#1 Posted by BigCimmerian (7559 posts) - - Show Bio

- This is Tyson in his prime 5'11 and 215 lbs

- Fedor in his prime, 6'0 and 236 lbs

- Fight is on the street, no rules, morals off, fight to death or KO, who wins and why?

VS

#2 Posted by nerdork (3481 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Mike Tyson had the power to KO Fedor with a direct hit, but good luck getting through Fedor's defense. I just think that due to versatility, Fedor takes this hard.

Fedor FTW!!!!

#3 Edited by spiderbuck (2406 posts) - - Show Bio

Pfffft. Fedor by absolute murder. If Mike lands a solid hail mary one shot KO, he's in business. If not (and chances are he won't) he gets taken down and pounded into dust or armbarred.

#4 Posted by dondave (26572 posts) - - Show Bio

Tyson can win if Fedor decides only to box, other wise he loses

#5 Edited by name12345 (560 posts) - - Show Bio

well Tyson in his prime had crazy reflexes, speed and power... which are what you are going to use the most in this type of fights.

i say Tyson

#6 Posted by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

If this fight stays standing up i think Tyson could take it easily but if they drop to the ground Fedor Should win.

#7 Posted by cfrehse (989 posts) - - Show Bio

ya not to fair to mike. Street fedor wins boxing mike wins

#8 Posted by comic_book_fan (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

a prime tyson would eat him for breakfast fedor has never been up against that kind of ruthless speed and punching power.

#9 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2345 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if Tyson only decides to box, he still wins.

#10 Posted by andersonsilvaissuperman (97 posts) - - Show Bio

Tyson takes it if its standing

#11 Posted by nerdork (3481 posts) - - Show Bio

@andersonsilvaissuperman: @Petey_is_Spidey: @Tacos_Kickass: @name12345: In what crazy realm is a street fight going to stay standing between 2 professional fighters? Especially when one of them is considered to be the greatest ground technician in the heavyweight divisions of MMA.

I have all kinds of love for Tyson...but come on guys, I know we're all smarter than that. This fight almost needs to be flagged...almost.

#12 Edited by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork: I think its pretty obvious its going on the ground. So Fedor does win the fight but Tyson wins in the long run because Fador wont have any ears when the fights over.

#13 Posted by Xanni15 (6743 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tacos_Kickass said:

@nerdork: I think its pretty obvious its going on the ground. So Fedor does win the fight but Tyson wins in the long run because Fador wont have any ears when the fights over.

Because that's the only way Fedor has a remote shot.

#14 Posted by nerdork (3481 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@Tacos_Kickass said:

Because that's the only way Fedor has a remote shot.

So, you admitting that Fedor destroys, due to OP? I agree.

#15 Posted by comic_book_fan (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

no tyson is to fast fedor puts down his arms to grab tyson he will wake up in an ambilance several minutes later

#16 Posted by nerdork (3481 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan said:

no tyson is to fast fedor puts down his arms to grab tyson he will wake up in an ambilance several minutes later

Ah, you must not know a thing about Fedor. Because, if you did, you would know how wrong your statement is. Fedor, one of, if not the greatest MMA heavyweight of all time, is just going to blunder into Tyson's fists. That's how the best fight, to the others advantage. No, no and just no...

#17 Posted by UltraSuperTrooper (674 posts) - - Show Bio

Tyson's stand up is sooo damn good he gets away with winning on that imo. Keep in mind street fight doesn't have gloves which means 1 hit KO is HIGHLY likely

#18 Posted by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio

Shouldn't this be in the Off-Topic section?

#19 Posted by name12345 (560 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

@andersonsilvaissuperman: @Petey_is_Spidey: @Tacos_Kickass: @name12345: In what crazy realm is a street fight going to stay standing between 2 professional fighters? Especially when one of them is considered to be the greatest ground technician in the heavyweight divisions of MMA.

I have all kinds of love for Tyson...but come on guys, I know we're all smarter than that. This fight almost needs to be flagged...almost.

Infact since they are experienced fighters, i think they would not be fighting in a "messy" kind of way...

if you are faster and you have good reflexes, you are going to have a huge advantage standing... because you can throw more punches and take less, and a prime Tyson would destroy

even if your opponent would drag you down because his taking too much standing, Tyson is a beast and would bite his ear!!(hahahaha!) and keep throwing KO punches, so he would hold his own

i would definitely bet on Tyson if i had to. (and i've been in a couple of "real" fights before, so i know what i'm saying)

#20 Posted by nerdork (3481 posts) - - Show Bio

@name12345: Okay. Its obvious that there is a lot of young ignorance here, or a lot of very sheltered knowledge of fight sports, which can't faulted, but can't be argued with either.

#21 Posted by name12345 (560 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

@name12345: Okay. Its obvious that there is a lot of young ignorance here, or a lot of very sheltered knowledge of fight sports, which can't faulted, but can't be argued with either.

Wow... have you ever been in a street fight before?? often, it's not the best fighter who win, but the most ruthless

i think you don't know what you are talking about

#22 Posted by nerdork (3481 posts) - - Show Bio

@name12345: In my experience, people who boast about themselves online, are barely a shade of the person they paint themself to be. But, say what you'd like, I love reading fiction.

#23 Edited by name12345 (560 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

@name12345: In my experience, people who boast about themselves online, are barely a shade of the person they paint themself to be. But, say what you'd like, I love reading fiction.

so basically ALL your arguments are: you are a liar... Okay

Let me guess, you are probably one of those guys who think they know everything about fights just because they watch MMA in TV... yeah keep doing that.

and stop calling others ignorant when they are stating their opinions(based on facts and personal experience, which you clearly don't have)

#24 Posted by BigCimmerian (7559 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork: @name12345:

In all of the street fights I've been involved the guy that throws first punch has higher chance of winning if he's fighting single opponent. Kicks are very common too and the fight will end on the ground if one of the fighters isn't KO'ed early.

#25 Posted by nerdork (3481 posts) - - Show Bio

@name12345: I could wastet time telling what, how or why I know what I know...buy, that would make me less credible than you. But, you are right, I've been watching mma since I was 11, in 96, and I've been watching boxing since before I can remember..

But, I remember Tyson's career, and I am more of a fan of Tyson than Fedor, and id rather he win the street fight. But, I am letting my fanboy go, and admitting to myself that Fedor beats my favorite athelete, or at least one of them.

And, your diction, proves your youth.

#26 Edited by name12345 (560 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

@name12345: I could wastet time telling what, how or why I know what I know...buy, that would make me less credible than you. But, you are right, I've been watching mma since I was 11, in 96, and I've been watching boxing since before I can remember..

But, I remember Tyson's career, and I am more of a fan of Tyson than Fedor, and id rather he win the street fight. But, I am letting my fanboy go, and admitting to myself that Fedor beats my favorite athelete, or at least one of them.

And, your diction, proves your youth.

Sure i'm 20, but my diction may also prove that i don't speak english as a first lenguage.

Unlike you, i'm not afraid to speak the truth.. even if i could pass as a liar, i've no reason to hide what i know.

I just don't assume you are a liar, and you should do the same with me, you wouldn't waste time.

it's not about being a fan, it's about respect others opinions... i said i would bet on Tyson because i think he could win... if you disagree fine, but don't calling me ignorant, if you really must say something, explain your opinions.

#27 Posted by Zjun_ (490 posts) - - Show Bio

Mike Tyson takes majority. He's faster and those flying fists are dangerous. Mikey has KO'd people much bigger than him, people that were 6' 4" +. Fedor's going down in a good fight.

#28 Posted by Nomar (205 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not going to cast a vote but people need to realise a street fight is nothing like a UFC fight. I'm pretty sure most MMA fighters would stick to a standup game in a street fight rather than try some wrestling tactics that may end up with them cracking their skulls open on hard pavement.

#29 Posted by Straynger (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Fedor.

He is a master at the standing single leg take down from the clinch. Once on the ground this fights over. Fedors ground and pound is insane.

#30 Edited by Teh_pwnerer (87 posts) - - Show Bio

When I first thought about this, I was going to go with Fedor. I watched him win fight after fight, against powerhouses that were much bigger than him. He was an absolute monster.

But then I started thinking about some fights I have watched. One in particular comes to mind, remember the brawler Tank Abbot? He didn't have quite the technique of some other fighters, but he was wrecking everyone in the standup game. Until this kid Vitor Belfort came along. Vitor used to have some insane speed (he does again, but that's a whole nother' story), he KO'd Tank with a flurry of punches. When Tank got up, he knew he was outclassed and actually shook his opponents hand.

I can't help but think something similar would happen with a prime Mike Tyson. For that reason, I'm going with Iron Mike in the very slight majority 6/10.

#31 Edited by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

Money Mike stomps.

#32 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1737 posts) - - Show Bio

Fedor would DESTROY Tyson in mere seconds, a Sambo champion with incredible ko power, amazing cardio and a ground game that the most versatile jiu jitsu warriors couldn't handle back in the day of Fedor's prime... It's just a complete MISMATCH! Fedor curbstomps!!

#34 Edited by Blackdog2009 (1737 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork: IT SHOULD be flagged, or locked. It's a mismatch of epic proportions, not only is Fedor arguably the most awesome MMA hw in the entire world but he was also in the RUSSIAN MILITARY... yeah... Let that sink in. In a no holds barred fight... Tyson gets killed against Fedor!!!

#35 Posted by SuperDrummer (672 posts) - - Show Bio

In a street fight?

Whoever has a gun.

#36 Posted by Auction_Sniper (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

MMA: Fedor

Boxing: Tyson

Street fight: Anything could happen, but I'd put my money on Fedor.

#37 Posted by Auction_Sniper (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

@nomar: I was thinking the same thing.

#38 Posted by Hulkman123 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

Tyson. He'd literally have Fedor for breakfast. (At least his ears)

#39 Posted by GoldKing (260 posts) - - Show Bio

Fedor takes it.

#40 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

Fedor just takes him to the ground and breaks his arm.

#41 Posted by SavageDragon (2163 posts) - - Show Bio

Im saying Tyson

#42 Posted by King Saturn (222794 posts) - - Show Bio

In a Boxing Match, it would be interesting to see how well Fedor could take Tyson's punches... I mean Fedor has a pretty good chin... not saying he would take one of those Mean Lunging Hooks Tyson throws.

#43 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

Fedor wins.

#44 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio

@teh_pwnerer said:

When I first thought about this, I was going to go with Fedor. I watched him win fight after fight, against powerhouses that were much bigger than him. He was an absolute monster.

But then I started thinking about some fights I have watched. One in particular comes to mind, remember the brawler Tank Abbot? He didn't have quite the technique of some other fighters, but he was wrecking everyone in the standup game. Until this kid Vitor Belfort came along. Vitor used to have some insane speed (he does again, but that's a whole nother' story), he KO'd Tank with a flurry of punches. When Tank got up, he knew he was outclassed and actually shook his opponents hand.

I can't help but think something similar would happen with a prime Mike Tyson. For that reason, I'm going with Iron Mike in the very slight majority 6/10.

What?

#45 Edited by green_skaar (4104 posts) - - Show Bio

Fedor 99/100. 1/100 Tyson KOs Fedor while attempting a take down.

#47 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (2741 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro:

Strictly Boxing: Mike Tyson 7/10

Under the Unified Rules of MMA: Fedor 8.5/10

#48 Posted by i_like_swords (7589 posts) - - Show Bio

Not that I know much about Fedor, but generally speaking - a MMA fighter will beat a boxer in a street fight.

This is supposing the MMA fighter has a good grasp of several styles (Muay Thai, BJJ, Judo ect) and is physically comparable to the boxer. The MMA fighter should win just due to superior versatility. It's the same way a boxer should generally beat an MMA fighter in a boxing match, because the boxer specializes in boxing whereas the MMA fighter is less specialized but more versatile.

Boxing and MMA are two different sports, with different rules and very different fighting styles, so it's not easy to make an even fight between their fighters.

#49 Posted by ThanoStomp (759 posts) - - Show Bio

Boxing: Tyson 10/10

Street Fight: Fedor 8/10 (Tyson will catch him coming in at least once or twice)

MMA: Fedor 9/10 (Again, Tyson gets a lucky shotbefore Fedor takes hime down.)