Mister Majestic Runs the DC Gauntlet

industrious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By industrious

Majestic starts out on an open field, and is healed after every round. Usual equipment for both, as well as no prep time for Majestic or any of his opponents. (In-Character) Morals are on for everybody. Can he clear it? Or, how far can he go?

Round 1: Superboy and Wonder Girl
Round 2: Guy Gardner and John Stewart
Round 3: Power Girl and Supergirl
Round 4: Martian Manhunter
Round 5: Saint Walker and Hal Jordan
Round 6: Superman and Wonder Woman
Round 7: Darkseid
Round 8: Zoom(no morals for either)

Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Valtot
@industrious:
i dont think he can get past darksied or zoom  as zooms far to fast for him and darksied only really needs to lay 1 hit with omega beams as mr majestics not protected from the source
TheFlash4740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheFlash4740
@industrious: Did u really give Zoom No morals?
industrious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By industrious

I gave both of them no morals.

Afterglow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Afterglow
@TheFlash4740 said:

" @industrious: Did u really give Zoom No morals? "

I see what you did there..

Anyway, in a way, Zoom does have morals. If he realizes that the one he's fighting is a hero, he might hold back. Sounds stupid, but his goal was always to 'make heroes better'. I don't remember him actually killing a hero. 

I feel that if this is in order, Round 5 should be Round 6. Anyway, he loses at Martian Manhunter, Saint Walker (I LOVE that name, I'm changing my last name to Walker and naming my son Saint) and Hal Jordan or Zoom.

If he has telepathy protection I'm unaware of, he could beat MM. 
I don't think he gets through SW&HJ. A GL's power increases by twofold when in the presence of a BL. Seeing as Hal is already Superman level to begin with..
He's not beating Zoom. At least not without prep. 
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By entropy_aegis

Clears the first 6 easily, 
get's raped in the last 2.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Valtot said:
"@industrious: i dont think he can get past darksied or zoom  as zooms far to fast for him and darksied only really needs to lay 1 hit with omega beams as mr majestics not protected from the source "

The only person protected by the source is darkseid himself,and even that may not be the case after final crisis. 
no one is protected by the source.
lucifer92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lucifer92
@entropy_aegis said:
" @Valtot said:
"@industrious: i dont think he can get past darksied or zoom  as zooms far to fast for him and darksied only really needs to lay 1 hit with omega beams as mr majestics not protected from the source "
The only person protected by the source is darkseid himself,and even that may not be the case after final crisis. no one is protected by the source. "

industrious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By industrious

I know he has a good deal of psychic ability, though.

EDIT: As for the Lanterns...

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#10  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

He has his first spot of trouble at 4 and I think that could go either way (I already did a whole thread on that though). If he clears it 5 will be hard but he should do it. Same story for 6 and he'd have to be at the top of his game to make it out of that one. I imagine he'd have switched into serious warlord mode once he realized this was going to be a series of challenges so he would be at the top of his game by 6. 7 is just as hard as 6, but given DS's track record, I think Maj could eventually take it. He wouldn't beat Zoom with no morals. I always have to ask though, can Majestic take things from his enemies here? Walking out of the second fight with a couple rings would make subsequent fights easier. Add another green ring and a blue one to that and he'd be hella powerful. And WW's lasso would be nice but probably just for show at that point. Still though, without prep or morals for Zoom, Maj still isn't taking him.

ryanthereaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ryanthereaper

He stops at seven.

Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He stops at 4, due to the Martian's telepathy.

crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By crackerjack82

He would get to Zoom, zoom would try to make him better, and he would make him better, to the point Zoom dies

TheFlash4740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheFlash4740
@Afterglow:  I know zoom has morals. Which is why i asked why he gave him NO Morals, idc who you are, you're not beating zoom with no morals. He whips everyones ass by holding back and trying to make them bettter. Imagine if he really wanted to kill you.
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By velle37

I think he'd stop at Zoom.... 

Also... 

Is it really a gauntlet if he gets healed after each round?......
industrious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By industrious
@TheFlash4740 said:

" @Afterglow:  I know zoom has morals. Which is why i asked why he gave him NO Morals, idc who you are, you're not beating zoom with no morals. He whips everyones ass by holding back and trying to make them bettter. Imagine if he really wanted to kill you.

You can beat Zoom if he's actually trying to kill you. You just need to not play to his strengths. I can name a few who can beat Zoom without morals. Wondering if Majestic is one of them.
Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Fire Star

He can't beat Zoom, but he should take the rest with a some difficulty.
TheFlash4740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheFlash4740
@industrious said:

" @TheFlash4740 said:

" @Afterglow:  I know zoom has morals. Which is why i asked why he gave him NO Morals, idc who you are, you're not beating zoom with no morals. He whips everyones ass by holding back and trying to make them bettter. Imagine if he really wanted to kill you.

You can beat Zoom if he's actually trying to kill you. You just need to not play to his strengths. I can name a few who can beat Zoom without morals. Wondering if Majestic is one of them. "
He's not. Who can u name that can beat Zoom with no Morals?
sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By sa5m

I dont think he make past 6 if he does the he will stop at darkside

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By King_Saturn
I think Majestic will make it to Darkseid... then the Run stops...
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Silver2467

Stops at Darkseid.

industrious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By industrious
@TheFlash4740 said:
" @industrious said:

" @TheFlash4740 said:

You can beat Zoom if he's actually trying to kill you. You just need to not play to his strengths. I can name a few who can beat Zoom without morals. Wondering if Majestic is one of them. "
He's not. Who can u name that can beat Zoom with no Morals? "
Without going into the more high-end characters: Cloak. Classic Deadman. Randall Dowling. Shek Chi-Wai.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@industrious:
You seem to be going for intangible characters but Majestic does not have a default intangible state so he could be hit where most of these characters can't. And even then I'm not sure these 4 could do it. The phantom cop might not be hittable but Zoom won't be tagged by bullets so there's no win there. I'm not sure what you're thinking of with Dowling, but he can be hit right off the bat and unless I'm forgetting something, he's not in any position to avoid hits from Zoom since Zoom could have killed him before Dowling is consciously aware of his presence. I don't know about Cloak's intangibility, but if he isn't intangible by default, Zoom could take him down faster than he could turn intangible, and even if he couldn't, Cloak would have a hard time catching Zoom if he didn't want to be caught. Deadman might be able to since not only is he intangible by default but he's invisible IIRC so Zoom won't know where's he's coming from when he tries to take over his body. Still though, that's assuming Zoom is staying in one place. All he'd have to do is keep moving and Deadman wouldn't catch him. Intangibility may allow these characters to not be hit and actually have time to perform an action, but if their action isn't one that allows them to hit Zoom, then it doesn't really matter. Majestic's problem is the reverse. He's more than capable of killing Zoom, but getting a hand on him would be impossible (without prep or Zoom having morals) and Zoom would have all the time in the world to attack Maj before he could start his own attack anyway.
industrious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By industrious

Cloak is apparently either intangible or invisible at one time or another. His portrayal varies. Zoom gets to close to him either way, and he gets sucked into the man's cloak.
Dowling's power is that anyone in his vicinity is him. Zoom gets too close(which he has to), and Dowling wins by default.
Phantom Cop has been invisible before as well. With him, Zoom would eventually get bored, slow down to try to draw them out, and let his guard down.

I suppose I could possibly add Winter to the list; Zoom initiates his barrage, Winter absorbs an ungodly amount of energy, and then releases it in a wide arc. Maybe. I'm not sure.

As for Majestic, I was hoping he'd be able to get something done quickly enough to either counter Zoom or get away.

TheFlash4740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheFlash4740
@industrious said:
" Cloak is apparently either intangible or invisible at one time or another. His portrayal varies. Zoom gets to close to him either way, and he gets sucked into the man's cloak.Dowling's power is that anyone in his vicinity is him. Zoom gets too close(which he has to), and Dowling wins by default. Phantom Cop has been invisible before as well. With him, Zoom would eventually get bored, slow down to try to draw them out, and let his guard down.  I suppose I could possibly add Winter to the list; Zoom initiates his barrage, Winter absorbs an ungodly amount of energy, and then releases it in a wide arc. Maybe. I'm not sure. As for Majestic, I was hoping he'd be able to get something done quickly enough to either counter Zoom or get away. "
If the Speed of 3 flashes in 1 cannot. What makes you think He's fast enough 2? Given he is very smart. His speed is irrelevant.
crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By crackerjack82
@TheFlash4740: You forget Mr majestic, is the smartest being in the wildstorm universe
TheFlash4740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheFlash4740
@crackerjack82 said:
" @TheFlash4740: You forget Mr majestic, is the smartest being in the wildstorm universe "
mmmm no i Didnt. Which is why i said he was very smart. Now given i didnt say Genius, but you get the point. He could be The smartest man in comics, Doesnt really matter if you dont have enough time to think to do anything.
crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By crackerjack82
@TheFlash4740:  A misconception on my part flash
TheFlash4740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheFlash4740
@crackerjack82: No worries, snack i eat at Baseball games :P
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@industrious said:
" Cloak is apparently either intangible or invisible at one time or another. His portrayal varies. Zoom gets to close to him either way, and he gets sucked into the man's cloak.Dowling's power is that anyone in his vicinity is him. Zoom gets too close(which he has to), and Dowling wins by default. Phantom Cop has been invisible before as well. With him, Zoom would eventually get bored, slow down to try to draw them out, and let his guard down.  I suppose I could possibly add Winter to the list; Zoom initiates his barrage, Winter absorbs an ungodly amount of energy, and then releases it in a wide arc. Maybe. I'm not sure. As for Majestic, I was hoping he'd be able to get something done quickly enough to either counter Zoom or get away. "
I did a quick check and it appears cloak is intangible by default, but that still doesn't give him a win. Cloak winning depends entirely on Zoom running into him and he doesn't have to. Even if he does, I don't think Cloak is constantly absorbing whole beings, so unless he chooses to absorb Zoom (which he wouldn't be fast enough to do) Zoom wouldn't get sucked in. I know Dowling can stretch his mind, but I don't know if it's instant. The fact that it's described as him stretching his mind makes me think of it as a volitional act, not an unconscious one, so Zoom could take him down before he chose to do that (granted, I haven't read Planetary in quite some time so I don't know if that's actually how he worked). Even if he did manage to get his mind into Zoom, would he have instantly (really, it would have to be instant, the speedsters have been clocked at faster than thought at times and Zoom blows them all out of the water because of his time manipulation) taken control of him or would he have to exert that control (which would again leave him open to getting killed before he acted)? Additionally, Zoom need not get close. His sonic snaps are area affects and he could also just throw something from a distance. The Phantom Cop has the same issue as Deadman. He could  do it simply because Zoom can't ever hit him, but for him to do it Zoom basically has to stop fighting, in which case he's not really being beaten in a fight anymore. Winter couldn't do it. Zoom would beat him down harder than the High did or just break his neck faster than he can react. And as I said before, your strategies are require something Majestic doesn't have, time to act (which you're trying to get through intangibility). Majestic won't have that in a straight fight. He doesn't have intangibility or any sort of aura of effect. He'd only get a chance to act with prep or Zoom being in character.
Thepowercosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By Thepowercosmic

i think the only one the will give MJ trouble is DS  and still MJ speed is something the DS will have trouble with  see the pic below 

Smart and fast
Smart and fast
Hes  kusar blade able to cut true anything see the pic below.
No Caption Provided
after seeing this pic of zoom of the all mighty zoom 
No Caption Provided
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Sherlock

He shouldnt beat Darksied and would get creamed by Zoom everyone shouldnt be a problem for him

TheFlash4740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheFlash4740
@Thepowercosmic: *Sigh*......Do you know what happend in that story with zoom or....do u just like posting random PIS Scans?
Thepowercosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Thepowercosmic
@TheFlash4740: dont know plez tell me.
TheFlash4740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheFlash4740

@Thepowercosmic said:

" @TheFlash4740: dont know plez tell me. "

No Caption Provided

"I can make you a better hero". Im sure you know Zooms' MO before blatently posting scans of him. He goes around beating superheros up tryuing to make them better. Wally West more than anyone (Him being his arch nemesis and all). He WANTS The heros to beat him, if he wanted to kill the JLA, he would do so in a heartbeat. Anyone who hits Zoom, is writers making PIS. 

I have a scan of Him beating Bats Supes and WW at the same time to refute that too, he wasnt trying to kill them, just get his message across. He wants WW to be better. It obviously worked.
tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By tensor

i think it would be intresting to see if majestic sword  could cut threw wonder woman lasso good battle but i think mm or superman an ww could take him

Thepowercosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Thepowercosmic
@TheFlash4740: i already know all that and to me zoom is a pis nothing more i see him beating MJ still MJ takes down all of the rest. 
Afterglow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Afterglow
@TheFlash4740 said:
" @Afterglow:  I know zoom has morals. Which is why i asked why he gave him NO Morals, idc who you are, you're not beating zoom with no morals. He whips everyones ass by holding back and trying to make them bettter. Imagine if he really wanted to kill you. "
True, true.

@industrious said:
" I know he has a good deal of psychic ability, though.

EDIT: As for the Lanterns...

No Caption Provided
"

Jordan has already programmed his ring to protect against removal.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@Afterglow: Does he have his hand protected against removal? Majestic carries swords capable of cutting pretty much anything (not even counting the two swords he has that actually cut through anything).