#3  Edited By serrure
serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

@leo-343 said:

Miles in a close fight, he has the stats edge, but Remy could get lucky with his impressive agility and cards and experience

ehh i'd make a serious case for Gambit being faster than Miles and having more damage output

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Gambit.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Close one but im saying Gambit 7/10

Hedorah10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Hedorah10

Miles in a good fight.

Miles tank explosive forces much greater than remy uses while in character. Miles still has the speed to dodge most attacks as well. In close combat Miles has the edge in raw durability, and strength. He also has the edge in one touch KO via Venom Sting.

Also I see no reason for Miles not to beat Remy easy with a cloaked Venom Sting. Also see no counter to a possible web spam should Miles use that rout against the agile Gambit.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Etienne

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By OreoAssassin

@highaccuser: More experience and more skilled. Miles is physically stronger/faster but Gambit has faced worse

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambit

More agile (lol) better range, and can charge Miles webs just as easily as the venom blast.

Hedorah10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hedorah10

@oreoassassin said:

@highaccuser: More experience and more skilled. Miles is physically stronger/faster but Gambit has faced worse

Your list is missing several factor.

Gambit has Experience and Skill. Miles has way better strength and durability, and possibly speed. Reminds me of Batman vs Heretic. Those battles were Batman lost alot. Gambit has range too, but Miles has Invisibility, one touch KO ability, Webbing, wall crawling (a factor in a building), and Spider Sense.

In versatility, and stats Miles wins. Gambit has a skill advantage, is that really enough to justify he wins? Can he realistically counter Invisibility, webbing, Venom Sting, and Spider strength? Is skill really the only argument? If so then Batman should beat Spider man right? He has the best skill, beyond peak human stats, and cool tech weapons :/ no one would accept that Batman would beat Peter though.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Wolverine008

@highaccuser: Better experience, skill, and avoidance feats should get Remy the majority as far as I'm concerned.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Better experience, skill, and avoidance feats should get Remy the majority as far as I'm concerned.

this is my feeling as well somehow trollverine08 says everything perfectly

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Close fight I'll give Remy the slight majority. Miles does have some crazy durability feats to make it a close fight.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Since Miles won't know what Gambit is capable of, he will probably underestimate him and get himself hit with one of Gambit's cards. Plus, Gambit has more experience than Miles and has more feats.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why do people overate experience so much? Experience doesn't matter if the other person simply has better stats it's like saying green arrow would be beat Superboy because he has more experience but anyway miles venom stings he's way to victory.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkbeam said:

why do people overate experience so much? Experience doesn't matter if the other person simply has better stats it's like saying green arrow would be beat Superboy because he has more experience but anyway miles venom stings he's way to victory.

sure lets take this from a reasonable point of view and turn it into an extreme

we have 2 street levelers of comparable stats but one is more experienced

and we have 1 street leveler and 1 powerhouse who have nothing similar and the powerhouse is 100 times stronger than the street leveler

I see what you mean its 100% the same thing. i see now that experience means nothing in a fight.

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miles isn't this low. He has solidly better stats and potent powers. It'll be a good fight to see and an interesting battle.

Z'

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure: miles is above street level he's a mid level like Peter and I'm not just talking about this fight I'm talking about comic vine as a whole overrating experience happens a lot.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkbeam said:

@serrure: miles is above street level he's a mid level like Peter and I'm not just talking about this fight I'm talking about comic vine as a whole overrating experience happens a lot.

no hes street lvl, Spider Man is the cap of street lvl

Drax the Destroyer, Heather Hudson, Gamora, Mantis, Karate Kid these are all Mid-Tiers that would absolutely tear through Spider Man (and for that matter Miles)

just like Gambit will do to Miles

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure: everybody has there own version of what's a street level and a mid level so I'm not going to argue with you on that but anyway how about you tell how the fight turns out how does remy beat Miles?

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkbeam: given that Gambit is more skilled, more accurate, and has already shot webbing down with his cards he should be able to easily beat Miles...

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure: given how miles is stronger and can ko gambit with a touch miles should win.

Hedorah10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure said:

@darkbeam: given that Gambit is more skilled, more accurate, and has already shot webbing down with his cards he should be able to easily beat Miles...

Those are alright reasons, does Gambit skill have any counter to a invisible spider man speed Venom Sting?

Three example of Miles going invisible on a superior enemy, and Venom Stings them while invisible with his Spider Speed.

How does Gambit counter this? He cant.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By serrure

@hedorah10: the trick is he has to touch Gambit to Sting him... the chances of that happening are just not great. i wouldnt pick Peter to touch him bu 5/10 (if he were to attack 10 times, he'd have a 50% hit rate)

Sure Invisibility is great and all but if you have no Stealth skills its kind of wasted (its a problem i have with Terry McGinnis)

No Caption Provided

Gambit was able to detect a silent perpetrator and something tells me Miles isnt nearly that quiet or stealthy

Hedorah10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hedorah10

@serrure: Still not a solid argument. miles stealth has worked on many people including peter parker.

As seen no reason to say he is not semi adept with the stealth aspect of his power.

Add to this he still has Mach speed Spider speed. Your scan is a featless peak human with no invisibility, and no spider speed. not a good comparison.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By serrure

@hedorah10: he was able to detect someone moving stealthy thats the point if you want him reacting at spider speeds i have an overly abundance of those, but if Miles is running as fast as he can then hes going to disturb something in this battle field...

meanwhile its entirely capable for Gambit to disappear in the shadows of the darker areas and he is a master stealth. he has on many occasions snuck past Wolverine

meanwhile we have explosive cards which have hurt the likes of Moonstone (someone who is leagues above Miles in durability)

No Caption Provided

so all Gambit has to do is lay one down and then press his advantage which, to me, sounds far more likely than sneaking up on someone with great sensory perception, better reaction feats, and more experience and then touching them.

Hedorah10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hedorah10

@serrure: So Gambit in character will attempt to lay down explosive power to kill Miles? A clear as day child in a spider man outfit?

I find fault there for sure.

Tanked little damage from these major explosions.

No Caption Provided

Thats a big explosion.

While this Koed Miles for a sec, there is still No damage on Miles.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Giant Woman was shown to have strength to catch a Helicarrier. This one picks Miles up, and full force slams him! He is not even out, just complains his back hurts. Playing possum.

Scorpion craters the concrete ground with Miles body. his punches leaves craters, and he hit Miles in the face. Miles shrugs it off.

Here he is thrown 100s of feet in the air and into a car. He is fine.

Prowler uses sonic blasters that can devastate a city bus, and Miles tanks them head on with no real damage.

No Caption Provided

Sent fyling by a hit from Rhino. He is fine.

Not that Miles durability cannot tank that attack no problem :)

i highly doubt Miles will be KOed by in character Gambit facing off against a kid. i highly doubt he will detect Miles when he never faced a Invisible foe, much less with Spider Speed, who only needs to touch Gambit for a win.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I go with Gambit
Miles have more powers, more strenght, more versatility.

But Gambit can play more mind games and tricks with his "bombs" and he has more combat experience.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By serrure

@hedorah10: ok i dont think you are understanding me here... his cards have put the hurt on Moonstone and Mr. Sinister

No Caption Provided

Moonstone who even the Hulk recognized as Strong

and moves incredibly fast

Moonstone also went toe to toe with Nova Prime

and the cards arent designed to beat Miles just enough to cause him to falter (which they will) and then Gambit can go in and win with his superior close combat fears...

as for tagging miles

616 Peter is several times faster than Miles and he seemed to surprised at Gambits speed

so yeah in 10 battles Gambit will take a solid 6-7/10 majority

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By mickey-mouse

Gambit lights him up, schools the boy and teaches him a thing or two. Miles should pull out his note pad and take notes. Gambit is one of the best H2H fighters in the X-Men. Gambit has gone toe to toe with the likes of Wolverine, Bullseye, and Captain America. Gambit is so fast Iron Man had trouble tracking him. Gambit is a trick shot artist, and has amazing aim. Gambit's staff is made of adamantium and a couple of whacks on the head with it, will knock miles out. Gambit it smarter, faster, more experienced, and will knock miles on his butt with a couple of good playing cards. Also Gambit has seen spiderman in action and will know how to deal with Miles. Miles has never fought anyone like Gambit to my knowledge.

Gambit 9/10

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By mickey-mouse

@hedorah10: He's Inviso mode isn't really invisible more like Camo....

He rarely uses it, and still overall isn't that good at stealth. Also he can't really stay in Inviso mode the whole time during an actual fight. Also if IIRC, Gambit has a feat where he is fighting blind folded or shooting cards blindfolded or something like that. Gambit Fans? Help me out here?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hedorah10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Hedorah10

@serrure: Still not convincing. I seen Captain America, and even Valkyrie (25 toner) harm Hulk with blows. Harming a calm hulk and damaging him are not the same anyway. I still do not understand why he will use poweful attacks that may maim or kill a kid anyway. its not like he has any idea how tough Miles is anyway.

You say he almost tag spider man. not good enough to me as Peter has no invisibility, and gets schooled alot by street levelers. Like Bullseye, Shang Chi, Dare Devil, and even punisher (shot the web shooters off Spider man). however When Spider man goes all out, he makes short work of people. including Kraven the Hunter as he lost utterly to a angry Spider Man. Pter never uses his full speed but when Plot demands him to.

No Caption Provided

Almost tagging Peter may seem good, but 60 years of inconsistent feats ruin that argument for me. Esspicially when a angry Spidey can move at Mach 3+ (4000 FPS bullet) speeds from a marksmen like Kraven :/.

in short by stats and logical argument, Miles should win. I will agree to disagree.

@lukehero said:

Also Gambit has seen spiderman in action and will know how to deal with Miles. Miles has never fought anyone like Gambit to my knowledge.

Gambit 9/10

Tp be fair gambit has never fought anyone like Miles. He has the invisibility attacks and venom Sting scenarios that Gambit will not be aware of at all. add to this he is a kid which will play a role in a in character fight. Miles has fought plenty of guys with range attacks as well. not sure what Gambit's exploding cards brings here that Green Goblins fire blasts, Ringers mass ring attacks, Mysetrio's energy attacks, or Prolwer's large AOE sonic range attacks have not brought on a larger and more powerful scale.