#1 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

Mimic has

PowersAdaptiveAgilityAttractive MaleBlast PowerFlightHealingIce ControlPower MimicryPsionicPsychicShape ShifterSiphon AbilitiesStaminaSuper SpeedSuper StrengthTelekinesisTelepathy

"Mimic has full power level of those he mimics and he often exhibits a finer degree of control over his ability than his targets."

Can he beat Thor?

#2 Edited by izbighulk (590 posts) - - Show Bio

Which version of Mimic is it ??? Anyway Thor wins he would just use his speed to kill him

#3 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by bgibs13390 (783 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on how powerful his abilities are. For example how strong is he? How powerful of a physic is he? How fast?

#5 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

well he has the original 5 xmens powers. fully. so all of icemans, cyclops optic blast, jeans powers and:

PowersAdaptiveAgilityAttractive MaleBlast PowerFlightHealingIce ControlPower MimicryPsionicPsychicShape ShifterSiphon AbilitiesStaminaSuper SpeedSuper StrengthTelekinesisTelepathy
#6 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know if he can mimic Thors powers?

#7 Posted by Veitha (2378 posts) - - Show Bio

Attractive Male? lol

Anyway I think that Thor wins this easily, I don't know if Mimic can mic his powers, but even if he could Thor wins due to Calvin's lack of skills with them.

#8 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Which version of Mimic is it ??? Anyway Thor wins he would just use his speed to kill him

Thor wins, but not because of his speed. He is very slow.

#9 Edited by MandoViking (347 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor would win IMO.

@inconvenient_truth: I don't think so, I think he's like rouge where he copys the X-gene. If I am wrong will someone please inform me.

#10 Edited by LordOfAllHumans (3726 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth said:

Does anyone know if he can mimic Thors powers?

If it's Exiles Mimic he should be able to, since we was able to copy Dark Phoenix.

@mandoviking said:

Thor would win IMO.

@inconvenient_truth: I don't think so, I think he's like rouge where he copys the X-gene. If I am wrong will someone please inform me.

Rogue can copy anything organic unless the source overloads her or can control the rate of absorption. She has taken power from all sorts of supes from mutants, to mutates, to gods. He can copy just about anything even skills mutant or not.

#11 Posted by dondave (27279 posts) - - Show Bio

What Speed?

Mimic still has Jean's telepathy and seeing the way Thor has been dropped by telepathy recently, he could beat him.

#12 Edited by Strman123 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave:

@calebhara: Thor is able to go at about Speed of Sound while flying on Earth and Light speed in space don't underestimate him, and yes I am a Thor fan boy there is no denying it rather embrace it.

Flying Sentry's dead body to the sun, at light speed or faster.

#13 Posted by dondave (27279 posts) - - Show Bio

@strman123: There's no doubt to how fast he can fly, he just doesn't have good combat speed

#14 Posted by Lvenger (16075 posts) - - Show Bio

@strman123: As I told you in our debate, travel speed does not equal combat speed.

#15 Posted by Perpetr8rMike (569 posts) - - Show Bio

@veitha said:

Attractive Male? lol

Anyway I think that Thor wins this easily, I don't know if Mimic can mic his powers, but even if he could Thor wins due to Calvin's lack of skills with them.

Actually Calvin gains an amazing amount of control over those he mimics. He also has YEARS of experience with his base five mimics.

He has Jean's telekinesis (Showing he could manipulation the area around him if he needed too)
He has Xavier's telepathy (Need I say more)
He has Beast's strength (Not on Thor's level but no slouch)
He has Scott's Optic Blasts (We saw what those can do in AvX)
He has Angel's wins (He can fly... ok only as fast as a bird)
He has Iceman's cyrokinesis (He can freeze objects, project ice blasts, etc)

People always forget the telepathy is not Jean's but Xavier's this was even a storyline point in one arc where they where looking for Xavier and instead found Calvin due to his telepathy being the same as Xaviers.

#16 Edited by Strman123 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: @lvenger: I thought you where talking about speed as a whole but either way he still has that.

#17 Edited by Lvenger (16075 posts) - - Show Bio

@strman123: First one is just an Area of Effect attack. Note that Thor doesn't tag Quicksilver directly, he just uses a shockwave to hit him. And the second one is a one time showing that isn't backed up compared to Thor's more common showings of possessing slow combat speed and reaction times.

#18 Posted by izbighulk (590 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor just destroyes the area surrounding Mimic or goes flying right into Mimic at sonic speeds and makes a little crater.

#19 Posted by Veitha (2378 posts) - - Show Bio

@veitha said:

Attractive Male? lol

Actually Calvin gains an amazing amount of control over those he mimics. He also has YEARS of experience with his base five mimics.

He has Jean's telekinesis (Showing he could manipulation the area around him if he needed too)

People always forget the telepathy is not Jean's but Xavier's this was even a storyline point in one arc where they where looking for Xavier and instead found Calvin due to his telepathy being the same as Xaviers.

Telepathy doesn't work on Thor, he's immune(Emma Frost with Phoenix Force couldn't enter his mind, and she was stronger than Xavier, at least with the Phoenix). Scott's blasts didn't do anything impressive in AvX without the Phoenix, did they? Thor can absorb most of their energy. Cryokinesis and Telekinesis(considering that they are at their original level, arent' they?) won't do much damage to Thor.

This is 616 Mimic if I'm not wrong, so he's also got some mental disturbs, I don't think that he will be able to learn how to use Thor's powers. Anyway, I don't think that he will be able to mimic him, because Thor's powers are magical, and I have never seen Calvin mimicking magic powers.

#20 Posted by Perpetr8rMike (569 posts) - - Show Bio

@veitha said:

@perpetr8rmike said:

@veitha said:

Attractive Male? lol

Telepathy doesn't work on Thor, he's immune(Emma Frost with Phoenix Force couldn't enter his mind, and she was stronger than Xavier, at least with the Phoenix). Scott's blasts didn't do anything impressive in AvX without the Phoenix, did they? Thor can absorb most of their energy. Cryokinesis and Telekinesis(considering that they are at their original level, arent' they?) won't do much damage to Thor.

This is 616 Mimic if I'm not wrong, so he's also got some mental disturbs, I don't think that he will be able to learn how to use Thor's powers. Anyway, I don't think that he will be able to mimic him, because Thor's powers are magical, and I have never seen Calvin mimicking magic powers.

I admit I do not know if he can mimic magic, he has mimicked the Hulks powers.
Other powers he has copied include Hulk, Banshee, Marrow, Gambit, Rogue, Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, Feron, Meggan, Kylun, Micromax, Marvel Girl ( Rachel Summers), Wolfsbane, Pete Wisdom, Psylocke, Risque, Siryn, Warpath, Sunspot, Cable, Caliban, Domino, Boom-Boom, Rictor, Cannonball, Shatterstar, Post, Blob, Mystique, Toad, members of the Crazy Gang, and numerous others.

Mimic has full power level of those he mimics and he often exhibits a finer degree of control over his ability than his targets. For example, he is able to turn off certain powers such as Cyclops' optic blasts. This, however, could be more related to the psychological block that prohibits Cyclops from fully utilizing his powers rather than Mimic's level of control, but may also have to do with the level of control and understanding he has over his own powers. It is unknown exactly how many powers or abilities Mimic can manifest, or for what duration he can hold them, as such limitations have not yet been exhibited or stated explicitly.

That is taken from his page on Comicvine. I am not saying he would win I am saying he would not be defenseless. It is possible he can mimic Thor's natural abilities (His strength, lightning, etc) but not Mjolnir's or the strength granted to him by the Belt of Strength.

#21 Posted by dondave (27279 posts) - - Show Bio

@strman123: The scan doesn't show Thor speed, he just fought smart because he knew Quicksilver was faster than him. All he did was take away Quicksilver by not giving him anywhere to run. It's like If Superman was fighting Aquaman in water and couldn't catch him, he instead boiled all of the Water with his heat vision. Superman didn't catch Aquaman just took away his advantage, just like Thor did in that scan.

As for the Microsecond feat that was probably nearly 30-40 years ago and no such feat has been replicated since that even comes close to that

#22 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

telepathy doesnt work on thor?????

#23 Posted by MandoViking (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofallhumans: Thanks.

I still think that Thor wins, he could just zap Mimic out of the sky.

#24 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

and mimic cant do the same to thor????????

#25 Posted by dum529001 (1579 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger:

It's not "more common". That just not true.

People who it's "more common for Thor to be slow" say that becasue they want to discount Thor's high shwings.

People who say Thor is slow just want him to be slow so he can look inferior compared to other characters that they favor more than him.

Thor is not slow.

Thor has high showings and low showing just like any other character.

#26 Posted by Lvenger (16075 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger:

It's not "more common". That just not true.

People who it's "more common for Thor to be slow" say that becasue they want to discount Thor's high shwings.

People who say Thor is slow just want him to be slow so he can look inferior compared to other characters that they favor more than him.

Thor is not slow.

Thor has high showings and low showing just like any other character.

(Sigh) It seems you need some enlightening on Thor's speed. See Thor's travel speed is quite high but when it comes to combat speed and reaction times, he has very low showings. And this is coming from someone whose 5th favourite superhero is Thor. So that part about people saying Thor is slow because they favor other characters is wrong. Here are 6 of the most obvious ones. And here's a link to a thread that'll show you why Thor's combat and reaction speed are at the level I'm advocating: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/thor-runs-the-combat-speed-gautlet-691255/

@Lvenger said:

@Killemall: That post is better than I could ever hope to put it in. Many thanks buddy! I probably don't even have to post Buckshot's killer argument on Thor's reaction speed.

I havent read Buckshot's argument on Thor's combat speed.

Also you listed 5, there are 6 instances that clearly show Thor's lack of speed,

Furthermore, the reason i believe Thor is slow are based on these showings

1. Blitz by Mongoose (The Mighty Thor 391), who cant even tag spiderman

.2. Blitz by Mongoose again (The Mighty Thor 408)

3. Captain America commenting on Thor's Lack of speed (while the person on the scan is Erik Masterson, read Captain America's comment on the right, second last panel) - Thor 447

4. Blitz by Spiderman (this is Erik Masterson) - The Mighty Thor 448

5. Fight with Wolverine - Thor himself admits Wolverine is faster than him, fourth scan last panel, fifth scan first panel.

6. Chulain (a footsoldier and right hand man of Mikaboshi) comments on how slow Thor is before he KOs him with one bast (Thor Blood Oath 05) - read second scan, second last and last panel.

Most importantly Chulain, isnt a street level :)

#27 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

wow, he is slowww.

#28 Edited by dum529001 (1579 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger:

Thor's speed

Thor's speed Part 1:

While character talk can be cheap, Thor's speed has always been astonishing to his opponents. The original Black Knight shoots bolas from his lance that are literally surrounding Thor, but because of his speed, Thor knocks the lance away and evades capture. Black Knight exclaims, "I've never seen such speed... such power!!" From Avengers #6:

Here, Hela only has to touch Thor in order to ensnare his soul in 1v1 combat, but is unable to do so because of his speed, "His speed, his anger, are beyond comprehension!" From Thor#354:

Here, while fending off two Herald-level foes, Adam Warlock likens his ability to catch his staff mid-swing and his combat speed to that of lightning, "He moves like the lightning he commands, much quicker than I remember." From Infinity Watch#23:

But he has more than just subjectations (no matter how reliable the speaker). What everyone really cares about are the more objective and reliable speed feats. One reliable type of speed feat is where the character moves so fast that they become a blur of motion or move too fast to be seen. Here, Thor fights Heimdall and swings his hammer down on him at speeds "moving too swiftly for the eye to follow," even too fast for Heimdall in Journey Into Mystery #125:

Likewise here, Thor digs a trench in a blur of motion that is "almost too fast for the human eye to follow." From Marvel Team-Up#26:

And here, while helping rebuild Asgard, Thor hammers down repeatedly on a pillar and "becomes a blur of motion" in Thor#267:

Thor's combat reflex speed feats are impressive in their own right. Here, Thor reacts to a knife being swung down only inches from his face with a mighty heave in Thor #218:

Thor reacts and swats away arrows that are only a few feet away from hitting him from behind inThor vol. 2 #27:

Here, Thor is about to have his face smashed by a cursed Mjolnir which is zooming back to him, but he moves swiftly enough on reaction to dodge it in Thor vol. 2 #27:

Thor reacts to Wrecker swinging his mystic crowbar onto Thor's head from behind. Literally only inches away, Thor moves so swiftly once again, he snatches the crowbar with his hand in Thor vol. 2 #29:

And it looks like current Thor hasn't lost that bare-handed touch as he catches Bor's axe inches from his face in Thor #600:

He's also fended off an ambush by Wolverine who was right on top of him in Wolverine vs Thor #2:

Another common way to measure those is to see how well Thor does against speedsters. Here, Thor builds a trench around crazed citizens and Avengers, including a zooming Quicksilver in Avengers #98:

Here, Thor punks the Newman speedster, Juvan, who was created by the High Evolutionary, using nothing but his bare hands in Thor #447:

Here, Thor catches another High Evolutionary creation who possesses superspeed, the godling, Zefra in Thor #475:

And Thor has punked the superspeedster, Hermes, the literal Greek God of Speed, not just once, but twice in Avengers #281 and Thor vol. 2 #27:

But even superspeedsters can job and it's difficult to quantify exactly how fast they are going in each instance. But Thor does have directly measurable superspeed feats. Here, he literally snatches a fired tank shell out of mid-air with his bare hand in Journey Into Mystery#93:

And similarly snatches a fired missile with his bare hand in Marvel Team-Up #148:

Here, we see Thor flying outside a window and when Jane Foster gets his attention, Thor manages to intercept Cobra's poison dart within a split-second. The dart is fired before he even is inside the room, just to give you the proper frame of reference to understand the speed and reflexes necessary in Journey Into Mystery #98:

Here, in the space of one and one-fifth seconds, Thor dives out of the sky, smashes Mjolnir down and causes a shockwave to divert a runaway truck from killing a young boy ACROSS the city in Journey Into Mystery #108:

Here, Thor's able to swat away a torrent of flying bricks t to be half a building, not allowing any of them to pass through in the space of milliseconds . To give you a reference as to how fast he's swinging his arms back and forth, check out panels three and four. Notice how far a speedblitzing Gladiator advances between Thor's swings! From Thor vol. 2 #34:

Here, in the space of micro-seconds before a zooming cursed Mjolnir will strike Thor from behind, Thor lays a haymaker onto an Enchanter and spins around in time to snatch Mjolnir in mid-air, from Thor #144:

Now we all know Thor has stopped bullets and energy beams by spinning Mjolnir around. And it's been argued that he has to do that because he's not fast enough to block them traditionally with Mjolnir or bat them away. After all, he'd require faster than bullet ("FTB") and faster than light ("FTL") combat speed reflexes to do so. However, these next scans should dispel ANY doubt whether he does possess FTB or FTL combat speed reflexes since he deflects bullets and energy blasts by moving or swinging. Mjolnir once rather than by spinning Mjolnir.Here, with FTB speed, he deflects two bullets with a single swing way back in Journey Into Mystery #100:

Here, he blocks a single bullet with the head of Mjolnir before whirling it to fast enough to shield him and his female companion from a barrage in Thor #246:

As for FTL reactions that can be measured in nanoseconds(light travels one foot per nanosecond), he's swung and swatted away Blastaar's energy blasts in Thor #270:

Far from a one-off FTL feat, he does the same to Mole Man's energy blaster shot in Marvel Two-In-One #96:

Here, Enchantress shoots a blast at Captain America and Thor reacts with FTL speed to cut off the energy blast in mid-flight, from Marvel Comics Presents #44:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...eed17bMCP44.jpg

Phoenix shoots a telepathic blast at a groggy Thor at the moment Thor's arms are at his side. AFTER the shot is fired and already traveling at him, Thor raises his arms and reflects it back with Mjolnir. Telepathy being instantaneous traditionally (as noted in the narration), we can assume for the sake of argument that it was only traveling at light-speed, making this another FTL feat, from Excalibur #428:

In terms of flight speed, he's flown at least three times the speed of light, from Thor #185:

He bats away a possessed Iron Man's repulsor rays in Avengers vol. 3 #3:

And again bats away ray blasts in a training session in Avengers vol. 3 #23:

Punking Quicksilver again In Mighty avengers vol #34:

Here, When Thor swings Mjolnir fast enough, faster than the speed of sound, he can cause whirlwinds of greater than hurricane force in Journey Into Mystery #84:

In terms of power, he's used those whirlwinds to blow away famous buildings like the Taj Mahal and the Eiffel Tower inJourney Into Mystery #94:

And easily snuff out the full-power flames of the original Human Torch, from Invaders #33:

Same with the Human Torch of the Fantastic Four, Johnny Storm, from Marvel Two-In-One #9:

It's even affected immensely powerful foes like Surtur, the Fire Giant, from Thor #177:

They even work against other thunder gods, like Leir of the Celtic Gods, from Thor #386:

he can also simply use Mjolnir to create freezing whirlwinds, which are cold enough to harden molten metal in seconds, fromAvengers #283:

Or the whirlwinds can be used to protect people from the intense freezing winds of the Casket of Winters, from Thor #349:

Masterson Thor has used Mjolnir's whirlwinds to create vortexes and redirect a gamma bomb's radiation into outer space in Infinity War #3:

Here, Thor creates whirlwind vortexes using Mjolnir to contain and redirect an explosion, from Avengers#397:

He does the same to save everyone from the biological weapon the Skrulls made Wasp into inSecret Invasion #8:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...4-VortexSI8.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...rMjolnir205.jpg

By whirling Mjolnir around fast enough, Thor can shield himself from attacks like lasers, from Thor#218:

As long as it keeps whirling, it can even perpetually block a constant barrage of laser vision from Count Nefaria, from Avengers #166:

Mjolnir's also repelled a blast from Odin's spear, Gungnir, in Thor #291:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...01-Field291.jpg

He could also make swirling force-fields powerful enough that even the Savage Hulk couldn't get past in Journey Into Mystery #112:

He uses it again in a fight with Absorbing man in Journey Into Mystery #114-15:

These swirling force-fields can even prevent energies from penetrating it, from Thor #186:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...rcefield186.jpg

The swirling force-fields can even negate all magic within it, including Juggernaut's invincibility, fromThor #429:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...Negation429.jpg

How strong can these swirling force-fields be? Strong enough to contain a Life Bomb that would have destroyed one-fifth of the universe, from Avengers Annual #16:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...dAvengersAn.jpg

Thor's speed part 2:

In reference to the scans you have shown of Thor being slow:

Don't act like any other can character has never missed the mark or been tagged by characters who are slower than them. It happens to everyone more often then people want to admit. Thor is not a special case.

With things like this, It does'nt make a character slow. if writers allowed characters to act acccording to their abilities 100 percent of the time there wouldn't be as many long and interesting stories to read.

Saying a character is slow, such as Thor, because other characters like Wolverine and Spider-man radiate jobber aura, is not a valid arguement. Wolverine and Spider-man gets hits on everyone. Half the people that Superman, the Flash, and any other of the super-fast characters fight are beneath them yet we see that they fail to strike them down and gets tagged by them.

Jobber: Someone who makes someone else look good.

Jobber aura: Jobber aura is emitted by a character who is often the center of the plot or protected by the plot, allowing them to seem more powerful than they ordinarily are, and easily contend with and/or defeat much more powerful foes.

One oft-cited example is the Animated Teen Titans Robin, with feats such as defeating Cinderblock (a huge stone supervillain) with a quick series of blows when the entire team had previously been struggling against him. Of course, this "jobber aura" is only invoked against certain disliked characters. Board favorites are never considered to have a jobber aura.

Examples of severe cases of jobbing:

1) Wolverine owning Thor in a melee fight

2) Spiderman defeating Firelord

3) Captain America knocking out Hulk

4) Black Panther getting Silver Surfer into an armbar and overpowering him.

You can't rightly argue a victory for one character over another based enirely on low showings, PIS(Plot Induced Stupididity), and jobber aura. All of which happens to everyone.

Because everyone has these things happen to them, we don't base character power-levels off of them.

And we try to average a characters' showings becasue a characrater most high end feats are uasually done due to certain circumstances that don't happen all time.

I already gave you the feats Hulk has done when he wasn't under PIS or jobber aura. Ignoring Thor's his good showing is and only acknoolweding his low showings and PIS moments is not how you have a fair and balanced debate.

And as I mentioned earlier, Superman and Superman-level people gets jobbed by less powerful characters all time.

If we go by only the low showings of DC powerhouses, Then we can assume that theit power-level is not any better than the average street-level type characters. The same goes for any comic book character, really.

Street level people have evaded superman-level characters blows, got hits on them, and even beat them up.

Cosmic enitites have jobbed to street levelers. Are you saying they are weak as well? Let's not have a double standard.

If we go by what we see for EVERY comic characters low showings, then we could say none of them are even superpowered.

In Conclusion, as I said before:

It's not "more common" for Thor to shown as slow. That just not true.

People who say "it's more common for Thor to be slow" say that because they want to discount Thor's high shwings.

Thor is not slow.

Thor has high showings and low showings just like any other character.

#29 Posted by Lvenger (16075 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001: Jeez this is going to be a long response

• Seriously? Thor racing to knock over some peanuts is the best you can offer first? Jeez what a pathetic attempt for evidence.
  • Black Knight feat is nothing a street leveller couldn't manage. Poor showing there.
  • As for the Hela and Warlock feats, your assertion that Thor being described as fast by Adam Warlock and Hela is important because oh-my-god-you-guys-they're-so-old-and-wise is silly. Warlock and Hela do not have any speed to speak of. In contrast, you have someone like Jay Garrick, one of the fastest men alive, someone whose entire life and powerset revolve around being fast, calling Superman his equal (and on one occasion, his superior) in terms of speed. Honestly, which claim do you think is more credible? This is a comparison btw of your feats.
  • Street levellers have moved faster than the eye can follow. Thor's own showing is nothing special.
  • Big whoop. It's not a combat feat so I hardly see the relevance
  • Oh my he reacted to a knife strike! Something that every bloody street leveler has done with the absolute greatest of ease! How utterly weak an argument to make.
  • He swats away arrows! Oh my how absolutely not special! Hulk has better feats catching arrows than Thor does. Yeesh you're losing the plot already.
  • Again a street level showing. Nothing special. Mjolnir wasn't going that fast anyway.
  • Again catching a crowbar is nothing that street levellers haven't done. Try again.
  • Ooh catching an axe from a guy jumping straight at him! Weak again. Doesn't prove a damn thing
  • You missed the rest of the scans of Wolverine blitzing Thor and Thor admitting Wolverine was faster than him thus resorting to an Area of Effect attack to tag him. Your lack of context undoes your pathetic argument there.
  • Seriously? All you're showing is the speedsters running at Thor and him catching or throwing them. Tell me how is this any showing of speed whatsoever on Thor's part? That's because it isn't
  • Any idea to how fast Hermes was going, frankly there is no mention of speed and he certainly doesnt look like he is going very fast. Also how fast exactly is Hermes?
  • The micro second showings can be easily dismissed as inconsistent in the larger picture of how fast Thor is in an average showing, sure. It's a perfectly reasonable thing to do if he only whips out his speed once every 50 showings. So in terms of consistency, your micro second feats mean diddly squat.
  • Twirling the hammer at superspeed is not any sort of indication of speed on Thor's part. It's just how fast he can spin a hammer.
  • Nowhere in those scans does it show nanosecond or FTL reactions. Your laughable made up assertions are exposed here.
  • Combat speed is different to travel speed. Get that into your head if you can.
  • All you've shown is Thor tagging Quicksilver with an Area of Effect attack. Not a direct hit. Lol that's a big old fail there.
  • Oh so Thor can spin the hammer to make whirlwinds? What blooming difference does that make? That is no showing of his speed and it's absurd you bring Thor's whirlwinds into his combat speed. Absolutely absurd.
  • Finally the only reason Thor jobs in your eyes is because the consistency of his writing feats depicting him with low speed. If you'd actually read the links I gave you rather than spouting this nonsense, you'd see why Thor's combat speed is so low. It's not jobbing, it's consistency. Thor does not have good combat speed showings. So it seems I've debunked your flawed perception about the myth of Thor's combat speed all in one post

#30 Edited by henrik (560 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor .

He smashes him , after all , he is the Thundergod . He can almost beat every one , and if he can use Odinforce , he is even stronger . (I know he cant use it here , but anyway , )

#31 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor smashes Mimic, even though Mimic would have the same powers as Thor....makes sense// sigh

#32 Posted by xxxddd (3428 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor uses his classic hammer's powers and destroys Mimic.

#33 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: OR Mimic mind rapes thor before he throws the hammer. Oh wait, thor is invulnerable to mind rape and mimic cant mimic thors powers right?

#34 Edited by themadsurfer (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Do you think in the same way about BRB? I think you are exaggerating a little bit, Thor holds back a lot against characters like those, he has at least 4 millisecond feats and 1 microsecond feat. Silver Surfer has already been tagged by spiderman, Hulk and Thing while he was holding back and he has 2 nanosecond feats. Wolverine does have an jobber "aura" like when he can cut through Gladiator.

#35 Posted by HellionVulcan (3474 posts) - - Show Bio

How good is Mimic telepathy ? plus if he can do what Iceman did to Thor he can win that way .

#36 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

so this is a guy with powers of the first xmen AND now thors powers?

#37 Posted by AsgardianXeno929 (796 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn't have mjolnir so it doesn't matter.

#38 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

are you saying that thor aint isht without mjolnir??

#39 Edited by Lvenger (16075 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Do you think in the same way about BRB? I think you are exaggerating a little bit, Thor holds back a lot against characters like those, he has at least 4 millisecond feats and 1 microsecond feat. Silver Surfer has already been tagged by spiderman, Hulk and Thing while he was holding back and he has 2 nanosecond feats. Wolverine does have an jobber "aura" like when he can cut through Gladiator.

The 1 microsecond feat is a classic feat which can be discounted as an old one in contrast to more recent feats. And I've never heard of any millisecond feats for Thor. As for BRB, they have different physiologies so BRB's 'speed feats' can't be translated to Thor. Surfer's holding back comes down to the writer BTW, not a lack of speed feats.

#40 Posted by themadsurfer (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Thor holding back comes down to the witter to especially when he can catch tank shell's with his hands thrice already. BRB has everything Thor has when it comes to physical attributes such as strength, durability and speed their difference is intelligence, how to manipulate Mjolnir and combat skills. Everything BRB can tank, dodge, lift Thor also can no matter what you say, this is something everybody should know already. BRB has made a millisecond look like hours and Thor destroyed a building in a space of a millisecond before Gladiator in blitzing mode could reach him.

#41 Posted by Lvenger (16075 posts) - - Show Bio

@themadsurfer: I can show you a feat of a martial artist master called the Sensei redirecting a tank shell. Not to mention Hulk regularly outperforms Thor in combat speed and reactions. So because Thor can do something, BRB can do it too? We're going by that faulty logic now that has no basis whatsoever? Show me these feats of BRB reacting in a millisecond and this Thor one because it sounds like they're prime cases that can be debunked with the right context behind it.

#42 Posted by dondave (27279 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Thor holding back comes down to the witter to especially when he can catch tank shell's with his hands thrice already. BRB has everything Thor has when it comes to physical attributes such as strength, durability and speed their difference is intelligence, how to manipulate Mjolnir and combat skills. Everything BRB can tank, dodge, lift Thor also can no matter what you say, this is something everybody should know already. BRB has made a millisecond look like hours and Thor destroyed a building in a space of a millisecond before Gladiator in blitzing mode could reach him.

Do you perhaps have scans?

#43 Posted by AsgardianXeno929 (796 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil: how did you get that assumption? I'm saying mimic w/ Thor powers and no mjolnir vs Thor w/ mjolnir means thor wins because of mjolnir. If they're equal and one has a sky father weapon then the armed one wins...

#44 Edited by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil: how did you get that assumption? I'm saying mimic w/ Thor powers and no mjolnir vs Thor w/ mjolnir means thor wins because of mjolnir. If they're equal and one has a sky father weapon then the armed one wins...

but its not mimic w/ thors powers and no mjolnir vs thor w/ mjolnir. its mimic with the powers of the original xmen AND thors powers vs thor. just saying

#45 Edited by AsgardianXeno929 (796 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil: I know but angel's powers and beast's are pretty useless, cyclops' blasts could be absorbed, amplified, and redirected, iceman's powers could be a problem since he doesn't have iceman's blocks, and jean's might not be strong enough since she was never as strong telepathically as Xavier, two instances show thor resisting Phoenix tp ( one redirecting actually and the other resisting Phoenix Emma). But mjolnir makes it very much so Thor's match.

#46 Posted by themadsurfer (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: I will post scans when I have time write now I'm in week tests, but you can just google images Gladiator vs Tho "reaction blablabla" and millisecond reaction for BRB.

#47 Posted by themadsurfer (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: No BRB can dodge, lift and run just like Thor, they don't fight and think in the same way, they have exactly the same bio just like spiderman would have if he could lift Mjolnir or stormbreaker. Saying Hulk is faster then Thor is just very incorrect. Fighting out of character means they are fighting at their best witch is Thor reacting to gladiator blitz and microsecond reaction. SHOW ME A SCAN OF THOR PISSED/BLOODLUSTED BEING BLITZ BY STREET LEVEL GUYS PLEASE.

#48 Edited by Lvenger (16075 posts) - - Show Bio

@themadsurfer: Not in travel speed perhaps but in combat speed and reactions, that's a very different matter. Hulk has actually tagged Spider-Man several times whereas Eric Masterson with the power of Thor failed to tag Spider-Man once. I can show you plenty of scans of Thor being blitzed by street levellers if you want but that's not the point at issue here. You have to prove BRB can react at millisecond speeds and by extension Thor as well. It's a two way street and caps locking/bolding what you want isn't going to get you anywhere.

#49 Edited by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@themadsurfer: Not in travel speed perhaps but in combat speed and reactions, that's a very different matter.

Don't forget - if he's using Mjolnir it doesn't count as combat speed because flying or deflecting attacks with it.

Hulk has actually tagged Spider-Man several times whereas Eric Masterson with the power of Thor failed to tag Spider-Man once. I can show you plenty of scans of Thor being blitzed by street levellers if you want but that's not the point at issue here. You have to prove BRB can react at millisecond speeds and by extension Thor as well. It's a two way street and caps locking/bolding what you want isn't going to get you anywhere.

Eric Masterson with the power of Thor had issues tagging Thor.

It's almost like Eric Masterson is inferior to Thor in every way that counts - despite having his power. Up there Eric is thinking Thor's probably even stronger too and given how Eric just to fight Thor needed Mjolnir in his hand to avoid getting owned this kinda hammers that point home.

@lvenger said:

@killemall said:

1. Blitz by Mongoose (The Mighty Thor 391), who cant even tag spiderman

.2. Blitz by Mongoose again (The Mighty Thor 408)

3. Captain America commenting on Thor's Lack of speed (while the person on the scan is Erik Masterson, read Captain America's comment on the right, second last panel) - Thor 447

4. Blitz by Spiderman (this is Erik Masterson) - The Mighty Thor 448

5. Fight with Wolverine - Thor himself admits Wolverine is faster than him, fourth scan last panel, fifth scan first panel.

6. Chulain (a footsoldier and right hand man of Mikaboshi) comments on how slow Thor is before he KOs him with one bast (Thor Blood Oath 05) - read second scan, second last and last panel.

Most importantly Chulain, isnt a street level :)

I like poking fun at this argument again - even if it's 7 months old and despite having already commented on it.

• 1. Mongoose Blitzes Thor so well that the moment he mentions Thor will pass out from exhaustion Thor twirls him off and proceeds to have Mongoose doing his best to just dodge Mjolnir.
  • 2. Thor has been gassed by Mongoose's gas pellets. Despite not needing to breath. And this significantly impact's Thor's ability to fight, which apparently Mongoose needs to do in order to even fight Thor.
  • 3. Thor off panel according to Captain America had issues with a training exercise. I heard the Sentry beat Galactus once upon a time.
  • 4. Eric Masterson is being speed-blitzed by Spiderman... Why is that here? Eric Masterson is too slow to even hit Thor...
  • 5. And Thor proceeds to one-shot hit him in Uncanny Avengers.
  • 6. Glad to see someone below street-level completely own the Warriors Three and Thor. There's a lot wrong here, but hey Thor was KOed by a ship's mass falling on him once upon a time too.
@dondave said:

@themadsurfer said:

Do you perhaps have scans?

The Tank-Shell is one he's done twice (his appearance and subsequent re-telling of that origin / retcons with First Thunder). If it's the fight where he's fighting a future version of Gladiator he KO's after he stops holding back - it isn't quite as impressive as themadsurfer makes it sound.

Always pleasure, Hellos

#50 Posted by Lvenger (16075 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke:

1. It doesn't change the fact that in terms of his OWN reactions, Thor couldn't lay a finger on Moongoose who in turn was having trouble tagging Spider-Man in that same fight. Evidently, dodging Mjolnir is much more difficult than hitting Thor because Thor has few legit reaction and combat speed feats to speak of and your point doesn't address Thor's own insufficiency in this regard.
  2. He can still see Moongoose coming and yet again he can't do anything about it to stop Moongoose blitzing him again.
  3. There is a difference in those two feats. One is an unsubstantiated claim from Spider-Man based on hearsay that Sentry stalemated Galactus. The other comes from Thor's teammate who will have trained with him many times off panel and had a chance to see what Thor's powers are like. Plus Eric has the exact same powers as Thor as he beat Gladiator and other high tier foes whilst he was Thor. That along with Thor's other lackluster speed feats supports my case.
  4. He had the same powers as Thor and had beaten Gladiator with his power. That shows he had Thor's slow reaction speed as well.
  5. The question here is not that Thor can beat Wolverine, of course he can. The point of contention is that Wolverine is FASTER than Thor in combat. I debunked your assertion of that feat in another thread by pointing out Thor had the element of surprise and was using his hammer to fly and KO him. He wasn't trying to tag him without the hammer's assistance here and this conclusively shows Thor doesn't have good combat speed in comparison to other street levellers.
  6. Well a featless minion giving Thor trouble in speed doesn't say much for his own speed.

Finally, all he's doing is jumping around and dodging Eric's hits. How is that a good speed feat dodging someone who can't tag Spider-Man or who a peak human super soldier comments on his slow speed and reactions?