can process information faster than a normal human being could.

Superhuman Durability - Even without any enhancements, Cable can tank bullets and explosives without too much damage to his body. He can further enhance his durability with his gravimetric shield.

Genius Level Intelligent - Cable knows information from the future, and has access to all earthly information at all times thanks to the Dominus Objective (stated below). He's a master tactician and a brilliant engineer.

Master Combatant - Cable is a gifted marksman, and an amazing hand to hand / weapons fighter. He has overpowered and defeated Apocalypse,

Dominus Objective - This gives him access to Black Box and the Infonet. It allows him to hack into servers and process extreme amounts of information. It also allows him to download information into the brains of others.

Cone of Silence - A powerful gravimetric shield he uses to mimic telekinesis. It's also a powerful gravimetric shield he can extend to protect himself or others.

Future Technology -

Cable has access to a wide assortment of alien and futuristic technology.

Toki Fujiwara (Code: Breaker)

Toki Fujiwara

Superhuman Strength - Toki can punch with the force of over a thousand pounds.

Superhuman Reflexes - Toki can shoot a bullet out of the air when it is only about 10 feet from his face. He has fought and defeated hypersonic speedsters on multiple occasions, despite not being hypersonic himself.

Superhuman Durability - Toki's resistance towards all forms of attack is very high. He can withstand explosions and several tons of metal being slammed into his body.

Genius Level Intelligence - Toki is among the most gifted students in his class.

Magnetism -

Toki's main power is the ability to control magnetism, which can be used in any number of ways.

EMP -

He can project a very powerful electromagnetic pulse that can disable mechanical and electrical devices miles away

Lightning - Toki can project lightning from his body.

Geo-Magnetism - Toki can control the Earth's magnetic field to a degree, allowing him to alter the Earth's gravitational pull in certain areas.

Torsion Field - Can create Torsion fields, which creates a massive amount of crushing force around his opponent, as well as a strong whirlwind, sucking in objects.

Magnetism - Obviously he can control magnetic fields, allowing him to shape, break, and destroy metal pretty easily.

Pharaun Mizzrym (War of the Spider Queen)

Pharaun Mizzrym

Superhuman Reflexes - Pharaun can dodge and react to lightning bolts thrown in his direction.

Superhuman Durability - Pharaun's robes are as durable, if not more durable than a suit of platemail. Over and above this he can further augment his defenses against magic, the elements, telepathy, and etc.

Genius Level Intellect - Pharaun is brilliant, in every sense of the word. He's a brilliant tactician, a master of manipulation, fully knowledgeable on a wide assortment of topics, and etc.

Magic User - Pharaun can manipulate the "Weave" to perform a wide assortment of effects. Everything from summoning/conjuring hordes of monsters, to flash freezing people, to enslaving/charming people.

Magic Ring - Allows him to identify spell casting, or it can turn into a magical sword that will fight his opponents on it's own.

Black Rock Shooter (OVA Film)

Black Rock Shooter

Superhuman Strength - When needed to, she can easily break steel chains, showing only mild signs of effort. She can also destroy them by simply touching them with her one arm. She has been shown leaping 30+ meters in a single bound.

Superhuman Durability - She can stand point blank at an attack that can shatter 3+ meters of stone beneath her feet without any damage, and can stand point blank at missile level blasts with only mild disorientation.

Superhuman Reflexes - Easily dodges multiple missile explosions and fights with other superhumans in terms of speed and reflexes.

Transforming Arm - Her arm can turn into a spear, sword, or gun. She can also project some form of attack that can disintegrate steel upon contact, only shown once. Her gun shatters large amounts of stone and fires a seemingly limitless supply of projectiles at machine gun speeds.

Prep Time:

Cable

• Cable will bring a plasma rifle for himself and a plasma pistol for Toki Fujiwara. He'll also grab a second pistol for himself, as well as his psimitar.

Toki Fujiwara

• Will get a bit extra mercury for the fight, and make sure his guns and bullets are ready.
  • Grab a set of comm links for team.

Pharaun Mizzrym

• Prepare spells

Black Rock Shooter

• Nothing

Extended Prep Time

Cable

• Instantly access and download all information on your team. Then download that information into my team's brains. This shouldn't take more than about 15 minutes, he was able to download archives of files into some soldier's brains in about an hour, so this small amount of info shouldn't take long.
  • Gives his extra pistol to Toki.

Toki Fujiwara

• Strategize with team.
  • Give out comm devices.

Pharaun Mizzrym

• Cable will set his brain to download more information so he's up to date on at least the basic of technology. So he'll be out for a good hour before the fight.
  • Get ready to cast invisibility on my team.
  • Cast magic defenses on my team.
  • Obviously not in that order.

Black Rock Shooter

• Same as Pharaun, a bit more information will be downloaded into her brain than the rest of my team's.
  • Can't speak, so she'll be on a "listen and react" basis with my team.

Strategy:

Toki can eliminate a good portion of your tech with a controlled EMP attack, as him and Black Rock Shooter will pursue your team head on. He will also destroy Megatron and your Cyberman with his magnetics, and take out Captain Cold's tech by simply crushing it with his EMP attacks.

Cable will be in charge of backing up Toki after the EMP attack. He'll remove Captain Cold's devices if Toki hasn't done so yet, and set up a shield in front of Megatron to stop him from being able to attack my team.

Pharaun will be in charge of Greed. He can easily freeze him in place if he has to, or he can flash freeze him, or simply grab him with a magical hand and lift him in the air, rendering him helpless. He'll move on to support the rest of my team after that.

Black Rock Shooter will be in charge of Megatron with a host of attacks, as well as Greed with a barrage of attacks as well.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#3 Posted by nickthedevil (12575 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: Well thank you, not the team I had originally chosen, but my team nonetheless.

Megatron

Strength: Shown to have no upper limit of strength, his greater strength feats only show that Megatron has picked up tanker trucks without effort, tear apart other Transformer's limbs, and even best Optimus Prime (Who [in Episode #1, Season 1] was able to support an oil field structure in the middle of the ocean) in grapples. Still, for this battle, we're putting the cap at 20 tons.

Sight: Transformers have thermal and UV sensors in their optics (More Than Meets the Eye, Episode 1, Season1)

Flight: Every Decepticon has the ability of flight, but their speed is unknown. In various episodes, they're able to travel anywhere in the world in a few scant minutes.

Durability: Megatron's durability is legendary, even by Cybertron standards. Having phased off blaster fire, including his own fusion cannon on occasion, his stamina is just as great as his durability, even able to stay alive well after his body has become destroyed.

Fusion Cannon & other energy output: Shown to have a variety of blaster settings, it's highest output showing (When not being amped by outside force) Has been to blow apart mountains into halves (The Transformers: The Movie). Megatron has also been shown to shoot electricity from his hands and laser beams from his eyes.

Technopathy: All transformers have a degree of Technopathy, simply by touching tech, can influence and control it. Megtron, however, has had the best showing, by transferring his consciousness into an entire government super-defense system (Day of the Machines, Episode 31, Season 2)

Energy Absorption: Megatron can absorb limited forms of energy, but his most efficient and potential form of energy is electricty, which amps his every aspect ( Transport to Oblivion, Episode 5, Season 1)

Captain Cold:

Captain Cold has the superhuman ability to removes the kinetic energy from atoms of any substance, from solid to liquid to gas, and converting them to absolute zero, which, as a side effect, creates the ice he fights with. Has enough mastery with it to slow down objects in motion, IE, The Flash.

Greed:

Super Stength: Greed possesses an amount of Strenght that allows him to Tear through tank metal (FMA: Brotherhood Episode 58)

Durability: With his shields on, Greed can withstand any physical damage to his body

Healing Factor: Added to his shield, Greed has a Healing factor that enables him to heal from practically any physical damage.

Super Speed: As a Homunculus, Greed possesses Speed above human perception, that allows him to be a bullet timer.

Cybermen:

Strength: Cybermen, over the years, have shown various feats of strength, including being able to rip through cars with minimal effort and toss people around like ragdolls.

Technopathy: Cybermen have the ability to plug into machines, and bend them to their whim. Not to the scale of a Transformer, but enough to download, upload, and weaponize.

Weaponry: Cybermen have a variety of weaponry, including Mind control ear pieces, Cybermats (Which are small cyborg-like fish, which have been able to feed off electrical energy, and certain types of electromagnetic waves, including brain waves.) and X-ray guns which fire radiation, Tri-guns which imprison their enemies, and more recently, wrist lasers. At a more physical level, Cybermen can shoot electricity from their hands, and can also send lethal currents of it into whatever they touch.

Durability: The Cybermen have metal plating that let's them be completely invulnerable to artillery fire.

Super Speed: Up until their latest showing ("Nightmare in Silver", Episode 12, Doctor Who: Season 7), The Cybermen were extremely slow, alike zombies. Now, they have been upgraded with Superspeed that enables them to move "faster than the eye can see".

Prep Time:

What do Decepticons always do with Prep? They find ways to amp themselves, and almost every time, in the same way. Energon. In every episode, The Decepticon's highest priority is to consume Energon. So it is not unlike him to use this prep to make, and consume Energon. In minutes, Decepticons already have stockpiles of them. At the same time they fight Autobots in a firefight.

Alone and without Autobot interference, Megatron will already have a considerable amount. Enough to Amp him to desired levels.

Cybermen even, need others to begin planning. Alone, A Cyberman will just find ways to build friends, and Cyber-convert the Fire Nation locals. Which will be excellent, since we can actually affect the locals. This Cyberman will bring his mind control ear pieces, Cybermats, and what he needs for his Cyber Conversion machines.

The rest of my team? Aren't planners.

With group Prep: My team can begin syncing up. Megatron can aid in building the cyber-converters along with the Cyberman. My team has no morals. Greed's innate need to own everything brings him into common ground with the rest of the team, but Captain Cold's subjugation at the hands of a Cyber-controller ear piece will be enough. Captain Cold will be tasked with flash freezing locals and bringing them back to be converted. (Flash Annual #1 Parts 2 and 4)

In it's process, it sounds like there is not enough prep time, correct? Which is very much so true. But that's part of the plan. Not only are we on opposite sides of a huge city, and a castle-like wall, Captain Cold can freeze entire stadiums and can encase entire blocks at a time here to close off locals from leaving, and your team from entering.

Now to counter your tactic,

I have to ask, just exactly where do you plan to download my team's info from? I mean, we're not exactly in a technological area with supercomputers with info of creatures from the other end of the universe, and millions of years in the future. Even if you plan on hacking Cybertronian or Cyberman tech, there's not really anything you'll find. The Cyberman isn't connected to a Cyber Controller or Cyber King, and Megatron's tech is too advanced for you to hack through with Cable. You put yourself at risk to be subjugated by Megatron.

Also, it seems like you thought I was using Pre-52 Captain Cold... LOl, my bad. I thought we were, by default, using their current incarnations if it wasn't specified otherwise.

As to your EMP, I concede that it would work, but only on my Cybermen. That being said, it's precisely why the Cybermat was brought. Not only that, you wouldn't get clsoe enough to use it before we had a large number of Cybermen. With Greed and Cybermen speed, good luck using it. Absolutely None of your team seems able to withstand Fusion Cannon blasts. Blasts which, mind you, can be shot from afar in the sky. (0:40)

When it comes down to it, my team beats yours with little effort, due to being outnumbered and outclassed. Your team has no special durabilty to take what each of my members can throw at them. Captain Cold's effects can disable machines, and when you look at the science of it (Ain't that a contradiction?) in the Pre-52 universe, his explanation of his gun was "Removing Electrons from atoms". What would that do to things like an EMP wave?

Your move.

#4 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@docnick:

Alright.

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I think I'm going to anyway. But as much respect as I have for your team, I do not believe they have a chance against mine. Not because mine is superior to yours, because as far as power levels go, I think your team is as strong as mine, and has a lot of advantages over mine in a lot of scenarios.

However, I think my team has a power set that takes advantage of your team's weaknesses.

Toki Fujiwara.

Toki will get rid of all your Cybermen and essentially rip Megatron to shreds with his powers.

Handling Cybermen

At Birth, Toki's powers were sealed away and distributed to his adopted sister because they were too powerful. He scrambled every electronic device in the hospital he was born. His powers were given back to him later on and he has much more control over them.

Before he was given his full powers back, he wipes out the power and security systems for a large mansion. He could, realistically, completely disable Captain Cold's tech long before he even comes close to it. Unless you can prove it's immune to electromagnetic pulses.

He can also conjure lightning

Toki can shoot scraps of metal (in this case, bullets he caught) at incredible speeds. Here he catches a bunch of bullets with his magnetism after they've been fired, and then reflects them back fast enough to shred his targets

Toki's bullets are much much more powerful than regular bullets. They have more metal and he can are affected by his electromagnetism. This is a depowered version of him shooting them so fast that a hypersonic being (known as a Rare Kind in his universe) looks at them as almost instantly appearing in front of his face. The guy dodges a bunch of these relatively easily, but gets tagged by some as well.

Finally, he can turn any piece of metal into a projectile. That same rare kind who was dodging his bullets earlier with mild difficulty, winds up as scrap when Toki throws screws, nuts, and bolts at him with his magnetism. They are massively hypersonic when he throws them.

Overall:

Toki can turn your Cybermen into his own projectiles, or he can just EMP or just throw electrical attacks their direction. They have been shown to be extremely vulnerable to this kind of attack in the past, so I don't see why they would be immune to it now.

Megatron is essentially a giant metal monstrosity. Though formidable against any other kind of opponent, against a master of magnetism, he'll be scrap metal almost instantly. I mean that as respectfully as powerful, because Megatron is a powerful character, but he's composed completely of metal, and should also be vulnerable to an EMP.

As for Captain Cold, he uses metal devices and electronic devices, which should all be susceptible to Toki's attacks as well.

Over and above this he starts the battle invisible, and immune to electronic detection (thanks to Cable's Dominus Objective). So your team will have no idea he's even coming.

Pharaun Mizzrym

He will set up a contingency spell with Bigsby's Crushing Hand. It's one of his favorite spells. If any of your team members hits him physically, it will instantly conjure one of these to grab them and crush them. He will also be casting a second one of these on Greed, which will hold him in place.

He'll also send his ring out to fight Megatron, and once the Cybermen, and Megatron are taken care of, he'll move in on Captain Cold.

He'll then sling lightning bolts and fireballs from a distance.

Cable

He will let our a hail of plasma rifle fire at Megatron while he pursues Captain Cold. He'll be certain to stay out of Toki's EMP field. When he gets within a half mile or more of Captain Cold, he will begin to grab Captain Cold's devices with the Cone of Silence. He will also disable Captain Cold and Greed at the same time by downloading archives into their brains simultaneously and forcefully using the Dominus Objective. It's like a telepathic assault, except it even works on people who are immune to telepathy. It can even work on Deadpool.

Black Rock Shooter

She will be in charge of handling Megatron, Cybermen, and Greed from a distance.

Shown in the video:

Superhuman across the board.

0:20-1:30 - Displays superhuman speeds. She can fly at immense speeds, she can tank attacks that send her through 10 meters of stone and collapse the floor of a building falling on top of her. However, she shows she's susceptible to piercing attacks, but at the same time she does survive the attack and is back fighting within a day, fully recovered. So she does have a healing factor.

3:00-3:10 - Dodges an explosion by jumping 40 feet in the air.

3:35-4:10 - Dodges 3 opponents at once, each moving at superhuman speeds. Also blocks those attacks with her transforming arm. Then unloads her rock shooter, which shoots bullet speed projectiles that shred through stone and blow apart walls upon contact. They look to have about a 2 meter explosion radius per projectile, and these things are fully automatic.

4:20-5:00 - Blocks an attack that shreds through the floor of the massive cathedral. So she can easily block AoE attacks with her weapon.

5:00-5:50 - Aeriel battle, blocks several attacks against multiple opponents, transforms arm, etc.

6:00-6:50 - Dodges dozens of chain projectiles and blocks/deflects them with ease, as well as slice through them with no effort. Then dodges a bunch of superhuman attacks with no problem, and leaps over 100 meters in a second to get away.

6:54-7:20 - Dodges and blocks attacks pretty easily, unleashes her gun again after transforming her weapon, and then breaks her opponents weapon with a block.

7:25-7:45 - Blocks and dodges multiple projectiles and her opponent simultaneously. Winds up getting caught in this scene by a bunch of chains.

8:15-8:30 - Wrapped in a bunch of chains, she breaks out with mild difficult.

Remember, she's invisible because of Pharaun. And cannot be detected until she uses her first ability.

Invisibility

It's only active until they commit to an action that affects a person or the environment. They can run, move, float, levitate, etc.

Pharaun and Cable Feats

I will back up all my claims with feats. However, I left my phone at work, so I'm sort of SoL on backing up my claims atm.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#5 Posted by nickthedevil (12575 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright then. I'll start with several things you lacked to touch on in your rebuttal. Firstly, Captain Cold. You have not stated how you were to get through the Ice barriers that'd be set up around our team's general vicinity. Next, you talk about beating Captain Cold by relieving him of his tech. But he doesn't have any tech. He's a meta human with the power to take kinetic energy away from his surroundings. There's no way you'd be able to even get close to him, with everything you've given me. And think about this, An assault team comprised of Greed and Cold would absolutely decimate your team. Your own team is comprised of metals as well. Metals and cold don't mix. Besides that fact, your magnetics wouldn't be relevant. Based on the field around, there's no metal for you to wield. Let's also factor in that Captain Cold doesn't even need to be around when he want's to change the setting. In. A flash, he can change the area around themselves into a giant glacier, and have the ability to bend the ice around him. Much like a Water bender, now that I think about it. The only real problem I can see happening is your magic wielder. But that's not the object of the assault team. The object is to get rid of (at least) Toki. 95/100 chance says they succeed in at least that.

#6 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@docnick said:

Alright then. I'll start with several things you lacked to touch on in your rebuttal. Firstly, Captain Cold. You have not stated how you were to get through the Ice barriers that'd be set up around our team's general vicinity. Next, you talk about beating Captain Cold by relieving him of his tech. But he doesn't have any tech. He's a meta human with the power to take kinetic energy away from his surroundings. There's no way you'd be able to even get close to him, with everything you've given me. And think about this, An assault team comprised of Greed and Cold would absolutely decimate your team. Your own team is comprised of metals as well. Metals and cold don't mix. Besides that fact, your magnetics wouldn't be relevant. Based on the field around, there's no metal for you to wield. Let's also factor in that Captain Cold doesn't even need to be around when he want's to change the setting. In. A flash, he can change the area around themselves into a giant glacier, and have the ability to bend the ice around him. Much like a Water bender, now that I think about it. The only real problem I can see happening is your magic wielder. But that's not the object of the assault team. The object is to get rid of (at least) Toki. 95/100 chance says they succeed in at least that.

Toki

Even with no metal around my team, which is a ridiculous statement. The Fire Nation had metal weapons, armor, and vehicles throughout the entire Avatar series, so I don't see why he wouldn't have any metal to manipulate, he can still manipulate your Cybermen, and Megatron, who is made out of metal.

As for dealing with Captain Cold, he lacks the strength to stand up to Toki. The only one who could potentially get near him would be Greed, but the rest of my team shouldn't have much issue with him, he has no resistance against being held above the battle field with the Cone of Silence or Pharaun's "Bigsby's Crushing Hand"

Toki doesn't NEED metal to take out Captain Cold. If Captain Cold comes anywhere near him, Toki will annihilate him with quicksilver (mercury) before his cold field can harm him:

The mercury is in his standard equipment, just an FYI.

Okay, this guy he's fighting is tanking all of the 600 pound I-Beams he's whipping at the guy without any damage. However, when Toki himself hits the guy, he does damage. This guy is showing some pretty decent levels of speed, durability, and skill and when Toki hits him, this guy feels it, plain as day.

The big thing here is he busts out a vial of Mercury, it's his secret weapon really.

With his electromagnetism he can force it between a vapor, a liquid, and a solid. It can float around him in the environment, or it can become a liquid and splash across his opponent, and be molded with ease, and in the same instant it can become rigid enough to pierce through reinforced steel.

When it's in it's gas state, he can use it to heighten his reflexes and his senses. When someone enters this mercury field, Toki can sense their movement through his electromagnetism, which is his keenist sense.

He can also create a doppleganger of himself as he shifts away from his opponent's strike, which can throw someone off when they feel their hit connect, but their opponent is suddenly behind them.

When formed into it's solid form, he can move it as a projectile and pierce through someone pretty easily.

When in it's liquid form, he can force it to cover a person, and then solidify it to trap them in place. Essentially, he can completely immobilize a target pretty easily by pinning their strength against the strength of his electromagnetism.

Finally, because mercury naturally turns into a vapor at room temperature, unknown to his opponent they inhale the mercury throughout their fight with him. If a fight continues too long within the mercury, and they inhale too much, he can force the mercury within their lungs and body to solidify, and forcibly rip it out of them.

Here's the rest of the fight:

Geo-Magnetism

He can also alter Earth's gravitational pull over a small area. With this, he was able to crush Ogami Rei, who, at this point in the manga, is at the 10 ton strength level.

Unless Captain Cold has extremely enhanced strength, Toki can crush him under the Earth's magnetic field:

Cable:

This is Cable's Standard Equipment:

No, I'm not kidding. With his standard prep time, he will be bringing this arsenal.

Plasma Weapons

Here's just a few feats. The first one is it blowing away Prester John in full costume. In this outfit he's about a 50 tonner with matching durability. His force field is down, but Cable's plasma rifle still knocks the guy back. Pretty impressive, this thing packs a wallop.

Dominus Objective

Here's an explanation of exactly what it is.

Dominus Objective, Offensive

Offensively, this can be used like telepathy, and inapacitate people. Here's him doing it to a bunch of guards. I can also provide the scan of him threatening to do it to Deadpool, who is immune to telepathy.

However, this is useless against machines, so he could only use it on Greed or Captain Cold

Cone of Silence

Here's an explanation of what it is, as well as some examples of what it can do. It can affect things across an entire island if he needs to (in fact, it's actually designed to affect an area that big). It's pretty powerful, and he uses it to affect swarms of people. He could easily contain a group of your characters inside a giant shield, preventing them from being able to escape of affect things outside that area.

Against Luke Cage

Here's him grabbing and shoulder throwing Luke Cage through some steel contraptions. Cable is easily in the 10-15 ton range.

Pharaun Mizzrym

Alright, now he can take out hordes of people at once with his chain lightning attack, and he can levitate at will as well:

Pharaun can hit about 20 targets with this 1 attack.

Chain lightning:

Pharaun vs. Alhoon

Alhoon are pretty ridiculous, they are essentially city-level telepaths who can also cast godly levels of magic because they are also liches.

Spell Demonstrated

• Conjures forked lightning bolts that scatter across a small area
  • Conjures a swarm of phantoms to claw, scratch, and screech at his target. As phantoms, they require metaphysical damage, magic damage, or special means of attack to harm.
  • Conjures 5 elemental spheres to attack his target. Fire, Sonic, Cold, Acid, and Lightning, and each seek out their target and strike, and explode on contact.
  • Conjures a giant hand made of ice to grab onto an 8 foot+ tall construct and hold it in the air.
  • Transforms into a 9 foot tall demon with giant wings, sturdy scales, and a huge whip. Also gives him knowledge on how to use it.
  • Conjures an illusion to change his opponent into him, and him into his opponent (phantasmal). This is a powerful enough spell to fool a conjured construct, so it can fool automatic sensors.

Other feats:

Dodges lightning, dodges projectiles, his cloak tanks explosions, and tanks a wide assortment of spells (lightning, fire, sonic, etc.).

Pharaun vs. Priest Patrol

For the first few pages he's being crushed under a magical constricting net.

He turns his silver ring into a magical rapier that lunges at it's target and slashes/pierces it until it's magically dispelled.

Spells

• Conjures a giant hand to lift him and his companion 25 feet into the air in an instant. (hand can be conjured where he wants to conjure it).
  • Conjures a massive cone of cold that encompasses his opponent and kills him. Through his opponent's magical defenses against it.
  • Throws a ball of lightning out.
  • Conjures a magical globe of darkness over his opponent's face, blinding them.
  • Magical shout that stuns and sends a swarm of giant bat-like creatures tumbling backwards in a dze.

Other feats

Tanks lightning bolts, handles getting squeezed to death, and dodges dozens of opponents simultaneously.

Pharaun vs. Greyanna

This is his sister. He assassinates her.

Spells:

• Conjures magic missiles that seek and smash their opponents.

Other feats:

Is stabbed through the arm and slashed across the hand, but still conjures spells with just his voice.

Pharaun vs. Mage Patrol

First Scan: Just him making an illusionary disguise for himself and his friend. This disguises their appearance, their equipment and etc. Megatron may not be fooled by this, but the rest your team will have a hard time picking out my team from civilians if they think my team are fire nation soldiers.

Spells

• Shoot a wide area of affect arc of lightning that kills a bunch of guards (who are geared against this sort of thing), kills a bunch of guards as well.
  • Flies into the air with a thought (without breaking the concentration on his spell).
  • Sends out a dagger of ice that explodes into a bunch of shards that scratch and pierce their targets.
  • Conjures a gap in the fabric of reality and his opponent falls into it, BFR'd forever (as per the rules, he can't use the spell in this scenario).
  • Transforms his opponent into glass. The effect only lasts about five minutes, and then they revert back, but if destroyed in this state they are done for.

Strategy

Same as before.

As you can see, Pharaun has a multitude of ways to handle your team from a distance. As can Cable. As per the rules, Cable can actually disable 2 of your characters with his telepathic assaults. So Greed and Captain Cold can be taken out this way. Though Megatron and Cybermen would be immune to this.

Swarms of Cybermen can be handled by Pharaun and Toki.

Over and above this I have Black Rock Shooter to fire grenade level blasts in full automatic against your team.

Finally, Cable has all his guns and etc. if worst comes to worst. Toki and him can start firing plasma guns at your team and take them out that way.

How will my team get past your cold field? Well, assuming he doesn't freeze your own team to death within it, I've already proven Cable can affect people from a distance, and Toki can increase gravity in a small area from a distance, and can crush him. If that fails, Pharaun can send in his phantoms, if that fails there's magical lightning, plasma weapons, giant ice hands, giant translucent hands, magical missiles, stunning shouts, elemental spheres, etc. etc.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#7 Posted by nickthedevil (12575 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: as per Black Rock

0:20-1:30 - Displays superhuman speeds. She can fly at immense speeds, she can tank attacks that send her through 10 meters of stone and collapse the floor of a building falling on top of her. However, she shows she's susceptible to piercing attacks, but at the same time she does survive the attack and is back fighting within a day, fully recovered. So she does have a healing factor.

I'd hardly call that Superspeed. unless we got some comparisons to go ff of, some relative point. It's also pretty dubious to say she "Tanked" the blow that sent her through the ground, or the rubble collapsing on top of her. No rubble fell on her, and it took her a bit to actually get back up in time. Also, the healing factor isn't good enough to reall make a difference.

3:00-3:10 - Dodges an explosion by jumping 40 feet in the air.

Wasn't an Explosion. more like they were trying to ram her.

3:35-4:10 - Dodges 3 opponents at once, each moving at superhuman speeds. Also blocks those attacks with her transforming arm. Then unloads her rock shooter, which shoots bullet speed projectiles that shred through stone and blow apart walls upon contact. They look to have about a 2 meter explosion radius per projectile, and these things are fully automatic.

I'll give you this one. Seems to do exactly as you say, but I don't see this giving any problems to Greed, Captain Cold, or Megatron.

4:20-5:00 - Blocks an attack that shreds through the floor of the massive cathedral. So she can easily block AoE attacks with her weapon.

She didn't block it, so much as shield her face from the wind, or the concussive force of it. The ground beneath her took time to crumble. Still, this point might be able to be argued?

5:00-5:50 - Aeriel battle, blocks several attacks against multiple opponents, transforms arm, etc.

Cool beans. But as far as her transforming arm goes, I'd like to know why she didn't just blow those flying skulls apart with the artillery she was using earlier. Did she run out of that specific ammunition, or???

6:00-6:50 - Dodges dozens of chain projectiles and blocks/deflects them with ease, as well as slice through them with no effort. Then dodges a bunch of superhuman attacks with no problem, and leaps over 100 meters in a second to get away.

6:54-7:20 - Dodges and blocks attacks pretty easily, unleashes her gun again after transforming her weapon, and then breaks her opponents weapon with a block.

7:25-7:45 - Blocks and dodges multiple projectiles and her opponent simultaneously. Winds up getting caught in this scene by a bunch of chains.

8:15-8:30 - Wrapped in a bunch of chains, she breaks out with mild difficult.

Seem like more generic skills. Nothing to really Address.

As I said, how well will she work once her metal becomes brittle and frosted?

Megatron in 9:10 Puts up a shield to deflect Starscream's Null Ray. A gun that's too powerful, that it can hold only one charge at a time.

Greed,

1:20, Faces off against Army men, even tanking their bullets and an RPG.

1:46, Greed rips through the army squads, and tanks the Elevator Floor coming down and the tunnel exploding.

2:30, Greed tanks bullets, and a Car tries ramming him. Instead, he punches through it and Jumps out of the ensuing explosion. Pretty high and pretty fast.

3:00, We see results.

Captain Cold: Making Walls, stairs, and flash freezing people in less than a second. Has to be fast enough to contend with the Flash, and he shows it.

Here he faces off against the Flash, we see him lifting an entire Ship above the air, considerably as well. We also see him tag the Flash, who, btw, is slightly depowered, but gets faster as the battle goes on.

#8 Edited by nickthedevil (12575 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: Let's see some of Toki's magnetism feats, btw.

Right... It's not a team yet. Just Greed and Cold against your four. First.

Oh, I also forgot to add that the Transformers cartoons can actually weaponize Electromagnetics. As seen in Transformers Season 2, "Kremzeek". They power themselves with it.

Toki isn't a threat to him there.

Explain to me how Mercury get's through Cold? It's a lost weapon as soon as he uses it. As Soon as it's released into the air, he's manipulating it as well.

Okay. So between Cold and Toki, what'd happen? Either Cold freezes the entire vicinity first,

or you can potentially crush him via gravity. Okay. But who do you think is quicker on the draw? Sure. You can even maybe use the mercury to heighten your reflexes. But that's irrelevant. Try arguing the point that he gets so fast, he get's faster than the Flash. I'd call BS.

SO I repeat, who's faster on the draw here? Someone who combats the Flash in 1v1, or Toki.

On another note, there's a reason I chose these two. Sure, you may have Telepathy, but so??? I implore you to try. Captain Cold is pretty much a Cyberman Already, as stated in my initial prep. Hooked into his Nervous system and all, he's no longer human.

And Greed's mind is already carrying two inhabitants One of which, is something otherworldly. Not to mention the fact that he's not human either. He's a Homunculus.

So, you're really only arguing the point of, Captain Cold and Greed vs your team.

My Cybermen and an amped Megatron are still converting the population into more Cybermen. Let's not forget to add the Cybermats. Little machines that are the size of Rats, and feed off of brain waves... Wouldn't they be able to "eat" Telepathy too? that and make your team a bunch of vegetables.

SO Recap. Conversion machine making an Army of Cybermen. Cyborgs with superspeed, super stregth, Electrical discharge, Plasma guns, and enhanced durability, being shielded by giant walls of ice, and a hundred foot transformer with superspeed, who can blow apart mountains with a single shot. Did I forget to say he's amped too?

EDIT:

I Feel as though the only threat I really need to address at all is Toki. so, don't feel like ht erest of your team is being left out.

#9 Edited by mightyrearranger (1611 posts) - - Show Bio

@docnick: Are those really the specs of Cold's New52 superpowers, as stated in the new Flash? I was kinda scared the DC crew made him into purely an ice-meta, which is what those scans make it seem like.

Is there a page I can reference where he mentions being able to reach absolute zero with his new powers?

*Not that I don't trust you, but this is the comics company that's reintroducing Bronze Tiger as a literal tiger-man, so I'm not to trustworthy of them anymore, lol.

#10 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@docnick:

Captain Cold in New 52 produces a field that reduces the Flash to human speeds, so him reacting to the Flash after the Flash has entered his kinetic field seems sort of ridiculous...

And why does my team have to enter his cold field? Yes, it can affect a stadium sized area, whereas Cable can affect an entire island that is the home for tens of thousands of residents. By range alone I would give Cable the advantage.

Toki

He affects things with Geo-Magnetism as well as Electro-Magnetism. That's two separate forms of magnetism. And they aren't the only ones who feed off of magnetism.

Toki can feed off the Earth's magnetic field to empower himself.

Over and above this he can use his power to cancel out other powers, as shown above and in a multitude of scans I've already provided.

Reflexes

Captain Cold can take care of the Flash while the Flash's speed is reduced to normal levels within his kinetic barrier. That's true.

Toki can shoot a sniper round out of the air with a pistol, and snipe a sniper from a kilometer or more away without a scope, and while using handgun. And no, this isn't with magnetism, when he's a child he's in his depowered state known as his "lost state", which creates a massive alteration to his phyiscal form for 24 hours and removes his super powers.

He is able to snipe this bullet out of the air after its been fired btw.

Cybermen

Produce as many as you want, they are merely projectiles for Toki. Toki can launch them at bullet speeds across the city if he has to. They are essentially giant projectiles for him. Or Cable can crush them like tin cans with his Cone of Silence, or I suppose Black Rock can eliminate them with her gun. Or Pharaun can take them out 20 at a time with his spells. I can find a list of other things my team can do to them.

Your team:

Captain Cold still has to get near my team to affect them. Affecting a stadium sized area is great, but Toki himself was able to affect something across a city park wide area, in fact he was able to roll a bunch of steel into a giant cannon ball and launching it to the top of a skyscraper. He was able to do this while completely exhausted btw. Though he needed help for his final attack.

I've provided plenty of Gauss cannon feats already. So I won't bother posting more.

The rest of my team:

I still don't see what's protecting Cybermen and Megatron from being annihilated at distance by Black Rock Shooter. My team all has comm links, and thanks to the infonet, they should be fully aware of your team's capabilities. I can simply stay out of the cold field and affect your team from a distance, my entire team is capable of extreme long range.

And I have yet to see anything protecting Greed from the Dominus Objective. So that's sort of a moot point. If your team wants to make Captain Cold a Cyberman, then he'll be even more susceptible to Toki's magnetism.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#11 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by mightyrearranger (1611 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone take any Gantz Devices in this battle and I missed it, or were you all just too good for them? haha

Also, if Cold really did retain his "Cold Field" after becoming a meta, I'm not sure what anyone could throw at him that would connect, if he just stops the motion of said objects or characters without requiring his gun.

Gonna go check out that New Flash issue now, I guess. Y'all got me curious, good DC marketing scheme here, haha.

#13 Edited by nickthedevil (12575 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to go with @floopay

Stay out of it. It's not over yet, considering that he seems to be forgetting my entire prep plan.

@floopay said:

@docnick:

Captain Cold in New 52 produces a field that reduces the Flash to human speeds, so him reacting to the Flash after the Flash has entered his kinetic field seems sort of ridiculous...

And why does my team have to enter his cold field? Yes, it can affect a stadium sized area, whereas Cable can affect an entire island that is the home for tens of thousands of residents. By range alone I would give Cable the advantage.

The only ridiculous thing here is that you're saying The Flash gets to human speed after entering the cold field. Is it just me, Do I just not lift enough? or should I be able to punch through walls of Ice too? You know, since I'm at human speed and all. If Flash were at human speed, why does he dodge the Ice constructs from below? Or punch through Captain Cold's Construct?

My point stands. Captain Cold is faster by far.

@floopay said:

Toki

He affects things with Geo-Magnetism as well as Electro-Magnetism. That's two separate forms of magnetism. And they aren't the only ones who feed off of magnetism.

Toki can feed off the Earth's magnetic field to empower himself.

As cool as that is, it doesn't seem so impressive... Unless I'm reading it wrong. What is it eactly, that he's amping? and how does it affect him? Both feats, the "Pillar of Steel" and the attack they shoot at each other don't look all too impressive. Maybe generic Street level status, at best. The pillar doesn't look to be more than a few tens of feet big, and the attack doesn't do much but be a small concussive force, kicking up more dust than actually having destructive effects. Also, Abolute zero cancels out your magnetism powers, FUI.

Theoretically, Absolute Zero removes the Kinetic energy of Charged Electrons.

While Magnetic fields are resulted from the motion of negatively charged electrons.

See the problem with that?

@floopay said:

Reflexes

Captain Cold can take care of the Flash while the Flash's speed is reduced to normal levels within his kinetic barrier. That's true.

Toki can shoot a sniper round out of the air with a pistol, and snipe a sniper from a kilometer or more away without a scope, and while using handgun. And no, this isn't with magnetism, when he's a child he's in his depowered state known as his "lost state", which creates a massive alteration to his phyiscal form for 24 hours and removes his super powers.

He is able to snipe this bullet out of the air after its been fired btw.

Cool beans. But still irrelevant. The speed isn't much to be impressed about either when I've shown you what I just did.

@floopay said:

Cybermen

Produce as many as you want, they are merely projectiles for Toki. Toki can launch them at bullet speeds across the city if he has to. They are essentially giant projectiles for him. Or Cable can crush them like tin cans with his Cone of Silence, or I suppose Black Rock can eliminate them with her gun. Or Pharaun can take them out 20 at a time with his spells. I can find a list of other things my team can do to them.

Okay, you make them sound like Cannon Fodder. But they Destroy Armies and convert entire populations within a few days. Better yet, you're still assuming you have powers of magnetism, or that Toki is still even alive. Do you think that the two best preppers in this battle, would let their biggest threat go unchecked? Best preppers being Megatron and the Cybermen, respectively.

They're armed with plasma weaponry, Super speed that let's them go faster than a human eye can see, and have things in their ammunition that literally eats brainwaves, and Electrical energy. Tell me how that doesn't put a kink in your works. What would that really do to telepathic or telepathic energy?

@floopay said:

Your team:

Captain Cold still has to get near my team to affect them. Affecting a stadium sized area is great, but Toki himself was able to affect something across a city park wide area, in fact he was able to roll a bunch of steel into a giant cannon ball and launching it to the top of a skyscraper. He was able to do this while completely exhausted btw. Though he needed help for his final attack.

I've provided plenty of Gauss cannon feats already. So I won't bother posting more.

Remind me again, which scan showed him reaching across a city park wide area? Also, I've lived in Los Angeles and Las Vegas.... A "City Park" range varies drastically, from something, like New York's Central Park, believe you me. So I'd like to see that, if you will?

@floopay said:

The rest of my team:

I still don't see what's protecting Cybermen and Megatron from being annihilated at distance by Black Rock Shooter. My team all has comm links, and thanks to the infonet, they should be fully aware of your team's capabilities. I can simply stay out of the cold field and affect your team from a distance, my entire team is capable of extreme long range.

And I have yet to see anything protecting Greed from the Dominus Objective. So that's sort of a moot point. If your team wants to make Captain Cold a Cyberman, then he'll be even more susceptible to Toki's magnetism.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Black Rock Shooter, as Already stated, can't contend with Megatron and the Cybermen army. That's assuming she get's past Cold. Also, The cold field isn't something that can be seen. it's just there. That's the beauty of it.

And okay. Show me a feat of hers that proves she can withstand a building-busting attack, much less a Mountain-buster.

No, Captain Cold isn't a Cyberman. He's just brain-dead and comatose in a moving body. Not conversion, yet.

All this would be impressive, if it could pertain to the battle.

I didn't even remind you that Megatron and the Cybermen are amped in this battle. Megatron's Fusion cannon, without added energy busted mountains apart, as seen in my first post. Now he's amped. When Amped, Megatron Fought off the entire army of Autobots, Optimus Prime included, and defeated them. None were left working or functioning. "Heart of Cybertron", Season 2.

#14 Posted by nickthedevil (12575 posts) - - Show Bio

@docnick: Are those really the specs of Cold's New52 superpowers, as stated in the new Flash? I was kinda scared the DC crew made him into purely an ice-meta, which is what those scans make it seem like.

Is there a page I can reference where he mentions being able to reach absolute zero with his new powers?

*Not that I don't trust you, but this is the comics company that's reintroducing Bronze Tiger as a literal tiger-man, so I'm not to trustworthy of them anymore, lol.

Haha, no, DC let him keep his cold field.

References being Flash Annual #1 and Flash #7-8. It's not outright expressed, but both Flash and Cold talk about how his "Ice doesn't mix with Flash's speed". And how Captain Cold can slow down the Flash enough so that he can see him coming.

Did anyone take any Gantz Devices in this battle and I missed it, or were you all just too good for them? haha

Also, if Cold really did retain his "Cold Field" after becoming a meta, I'm not sure what anyone could throw at him that would connect, if he just stops the motion of said objects or characters without requiring his gun.

Haha, Idk, totally missed that part.

And yeah, that's the reason I chose this Captain Cold. Being a meta also gives him better versatility. :)

a slightly amped Megatron was capable of doing this. "Heavy Metal War" Season 1, Episode 14. ALthough, it doesn't make sense that Optimus deflected a hit from the Fusion cannon with his arm. Or why Optimus shot a beam from his palm... but seeing as how it looked more like fire, (Which Megatron does have in his arsenal) I'm taking it as so.

#15 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@docnick:

How is your team getting anywhere near Toki? My team can affect yours from across the city. Cable will have Captain Cold in a bubble the moment the battle starts, or better yet, he'll funnel his abilities towards the sky. He's done it before, it should easily contain the cold field, or if he wanted to, funnel it directly at your own team.

Better yet, how does Captain Cold even defend against phantoms, who are unaffected by temperature, clawing at his face? Yeah, they only last about ten minutes, but that should be more than enough time to do some damage. Phantoms can fly through walls, solid objects and can claw solid matter when they need to.

Best Prepsters in this battle

That's highly debatable. A depowered Cable was able to give himself a pseudo version of his telekinesis and telepathy with little to no prep time at all. He's also from the 39th century and has access to Celestial technology. He's spent his entire life fighting, and has taken on people well above his pay grade using superior tactics and intelligence. He's also somewhere around 60-80 years old, and has spent most of those years fighting and leading.

Then we have Pharaun Mizzrym. Who's enslaved and trapped demons for fun, harvested them for resources, and always has a contingency for whatever happens to him. A D&D Wizard is never a good thing to go against, especially when they have full access to information on their opponent. Considering his resources include Sorcere, which allows him access to Gromph and a host of other wizards who can help him gather information across dimensional boarders with no more than a name, I think he'll be ready for anything your team has to offer.

Toki Fujiwara has gifted intelligence, and has defined his attacks around the properties of physics. In the scans I've provided already I've shown Gauss Cannon is based on the concepts of attraction, and distribution of force. He also learned how to use electromagnetism to create lightning, torsion fields, and manipulate gravity. His intelligence is ridiculous. Plus he has long range not only from his bullets, but from the plasma pistol Cable will be providing him. One which hits with the force of an RPG blast.

Cable

Range

Covers a portion of this island, and is able to project his shield all the way to the stratosphere. Also, this device was designed to create a forcefield across the entire island, as shown in a previously uploaded scan. So he's got range.

And here he's able to patch networks and damaged electrical devices across a major city in a small country (Rumekistan). He also planned for, and used an assassination attempt against himself and the destruction of his plan to power the country to cement his future in the country.

It should also be noted in the fifth/sixth scans, he appears out of nowhere. That's because Cable can teleport.

Toki Fujiwara

Toki can also do things like conjure Torsion fields and can tank attacks that effortlessly slice through steel and iron.

As for killing Toki, that'll be much harder than you think. Toki can sense any disruption in his magnetic field, and can feel metals across untold distance (I've already provided scans of him tracking a faint magnetic signal across Tokyo).

Note: This is from long long ago when he was a much weaker character.

His range is huge actually. Just his normal broadcasted magnetism while in battle can disable electronic devices across several miles. He can affect huge areas.

The last one is what was said after his battle with someone named Yuuki.

Yuuki vs Toki

Yuuki is a sound manipulator. When fully unleashing his power, the foundations of an entire building started to falter and it threatened the collapse of the entire building. He was not attacking the building, he was about 50 meters away fighting somebody and it was just a byproduct of the situation.

Much like the third scan above, the same thing happens to this subway, it eventually collapses btw.

Yuuki is a hypersonic speedster (Mach 1 without any amplifications, but he can go faster by an undetermined amount), and Toki has zero issue dodging his attacks, and initially, Yuuki can't even "blow the smoke" on Toki's cigarette using his sound manipulation, because Toki's magnetic field cancels his attack out entirely and stops his body from entering.

Toki wins this fight without much issue:

End of the fight:

Though I doubt he'll need to resort to any of this.

He can affect gravity, as shown in many of the previous scans I've provided. It looks as if Gravity is still in full effect in all of Captain Cold's fights, so I don't see why Toki can't affect that. Or why Cable can't channel Captain Cold's cold field to some other part of the battlefield.

And yes, Captain Cold can conjure fields of absolute zero, but Toki can also conjure magnetism, geo-magnetism, and use magnetism to affect gravity. They both create fields out of nowhere, so regardless of how effective Captain Cold's fields are, Toki's can still be conjured where he wants them to be. Or he can just affect Earth's gravity, and do his bidding that way.

I also ignored the Gantz devices, and it seems like taking one now would cause a lot of backtracking.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#16 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@docnick: Oh forgot a couple points.

Toki's Magnetism Level

I know his feats don't always look overly impressive, but it should be noted the people he fights are generally nearing the hypersonic range, he himself is vastly superhuman in terms of speed (as shown with him dodging and maneuvering against a hypersonic opponent), they are extremely superhuman (the Rare Kind he went up against could eat RPGs with no damage to his person) in terms of durability, and strength (Ogami, the Rare Kinds, Kouji, and a few of the others he's shown against are in the 20 ton range). They are also usually power users with massive powers, Ogami can incinerate an overpass in less than a second, Yuuki I already explained, the rare kinds are hypersonic, stronger than Ogami, and can tank RPGs like they are nothing.

However, an idea of how powerful Toki's power is:

This is what he can do with a paper clip:

That's a single paper clip, and he's gotten a little stronger since then. That's why those nuts and bolts were able to affect the Rare kinds, because he can throw them with such tremendous force.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#17 Edited by mightyrearranger (1611 posts) - - Show Bio

@docnick: Thank you; bought it and read it. Still so torn on this new Flash stuff. Artwork is awesome though, haha.

I would be curious if the "phantoms" @floopay mentioned are using kinetic energy? *Side-note: I love how puzzling the theoretical physics of Cold's field are. I would expect sound waves to also cease their travel pattern when they hit the cold field, yet Len hears people talking and talks back to them just fine when it's active.

Another point, manipulating gravity is a weird point, since theoretically, at Absolute Zero, with the ceasing of kinetic energy, anything falling due to gravity would still be halted immediately as it enters the area of Absolute Zero.

I'm so behind on what Cable can do; I was going to mention how his teleportation capabilities might be the only thing that could give Cap some trouble, but now he can manipulate spaces of absolute zero energy? Man, I should have just taken a durability-depowered Saint of Killers into this tourney and let him fire from across the battlefield if stuff like gravity/space manipulation is allowed! (hyperbole, of course)

This fight got so much more confusing, haha. Now it's all about whose tech can manipulate their immediate environment in a way that would overpower the other tech. And since we're talking about two different universes, I have no idea what answer to give.

*mind e'splodes*

#18 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@mightyrearranger: They are Phantasmal

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/phantasmal

In Dungeons and Dragons Phantasmal wraiths (which is what it appears he conjured) are non-physical creatures that can affect the physical universe. The plane of existence they exist on would be closer to the Astral Plane than the physical plane. Unlike normal illusional, phantasmal creatures can actually deal damage. Though the alhoon seems pretty resistant (he's a lich, so physical damage only annoys him, it doesn't actually harm him), and he dispels them with a spell pretty quickly.

Absolute Zero is what Captain Cold's powers are stated as, but there's little to suggest he actually produces an absolute zero field. At those temperatures he wouldn't be able to breath, as air wouldn't exit, additionally, it's also a projected field. I'm not stating Cable can manipulate the field, I'm saying he can stop it from projecting outwards. It'd be like making a hard light barrier around him, essentially, with him being the source of the field, there's nothing to suggest he can affect something without actually affecting it in a direct line from his body.

What I mean by that, is I haven't seen him affect something lets say, 20 feet away from him, without first affecting everything from him outwards. As in, he can't just make something absolute zero, if there is a barrier in front of him, his powers require him to either destroy said barrier, or find another means of traversing it.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#19 Posted by mightyrearranger (1611 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: Gotcha, thanks for the info. I guess they'd work the same way as any astral presence in the DCU would. Sadly, I don't recall Len ever using his tech on one of those characters (a Cap/Gentleman Ghost or Cap/Deadman issue would be fun times though).

Cold's fields do behave enough like the theoretic "Absolute Zero" for me to believe it, minus the ice formation (would matter even have time to transmute to solid ice like that?). They don't behave like any temperature short of that, as they stopped bullets and suspended them in midair; conversely, any temperature other than that, no matter how close, would cause said bullets to maybe slow down and ice over, but not disregard the entirety of their motion on the spot. Also, I'm inclined to believe someone as intelligent as Mr. Freeze when he states that Len Snart is the only one to have figured it out.

As to how Len can breathe/hear/survive within the field, your guess is as good as mine. His custom-tailored suit has something to do with some of it, it's never really been explained. Good point on Cable though, if that's something he can do. Wouldn't the light barrier stop moving when it touches the field though? They'd stalemate at that point, because while Cold's field can't touch anything past the barrier without destroying it, the barrier also wouldn't be able to move past the Cold Field into Mr. Snart, correct?

#20 Edited by dondave (37622 posts) - - Show Bio

This is looking good

#21 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: Gotcha, thanks for the info. I guess they'd work the same way as any astral presence in the DCU would. Sadly, I don't recall Len ever using his tech on one of those characters (a Cap/Gentleman Ghost or Cap/Deadman issue would be fun times though).

Cold's fields do behave enough like the theoretic "Absolute Zero" for me to believe it, minus the ice formation (would matter even have time to transmute to solid ice like that?). They don't behave like any temperature short of that, as they stopped bullets and suspended them in midair; conversely, any temperature other than that, no matter how close, would cause said bullets to maybe slow down and ice over, but not disregard the entirety of their motion on the spot. Also, I'm inclined to believe someone as intelligent as Mr. Freeze when he states that Len Snart is the only one to have figured it out.

As to how Len can breathe/hear/survive within the field, your guess is as good as mine. His custom-tailored suit has something to do with some of it, it's never really been explained. Good point on Cable though, if that's something he can do. Wouldn't the light barrier stop moving when it touches the field though? They'd stalemate at that point, because while Cold's field can't touch anything past the barrier without destroying it, the barrier also wouldn't be able to move past the Cold Field into Mr. Snart, correct?

I've seen a lot of Captain Cold debates, and other than the Flash Rogue's appearance in the Outsider's comics, and a few other one shots I have little knowledge of them myself.

However, I've seen nick the devil debate with these guys enough to respect the Flash Rogues (Captain Cold in particular) for the powerhouses they are. And Docnick isn't joking when he says Captain Cold is nothing short of a team buster to be reckoned with, even against high tier characters!

That being said, I used a character who can essentially gain full knowledge on his opponents (actually, 2 characters who can, just in case) so my team can help prepare against other teams more easily. The moment I saw Captain Cold (which I see he's using New-52, who I'm not as familiar with as Pre-52), I knew there are two ways to best handle him. Either A) Hammer him with things he can't affect with his fields, or B) Contain him. I'm presenting cases for both. My team is not going anywhere near those cold fields, as that's a suicide mission. However, Pharaun has a wide assortment of ways to attack him. His Magic Missiles (the azure globes of magic) are composed purely of magical energy, and shouldn't be affected by any cold fields. He also has the phantasmal wraiths, and so much more.

Then I have Cable's attacks (his pseudo telepathic assaults) which also help in in that cause. And then I have Toki's ability to affect gravity, or possibly even encase Captain Cold if necessary. But I do agree that those barriers can affect things from coming in and out. However, my team has comm links and full knowledge of each other and their powers, so Cable can easily open up access points for Pharaun to cast in if necessary, or Pharaun can send phantasmal attacks through the barrier.

Remember, he can conjure a phantasmal hand that only moves based on his willpower right on top of someone. This thing has been used to crush a giant spider monster's head in the past.

It's an interesting battle, but I think Toki gives my team a lot of advantages with his magnetism, and his geo-magnetism (gravity control).

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#22 Edited by mightyrearranger (1611 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: For sure, a lot of variables at play that could be in your favor. Also, I could never recommend Cold/Rogues-centric comics enough. Even his tenure with the Suicide Squad vs. Jihad was great stuff (it helps that Ostrander does his fair share of research on any characters he uses).

I'm focusing on the Cable/Cold potential matchup because I'm somewhat unsure of the field's interaction with magical energies, to be honest. Like I said, dude needs some DCU fights with mystics. If he's had any, I don't remember them. Since we're talking "magic", we're all at a loss over whether these kind of attacks/phantasms use kinetic energy in their movement or not, y'know? Wouldn't that kinetic movement be atmosphere-based anyways? Not motivated by the character controlling said energy/object.

Toki is pretty cool though. Also, I give Cable's prep skills and tech a lot of credit. That's where I'm leaning right now, but I need to do some more thinking... :/

#23 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@mightyrearranger:

I don't think phantasmal or magical energy would be affected by a kinetic field, considering they are technically not even on the same plane of existence. However, upon impact they affect multiple planes of existence. Magic Missile can harm ghosts, elementals, constructs, human beings, etc.

I like characters like Pharaun because they have attacks like these that can bypass any and all defenses and strike somebody directly. Magic Missiles impact damage is not dampened by armor, dragon's hide, etc. It is usually blocked by magical means of defenses. In fact, several characters where items that are specifically created to ward of Magic Missile attacks. It's one of the most basic, and can be one of the most devastating attacks in the D&D Wizard's arsenal.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#24 Posted by nickthedevil (12575 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, I'm transferring over to my new Duty Station tomorrow, so I may need another day. However, In Flash Annual #1, Cold fights his sister, the Golden Glider. This is relevant because she's an Astral Projection. She can only go solid for moments at a time, and he goes head to head with her, actually being able to lay his hands on her and her extension limbs.

#25 Posted by nickthedevil (12575 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

However, I've seen nick the devil debate with these guys enough to respect the Flash Rogues (Captain Cold in particular) for the powerhouses they are. And Docnick isn't joking when he says Captain Cold is nothing short of a team buster to be reckoned with, even against high tier characters!

Nickthedevil?

#26 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@docnick: Laugh, had no idea you changed your username :P

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#27 Posted by nickthedevil (12575 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Yep. Haha.

just made my username out of my two nicknames now. Thought it felt better :P

#28 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@docnick said:

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Yep. Haha.

just made my username out of my two nicknames now. Thought it felt better :P

Well, the whole David Tennant avatar instead of the usual Zoom avatar through me off :)

Thanks for reading,

Floopay