Mimic Vs Thor

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@experio said:

@foreverevil: but you were saying Thor was slow. Killmall and I agreed his not that much faster than Iron fist who has shown great speed in moving just his body. So Thors combat is not slow since his faster

lol. ok buddy. if you think thats fast...then by all means keep thinking its fast. to the rest of us thats slow. maybe its fast for a human. but he's slow

Notice all of that was without the hammer, with it he has shown much greater speed. And i'm not referring to travel,you can keep thinking his slow. I'll have proof while you will have irrelevant comebacks or perhaps none at all

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:
@foreverevil said:
@experio said:

@foreverevil: but you were saying Thor was slow. Killmall and I agreed his not that much faster than Iron fist who has shown great speed in moving just his body. So Thors combat is not slow since his faster

lol. ok buddy. if you think thats fast...then by all means keep thinking its fast. to the rest of us thats slow. maybe its fast for a human. but he's slow

Notice all of that was without the hammer, with it he has shown much greater speed. And i'm not referring to travel,you can keep thinking his slow. I'll have proof while you will have irrelevant comebacks or perhaps none at all

wait what??? whats youre problem? All im saying is you think him being at Iron Fist's speed is fast, and I think thats slow. No need to get upset. It was just a big misunderstanding. It all started because there was a difference of opinion in what is slow and what is fast. I said he was slow(and he is) and it got proven to you that he is slow....as slow as iron fist..but if you think thats fast and impressive then by all means call it fast. Meanwhile we'll all continue to call that very slow. Again its all relative though. He'd be very fast to aunt may.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Experio

@foreverevil said:

@experio said:
@foreverevil said:
@experio said:

wait what??? whats youre problem? All im saying is you think him being at Iron Fist's speed is fast, and I think thats slow. No need to get upset. It was just a big misunderstanding. It all started because there was a difference of opinion in what is slow and what is fast. I said he was slow(and he is) and it got proven to you that he is slow....as slow as iron fist..but if you think thats fast and impressive then by all means call it fast. Meanwhile we'll all continue to call that very slow. Again its all relative though. He'd be very fast to aunt may.

Iron fist has shown Micro-second and so has Thor without Mjolnir but with it, he has much higher and your still saying his slow. You ask me whats my problem after that? Someone has yet to prove his slow, Even opinions can be wrong but I wasn't expressing my statement in a rude way.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By New_World_Order

Lool atractive male, I'm sure Thor believes himself to be the opposite.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:
@foreverevil said:
@experio said:
@foreverevil said:
@experio said:

Iron fist has shown Micro-second and so has Thor without Mjolnir but with it, he has much higher and your still saying his slow. You ask me whats my problem after that? Someone has yet to prove his slow, Even opinions can be wrong but I wasn't expressing my statement in a rude way, i'm sorry if you misunderstood.

so then everything killemall said to you is out the window? are you now saying he's wrong?

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foreverevil: For the second time, Me and Killmall agreed that his not 'that' much faster than Iron fist, and all the feats were Thor without holding the hammer which I mentioned to you.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@foreverevil: For the second time, Me and Killmall agreed that his not 'that' much faster than Iron fist, and all the feats were Thor without holding the hammer which I mentioned to you.

right, and hopefully for the last time, thats slow. if you think its fast then thats fine. im not going to try to change your mind. next time we'll just have to clarify our comments cause while all of us will be citing thors slow speed for a reason he loses, we'll have to clarify that its slow in relative terms but he's fast in terms of street levelers like iron fist. its fine, it really is. im not trying to change your mind. we're on the same page, you just think its fast and me and killemall and the rest think its slow. its fine. truly it is.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Experio

@foreverevil: Again, Thor does not operate in street leveler speed, his above Iron fist in terms of speed not on the same category. And thats 'without the hammer'. Get it, Place that variable in and his fast.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@foreverevil: Again, Thor does not operate in street leveler speed, his above Iron fist in terms of speed not on the same category. And thats 'without the hammer'. Place those variables in and his fast. Get it

No. I dont get it. I think maybe English isn't your first language and i think thats creating a disconnect. I dont understand your first sentence. Youre saying Thor isnt street leveler speed but you just finished agreeing with killemall that he's around iron fist speed. So umm yea thats a little confusing.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Experio

@foreverevil: I agreed with Killmall that his above Iron fist in speed. check again

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By ForeverEvil

@experio said:

@foreverevil: I agreed with Killmall that his above Iron fist in speed. check again

I know. It says "@experio said:

@killemall: Your view is accurate, Thor isn't that much faster than Iron fist and the feats back that statement. Thus I agree :)

Pleasure goes both ways, good debating with you too" im agreeing. you got confused again. i know what you said. i know what he said. and i know what im saying. idk where you got confused. you said that thor isnt much faster than iron fist. thats slow is what im saying. and im saying that if you think its fast then ok, youre wrong but ok, you can think what you want.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#162  Edited By Killemall

@lvenger: You are not going to change Issac's mind, i gave up, you probably should. Come on he sees Thor doiging Masterson hit as proof that Thor is significantly faster than him, but Masterson later hitting him fine doesnt contradict Thor being faster but its totally different when the same case goes against Thor. Thor himself outright admitting Wolverine is faster than him, is somehow countered by Thor being able to hit a de-powered Wolverine.

If he still refuses to see a double standard in that, not sure how to convince him.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feel free to continue ignoring that fact - but when I see them again I'll raise the exact same points, again and again.

And i will keep ignoring you for using double standard when it comes to Thor, and being biased. :)

Such is life and it shall continue.

Good-day :)

I said i wont argue with you on this topic and i wont.. thats just that..

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By dum529001

Here's something for those who don't how Thor's power of flight actually works:

I posted this many times before under a spoiler tab with other scans but poeple ignore scans unless you smack them in the face with it.

Mjolnir also allows for simulated flight whereby when thrown it could pull it's wielder along. Basically, Thor flies by flinging his hammer really hard and then hanging on for ride:

No Caption Provided

And no matter what, it's been explained that "Thor can always control the course of his flight," fromThor #400:

No Caption Provided

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By isaac_clarke

@lvenger said:

@isaac_clarke said:

By multiple Lvenger means twice. Once with his fist, once with Mjolnir. Both times when Thor is grappling Masterson and realistically can't dodge because of it.

To Lvenger: Don't let the details hold you back.

Am I really going to have to post all the times Eric hits Thor to counter your point? Is this what it's come to now? Am I now going to have to teach you about the details holding your argument back?

Here are the only two times Masterson 'strikes' Thor in this encounter and there are only two.

Eric Masterson 'Leaps' into Thor (grabbing onto him) after distracting him with the tree-toss:

No Caption Provided

And then while being chocked out, punched Thor with his fist:

I always keep thinking he hits him with Mjolnir here - but I'm wrong there.
I always keep thinking he hits him with Mjolnir here - but I'm wrong there.

Thor on the other hand is shown repeatedly besting Masterson, with Masterson's own dialogue remarking about it and the narration telling the audience how Masterson was in a tight-spot at times.

There's Catching Mjolnir:

Catching Mjolnir twice, (Full swing, Toss) :

There's the start of the fight where Thor decks Masterson with a punch 'fight':

No Caption Provided

Thor displays a clear measure of skill as he twirls Masterson over-head through the wall.

No Caption Provided

And again as Eric finds himself being choked by Thor:

No Caption Provided

And there's Masterson himself, either acknowleding his inferiority in combat:

No Caption Provided

The fight ends literally with this sentiment:

No Caption Provided

The only times he actually tags Thor is either while he's distracted or choking him with his free hand. He spends more of the fight praising Thor's ability than actually hitting Thor.

That was Thor. Namely why the figure going flying has Mjolnir in his hand and Masterson throws it at him as he gets back off the ground at the stump.

See above for my counter of that assertion of yours. Thor does nothing to prove an otherwise solid advantage over Eric other than thought bubbles from Eric and wishful thinking on your part that is instantly negated by the stalemate end to the fight. And let's be honest here isaac, for all his reputation, Thor has barely any good combat feats to speak of. He brawls most of the time and uses a simple fighting style with barely any showings of skill to compliment that at all. In contrast, I can show better skill feats from Superman, Spider-Man, Batman, heck even Kyle Rayner even though they aren't trained in the ways of the warrior. Thor does little to cement his reputation as a proper warrior honestly.

Its less about assertions and actually reading the scans (which is the recurring issue with these arguments). Batman is an actual martial artist - I would hope to god he has better skill showings than Thor. Spiderman largely runs his entire career without displaying a fraction of skill, Superman pressure-point spammed a Kryptonian (not actual fightning skill mind you) and I have no idea what Rayner has done throughout his career that is worth mentioning.

Either way it's a non-argument since Thor doesn't fight like a brute here and Masterson does.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By isaac_clarke

@lvenger: You are not going to change Issac's mind, i gave up, you probably should.

Actually having scans that support your claims would work wonders to change my mind.

Come on he sees Thor doiging Masterson hit as proof that Thor is significantly faster than him, but Masterson later hitting him fine doesnt contradict Thor being faster but its totally different when the same case goes against Thor.

Context: Thor can easily dodge Masterson's blows when not holding onto his throat and being blind-sided by a punch. This does not immediately negate Thor easily dodging every strike Masterson throws, trying to talk him down / frustrating Masterson.

Thor himself outright admitting Wolverine is faster than him,

Context: Name of book - Wolverine Vs Thor. A blinded Hulk has zero issues tagging Wolverine without adamantium attached to his bones making him significantly lighter. And so on.

In an Iron Man team-up with Thor - Iron Man was physically depicted as capable of fighting Thor to a standstill. Guess that negates anything else that screams to the contrary.

is somehow countered by Thor being able to hit a de-powered Wolverine.

Context: Wolverine's healing factor was turned off. Wolverine's actual physical stats, reaction time, fighting skills, etc do not disappear the moment he loses his healing factor. That is not remotely even implied to be the case in the context of the scans.

If he still refuses to see a double standard in that, not sure how to convince him.

In contrast - you refuse to acknowledge fault in your arguments and complain about me being unreasonable.

@killemall said:

@isaac_clarke said:

Feel free to continue ignoring that fact - but when I see them again I'll raise the exact same points, again and again.

And i will keep ignoring you for using double standard when it comes to Thor, and being biased. :)

Such is life and it shall continue.

Good-day :)

I said i wont argue with you on this topic and i wont.. thats just that..

The hypocrisy doesn't end. You can't claim to ignore someone - and yet try to antagonize them with a response about how you're ignoring them. Seriously any respect I had for you is flying right out the window; dishonesty and ignoring the own faults of your argument is just trolling.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@isaac_clarke: Any respect I had for you is flying out the window now if you're not only going to measure up to double standard scans as being solid proof that Thor has any decent combat speed beyond street level yet accuse Killemall of hypocrisy, double standards and worst of all trolling just because he ran circles around you in his arguments. Please try and have a little respect for others on here, it would help your standing massively given your lack of convincing arguments.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morals of the story: debating Issac in a Thor thread and expecting him to have unbiased view, is improbable.

Nuff said there.

Its a pleasure that other people surprise me with how level headed they have been in this debate though.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: It's been difficult to do so. But it seems this weekend has been fraught with accusations made against me. A Hulk fanboy called GreenScar said I was a complete creep for even insinuating that it would be poor writing if Thanos lost to his precious Hulk in a fair fight. I mean god forbid it if Thanos has too many ways to beat Hulk besides raw strength and slugging it out when Thanos is far more likely to use one of his other abilities to KO Hulk eh? I even had to direct him to your thread to prove him wrong :P

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#170  Edited By Saren

Let's all try to rein in our disappointment with each other, please

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: Admittedly i had no idea what "rein in" actually means, had to google that for a while. I think its better for me, and Lvenger to just leave this thread alone :)

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Vaeternus

@lvenger: Gotta love Thor threads lol. Good points.

Mimic FTW.

Avatar image for noahmaximillion
NoahMaximillion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 44

#173  Edited By NoahMaximillion

Thor would win, he's too fast for Mimic but I'm wondering can telepathy affect Thor?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Lvenger

@citizenbane: Admittedly i had no idea what "rein in" actually means, had to google that for a while. I think its better for me, and Lvenger to just leave this thread alone :)

Agreed, I shall be doing this too.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great to see MKF30 bitter that his thread was closed following my post history around. Great.

@lvenger said:

@isaac_clarke: Any respect I had for you is flying out the window now

Honest Question: Is this an intentional jab at me telling you in the past to use your own words? Because I've pointed out before, specifically to you, your words ring hollow when they aren't yours.

if you're not only going to measure up to double standard scans as being solid proof that Thor has any decent combat speed beyond street level

Its less about a double-standard and much more about the scans themselves.

Thor's depicted as slow much more often than he's depicted as having speed throughout the decades. That's not the issue and despite my efforts to point out the faults in arguments here - my points are ignored. Either by people publicly saying 'I'm not going to respond to you because you're nitpicky" and users such as yourself that just ignore the posts entirely without any acknowledgment.

yet accuse Killemall of hypocrisy,

There aren't accusations in my posts - I write down exactly what is hypocrital in killer's posts. If you disagree - point out exactly how that isn't the case rather than complaining to me otherwise.

double standards and worst of all trolling just because he ran circles around you in his arguments.

Again - praise to Lvenger about how everyone puts up an argument I failed to debate. Seriously what 'circles' have either you or killer 'ran' around me in this thread for future reference? Because I have one person ignoring the context of his own scans, literally removing panels that directly contradict his argument (GJ Killer) and you insisting things happened on panel that did not.

Please try and have a little respect for others on here, it would help your standing massively given your lack of convincing arguments.

I've been more than patient with both you - showing respect that neither of you have bothered to return in kind. Killer has gone to say claim I've been misleading, too 'nit-picky', unreasonable and repeatedly hearing how he's to ignore me - while continuing to egg me on by referencing me in the same thread. From you I keep hearing about my performance being lacking in a debate, while claiming bias despite my every attempt to point out that isn't the case.

The real issue here is I actually expect claims to be supported by scans. Every argument I've written either consists of having evidence behind it or pointing out the flaws in the other poster's argument (which in this case Killer is intentionally being misleading / ignoring the context of his own scans - even cutting out panels that directly contradict his points.

I full expect to not get a response now that everyone has jumped ship rather than actually respond to anything I've written.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By isaac_clarke

@noahmaximillion said:

Thor would win, he's too fast for Mimic but I'm wondering can telepathy affect Thor?

It has a number of times.

@killemall said:

Morals of the story: debating Issac in a Thor thread and expecting him to have unbiased view, is improbable.

I've gone from nit-picky to outright biased.

You refuse to acknowledge the context of your own scans, while deceptively cut out panels that directly contradict any claim made by yourself. There's nothing wrong with being wrong; I certainly know that on these boards - the issue here is however you're pretending otherwise.

Also to highlight a previous post I noticed, what does the Hulk have to do with me pointing Thor has shown super-human speed by catching that tank-shell casually?

@vaeternus said:

@lvenger: Gotta love Thor threads lol. Good points.

Mimic FTW.

Considering you're the first person (?) to actually argue this in this thread - how?

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

ProfZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe I didn't see it in here, but is Mimic going to be able to stop Mjolnir from flying through his skull at 2x the speed of light? If so then Mimic wins, if not then...well brain soup.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Vaeternus

@killemall: @lvenger: I hear both of ya lol. Especially when it comes to Thor topics, defend Thor to the T. Thor, the god of comicvine!!! lol I just want to say both of you guys make very good points and I agree. Given what mimic is capable of, I definitely think he can give Thor a run if not beat him flat out. I agree that Thor isn't nearly as fast as some make him out to be. I mean the guy isn't Superman or Flash fast...or people thinking Thor can fly 2X speed of light? Eh? lol Thor has never moved that fast I agree.

@ Isaac, Bitter? Given how half the people took it the wrong way to begin with I didn't mind it being closed.Concerning this topic can't say I'm surprised by your stance but given what I've read in here on behalf of mimic and my own research, powers of 5 X-men on top of being able to mimic powers of others? I'd also lean mimic here. I also don't see 'every' person in here arguing for Thor's behalf outside of yourself and a few who just posted "Thor" without actual reasons.

Aside from kill, lvenger, what about these guys who also don't seem to feel Thor would win here.

@dondave said:

What Speed?

Mimic still has Jean's telepathy and seeing the way Thor has been dropped by telepathy recently, he could beat him.

@foreverevil said:

but its not mimic w/ thors powers and no mjolnir vs thor w/ mjolnir. its mimic with the powers of the original xmen AND thors powers vs thor. just saying

@foreverevil said:

Thor is slow. Everyone knows this. How is this even being argued??

I know right lol, people act as if he's Flash or Superman speed. I mean he may not be the slowest guy in comics but people definitely overrated his speed imo.

That's at least 5 other people myself included who cleary doesn't feel this is a stomp in Thor's favor...

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Killemall

@vaeternus: Cheers some things we cant just change, he is normally very reasonable in topic other than Thor though. Although for the record, I think other than telepathy Mimic is going to struggle so Thor has better odds, though neither of them are capable of blitzing each other, unless well Mimic has Quicksilver or any of those speedsters powers.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Vaeternus

@killemall: indeed. Some things we can't change. From my experience on here(especially the battles) some users will defend certain characters regardless you know? Thor seems to be one of those comicvine favs know what I mean? If Thor has no defense against telepathy(which last time I checked he doesn't) as you mentioned that will give him problems. As some others said, Mimic may not have as many feats but I also try to consider what one can do based on abilities. The speed thing I agree totally. One other thing I noticed, Mimic is said to have Iceman's abilities also, and people argue for Iceman that he can't be killed, he regens etc so if he goes all Ice what can Thor do to him? Know what I mean? I just remember seeing that iceman vs thor topic and a lot of people making solid cases for Bobby.

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor stomp: faster, stronger, more durable and everything else. People are considering Thor low showings in speed, of course he isn't as fast as superman and no Thor fan actually says the opposite. Thor blitz Loki who has combat speed as fast as thought.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By isaac_clarke

@killemall said:

@vaeternus: Cheers some things we cant just change, he is normally very reasonable in topic other than Thor though. Although for the record, I think other than telepathy Mimic is going to struggle so Thor has better odds, though neither of them are capable of blitzing each other, unless well Mimic has Quicksilver or any of those speedsters powers.

Do you remember Mortein and his posts involving 'the Surfer is slow' scanarama? I did the same thing there as I did here, pointed out the inconsistencies within the argument presented. Stuff like 'here's Namor tagging the Surfer' was really 'here's Namor and the Surfer running into an invisible barrier to help Strange'. The main difference however was, Mortein didn't reply to me to tell me he was ignoring me and call me bias.

So if I'm bias here, I'm bias there and any other time I break down people's own scans for them. Feel free to ignore this post like the rest, but that's the honest truth; because if I feel a scans are being used against their own context - I'll point out how, repeatedly. Whether people want to acknowledge it or not.

And you realize MKF30 followed my post history here just to disagree with me, right?

@killemall: @lvenger: I hear both of ya lol. Especially when it comes to Thor topics, defend Thor to the T. Thor, the god of comicvine!!! lol I just want to say both of you guys make very good points and I agree. Given what mimic is capable of, I definitely think he can give Thor a run if not beat him flat out. I agree that Thor isn't nearly as fast as some make him out to be. I mean the guy isn't Superman or Flash fast...or people thinking Thor can fly 2X speed of light? Eh? lol Thor has never moved that fast I agree.

@ Isaac, Bitter? Given how half the people took it the wrong way to begin with I didn't mind it being closed.Concerning this topic can't say I'm surprised by your stance but given what I've read in here on behalf of mimic and my own research, powers of 5 X-men on top of being able to mimic powers of others? I'd also lean mimic here. I also don't see 'every' person in here arguing for Thor's behalf outside of yourself and a few who just posted "Thor" without actual reasons.

Aside from kill, lvenger, what about these guys who also don't seem to feel Thor would win here.

Can you show me scans of Mimic using those powers to any extent that he could actually defeat Thor?

@killemall: indeed. Some things we can't change. From my experience on here(especially the battles) some users will defend certain characters regardless you know? Thor seems to be one of those comicvine favs know what I mean? If Thor has no defense against telepathy(which last time I checked he doesn't) as you mentioned that will give him problems. As some others said, Mimic may not have as many feats but I also try to consider what one can do based on abilities. The speed thing I agree totally. One other thing I noticed, Mimic is said to have Iceman's abilities also, and people argue for Iceman that he can't be killed, he regens etc so if he goes all Ice what can Thor do to him? Know what I mean? I just remember seeing that iceman vs thor topic and a lot of people making solid cases for Bobby.

Here's a scan for you MKF30; Emma Frost with a portion of the Pheonix Force not dropping Thor with telepathy.

No Caption Provided

Similarily in the same event Rachel Summers doesn't either. Xavier puts Thor, along with the rest of the Avengers to sleep rather easily. Red Skull's S-Man's power of influence also affect Thor - but that isn't really telepathy. Telepathy throughout the years has had varying levels of success against Thor. Reading a comic featuring Thor might help show that to you.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr. Octopus, Bedlam, Loki, Tutinax had no problem TPing Thor as well, its not all Thor resisting as most people would think.

Not entirely sure on Mimic, but doesnt he actually have the TP abilities of Prof X, thats should reasonably be more than enough, and we have 2 instances clearly showing so.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr. Octopus, Bedlam, Loki, Tutinax had no problem TPing Thor as well, its not all Thor resisting as most people would think.

Not entirely sure on Mimic, but doesnt he actually have the TP abilities of Prof X, thats should reasonably be more than enough, and we have 2 instances clearly showing so.

You can add Madcap to that list

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i thought mimic had the powers of jean not xavier,? anyway are you going with mimic?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

Honestly have read the issue, nor do i know who Madcap is :p.

Would you know the issue number, I would be interested to check it out.

i thought mimic had the powers of jean not xavier,? anyway are you going with mimic?

Perhaps, although i outright admit, i know very little about Mimic. Then again, having Jean's power is actually even better given its been established that Jean TP power not only rivals but rather dwarfs Xavier's.

No Caption Provided

My stance in the thread is, i dont think Mimic can outmuscle Thor, i dont think Mimic can blitz Thor, despite me being convinced Thor is slow but not that slow (unless he actually has powers of Quicksilver, or someone similar), but rather his telepathy could potentially win it for him. In short, i think this fight could go either way.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: just went back to the OP, the guy says mimic has the powers of the original xmen so i think its jean and not xavier, not sure though. anyway, why couldnt mimic outmuscle thor? he could absorb/mimic thors powers too, no?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Killemall

@killemall: just went back to the OP, the guy says mimic has the powers of the original xmen so i think its jean and not xavier, not sure though. anyway, why couldnt mimic outmuscle thor? he could absorb/mimic thors powers too, no?

Absorbing Thor's power is one thing, Mjolnir power is another. The plot hammer is pretty damn powerful. Honestly if Marvel just gave the hammer its own mind, and free will, it would perhaps be the most powerful cosmic heroes running around, dwarfing even guys like Surfer.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

Honestly have read the issue, nor do i know who Madcap is :p.

Would you know the issue number, I would be interested to check it out.

Madcap

Deadpool Annual #1 - Madcapped

After Thor turned both Deadpool and Madcap to ash, they both healed together so Deadpool gained Madcap's powers. He then uses them to make Luke Cage and Thor dance with each other.

Avatar image for alessandro_souzamarques
alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall said:

Dr. Octopus used some kind of nano robots, not TP. Loki didn't exactly used TP, he used some kind of spell. And Tutinax didn't do nothing to Thor. Tutinax has power to induce fear on his opponents, after Tutinax tried it with Thor, he just said he doesn't fear Tutinax and that he would keep fighting Tutinax no matter what. Bedlam has the power to affect the neural brain's chemistry. Not really TP.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Vaeternus

On the topic,I see Some folks think it's about them but really not, I , but had to see what this topic was about. My stance remains. :) Also keep in mind Emma isn't nearly on par with Xavier with or without PF. Her TP is average at best. Maybe slightly above, but Mimic can mimic other's powers so he can mimic X's precisely(who also is apart of the original X-Men, not Emma Frost)

Original X-Men taken from Marvel Wiki:

Original X-Men (1963–1970)

CharacterReal NameJoined inNotes
Original X-Men (1963–1966)
Professor XProfessor Charles Francis XavierX-Men, vol. 1 #42 (1968, backup story) (in flashback)Xavier founded the X-Men and was the original headmaster of the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning.[1]

Deceased: Killed by Phoenix Force possessed Cyclops in Avengers Vs. X-Men #11.

Powers: World's most powerful telepath, capable of astral projection, mind control, illusion casting, memory manipulation, psychic blasts, and sensing the presence of nearby mutants.

CyclopsScott SummersXavier's first recruit and has often been the group's field leader. Former headmaster of the Xavier Institute, the former leader of the original X-Factor,[2] and the current leader of an offshoot X-Men team. He also formerly led the X-Men's X-Force squad.[3] He is the ex-husband of Madelyne Pryor, the widower of Jean Grey and ex-boyfriend of Emma Frost.[4]

Currently seen inUncanny X-Men.

Powers: Projects a beam of ruby-colored concussive force from his eyes, which act as interdimensional apertures between this universe and another.

IcemanRobert Louis "Bobby" DrakeX-Men, vol. 1 #46 (1968, backup story) (flashback)Second and youngest member of the original team. Former member of the Champions, theDefenders, and X-Factor. Currently a senior staff member at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

Currently seen inWolverine and the X-Men, All-New X-Men, and Amazing X-Men.

Powers: Generates freezing temperatures to create and manipulate ice. Can transform his body into ice.

Angel/ArchangelWarren Kenneth Worthington IIIX-Men, vol. 1 #56 (1969, backup story) (flashback)Third original team member and the only one to have acted as a costumed hero before joining the X-Men. Former member of the Champions, the Defenders, X-Factor, and X-Force. He was killed by Psylocke with a life seed in Uncanny X-Force, vol. 1 #18 (2011). His body was reanimated with a completely different identity. Currently a graduate student at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

Currently seen inWolverine and the X-Men and All-New X-Men.

Powers: Makes use of the large, feathered wings on his back for natural flight. Also has eagle-like vision and blood with regenerative properties. Can transform into a blue-skinned form with metallic,techno-organic wings, sharp metallic claws, and enhanced physical abilities.

BeastDr. Henry Philip "Hank" McCoyX-Men, vol. 1 #53 (1969, backup story) (flashback)Original team's other scientist. Former member of the Avengers, the Defenders, and X-Factor and currently is an agent of S.W.O.R.D. and Steve Rogers's Secret Avengers. Currently the vice principal at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

Currently seen inWolverine and the X-Men, All-New X-Men, Amazing X-Men, and New Avengers.

Powers: Has superhuman strength, speed, stamina, agility, reflexes, and durability. His feline-like form gives him night vision, minor pheromone control, enhanced senses and claws.

Marvel Girl/PhoenixJean Grey-SummersX-Men, vol. 1 #1 (1963)Fifth and final of the team's founding members, although she had met Xavier before the others. Ex-wife of Scott Summers. She was killed by Kuan-Yin Xorn in New X-Men, vol. 1 #150 (2004) and was later resurrected by the Phoenix Force in X-Men: Phoenix – Endsong (2005) as White Phoenix of the Crown.

Currently in the "White-Hot Room" with other incarnations of the Phoenix Force.

Powers: Possesses telekinesis and telepathy. As the template of the Phoenix Force, she is able to generate unlimited amounts of energy, travel through time-space, and manipulate matter on a subatomic level.

1960s recruits (1966–1969)
MimicCalvin Montgomery RankinX-Men, vol. 1 #27 (1966)Blackmailed his way to the X-Men's house. He stole their powers, used them against the team, and kidnapped Jean. When he tried to enhance his powers with his dead father's machine, he lost them. Professor X then erased his memory. Former member of Norman Osborn's X-Men. Rejoined to help his friend Weapon Omega.

Last seen inX-Men: Legacy.

Powers: Copies other mutants' powers and abilities, sometimes permanently. Retains the original five X-Men's powers indefinitely.

ChangelingKevin SydneyX-Men, vol. 1 #40 (1968)
(as Professor X)
Member of the villainous Factor Three before he secretly joined the X-Men, known only to Professor X and Jean Grey. He impersonated Professor X at Xavier's request in X-Men, vol. 1 #40 (1968) (behind the scenes). Given the name Morph in several alternate dimensions.

Deceased: Died impersonating Xavier in X-Men, vol. 1 #42 (1968), making him the first X-Man to die.

Powers:Shapeshifter able to assume other humanoid forms; a latent telepath.

PolarisLorna DaneX-Men, vol. 1 #60 (1969) as Lorna DanePolaris is Magneto's daughter. Officially recruited into the team by Professor X in "The X-Men" Vol. 1 #65. Active as Magnetrix in X-Men: The Hidden Years #3 (2000) and as Polaris in The X-Men,vol. 1 #97 (1976). She lost her powers on M-Day, but they were restored technologically byApocalypse. Occasional girlfriend of Havok. Former member of X-Factor, the Acolytes, the Muir Island X-Men, and Starjammers. She is a current member of X-Factor Investigations.

Last seen inX-Factor.

Powers: Generates magnetic fields to manipulate metal, induce flight, create force fields, and harness energy blasts.

HavokAlexander SummersX-Men, vol. 1 #65 (1970)Alex is Cyclops' and Vulcan's brother. Officially recruited into the team by Professor X in "The X-Men" Vol. 1 #95. Occasional boyfriend of Polaris and is the former leader of X-Factor andStarjammers. He currently leads the Uncanny Avengers.

Currently seen inUncanny Avengers

Powers: Generates plasma blasts and absorbs cosmic energy.

@foreverevil: @dondave: I agree, I think Mimic has at least a decent chance. I noticed the Thor enthusiasts didn't answer my Iceman question. Aside from the TP which Thor has no defense against. Dave that's a hilarious scan.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Killemall

Dr. Octopus used some kind of nano robots, not TP. Loki didn't exactly used TP, he used some kind of spell. And Tutinax didn't do nothing to Thor. Tutinax has power to induce fear on his opponents, after Tutinax tried it with Thor, he just said he doesn't fear Tutinax and that he would keep fighting Tutinax no matter what. Bedlam has the power to affect the neural brain's chemistry. Not really TP.

as always so many excuses for Thor :)

alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall said:

@alessandro_souzamarques said:

as always so many excuses for Thor :)

As always no proof. :)

Also no argument.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You never really countered anything, Tutitax's ability to inject fear and the reason he won was TP based. Bedlam was the examplor of mind and his power was clearly TP.

Its easy to make excuse to difficult to actually counter an actual evidence, would you like me to start posting scans? (I am backing my stuffs up, if you give me 2 hours)

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Killemall

And just for LOLz the Bedlam instance and what its says on panel:

No Caption Provided

As Bedlam once again enters the fray with a silent, yet TELEPATHIC ATTACK.

Yep Bedlam's ability to so not TP :p

alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall said:

@alessandro_souzamarques said:

You never really countered anything, Tutitax's ability to inject fear and the reason he won was TP based. Bedlam was the examplor of mind and his power was clearly TP.

Its easy to make excuse to difficult to actually counter an actual evidence, would you like me to start posting scans? (I am backing my stuffs up, if you give me 2 hours)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Doesn't seemed to me that Thor was afraid of Tutinax. Tutinax won because he was at the time stronger. Since Tutinax never showed that kind of power(strength) Tutinax obviously had a major boost or Thor was depowered in those issues.

If you don't even know nothing about Bedlam then there is really no point at arguing with you.

alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall said:

And just for LOLz the Bedlam instance and what its says on panel:

No Caption Provided

As Bedlam once again enters the fray with a silent, yet TELEPATHIC ATTACK.

Yep Bedlam's ability to so not TP :p

Guess what... that writer doesn't even know what he is talking about. Bedlam doesn't have any TP power he does affect the electro chemical responses of the living brain inducing pain and confusion.

EDIT: You could just do a research about the character and find out by yourself dude.