Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Lukundra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@dondave: @night4345: Any reason? I thought Magik was one of the greatest teleporters ever.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukundra Evan can send her to a Pocket Dimension and destroy it.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Evan stomps

Lukundra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Could she teleport out before he did? This is just for the sake of argument, I'm not trying to pick sides.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OrdinaryAlan

I think the win would go to whoever teleports first. If Magik teleports Evan to Limbo, then she could negate pretty much anything he could throw at her. On the flip side, as Dondave said, he could teleport her to a pocket dimension easily.

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

@lukundra: She might not even know she's in one before he does. I agree with OrdinaryAlan, but are there reflective surfaces in Limbo? He could port out of almost anything.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By chiq

@lukundra: Magik

She can do anything MM does and more. She doesn't need any reflective surfaces and she has way more powers. She can just transmute Evan's gadgets into useless objects.

@dorukesin Evan stomps? How? Magik has greater teleportation powers and greater overall powers.

@mightyrearranger She can seal Limbo and prevent tele porters like Thor, Strange, etc...from teleporting out and she can shape Limbo to her will. She can turn Limbo into a place with no shiny surfaces or even a blank space of nothingness or a dark pit of fire to anything she really wants.

Magik can teleport anywhere in time and space and different realities. She does not need any reflective surface nor does she need to touch or even see her opponent to teleport them.

Lukundra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq: But would she know to get rid of all reflective surfaces? Mirror Master does have quite a few tricks without even leaving Mirror World. He can send out clones of himself, and I believe mirror versions of Magik to attack her. Nice to see you here btw. The whole reason I made this thread was because you told me how Magik and MM are kind of similar.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Illyana

Avatar image for giantmonstersrule30
GiantMonstersRule30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Mirror Master

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By chiq

@lukundra said:

@chiq: But would she know to get rid of all reflective surfaces? Mirror Master does have quite a few tricks without even leaving Mirror World. He can send out clones of himself, and I believe mirror versions of Magik to attack her. Nice to see you here btw. The whole reason I made this thread was because you told me how Magik and MM are kind of similar.

Yeah, good to see you. They are similar. They both use home dimensions to win battles. The only difference is Magik can do a whole lot more. Greater teleportation range and less limitations, way more versatile and more overall raw power.

Magik's demons can also copy the powers of heroes. Here the demons copy the power of Thor and the other Avengers and the FF. in the Next Scan they use Silver Surfer's power cosmic. In the other Scan they take on the forms of Miss Marvel's rouge's gallery. They can contain speedsters as well.

Limbo in its natural state is a Hell dimension a dark rocky Waste land filled with fire and lost souls. Not a place MM would want to be in.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Mirror master can teleport through reflective surfaces, Magik can teleport anywhere, any time in any surface or thin air. Magik has the edge. She can dump Evan in a different time period. She can adduct Evan in a dark room, a different dimension, basically in any environment.

Mirror Master needs Magik to be near something shiney to get to her. Magik can reach him anywhere in any dimension. She has invaded and humbled Mephisto in his own realm, gone into the crimson cosmos and Cyttorak, she as able to find Legion in a place outside existence itself. She can dump him in the end of time or teleport his head off. She beat the Elder Gods who are above Dormammu with her time travel.

Mirror Master can transmute people to glass, Magik can transmute stuff to any material. She can turn those mirrors into wood or teleport all the shiny objects away. There has been no known limit to the number of objects she can teleport all in one go.

She can also turn invisible and intangible turn into energy. Suck out and trap souls fire energy blasts put up magical shields, go to the astral plain, grow in size, shape shift, cast Illusions like Evan, do Magical constructs ala green lantern, depower whole armies, etc....

What happens if Magik is invisible? Mirror Master is a human. Magik can heal is more durable and has better physicals.

No Caption Provided

Mirror master can get into someone eye's? Magik can get into someones head and even kill their personalities.

I mean cmon... I know mirror master is powerful but Magik is a Dormammu level or above threat in Limbo. Limbo has warped the entire universe when it spilled over in the earth's dimension. Magik can bring Limbo to earth if she wasn't holding back.

No Caption Provided

How would Mirror Master fare against Mephisto or Dormammu?

She calls Dormmamu a lower demon who is beneath her. She intimidates Hell Lords like Blackheart and Mephisto. She traps Legion in Limbo and Sunspot says she can do anything she wants. She is mirror master on steroids.

No Caption Provided

Lukundra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq: I don't suppose bringing in Mirror World Magiks into Limbo would work? If so, wouldn't that mean that he could have multiple reality warpers on his side?

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By chiq

@lukundra said:

@chiq: I don't suppose bringing in Mirror World Magiks into Limbo would work? If so, wouldn't that mean that he could have multiple reality warpers on his side?

I guess i could counter that Magik's demons turn into different Mirror Masters as well or she just gets rid of all the mirrors or transmutes his costume and gadgets and tech. She could just make his tech blow up since she can also manipulate all sorts of energy and blow up their energy source or redirect his blasts. She even has spells to see through illusions.

That's why they are similar to me. The big difference is that Magik has way more options of attacking him and defending herself.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dorukesin
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq: Your argument is interesting - and while Magik might have more versatility; she doesn't know to rid Evan of his Mirrors or Reflective Surfaces.

Plus Magik has a reflective surface that she CAN'T get rid of - her eyes.

Also - Mirror Master can dimension hop as well - so he wouldn't be trapped in Limbo forever if Magik did get the first hit.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By chiq
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@chiq: Your argument is interesting - and while Magik might have more versatility; she doesn't know to rid Evan of his Mirrors or Reflective Surfaces.

Also - Mirror Master can dimension hop as well - so he wouldn't be trapped in Limbo forever if Magik did get the first hit.

Actually she does, if she goes completely Darkchylde and swallows Limbo like she did with Dommamu Evan would have nowhere to go. (If it's pitch black there can't be a reflection.)

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen said:

Actually she does, if she goes completely Darkchylde and swallows Limbo like she did with Dommamu Evan would have nowhere to go. (If it's pitch black there can't be a reflection.)

That's implying that she knows to rid Evan of his reflections - these two have NEVER met before so she'd have no reason to immediately make the battle pitch black.

Plus there's the fact that I'd put Evan's reaction time above Magik's - considering he was able to react to a blitzing, mind controlled & willing to kill Jay Garrick.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dorukesin
chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By chiq

@thetruebarryallen said:

She can prevent teleporters both tech and magic from teleporting. Sorry for the fuzzy pictures. Logan tell's hawk eye we can't teleport in cuz Magik has counter measures for that in the other scan Doc Strange and another fellow says her magic is blocking both their porting powers as well. Beast with prep along with all of Angel's science squad can't port in either.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's implying that she knows to rid Evan of his reflections - these two have NEVER met before so she'd have no reason to immediately make the battle pitch black.

Plus there's the fact that I'd put Evan's reaction time above Magik's - considering he was able to react to a blitzing, mind controlled & willing to kill Jay Garrick.

It's less to do with knowing Evan specifically than it is to know how light affects things. Granted if Illyana knows this is up in the air.

I'm not a big fan of putting that much into reaction feats when Evan is supposedly just a guy with a gun. I don't doubt he's better at fighting Flash's than most as he's gotten used to seeing the signs, but he is not fighting one of those this time.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

She can prevent teleporters both tech and magic from teleporting. Sorry for the fuzzy pictures. Logan tell's hawk eye we can't teleport in cuz Magik has counter measures for that in the other scan Doc Strange says her magic is blocking his porting powers. Beast with prep along with all of Angel's science squad can't port in either.

If you look at my response to Outsider you'd see that:

1.) Magik wouldn't know until MM used his abilities that he was a teleporter

2.) Magik's reaction time isn't on par with Evan's reaction time - Evan was able to react to a blitzing Jay Garrick who was morals off due to mind control.

While Magik may have more options - it doesn't change the fact that she has no knowledge on Mirror Master & wouldn't be able to out speed him when it came to getting the first hit.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen said:

It's less to do with knowing Evan specifically than it is to know how light affects things. Granted if Illyana knows this is up in the air.

I'm not a big fan of putting that much into reaction feats when Evan is supposedly just a guy with a gun. I don't doubt he's better at fighting Flash's than most as he's gotten used to seeing the signs, but he is not fighting one of those this time.

It's not that he's better at fighting Flashes - it's that he's specifically FASTER than Magik.

Being able to draw your weapon & fire it before being torn to pieces by Jay Garrick is quite a feat, and I honestly don't believe Magik is that quick on the draw.

Mirror Master can get to the Mirror World - leave some duplicates in her eyes to blind her, and then stick his hand out of her eye while holding his blaster to then transmute her to glass.

Evan's just more ruthless & more ready to kill someone on first encounter without hesitation than Magik is.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By chiq

@thetruebarryallen said:

@chiq said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

She can prevent teleporters both tech and magic from teleporting. Sorry for the fuzzy pictures. Logan tell's hawk eye we can't teleport in cuz Magik has counter measures for that in the other scan Doc Strange says her magic is blocking his porting powers. Beast with prep along with all of Angel's science squad can't port in either.

2.) Magik's reaction time isn't on par with Evan's reaction time - Evan was able to react to a blitzing Jay Garrick who was morals off due to mind control.

While Magik may have more options - it doesn't change the fact that she has no knowledge on Mirror Master & wouldn't be able to out speed him when it came to getting the first hit.

And Magik has also reacted to a blitzing simulation of the light speeder spectrum and she evades lasers, Mjolnir and always teleports teammates out of blasts. MM is still just human so these flashes aren't going all out. In fact Magik is less human then MM.

MM wouldn't know that Magik is a Hell Lord either, she'd just look like some teenage blonde.

Magik can also open a portal out of MM's body like she did with colossus.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

@chiq said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

And Magik has also reacted to a blitzing simulation of the light speeder spectrum and she evades lasers, Mjolnir and always teleports teammates out of blasts. MM is still just human so these flashes aren't going all out. In fact Magik is less human then MM.

MM wouldn't know that Magik is a Hell Lord either, she'd just look like some teenage blonde.

Comic lasers are a terrible measurement for speed feats - specifically because characters like Daredevil have evaded them.

It doesn't specifically matter that Magik is a hell lord - the point I was making there was that all the arguments for Magik's victory are that she'll nullify Mirror Master's abilities without specifically knowing who he is or what he's capable of.

Mirror Master is more willing to go for a kill shot when the battle begins than Magik is.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By chiq

@dorukesin said:

@chiq:

so he's blind. When she's pissed off, she doesn't have reflections in her eyes.

No Caption Provided

She doesn't need to see to teleport his head off. she also heals. Also here she is inside Legion's head slaughtering his personalities. or she turns invisible so no more reflection. or she travels back in time to finish him off. She has counters for his attacks. He doesn't.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not that he's better at fighting Flashes - it's that he's specifically FASTER than Magik.

Being able to draw your weapon & fire it before being torn to pieces by Jay Garrick is quite a feat, and I honestly don't believe Magik is that quick on the draw.

Mirror Master can get to the Mirror World - leave some duplicates in her eyes to blind her, and then stick his hand out of her eye while holding his blaster to then transmute her to glass.

Evan's just more ruthless & more ready to kill someone on first encounter without hesitation than Magik is.

And I have to say I seriously doubt Evan is any faster than any other human of his size, he may look that way when fighting Flash's because he can now predict where they will be the same way a hunter know how to aim and shoot at a deer in motion, it's the same thing Captain Cold has to do even when aided by the cold field he has.

He might get to the mirror world, but the thing is that if Magik goes demonic, then her eyes start emitting light and they stop being reflecting (a light bulb isn't reflective when the light is on after all).

Depends on what state Magik is in, but I suppose you are right as long as it's 'normal on Earth' version.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By chiq

@thetruebarryallen: Evan won't know what Magik is capable of either. Plus Magik can get rid of reflective material. Evan can't stop Magik from doing her thing at all. She doesn't have the same limitations.

Don't be too sure about Evan being more ruthless then Magik. She's killed a ton. She even tricked and manipulated her teammates and her own brother in a way that makes Colossus want to kill his beloved little sister now . She sacrificed the safety of the whole universe to finish off her vendetta with the elder gods. Cyclops had to lock her up.

No Caption Provided

Check out the scan when she entered Legion's head. Canonball told her not to mess with him, she disobeyed the order and started killing off his multiple personalities. She also redirected that bullet right back at her shooter in the other scan. She also ports people into volcanoes

No Caption Provided

Cmon man I do know that Evan is extremely powerful but both going at their best MM doesn't take down Hell Lords

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The master

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By chiq

@chiq said:

It doesn't specifically matter that Magik is a hell lord - the point I was making there was that all the arguments for Magik's victory are that she'll nullify Mirror Master's abilities without specifically knowing who he is or what he's capable of.

She does depower opponents instantly.

She depowered a whole army of dire wraiths.

No Caption Provided

She depowered one of the most powerful magic users of Asgard

No Caption Provided

Even her alternate reality version depowers Colossus and Kitty

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik turns him to a cow

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mirror Master wins.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq: it's already been discussed. No one just "leaves" the mirror dimension. Wally west couldn't even just hop out. Plus she may not even realize she's there. He could make her fight a clone of herself or hell he could just cut her head off with a piece of glass or turn her into glass and shatter it.

Magik is a beast but I don't see her winning this if McCulloch is serious.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By chiq

@supermanwithatan01: magik can sense people in other dimensions. She knew the instant dani moonstar was transported to hel. She was able to track legion outside reality. She can teleport anywhere in the omniverse.

Her demons can mimic powers too. Like Thor and the silver surfer. She can turn evan into a demon steal his soul, travel back in time and kill him.

Magik can redirect his transmutation beam back at him and she can shut down his porting powers like she did doc strange, Thor etc...

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq: what if he sent her to a place that time runs backwards? Or puts her in the mirror dimension and destroys it before she realizes? It would kill her. I saw a lot of these arguments debunked by Saren and Killemall in the Mirror Master vs Thor thread iirc.

Perhaps it depends on who acts first and what their opening move is.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01: magik has time manip powers too. She made her team function in frozen time. While was imprisoned on earth she knew the instant hela teleported her teammate to her realm. She also know the instant her teammates made a wrong teleport into mephisto' s realm. She sensed Thor porting into limbo while she was in the danger room.

The thing is mirror master needs reflective surfaces to port. Magik can port in darkness,space, etc...

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq: then his battle depends on if it's in Limbo or the Mirrorverse, so basically who's quicker on the draw.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq: then his battle depends on if it's in Limbo or the Mirrorverse, so basically who's quicker on the draw.

Actually as hax and as powerful as MM is, I think Magik has more options and counters overall. Invisibility, greater teleportation range, ability to seal dimensions and shut down porting, feats against transmutation, depowerment, intangiblity, etc...

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq: I wasn't aware she had all those honestly.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Convincing post's on here, I would back Magik for the majority IMO.