• 65 results
#1 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by crazy spidey (3474 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

" #VS# "

the hotter one (meth man knows wat I'm talkin about)

#3 Posted by CryptOmen (121 posts) - - Show Bio

lol i can see methos getting into this one.

#4 Posted by Methos (40536 posts) - - Show Bio

Miss Martian = weakness to fire

Supergirl = heatvision

not really hard to work out lol

M

#5 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Miss Martian = weakness to fire Supergirl = heatvision not really hard to work out lol M"
Do Martain's have a weakness to heat in general or to fire?
#6 Posted by Methos (40536 posts) - - Show Bio

fire...

Superman has used his heat vision before to disable Martian Manhunter so Supergirl can do it to Miss Martian

M

#7 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"fire... Superman has used his heat vision before to disable Martian Manhunter so Supergirl can do it to Miss Martian M"
Ok then I guess Supergirl takes this easy.
#8 Posted by Methos (40536 posts) - - Show Bio

thread solved :D

M

#9 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I can't argue with you M. I know next to nothing about MM and basic stuff about Supergirl.

#10 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82981 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Miss Martian = weakness to fireSupergirl = heatvisionnot really hard to work out lolM"

Agreed.

#11 Edited by BatDance (2250 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
"

Methos says:

"Miss Martian = weakness to fireSupergirl = heatvisionnot really hard to work out lolM"

Agreed.

"
Well actually....that's a No 
I strongly disagree

Manhunter has dodged heat vision by phasing through it,  he dodged Superman's heat vision, phased through superboys heat vision and Superboy Prime's
 Miss Martain has most of Manhunter's powers and abilities

if there are some tables, books and timbers near him a kryptonian might light them up and surround the Martian Manhunter in fire but they can not attack him directly because he can easily deal with that vision since he has done it in the past

I think Miss Martian has a chance to win this
#12 Posted by Strafe Prower (12151 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow I actually want to agree with BatDance for once.  
Miss Martian ftw.
#13 Posted by NightFang (10721 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a tough one.

#14 Posted by vuviper (5648 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strafe Prower said:
" Wow I actually want to agree with BatDance for once.  Miss Martian ftw. "
I was thinking the same thing
#15 Posted by capall (8206 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

"

Methos says:

Agreed.

"

#16 Edited by Sleuth (2649 posts) - - Show Bio

Miss Martian has methods for dealing with heat vision, e.g. intangibility, super speed, elastic shape shifting. Miss Martian is physically capable of stalemating Kara and could gain the high ground with telepathic assaults. 

#17 Posted by vuviper (5648 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sleuth: Nice scan, what issue is that from?
#18 Posted by Sleuth (2649 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:
" @Sleuth: Nice scan, what issue is that from? "
Thanks, it's from Teen Titans #48
#19 Posted by Hellos (8870 posts) - - Show Bio
@crazy spidey said:
"

Nobody says:

" #VS# "

the hotter one (meth man knows wat I'm talkin about)

"

Miss Martian is hotter, your talking about a chick, that can turn into any chick. Thats a damn nice bonus.
#20 Posted by Ziro (1357 posts) - - Show Bio

Miss Martian.
#21 Posted by vuviper (5648 posts) - - Show Bio
@capall said:
"

@Gambler said:

"

Methos says:

Agreed.

"

"
Having one heat based attack does not insure victory over a martian. Not in comics, and especially not in forum battles where both opponents are supposed to use all their abilities to the fullest.
#22 Posted by pooty (12747 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper:  I agree. People have kryptonite and bullets but that doesn't stop Superman and Batman. Miss Martian should win.
#23 Posted by capall (8206 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:
" @capall said:
"

@Gambler said:

"

Methos says:

Agreed.

"

"
Having one heat based attack does not insure victory over a martian. Not in comics, and especially not in forum battles where both opponents are supposed to use all their abilities to the fullest. "

it ain't the only way for kara to win however it is the most significant way for kara to win period
#24 Posted by vuviper (5648 posts) - - Show Bio
@capall: Miss Martian has too many powers she never has to get hit if she doesn't want to

Martians don't have to shapeshift to avoid heat vision

Even if hit, they're not down for the count. He trades blasts with superman, I think
#25 Posted by vuviper (5648 posts) - - Show Bio

Strength: Miss Martian should be close to if not equal to Supergirl here, but unlike supergirl she can augment her strength by becoming bigger, or she can grow multiple arts to deal more punches, or she can elongate her limbs to increase her range... or all at once.
Invulnerability: Supergirl probably has a higher degree of invulnerability, but not by much. Miss martian can always increase her density to increase her invuln. 
Speed: Comparable, white martians have blitzed superman before

On the previous page he says "not much time to prepare a defense range 200 miles and-"

Heatvision=Martianvision
now we get into the abilities supergirl doesn't have
I've mentioned some of the things she could do with her shapeshifting, with her variable density she can also become  intangible. She has vast telepathic powers, and can render herself invisible, even to supergirl. Also if she does get hurt, she'll heal much faster than supergirl would.
#26 Posted by Strafe Prower (12151 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:
"Strength: Miss Martian should be close to if not equal to Supergirl here, but unlike supergirl she can augment her strength by becoming bigger, or she can grow multiple arts to deal more punches, or she can elongate her limbs to increase her range... or all at once.
Invulnerability: Supergirl probably has a higher degree of invulnerability, but not by much. Miss martian can always increase her density to increase her invuln. 
On the previous page he says "not much time to prepare a defense range 200 miles and-"
                Heatvision=Martianvision now we get into the abilities supergirl doesn't have I've mentioned some of the things she could do with her shapeshifting, with her variable density she can also become  intangible. She has vast telepathic powers, and can render herself invisible, even to supergirl. Also if she does get hurt, she'll heal much faster than supergirl would. "

good job, I agree completely :)
#27 Posted by Morpheus_ (29909 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strafe Prower said:
" @vuviper said:
"Strength: Miss Martian should be close to if not equal to Supergirl here, but unlike supergirl she can augment her strength by becoming bigger, or she can grow multiple arts to deal more punches, or she can elongate her limbs to increase her range... or all at once.
                Heatvision=Martianvision now we get into the abilities supergirl doesn't have I've mentioned some of the things she could do with her shapeshifting, with her variable density she can also become  intangible. She has vast telepathic powers, and can render herself invisible, even to supergirl. Also if she does get hurt, she'll heal much faster than supergirl would. "
good job, I agree completely :) "
My eyes may be deceiving me..But..yes, it must be Strafe.
#28 Posted by Static Shock (48071 posts) - - Show Bio

Miss Martian. Based on evidence shown.

#29 Posted by Strafe Prower (12151 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_:
lol yea my cpu is up and running
#30 Posted by Morpheus_ (29909 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strafe Prower said:
" @Morpheus_: lol yea my cpu is up and running "
Great.
#31 Posted by capall (8206 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:
" @capall: Miss Martian has too many powers she never has to get hit if she doesn't want to

Martians don't have to shapeshift to avoid heat vision

Even if hit, they're not down for the count. He trades blasts with superman, I think
"

what does this scan prove? this is not manhunter vs supes here
just b/c they have the same attributes it does't mean they will battle the exact same way would it? 
miss martian doesn't get hit if she doesn't want to so what i can say the same for kara if she doens't want to tho 
healing factors doesn't mean anything when you are talking about bricks like them b/c they are sufficient enought to ko each other they ain't cutting or slicing here, i'm not saying that miss martian would lose all the time nor win all the time i just think that kara being less emotional and attached than supes can and will ko someone that she knows or cares for without holding back at all
heck there are many characters doesn't have to get hit if they don't want to either but they always gets hit by ppl who shouldn't due to their kindness or plot device  
#32 Posted by vuviper (5648 posts) - - Show Bio
@capall: All the scan is meant to prove is that Heat vision doesn't give S girl an automatic win. In fact its not even that big of an advantage. Martians are weakened by fire not heat. 

Defensively, Kara has her superspeed, but miss martian has as much speed in addition to having invisibility, shapeshifting, elasticity, and intangibility. Oh and don't forget telepathy so she can know what supergirl plans on doing. So I don't think Supergirl ability to not get hit is even comparable.  

Healing is still important because if actually tags her with heat vision or freeze breath, martian will just heal it back

BTW almost whenever I give reasons for a fight I'm doing it to the full extent of their abilities, no CIS
#33 Posted by capall (8206 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:
" @capall: All the scan is meant to prove is that Heat vision doesn't give S girl an automatic win. In fact its not even that big of an advantage. Martians are weakened by fire not heat.   Defensively, Kara has her superspeed, but miss martian has as much speed in addition to having invisibility, shapeshifting, elasticity, and intangibility. Oh and don't forget telepathy so she can know what supergirl plans on doing. So I don't think Supergirl ability to not get hit is even comparable.    Healing is still important because if actually tags her with heat vision or freeze breath, martian will just heal it back BTW almost whenever I give reasons for a fight I'm doing it to the full extent of their abilities, no CIS "

i know what you are trying to imply and we both understand heat vision doesn't give kara auto win here, it is a significant advantage that kara has over miss martian tho which is undeniable i don't remember when exactly but i do remember supes using this techinque effectively against manhunter before if my memory serves me correct and yes miss martian having the additional abilities would be a advantage as well like you said but the way i see these abilities not being too useful against brick like kara who can move at superspeed/reflexes/durabilitiy/strength not that miss martian doesn't have those attributes either but invisibility, shapeshifting, freeze breath, elasticity, healing factor etc shouldn't be the factor of the fight between bricks like these girls, i do agree with you on the fact that miss martian's intangibility would be very useful in defense but maybe i'm wrong on this but i don't recall this technique being effective in terms of offensive moves imo altho i totally forgot about her telepathy (good reminder)
#34 Posted by vuviper (5648 posts) - - Show Bio
@capall:  Ok then, just to clarify though...what did you mean about not recalling this technique being effective in terms of offensive moves/.
#35 Posted by capall (8206 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:
" @capall:  Ok then, just to clarify though...what did you mean about not recalling this technique being effective in terms of offensive moves/. "

meaning manhunter uses this technique more as a defense move and also to evade certain attacks and to be elusive but i don't recall manhunter using this technique as a offensive move when dealing with brick type of characters, now this is just what i'm thinking and may not be the best example b/c miss martian is a different character with her own persona and her own battle tactics as well as style and that is due to my lack of knowledge of miss martian as in her personality here
#36 Posted by vuviper (5648 posts) - - Show Bio
@capall said:
" @vuviper said:
" @capall:  Ok then, just to clarify though...what did you mean about not recalling this technique being effective in terms of offensive moves/. "
meaning manhunter uses this technique more as a defense move and also to evade certain attacks and to be elusive but i don't recall manhunter using this technique as a offensive move when dealing with brick type of characters, now this is just what i'm thinking and may not be the best example b/c miss martian is a different character with her own persona and her own battle tactics as well as style and that is due to my lack of knowledge of miss martian as in her personality here "
Sorry I never noticed your post. I was listing the abilities that she had that gave her a defensive advantage when I talked about intangibility etc.  But they do provide an offenseive advantage as well. Increase arm length for increased range, grow multiple arms, to pummel her etc.

@vuviper said:
" @capall: All the scan is meant to prove is that Heat vision doesn't give S girl an automatic win. In fact its not even that big of an advantage. Martians are weakened by fire not heat.   Defensively, Kara has her superspeed, but miss martian has as much speed in addition to having invisibility, shapeshifting, elasticity, and intangibility. Oh and don't forget telepathy so she can know what supergirl plans on doing. So I don't think Supergirl ability to not get hit is even comparable.    Healing is still important because if actually tags her with heat vision or freeze breath, martian will just heal it back BTW almost whenever I give reasons for a fight I'm doing it to the full extent of their abilities, no CIS "
#37 Posted by BatDance (2250 posts) - - Show Bio
The Martian should take this as long as Miss Martian is not jobbing

For all their powers I wish the Martians had more feats to back themselves up
#38 Edited by ChadwickDavis (472 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to go with Supergirl 
But not because of the heat vision (miss martian could telepathically disable her heat vision by messing with her head). Actually it would be because miss martian could not fight supergirl telepathically which would be miss Martian's ace in the hole. Both Supergirl and Miss Martian have serious issues. Miss Martian has her older (more murderous self) inside her head and supergirl has had her head messed with enough to drive anyone crazy. Between Sam Lane (project 7734 in general) blowing up her homeworld--again,  the Kryptonite poisoning that caused her to manifest, a murderous "alter ego" and Darkseid trying to make her his new Female Furies Commander Supergirl has enough inner demons to make Etrigan wet himself. 
While Miss Martian may be able to play mental "whack a mole" with Supergirl for a while, she'll end up unlocking one door too many on Supergirl and she is done. Telepathy's great and against anyone else (even Power Girl) Miss Martian would take the win but in a full on battle against Supergirl and her personal demons, miss Martian Loses

See Evil Supergirl pics (under supergirl's images)  to see what I mean.

#39 Posted by charlieboy (7148 posts) - - Show Bio

miss martian ftw.
#40 Posted by FinalStar86 (8652 posts) - - Show Bio

HV is a form of radiation and not fire exactly, it can light things on fire but Supergirl cant hit something that can go intangible.  

Miss Martian takes it

#41 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5460 posts) - - Show Bio
@ChadwickDavis: Telepathy is not connected with memories. You don't need to go over someone's mental experiences to shut their brains down.
#42 Posted by EpitomeofCool (2806 posts) - - Show Bio

Supergirl ftw.

#43 Posted by cascadeking09 (6744 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not sure. I guess super would just use hear heat vision.

#44 Posted by Shanana (54194 posts) - - Show Bio

How is Telepathy even a factor though?

Telepathy is a mental power, but is it effective against someone who can move faster then someone can think?

#45 Posted by cascadeking09 (6744 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sha:  I think she moves just as fast.
#46 Posted by Shanana (54194 posts) - - Show Bio

Your all forgetting that Kara has the ability to Hear, miles away, to see miles away. hell she heared batman's heart beat from the next room. Not to mention she can learn skills by simply watching people.

Don't think i'm a Troll, i am a Kara Fan, and i am a MM fan. but i think Kara wins.
#47 Posted by Hellos (8870 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hellos
said:
"Miss Martian is hotter, your talking about a chick, that can turn into any chick. Thats a damn nice bonus. "

I agree with me here. Regardless of who wins.
#48 Posted by ChadwickDavis (472 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:

Supergirl also has a few powers that can be used to her advantage

Supergirl can become invisible too actually.
It is not something that has been touched upon regularly but she did it by imitating the flash and vibrating her molvcules so fast that she cant be seen (wonder girl/ Cassandra Sandsmark learned this the hard way.) She has also shown the possibility for crystal generation (Batgirl/ Cassandra Cain Learned this the hard way) though this ability has only been used in a defensive ability it is feasible in this situation.     
#49 Posted by Ferro Vida (34318 posts) - - Show Bio

Miss Martian should win.

#50 Edited by CosmicSpiral (5460 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sha said:

"  How is Telepathy even a factor though?  Telepathy is a mental power, but is it effective against someone who can move faster then someone can think? "

Both Martians and Kryptonians have comparable reflexes and speed in all categories. It doesn't stop J'onn from telepathically linking up to everyone in the JLA.

@ChadwickDavis: That type of "invisibility" doesn't allow her to move.