Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jashro44

What do you guys think?

Information on mister X encase you guys don't know him:

Mister X's powers are his reflexes map onto an opponents brain waves and he anticipates your moves before you make them. Other then that he is just a normal human (well on paper). Here are some feats.

Is trained in every fighting style on the planet along with Kree and Shiar fighting styles
Is trained in every fighting style on the planet along with Kree and Shiar fighting styles

Think he can take Vamp?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By laflux

@jashro44 said:

What do you guys think?

Mister X's powers are his reflexes map onto an opponents brain waves and he anticipates your moves before you make them. Other then that he is just a normal human (well on paper). Here are some feats.

Think he can take Vamp?

For some strange reason, I'm kinda well versed in Mr X, despite not really caring much for him. Bar his earlier appearances , he hasn't really impressed me that IMO, so I'm going with Vamp.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jashro44

@laflux: I agree his earlier showings are better but a lot of his more lower showings do seem to be when people counter his power (iron fist using drunken fist, Cho using his computer brain, etc).

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By laflux

@jashro44 said:

@laflux: I agree his earlier showings are better but a lot of his more lower showings do seem to be when people counter his power (iron fist using drunken fist, Cho using his computer brain, etc).

Yes that certainly does help. But let's take his feats from that Thunderbolts issue where his fights against Black Widow, Headsman, Song Bird, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Ghost take place. He was losing to Iron Fist, before Headsman broke up the fight and Ghost took him by surprise. He was creaming Black-Widow, but as soon as Song Bird turned up, he was defeated. Luke Cage defeated him the issue by dropping a Car on top of him. Its all very well beating Headsman with no hands, who without his Axe, Power pack and Glider is just a mook, and Black Widow, who is very good H2H but not Top-Tier, but against most people with Powers there, I got the feeling he was being outmatched, despite his fighting prowess.

It also doesn't help that Vamp can read moves to an extent as well.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jashro44

@laflux:Well as I said about the iron fist fight Iron fist did use drunken fist which canceled out his powers (unless you are talking about another fight). Ghost taking him by surprise isn't a big deal to me if it was a sneak attack. Songbird from what I understand is powerful (honestly I don't know much about her) and she hit him with a attack that has a big radius from the looks of it. I am not familiar with the luke cage showing but wasn't mister x mind controlled? Thats what I hear about that showing.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By laflux

@jashro44 said:

@laflux:Well as I said about the iron fist fight Iron fist did use drunken fist which canceled out his powers (unless you are talking about another fight). Ghost taking him by surprise isn't a big deal to me if it was a sneak attack. Songbird from what I understand is powerful (honestly I don't know much about her) and she hit him with a attack that has a big radius from the looks of it. I am not familiar with the luke cage showing but wasn't mister x mind controlled? Thats what I hear about that showing.

Wasn't it was Iron Fist who was captured and Mind-Controlled?

As for the Iron Fist fight, I was talking yes about that fight, and the one where Fist and Luke Cage fought him, and he lost because he couldn't read both their minds. TBH, I wouldn't expect Vamp to beat Cage and Iron Fist together either, but when Iron Fist was fighting Mr X one on one, he mentioned Drunken Style rather than Fist IIRC. Drunken Style martial arts is fairly common, so if Mr X Pre-cog couldn't counter that, then that's pretty poor IMO. However, if it was Drunken Fist, then I guess I can't hold that against him.

Ghost took Iron Fist by surprise as well I must admit. That guy is sneaky :P

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pokergeist

@jashro44: I think Vamps Muscle Reading and Healing Factor is a near win. Add in his own clear super human speed. I think Vamp has this.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By laflux

@CadenceV2 said:

@jashro44: I think Vamps Muscle Reading and Healing Factor is a near win. Add in his own clear super human speed. I think Vamp has this.

Yep, I'd say that Mr X has more skill, but not the extent to overcome Vamp's greater physicals and muscle reading.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Vamp wins.

Mister X's abilities were retconned though. Neither Drunken Kung Fu nor Wolverine's Berserker rage should work on him anymore. He maps onto his opponent's brainwaves while his reflexes react automatically to them ... monopolizing his martial mastery in so doing.

This retcon hasn't saved him from the ever growing, dreadful jobber aura that hampers his every new appearance.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By renamed040924

@jashro44 said:

What do you guys think?

Think he can take Vamp?

This is a match that can definitely go either way. I like Mr. X, he has a pretty cool power/skill set and a lot of nice feats. Though in the end, Vamp has him outmatched in my opinion. Mr. X can obviously predict his opponent's moves, but Vamp is a highly proficient muscle reader himself, using this technique to stay one step ahead of Cyborg Raiden, despite being depowered at the time, plus Raiden's massive stat advantage. In the end, Vamp only lost because Raiden cheated (they had agreed to an honorable duel beforehand, but Raiden feigned defeat before hitting Vamp by surprise). With Raiden's skill and damage soak, defeating him by using muscle reading is just as impressive as defeating Wolverine by using mind reading, but the key difference is in stats, in which Raiden grossly outclasses Wolverine. So I would actually say Vamp's move prediction feats are superior to Mr. X's. (Of course that doesn't mean much, Mr. X can still predict Vamp's moves, all I'm saying is that Vamp will be at no disadvantage)

Mr. X is an impressive martial artist, but not overwhelmingly better than Vamp, who despite not knowing every martial arts discipline ever, is still well versed in various forms of ninjitsu, and has mastered numerous advanced techniques that seem almost supernatural in their effect (shadow binding for example). Combined with Vamp's vastly superior strength, pain tolerance, and healing factor, Mr. X is outmatched. However, I will say that Mr. X is definitely on par with Vamp's speed, which I don't say often (catching Taskmaster's arrows and Black Widow's dart between his finger tips, outpacing a berserker Wolverine, deflecting close range gunfire effortlessly, etc. Very impressive speed. However, Vamp has displayed a lot more agility, which he perfectly integrates into actual combat, still giving him the edge in even that)

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jashro44

@laflux:

Wasn't it was Iron Fist who was captured and Mind-Controlled?

Your probably right. I haven't read the issue in question only seen some scans.

As for the Iron Fist fight, I was talking yes about that fight, and the one where Fist and Luke Cage fought him, and he lost because he couldn't read both their minds. TBH, I wouldn't expect Vamp to beat Cage and Iron Fist together either, but when Iron Fist was fighting Mr X one on one, he mentioned Drunken Style rather than Fist IIRC. Drunken Style martial arts is fairly common, so if Mr X Pre-cog couldn't counter that, then that's pretty poor IMO. However, if it was Drunken Fist, then I guess I can't hold that against him.

Well here he isn't fighting multiple opponents so I don't think mister X's inability to read both cage and iron fists mind is relevant. Also from what I saw they were fighting in a confined space so that may have played a role.

As for the drunken style again you are correct. All though it is possible Mister X was caught off guard. He probably wasn't expecting Danny to have a technique that is unreadable which probably through his reactions (he is use to using his powers for reacting). And he was hit with a chi amped strike which did hit him in the pressure point (looks like a pressure point to me) so it makes sense that Danny would have taken X down IMO. If X knew that Danny was going to use that style maybe X wouldn't have relied on his powers for reacting and may have been able to counter with the style he invented to counter wolverines berserker mode. Danny would still probably have won but I don't know if it would have been that easy.

Also I don't think Vamp knows drunken style. There are many forms of martial arts and all though it might be common in the real world in fiction that isn't always the case.

@nickzambuto: @CadenceV2: Thanks for the input.

Just to clarify I am grateful for everyone's input mainly just thanking nick and cadence since I called them out.