No Caption Provided

Who wins and why?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ana could win. I recall her slagutering Vermin and giving Kaine problems. Miles hasn't fough someone as skilled as her who uses blades that can one-shot. I think if Miles tries to fight her outright he'll lose but his invisibility and venom sting could give him the win if used right, and he can probably last long enough to apply those(Ana doesn't have many speed feats). As it is, I'll give Miles the edge.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Highaccuser has a pretty good measure on this fight, I'll agree with him

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Frisky4

@jashro44: Not much to that Ana wiki. Can you give me some more insight to what she does? Maybe some feats?

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ana

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Ana could win. I recall her slagutering Vermin and giving Kaine problems. Miles hasn't fough someone as skilled as her who uses blades that can one-shot. I think if Miles tries to fight her outright he'll lose but his invisibility and venom sting could give him the win if used right, and he can probably last long enough to apply those(Ana doesn't have many speed feats). As it is, I'll give Miles the edge.

She straight punked Verim. She gonna beat Miles down. 8/10

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

miles. he has beaten way tougher opponents.

Batking200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Batking200

Ana

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How does Ana compare to Kraven? If she's comparable to him, I honestly say she wins.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Ana, skill over power

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No idea who Ana is.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@highaccuser said:

She straight punked Verim. She gonna beat Miles down. 8/10

Maybe, but Vermin isn't exactly consistent from what I can tell. Her dad beat him down with nothing but physical strength as well, and he's only a 2 tonner.

miles. he has beaten way tougher opponents.

ABC logic. He didn't fight anyone with Ana's skill or blades that can one-shot him, while she's done well against people much stronger and faster than Miles like Kaine and 616 Spider-Man.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mickey-mouse

@highaccuser: The vermin in that story line though went on to give peter who was dressed as DD hell though. So all that matters is how powerful he was at the time of the story line.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 owie  Moderator

Miles could easily beat Vermin too, he's not that dangerous. I only know Ana by reputation so I don't want to sell her short through lack of knowledge though. It's my understanding that she's presumed to have similar physical stats to Kraven, which would put her a fair amount below Miles in that regard. But, in the same way that Kraven is still a pretty good match for Peter despite his own lower physicals, because of his skill advantage, I assume Ana would also be a good fight for Miles for the same reasons, at least on pure H2H. But, Miles's camouflage and venom sting are real advantages that Peter doesn't have to bring over Kraven, and I think they would be his winning edge over Ana as well. I expect it would be a good fight though.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@highaccuser: The vermin in that story line though went on to give peter who was dressed as DD hell though. So all that matters is how powerful he was at the time of the story line.

I mean...I guess...I just don't think we should nessecarily use one good showing from an inconsistent character as a measuring stick for another character even if they were done in the same storyline. Besides, Ana had the advantage of blades that Spider-Man wouldn't have had.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie said:

Miles could easily beat Vermin too, he's not that dangerous.

Vermin is inconsistent and in the storyline Ana beat him he later fought Peter while Vermin was still wounded (from fighting Ana before hand) and Peter commented he was barely holding his own.

Maybe on average a case for Miles beating vermin can be made but using vermins high end showings I can see him beating Miles.

How does Ana compare to Kraven? If she's comparable to him, I honestly say she wins.

@patrat18 said:

No idea who Ana is.

@frisky4 said:

@jashro44: Not much to that Ana wiki. Can you give me some more insight to what she does? Maybe some feats?

I'll get scans in a minute.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: It's been 3 minutes now and still no scans. Not even Black Panther is this slow..... oh wait, he is.

FoolsGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FoolsGold

@jashro44: Vermin also beat Peter in fear itself, and another instance that I can't quite remember. His record against Peter is actually really good.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: It still is a major feat in my mind. Each writer has chosen how powerful Vermin is, so how powerful he was at the time she punked him is all that matters. Sure he has gone up and down, but when she punked him, he was clearly up.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@highaccuser: It still is a major feat in my mind. Each writer has chosen how powerful Vermin is, so how powerful he was at the time she punked him is all that matters. Sure he has gone up and down, but when she punked him, he was clearly up.

This just seems like a matter of opinion honestly. At any rate, Ana had blades that Peter didn't which makes the comparison a bit unfair.

GoldenStar66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are Ana's feats?

FoolsGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@jashro44: It's been 3 minutes now and still no scans. Not even Black Panther is this slow..... oh wait, he is.

lol

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jashro44

@jashro44 said:

@owie said:

Miles could easily beat Vermin too, he's not that dangerous.

Vermin is inconsistent and in the storyline Ana beat him he later fought Peter while Vermin was still wounded (from fighting Ana before hand) and Peter commented he was barely holding his own.

Maybe on average a case for Miles beating vermin can be made but using vermins high end showings I can see him beating Miles.

@indomitableregal said:

@patrat18 said:

No idea who Ana is.

@frisky4 said:

I'll get scans in a minute.

Alright here are the scans:

http://imgur.com/a/7wQ5K

I decided to be lazy and upload them all to one album so sorry if things are confusing. But basically the first set of scans are Ana vs Vermin where she beats him, than spider-man dressed as daredevil vs Vermin just to show a comparison, and then after that are scans of Ana holding her own with Peter (she gets some hits in and Peter says "she's fast. Too fast". She also shows some good agility flipping off a wall, and some good strength by ripping Peters webbing which is stronger than steel. After that is Anas fight with Kaine where she holds her own with him.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think "one touch" Miles can handle her if he tags her. If not, he goes down depending on her striking feats. The problem with Miles is, unless he's bloodlusted, he's not going to start the match with a v-sting.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By patrat18

Nice scans Jash.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Ahh. I think Miles 6/10 then, basically just out of more feats.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frisky4 said:

@jashro44: Ahh. I think Miles 6/10 then, basically just out of more feats.

Well I can see a case for Miles being made but quality should be>>>Quantity.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

I think "one touch" Miles can handle her if he tags her. If not, he goes down depending on her striking feats. The problem with Miles is, unless he's bloodlusted, he's not going to start the match with a v-sting.

I don't recall any significant feats in regards to striking however she does usually carry blades.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feel like this all depends on whether Miles connects with the venom sting. Ana seems more skilled and she can hold her own against Peter and Kaine who are more stronger and more skilled. She can beat him if she avoids it, but one touch is all Miles would need to turn the fight around.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 owie  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

I decided to be lazy and upload them all to one album so sorry if things are confusing. But basically the first set of scans are Ana vs Vermin where she beats him, than spider-man dressed as daredevil vs Vermin just to show a comparison, and then after that are scans of Ana holding her own with Peter (she gets some hits in and Peter says "she's fast. Too fast". She also shows some good agility flipping off a wall, and some good strength by ripping Peters webbing which is stronger than steel. After that is Anas fight with Kaine where she holds her own with him.

It does seem like she does pretty legitimately against Pete and Kaine. Pete's hurt already, but still, not a bad appearance. And using poison on her blades would give her an advantage too. As a side note I haven't really looked at imgur much before but I like the way it presents images.

Vermin, I just don't get. His stats are supposed to be only in the half-to 2 ton range or so, and fast but not Spidey fast. And he has no skills. I get that he's usually portrayed as a credible threat, but I don't get why. It all seems to come down to his "ferocity," and I guess there's some advantage to that, but I wouldn't think it's huge. On paper, when I look at him, I just can't see him at Spidey's level, he seems more like a Daredevil villain level to me. It's one of those things where it's hard to know how to evaluate him...if we go by feats, then he does reasonably well, but then again Kingpin and the Enforcers have a decent track record against Pete too, so when we put them in the cold hard light of battle forum logic, do we go with feats or their comparatively less impressive stats? Myself I tend to go with the stats in this case but I know that's not necessarily the majority view on how to approach it.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: It looks like she should be able to dance around Miles but not keep him down for long. Also, she gets tagged constantly by Peter and Vermin so it shouldn't be a problem for Miles who tagged Peter before. I think once Miles relies how much of a problem, she is he'll resort to v sting which should take her out pretty easily.

Camouflage mode gives Miles another advantage over her.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jashro44

@owie said:

@jashro44 said:

It does seem like she does pretty legitimately against Pete and Kaine. Pete's hurt already, but still, not a bad appearance. And using poison on her blades would give her an advantage too. As a side note I haven't really looked at imgur much before but I like the way it presents images.

Vermin, I just don't get. His stats are supposed to be only in the half-to 2 ton range or so, and fast but not Spidey fast. And he has no skills. I get that he's usually portrayed as a credible threat, but I don't get why. It all seems to come down to his "ferocity," and I guess there's some advantage to that, but I wouldn't think it's huge. On paper, when I look at him, I just can't see him at Spidey's level, he seems more like a Daredevil villain level to me. It's one of those things where it's hard to know how to evaluate him...if we go by feats, then he does reasonably well, but then again Kingpin and the Enforcers have a decent track record against Pete too, so when we put them in the cold hard light of battle forum logic, do we go with feats or their comparatively less impressive stats? Myself I tend to go with the stats in this case but I know that's not necessarily the majority view on how to approach it.

Kingpin and the enforcers were only a threat to Peter as a teenager mostly. Its been a while since they were a problem for spider-man. Vermin on the other hand has recent showings which paint him as a serious threat. As mentioned he fought Peter in fear itself, and I also recall him holding his own against lizard. The problem is Vermin was originally meant to be a captain america villain, but then he shifted into a spider-man villain, and now writers kind of ignore the fact that he isn't suppose be stronger than a ton.

As I said Vermin is inconsistent. Sometimes he is written with spider-man like physicals sometimes he is getting beat by cap and Kraven. It could just be that Vermin performs poorly against skilled fighters for some reason I guess. His physicals should be above what the handbooks say they are though.

And yea Imagegur is pretty awesome. I literally just used it to make those images, and I had 0 issues learning how to use, its so easy to use. To get images like that you just create an album.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 owie  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

@owie said:

@jashro44 said:

Kingpin and the enforcers were only a threat to Peter as a teenager mostly. Its been a while since they were a problem for spider-man. Vermin on the other hand has recent showings which paint him as a serious threat. As mentioned he fought Peter in fear itself, and I also recall him holding his own against lizard. The problem is Vermin was originally meant to be a captain america villain, but then he shifted into a spider-man villain, and now writers kind of ignore the fact that he isn't suppose be stronger than a ton.

As I said Vermin is inconsistent. Sometimes he is written with spider-man like physicals sometimes he is getting beat by cap and Kraven. It could just be that Vermin performs poorly against skilled fighters for some reason I guess. His physicals should be above what the handbooks say they are though.

And yea Imagegur is pretty awesome. I literally just used it to make those images, and I had 0 issues learning how to use, its so easy to use. To get images like that you just create an album.

Yeah, I know what you mean, the Vermin stuff is current and the Kingpin/Enforcer stuff is from a bygone age. I'm more thinking of them as a general analogy than an airtight one. But I'm open to the idea that Vermin has just surpassed his previous conception and become something more dangerous in reality.

I just lost a whole respect thread I was making when my computer crashed a few minutes ago, as I was trying to fit a million separate panels in there to fit under the new scan rules. I've been avoiding putting my images on another platform like imgur since it just makes all the time I've put into getting them onto CV a waste, but seeing that, maybe it's time to make the switch.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie said:

I just lost a whole respect thread I was making when my computer crashed a few minutes ago, as I was trying to fit a million separate panels in there to fit under the new scan rules. I've been avoiding putting my images on another platform like imgur since it just makes all the time I've put into getting them onto CV a waste, but seeing that, maybe it's time to make the switch.

Personally I found it a lot easier to upload images to imagegur than comicvine. But I haven't used imagegur much (I've only really uploaded scans of Ana so far). I know what you mean about comicvines image uploader though.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 owie  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

@owie said:

Personally I found it a lot easier to upload images to imagegur than comicvine. But I haven't used imagegur much (I've only really uploaded scans of Ana so far). I know what you mean about comicvines image uploader though.

I decided to go for it and man it was so much easier. I'm doing imgur for all my multi-page stuff from now on. I'm so glad I checked out your thread. The respect thread was Grendel-Prime by the way, you might be interested.

Anyway in so far as this battle goes, I think I'm still coming down on Miles due to invisibility and venom touch, but I'm now convinced it will be a much better fight.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie: Nice and glad to have helped!