This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by TheBaneVenom (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor yells "For Asgard!" and fills Mjolnir with lightning.. He punches Superman in the chest with it, with all his power. With a blow that could shatter like 150 planets. Everything he got.

What will happen to Superman?

#2 Edited by TheBaneVenom (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump :)

#3 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2156 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes has taken a shot from Mjolnir before and has gotten up. Think was the Justice League/Avengers 03' crossover George Perez wrote, at the very end of issue# 2 I think...Anyways, tho it did draw blood, Supes was able to recover and fight on. I'd post scans, but my honked up computer won't allow it.

#4 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2507 posts) - - Show Bio

he gets knocked down and than gets right back up to continue fighting.

#5 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1545 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheBaneVenom:

this has been done several times...

Mjolnir is enchanted by Magics...no matter how strong Superman is, brute raw strength can't break the spell.

#6 Posted by dondave (26476 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAmazingImmortalMan said:

he gets knocked down and than gets right back up to continue fighting.

QFT

#7 Edited by Charlie_Jade (523 posts) - - Show Bio

@SHAZAM117 said:

Supes has taken a shot from Mjolnir before and has gotten up. Think was the Justice League/Avengers 03' crossover George Perez wrote

Kurt Busiek crossover

the same man

who thought Thor can be injured by a bullet

an

but Kurt Busiek isn't the only one respomsible for writing crap

over the years we had Batman beat Hulk with a gas bomb and kick to the gut

and Spider-Man has done this is crossovers

Venom too

This is why crossover are non canon

#8 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charlie_Jade: What issue is that thor scan where thor gets shot from?

#9 Posted by beautifulrevery (1457 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman dies. That's all there is to it. If he hit with the supposed power to "destroy 150 planets" then Supes gets murked.

#10 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio

He gets up.

#11 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15618 posts) - - Show Bio

He grabs mjolnir and one shots thor

#12 Posted by Pokeysteve (7000 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't understand the crossover. Superman was able to pick up Thor's hammer (I'm not spelling that $h!t) but then you find out he was only able to pick it up because Thor allowed him too........what exactly are the qualifications to picking up the frickin hammer? Who is more worthy than Superman? Don't say Thor......don't do it..........................................no.

#13 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16629 posts) - - Show Bio

Fully charged Mjolnir flies through Supe's chest. And Superman dies. Seriously, Thor can summon lightnings from whole world and actually he stoped planet busting shot with storm. He can kill Superman with such a storm and adding to this Mjolnir's physical and magical power doesn't give Superman chance.

#14 Posted by FiMFTW (687 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charlie_Jade:

I have no explanation for the Venom one but Spider-Man was soaked in Red Solar Radiation at the time.

#15 Posted by tomlikesfries (4519 posts) - - Show Bio

He... will get hurt.

#16 Posted by Pyrogram (32213 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes diest if Thor used warrior madness etc and no holding back, but that never ever will happen.

In this instance, Supes gets very injured but can still fight.

#17 Posted by lytet5 (66 posts) - - Show Bio

i can see a hole in supes' chest. Then thor proceeds to unzip his jeans and masturbate with that hole.

#18 Posted by RobocopSlayerT800 (2341 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#19 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery said:

Superman dies. That's all there is to it. If he hit with the supposed power to "destroy 150 planets" then Supes gets murked.

this

#20 Posted by Ultra_Girl_ (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

@FiMFTW said:

@Charlie_Jade:

I have no explanation for the Venom one but Spider-Man was soaked in Red Solar Radiation at the time.

Venom is just that badassssssssssss.

#21 Posted by spawn_123 (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman dies easy

#22 Posted by Agent9149 (2888 posts) - - Show Bio

Super man has no resistance towards a hit from mjolnir.

#23 Posted by dondave (26476 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve: Odin allowed Superman to lift the hammer. That's why when Superman tried to lift it again he couldn't nad Thor told that the only reason he was able to lift it before was due to Odin

#24 Posted by Pokeysteve (7000 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@Pokeysteve: Odin allowed Superman to lift the hammer. That's why when Superman tried to lift it again he couldn't nad Thor told that the only reason he was able to lift it before was due to Odin

I remember that but only people who are "worthy" can lift it on their own. I want to know what Thor has that Superman doesn't in the worthy department.

#25 Edited by Hksaru (463 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor and Superman are very different. Just as an example Thor's will puts Batman's to shame.

It would hurt Superman. Probably bruise him. Maybe crack some ribs. But Superman has somewhat of a HF when under the sun IIRC so one hit won't deal any permanent damage.

#26 Edited by Charlie_Jade (523 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve said:

I want to know what Thor has that Superman doesn't in the worthy department.

What makes a good Asgardian?

Thor has stabbed people in the face with swords.....ODIN APPPROVE!!

Superman wins fights too but has sometimes gone soft on criminals and rescues cats from trees....ODIN DOES NOT LIKE

Thor has traveled around in a big ship, rode on horseback, had a big magic goat draw his chariot and has been a legendary part of ancient folklore....ODIN APPPROVES!!

Superman is a weird alien powered by sunlight and has worn his underpants outside his trousers....ODIN DOES NOT LIKE

Thor is trained in battlle tactics, wrestling, boxing, weaponry and other forms of Asgardian combat...ODIN APPPROVE

Superman learned his fighting style on a farm, in bible class, in a newspaper office....ODIN DOES NOT LIKE

Thor has a dumb looking face, drinks lots, he's hot headed, he loves a fight, his face in know as a legendary public hero...ODIN APPPROVES!!

Superman is nice, he tries to chat to enemies, he hides his identity with the glasses disguise....ODIN DOES NOT LIKE

I have no idea what make a worthy Asgardian

What do you think Odin would look for??

#27 Edited by Charlie_Jade (523 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@Charlie_Jade: What issue is that thor scan where thor gets shot from?

sorry no idea,

just took the scan from another thread

#28 Posted by BigCimmerian (7559 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman would die from that impact. Blow like that already killed Bor, who is much above Superman.

#29 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (4666 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes gets liquified

#30 Posted by Immortal777 (5856 posts) - - Show Bio

Mjolnir breaks.

#31 Edited by Hksaru (463 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be honest and say I've never seen Thor's most powerful physical attack

Show me this scan of him killing Bor and I might be convinced that it at least snaps Supes in half

#32 Posted by Pokeysteve (7000 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charlie_Jade said:

@Pokeysteve said:

I want to know what Thor has that Superman doesn't in the worthy department.

What makes a good Asgardian?

Thor has stabbed people in the face with swords.....ODIN APPPROVE!!

Superman wins fights too but has sometimes gone soft on criminals and rescues cats from trees....ODIN DOES NOT LIKE

Thor has traveled around in a big ship, rode on horseback, had a big magic goat draw his chariot and has been a legendary part of ancient folklore....ODIN APPPROVES!!

Superman is a weird alien powered by sunlight and has worn his underpants outside his trousers....ODIN DOES NOT LIKE

Thor is trained in battlle tactics, wrestling, boxing, weaponry and other forms of Asgardian combat...ODIN APPPROVE

Superman learned his fighting style on a farm, in bible class, in a newspaper office....ODIN DOES NOT LIKE

Thor has a dumb looking face, drinks lots, he's hot headed, he loves a fight, his face in know as a legendary public hero...ODIN APPPROVES!!

Superman is nice, he tries to chat to enemies, he hides his identity with the glasses disguise....ODIN DOES NOT LIKE

I have no idea what make a worthy Asgardian

What do you think Odin would look for??

Of my 2300+ posts here I think that's one of the best replies I've ever gotten!! I think someone worthy would be a person who is just unstoppably good. The Juggernaut of good. Clark is kind, and polite, a gentleman, and has risked his life protecting those that can't protect themselves. He even died once doing that. Seems pretty worthy to me. Maybe Marvel was like OK you can have Superman smack around Thor but he can't lift the Hammer and DC was like........................deal.

#33 Posted by God_Spawn (35974 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hksaru:

Show me this scan of him killing Bor and I might be convinced that it at least snaps Supes in half

He was physically amped from a piece of the Odinforce in that fight. It amped to a degree that Bor only broke a rib but without it, he admitted Bor would have killed him in a single hit.

#34 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6082 posts) - - Show Bio

@FiMFTW: The space-continuum alteration weakened Superman to the point where Venom was able to hurt him. It doesn't make much sense but that was the reason given in the crossover.

#35 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman gets up, and hits Thor with three times the force.

#36 Posted by P0rtal (856 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Odin was experienced in Magical Arts, but I thought he endowed Mjolnir with Odinforce, not magic. Can anyone confirm?

#37 Posted by Ddecourt (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackofspades said:

this.

#38 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

Fully charged Mjolnir flies through Supe's chest. And Superman dies. Seriously, Thor can summon lightnings from whole world and actually he stoped planet busting shot with storm. He can kill Superman with such a storm and adding to this Mjolnir's physical and magical power doesn't give Superman chance.

This is correct. If Thor had speed like or close to atleast lets say Gladiator. No superhero would match him. He would be too fast, and powerful. His speed is his downfall.

#39 Posted by Hksaru (463 posts) - - Show Bio

@P0rtal said:

I know Odin was experienced in Magical Arts, but I thought he endowed Mjolnir with Odinforce, not magic. Can anyone confirm?

Odinforce is magic on a cosmic scale

#40 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@P0rtal said:

It was with the Odin Force, but the Odin Force is magic, lol.

@god_spawn said:

@Hksaru:

He was physically amped from a piece of the Odinforce in that fight. It amped to a degree that Bor only broke a rib but without it, he admitted Bor would have killed him in a single hit.

Superman would still die from such a hit if Thor didn't use the Odin Force for this attack.

@Charlie_Jade: Well Thor wasn't even going to kill Sentry W/ Void even though he destroyed Asgard, killed Asgardians, and killed his brother Loki. So, I wouldn't put Superman's morals over Thor's.

@CalebHara: @Immortal777: Mjolnir goes right through Superman..

#41 Posted by God_Spawn (35974 posts) - - Show Bio

Locking this anyway.