• Random encounter
  • Win by KO/Death/Incapacitation
  • Standard gear

• Begin visible
  • Start 20 feet apart
  • Fight takes place here:

Who wins and why?

#2 Edited by Wyldsong (6572 posts) - - Show Bio

This could get ugly...I'll wait to see some arguments before making a choice here.

#3 Posted by dondave (39976 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd take Miles over Wolverine due to higher stats that can keep him from getting stabbed by Wolverine and maybe winning via Web-Spamming or a Venom Strike

#4 Edited by Pokergeist (23180 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

I'd take Miles over Wolverine due to higher stats that can keep him from getting stabbed by Wolverine and maybe winning via Web-Spamming or a Venom Strike

Co Sign.

Edited. I see Morals are one. Miles might lose if he holds back, he has a bad tendency to lightly use his Venom Sting and on someone of Wolverine Durability that could be bad. However on the same note, Wolverine has bad showing vs Venom sting like attacks.

I think Miles can do the same with less of a touch.

#5 Edited by Wolverine08 (48264 posts) - - Show Bio

If Wolverine can hold his own against Scarlet Spider (who is stronger, faster, more durable, more savage like, and more experienced than Miles), he should be able to take out a newbie like Miles.

#6 Edited by jashro44 (29910 posts) - - Show Bio

If Wolverine can hold his own against Scarlet Spider (who is stronger, faster, more durable, more experienced than Miles), he should be able to take out a newbie like Miles.

He didn't really hold his own in that fight.

#7 Edited by Pokergeist (23180 posts) - - Show Bio
@jashro44 said:

@wolverine08 said:

If Wolverine can hold his own against Scarlet Spider (who is stronger, faster, more durable, more experienced than Miles), he should be able to take out a newbie like Miles.

He didn't really hold his own in that fight.

Kaine also does not have a one touch Venom sting either. One touch on his Admantium Claws, Foot, or that goofy mask of his, is a possible win for Miles. Also Miles has Web Shooters and Stealth which he uses as well. Web Incap anyone?

#8 Posted by frogdog (4052 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Co Sign.

Edited. I see Morals are one. Miles might lose if he holds back, he has a bad tendency to lightly use his Venom Sting and on someone of Wolverine Durability that could be bad. However on the same note, Wolverine has bad showing vs Venom sting like attacks.

Jessica's Venom blast =/= Miles Venom sting

#9 Posted by Wolverine08 (48264 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

Considering that Wolverine almost disemboweled Kaine, managed to cut his face with claws even though Kaine is faster than him, and punched and stomped on Kaine's head so hard he almost knocked him out, I'd say Wolverine held his own.

#10 Posted by jackbensley777 (776 posts) - - Show Bio

If Wolverine can hold his own against Scarlet Spider (who is stronger, faster, more durable, more savage like, and more experienced than Miles), he should be able to take out a newbie like Miles.

WOLVERINE!!!!

#11 Posted by jashro44 (29910 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: On the subject of stealth I don't think that will be effective on wolverine. Wolverine has fought blind before.

I think this could go either way personally.

@jashro44:

Considering that Wolverine almost disemboweled Kaine, managed to cut his face with claws even though Kaine is faster than him, and punched and stomped on Kaine's head so hard he almost knocked him out, I'd say Wolverine held his own.

You are right about him nearly disemboweling Kaine. Thats a fair point. But the part about him punching and stomping on him was when storm pinned him to the wall.

#12 Posted by Pokergeist (23180 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

@cadencev2 said:

@dondave said:

Co Sign.

Jessica's Venom blast =/= Miles Venom sting

Jessicas is far weaker in feats. Fact.

Miles > Jessicas.

Jessicas Blasts are weaker and everyone is fine after she fights hard, even Marvel Boy and Venom is fine!

Carnage Venom gets crushed. This is Venom after merging with Carnage. One Sting!

So Miles Venom Sting > Jessica's Venom Blast.

So meh!

#13 Edited by TheTrollDance (245 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Have you even read that book? Kaine was pinned to the wall by Storm and Wolverine was backed by a handful of X-Men. Also, did it look like Kaine was trying to fight against Logan at that point? I don't think so. Also, in the book that came before it, Kaine managed to pretty much kill Logan.

Oh, and wasn't it revealed later on that it was all a part of Kaine's plan?

#14 Edited by Strider92 (18031 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

Jessicas is far weaker in feats. Fact.

So Miles Venom Sting > Jessica's Venom Blast.

Not true. Jessica has stunned Ms. Marvel someone who has more durability feats than anyone Miles has hurt yet:

She also had a Hecules villain Typhon (100tonner in strength and duraiblity) screaming in pain:

Heck her power was strong enough to break Dr. Doom's containment field:

These are all feats against far more durable opponents than Miles has faced.

@cadencev2 said:

Carnage Venom gets crushed. This is Venom after merging with Carnage. One Sting!

Ult Venom's weakness is electricity like 616's one is to sonics. Its not surprising it hurt Venom. However in the scan you showed venom was taken unawares. He didn't know Miles could do that and even thought his father and not Miles was Spider-man. In the very next issue it took Miles hitting Venom with everything he had 4 times in order to put him down:

#15 Posted by Wolverine08 (48264 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetrolldance:

Both Kaine and Wolverine were faking the fight as it was a part of their plan. If you saw the flashback to future Jean Grey telepathically telling Wolverine that Kaine wanted him to play along. Both of them weren't giving their all. Plus, the only reason Kaine stabbed Wolverine in the chest like that was because he became possessed by The Other.

#16 Posted by jashro44 (29910 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Have you even read that book? Kaine was forced against the wall by Storm and Wolverine was backed by a handful of X-Men. Also, did it look like Kaine was trying to fight against Logan at that point? I don't think so. Also, in the book that came before it, Kaine managed to pretty much kill Logan.

Oh, and wasn't it revealed later on that it was all a part of Kaine's plan?

"Hummingbird" told young Jean to tell wolverine there was a mercenary watching outside and "to play along". Recently was discussed in the Miles vs Kaine thread and general consensus seems to be that wolverine was fighting to win but not kill.

To be fair to wolverine there were some good moments in that fight like wolverine cutting the webbing out of the air, and kaine nearly breaking his hand. Granted Kaine did win.

#17 Posted by Pokergeist (23180 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: Oh my friend.... oh my friend..... We are so having a CaV on the rise :)

Not true. Jessica has stunned Ms. Marvel someone who has more durability feats than anyone Miles has hurt yet:

Impressive, I seen Marvel woman KO from Charged up Venom Blast before as well too in New avengers. Charged Up.

She also had a Hecules villain Typhon (100tonner in strength and duraiblity) screaming in pain:

Yelling in Pain =\= KO

Heck her power was strong enough to break Dr. Doom's containment field:

These are all feats against far more durable opponents than Miles has faced.

No, that was Skrull Queen and her power was superior to jessica as well.

Skrull Queen was given all spider womans Powers but Better!

Ult Venom's weakness is electricity like 616's one is to sonics. Its not surprising it hurt Venom. However in the scan you showed venom was taken unawares. He didn't know Miles could do that and even thought his father and not Miles was Spider-man. In the very next issue it took Miles hitting Venom with everything he had 4 times in order to put him down:

Venom is weak to Electricity. Carnage was not! Carnage Merge with Venom. Thus there is no proof Venom Carnage is weak to Electricity.

Which goes to show how powerful the Venom Blast is.

Bamsky.

#18 Posted by Hyperlight (7241 posts) - - Show Bio

im leaning towards wolverine only if he is aware of the venom sting because of his massive amount of experience, and stamina. even if he isnt he will probably get up after it happens and continue fighting. i have no doubt that one day miles could beat wolverine without too much trouble due to his stats but miles has been spiderman for all of 5 mins and two big advantages he has is the fact that no one takes him seriously ( hes a baby) and the venom sting.

#19 Posted by Strider92 (18031 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Damn that Skrull Queen thing always screws with my Spider-woman scans! Can never remember who was who! Screw you secret invasion! On that note are you sue the Wolverine scan isn't the Skrull Queen?

Do you have any scans of Carnage resisting electricity?

Considering that Venom was susceptible too it and Miles hurt him with it I wouldn't say it was a baseless conclusion to jump too that current Venom can be hurt via an electric charge.

#20 Edited by Pokergeist (23180 posts) - - Show Bio

Also I believe Miles is far stronger than Wolverine.

Let me know when Wolvie lifts a heavier cop car over his head.

#21 Posted by Pokergeist (23180 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Damn that Skrull Queen thing always screws with my Spider-woman scans! Can never remember who was who! Screw you secret invasion! On that note are you sue the Wolverine scan isn't the Skrull Queen?

Do you have any scans of Carnage resisting electricity?

Considering that Venom was susceptible too it and Miles hurt him with it I wouldn't say it was a baseless conclusion to jump too that current Venom can be hurt via an electric charge.

That scan is Skrull Queen as well. Durpy durp, just realized that after I posted the other one for Doom.

Carnage is not the same Symbitotic suit at all, a different chemical formula, so i dont really need to show proof do I? Why would a different Chemically and DNA Suit be Electrical Prone? Why Peter felt the need to drag it to a Smelting plant rather hit it with a Electrical line? Carnage has never shown a Eletrical weakness and is not the same as Venom at all in many ways.

Venom is merged with Carnage. He should either have way more resistance if not have the weakness at all any more. Its hard to say conclusively he is weak to it when he is a different being altogether. In fact the fact he is tanking Miles Venom Stings is more proof he is not weak to it rather than LOWBALL saying he is weak to it.

Bamsky.

If Carnage was weak to Electricity, then why did they not Tazer her? They had to figure out a special energy setting to blast her at full power, and she was merely KOed not killed.

Not Buying it at all Carnage is weak to Electricity.

There is no proof of it and evidence against it. Including the fact she is made with a different chemical process than Venom Suit was.

#22 Posted by jashro44 (29910 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP