• 141 results
butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By butterflykyss

@thatguywithheadphones: why does a specific speed need to b stated? Clearly based on the dialogue he is going to fast for the xmen to tag which is why cyclops referenced iceman power to storm. And she was able to do all of that after being punched by quicksilver. I have more reaction time showings if this isn't sufficient but it should b

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Chazz85

Power of Youth makes guy LT+ level.

Madripoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Storm Calling

@thatguywithheadphones:

That's something that's been done by Hulk, Thing, Spiderman, and Hawkeye's arrow. Honestly, unless, a specific speed has been stated, tagging or reacting to Pietro should really be taken with a grain of salt.

Scans? Issue numbers?

Ondskapt666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm going to say Guy.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatguywithheadphones: why does a specific speed need to b stated? Clearly based on the dialogue he is going to fast for the xmen to tag which is why cyclops referenced iceman power to storm. And she was able to do all of that after being punched by quicksilver. I have more reaction time showings if this isn't sufficient but it should b

Exactly.

No Caption Provided

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm gets destroyed.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling: Storm was one of the X-men getting blitzed in that scan, and we still don't have indication quicksilver was moving anywhere near the speed of might guy. It looks like Storm used an area of effect attack to tag quicksilver any ways, and all we know is he was moving fast enough to blitz the X-men. Heres the scan of hulk tagging quicksilver:

No Caption Provided

Quicksilver was also tagged recently by Gorgon (The inhuman one):

No Caption Provided

Really Quicksilver gets tagged a lot. All speedsters in comics do, but when we debate in battle forums we ignore jobbing. Might Guy can move fast enough to the point where he creates fire using air, and can create enough fire to evaporate an entire ocean. That is mach 25 at least, possibly even mach 45 speeds. You need to bring an example of storm tagging someone who is confirmed to be moving at mach 25-45 speeds if you want to convince people storm can react to Guy.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@storm_calling: Storm was one of the X-men getting blitzed in that scan, and we still don't have indication quicksilver was moving anywhere near the speed of might guy. It looks like Storm used an area of effect attack to tag quicksilver any ways, and all we know is he was moving fast enough to blitz the X-men. Heres the scan of hulk tagging quicksilver:

The scan I posted was on the previous page to the one Butterflykyss posted, and this was a sucker punch attack. None of those X-men that were blitz were in combat at that point. Phoenix egged on the Inhumans when they were trying to pass judgement on Nightcrawler and then they were all suddenly being attacked by the Inhumans.

No Caption Provided

Quicksilver was also tagged recently by Gorgon (The inhuman one):

No Caption Provided

Really Quicksilver gets tagged a lot. All speedsters in comics do, but when we debate in battle forums we ignore jobbing.

To be fair, both Gorgon and the Hulk have superhuman reflexes and reaction, as does Spider-man. So this really doesn't prove anything. Also, Quicksilver demonstrated his speed on panel shortly before Storm was able to attack him. It being an AOE attack is irrelevant considering he was not able to tag her while he was clearly on his way back for another blitz on the panel before she attacked. She reacted before he could close the distance.

Might Guy can move fast enough to the point where he creates fire using air, and can create enough fire to evaporate an entire ocean. That is mach 25 at least, possibly even mach 45 speeds. You need to bring an example of storm tagging someone who is confirmed to be moving at mach 25-45 speeds if you want to convince people storm can react to Guy.

I'm not buying that science logic with comic book logic. I need scans of him actually being stated to operate at that speed.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm is overrated . Guy stomps at close range

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling:

The scan I posted was on the previous page to the one Butterflykyss posted, and this was a sucker punch attack. None of those X-men that were blitz were in combat at that point. Phoenix egged on the Inhumans when they were trying to pass judgement on Nightcrawler and then they were all suddenly being attacked by the Inhumans.

OK but this still doesn't prove much.

To be fair, both Gorgon and the Hulk have superhuman reflexes and reaction, as does Spider-man. So this really doesn't prove anything.

There all slower than Might Guy.

Also, Quicksilver demonstrated his speed on panel shortly before Storm was able to attack him.

He demonstrated it against Gorgon to, and even referenced how he could punch grogon 1000 times. It never stopped him from being tagged.

It being an AOE attack is irrelevant considering he was not able to tag her while he was clearly on his way back for another blitz on the panel before she attacked. She reacted before he could close the distance.

While moving at speeds slower than Guy.

I'm not buying that science logic with comic book logic. I need scans of him actually being stated to operate at that speed.

This really isn't complicated science, all it takes is a basic google search to figure out the level of speed Guy was moving when he created fire with his speed. But it doesn't matter either way since we know for a fact that creating fire with air friction is>>>>anything hulk, spider-man, or gorgon have done with there combat speed. And we also know quicksilver wasn't moving anywhere near the speeds where he creates fire with his movements in the scans you posted. So it really does make no difference either way.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Storm Calling

@jashro44:

There all slower than Might Guy.

You don't need to be as fast as a speedster to react to them. Both Hulk and Gorgon are obviously slower than Quicksilver, as is Storm. But they have fast enough reaction/reflex to tag him if necessary.

This really isn't complicated science, all it takes is a basic google search to figure out the level of speed Guy was moving when he created fire with his speed. But it doesn't matter either way since we know for a fact that creating fire with air friction is>>>>anything hulk, spider-man, or gorgon have done with there combat speed. And we also know quicksilver wasn't moving anywhere near the speeds where he creates fire with his movements in the scans you posted. So it really does make no difference either way.

Again, science logic is not always comic logic. Different universes have diffferent rules. I need something concrete that indicates he can move at mach 25.

Also, Quicksilver's powers prevent him from catching ablaze from air friction. So it doesn't really matter how fast he goes.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling:

You don't need to be as fast as a speedster to react to them. Both Hulk and Gorgon are obviously slower than Quicksilver, as is Storm. But they have fast enough reaction/reflex to tag him if necessary.

OK but might guy can kick people in half who can tank mountain busters in his 8th gate form so he isn't just fast. He only really needs one punch to end this.

Again, science logic is not always comic logic. Different universes have diffferent rules. I need something concrete that indicates he can move at mach 25.

There is no reason to assume the physics in the narutoverse is different than the real world if that is what your saying. The data book confirms that might Guy creates fire by punching the air really fast. We know that is beyond storms ability to react to. We know that is also beyond hulk, gorgon, and spider-mans ability to react to as well.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

OK but might guy can kick people in half who can tank mountain busters in his 8th gate form so he isn't just fast. He only really needs one punch to end this.

Even if he's willing to go into the 8th gate(which is unlikely since Storm wouldn't give him the time to do it), it would result in a double kill if he's fast enough to close the distance. He still loses.

There is no reason to assume the physics in the narutoverse is different than the real world if that is what your saying. The data book confirms that might Guy creates fire by punching the air really fast. We know that is beyond storms ability to react to. We know that is also beyond hulk, gorgon, and spider-mans ability to react to as well.

I'm assuming you have no more instances that indicate he can move at that speed, correct? If not, I have to conclude that there hasn't been enough evidence provided that would indicate he could move fast enough(let alone be able to open enough gates) to take out Storm before she wipes him out.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling: 1.The op says guy can use all 8 gates here. Not like it matters since he doesn't need the 8th gate to kill storm in one hit.

2. Guy doesn't need another instance of moving that fast when it's consistent with his abilities. Storm has never reacted to those speeds. I can post instances of people below guys tier of speed claiming they are faster than sound, Mach 5, etc. So even going by statements storm gets blitzed.

Blackice709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guy

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkage said:
@ratava said:
@hulkage said:
@ratava said:

Storm stomps

shes reacted to light speed attacks and even with the 8th-Gate Guy only reaches relativistic speeds (~10% speed of light)

Night moth should be considered lightspeed

i know that guy would stomp, just wanted to do the "darkraiden" before he comes in :)

but no, no one in naruto is lightspeed

I politely disagree. He was able to bend pure energy, which cannot bend because of a lack of atoms meaning a lack of atomic bonds. The only thing known to bend energy is a black hole or worm hole. An object with mass moving at the speed of light is known to create such things.

Also Madara's light fang is confirmed to be lightspeed by the databooks and Naruto dodged it from point blank range.

You can bend space with relativistic speed. Unless Gai is stated to be lightspeed, he's not

And databook stated Temari to be universe buster, so should we make Temari vs Galactus thread now?

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Storm Calling

@jashro44 said:

@storm_calling: 1.The op says guy can use all 8 gates here. Not like it matters since he doesn't need the 8th gate to kill storm in one hit.

The op didn't specify whether or not the gates were open or not. It just states that they can be used.

2. Guy doesn't need another instance of moving that fast when it's consistent with his abilities. Storm has never reacted to those speeds. I can post instances of people below guys tier of speed claiming they are faster than sound, Mach 5, etc. So even going by statements storm gets blitzed.

Storm herself can fly faster than the speed of sound and can react to bullets shot at close range(which also move faster than the speed of sound). So that still wouldn't be fast enough...

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, Gai is faster, more durable, stronger, has the power of youth, and somehow storm still wins?

kingogkings777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkage: Looked more like electricity and a metal pole since Naruto throw that stick into it's path. I could be 100% wrong but meh, also would post scans but can't find the chapter(I think it's 64? something maybe) and leaving soon.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling: well whatever because gate 6 and up are overkill anyways. Mach 5 is a lot faster than the speed of a bullet.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#72  Edited By BeaconofStrength

Guy blitzes.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Storm Calling

@jashro44 said:

@storm_calling: well whatever because gate 6 and up are overkill anyways. Mach 5 is a lot faster than the speed of a bullet.

No it's not. Mythbusters lists bullets faster than speed of mach 5. Around 2,500 fps.

Edit: You're actually correct. It's mach 2 for bullets. However, Quicksilver has moved at Mach 5 on panel.

No Caption Provided

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling: I'm not doubting quicksilver can move at Mach 5. What I'm doubting is that he was when storm reacted to him. Quicksilver has ran halfway across the planet in 92 seconds. If we assume everyone who tags quicksilver can react to his top speeds than street levellers are all like Mach 1000. You need to prove quicksilver was moving mach 5 when stocks m tagged him if you want to prove that shows storm has Mach 5+ reactions.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@storm_calling: I'm not doubting quicksilver can move at Mach 5. What I'm doubting is that he was when storm reacted to him. Quicksilver has ran halfway across the planet in 92 seconds. If we assume everyone who tags quicksilver can react to his top speeds than street levellers are all like Mach 1000. You need to prove quicksilver was moving mach 5 when stocks m tagged him if you want to prove that shows storm has Mach 5+ reactions.

You haven't even proven that Might Guy can run at mach 5(I haven't seen scans or an issue number). And you just admitted that Mach 5 isn't his top speed... So why would he move any slower to attack Magneto than he was when he attacked Storm and the other X-men on that panel? Also, he was in a fight with Cyclops as well(who hadn't been taken down yet). I recall him needed to move faster than the naked eye could see in order to stay out of the range of his optic blast. I don't see why he would've needed to move slower in this situation to deal with two very formidable opponents.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling: Becausespeedsters job in comics all the time. Flash and silver surfer get tagged by street levellers all the time but it doesn't mean they are all faster than light. Same principle applies here with quicksilver. If he wasn't jobbing he would blitz storm, Spiderman and hulk but since quicksilver is a jobber he gets tagged all the time.

I am on my phone so I can't upload the scan but I have given you proof of guy moving much faster than Mach 5 whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. Someone else can post the scan of part one naruto stating he runs at Mach 5 who is confirmed in databooks to be slower than guy. Moving faster than the eye is still sginifcantly slower than guy. Slower people than guy have done that. It's street level stuff, plus quicksilver wouldn't need to move faster than the eye to dodge cyclops. People like bullseye have done it before.

Storm simply can't win unless you dismiss every showing guy has. She's getting blitzed unless you can show me storm reacting to someone who can create fire with air friction she loses.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Storm Calling

@jashro44 said:

@storm_calling: Becausespeedsters job in comics all the time. Flash and silver surfer get tagged by street levellers all the time but it doesn't mean they are all faster than light. Same principle applies here with quicksilver. If he wasn't jobbing he would blitz storm, Spiderman and hulk but since quicksilver is a jobber he gets tagged all the time.

He speedblitzed several characters on the previous page, including Storm and he outpaced Cyclops' blast as well(just as he's done in the past). Nothing about that showing indicates he was written down. You just don't want to accept that Storm's reaction is greater than what you thought. You didn't even know she could react to attacks faster than the speed of sound.

I am on my phone so I can't upload the scan but I have given you proof of guy moving much faster than Mach 5 whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. Someone else can post the scan of part one naruto stating he runs at Mach 5 who is confirmed in databooks to be slower than guy. Moving faster than the eye is still sginifcantly slower than guy. Slower people than guy have done that. It's street level stuff, plus quicksilver wouldn't need to move faster than the eye to dodge cyclops. People like bullseye have done it before.

No Caption Provided

Quicksilver stated himself that he was moving faster than the eye could follow. It's not an assumption I made by him being able to dodge Cyclops' beams. And when someone post's evidence, then I will be more than happy to agree with you. I don't mean any disrespect by disagreeing with the way you interpret Might Guy's speed, but I'm entitled to it though. I don't feel that you've presented adequate evidence of his speed. You can choose to disagree with that, but it doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

Storm simply can't win unless you dismiss every showing guy has. She's getting blitzed unless you can show me storm reacting to someone who can create fire with air friction she loses.

I haven't seen anything to suggest he's faster than she can react, and until I do I'm sticking with Storm on this one. Who has more than enough firepower to put him down.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling:

He speedblitzed several characters on the previous page, including Storm

You yourself argued that he surprised them. Regardless blitzing storm doesn't help your argument.

and he outpaced Cyclops' blast as well(just as he's done in the past).

He outpaced his aim which isn't a big deal.

Nothing about that showing indicates he was written down. You just don't want to accept that Storm's reaction is greater than what you thought.

No I just don't trust showings where X character reacts to Y-speedster. These showings are unreliable because speedsters are rarely ever moving close to there max speeds. Spider-man has tagged silver surfer, even while Norrin was bloodlusted, that doesn't make spider-man faster than light.

You didn't even know she could react to attacks faster than the speed of sound.

I was actually already aware of the bullet timing feat. I referenced one character who was far slower than Guy stating he can move at the speed of sound, you just chose to focus on that example for some reason even though I referenced another character slower than Guy claiming they were running at mach 5.

No Caption Provided

Quicksilver stated himself that he was moving faster than the eye could follow.

In another example from decades ago. Quicksilver doesn't say he needs to move faster than the eye can follow, just that cyclops can't hit an enemy moving that fast. Storm her self has dodged cylcops optic blasts and reacted to them. You would be better off using that example to prove your point.

It's not an assumption I made by him being able to dodge Cyclops' beams. And when someone post's evidence, then I will be more than happy to agree with you.

I already porved GUy is faster than any street leveller that has tagged quicksilver:

Confirmation Guy uses speed to create fire. Again this is a mach 25 feat at minimum.
Confirmation Guy uses speed to create fire. Again this is a mach 25 feat at minimum.

I don't mean any disrespect by disagreeing with the way you interpret Might Guy's speed, but I'm entitled to it though.

I don't view it as disrespectful that you disagree with me. I think its silly your dismissing Guy creating fire by punching the air really fast with his speed, and saying that he can't blitz storm. I get Storm isn't slow in general, but in comparison to Guy she is.

I don't feel that you've presented adequate evidence of his speed. You can choose to disagree with that, but it doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

Well yes but you are wrong. There really is no way around it. If you want we can agree to disagree

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vintage_spiderman said:

@ratava: Amaterasu is that hot....plot is just constantly nerfing it.

Also you remember since it's a mystical flame(and it's not actually the sun) it has strange properties like it burns slow, doesn't burn things outside the flames reach/not directly touching it, inexstinguishable, etc...

What if it was not really as hot as the sun and it was just used as a hyperbole? Because when has Amaterasu shown that level of heat? Karin got hit by it and she survived it, the Raikage's arm wasn't even melting off and it was still in one piece after it was cut off, those soldiers who had their armor caught by it, and it wasn't even melting.

That was a mistranslation. The original guidebook said Ameraterasu was named after a goddess of the sun. You can't disregard official information just because of one widely-spread misquotation.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@heatblaze123 said:
@vintage_spiderman said:

Also you remember since it's a mystical flame(and it's not actually the sun) it has strange properties like it burns slow, doesn't burn things outside the flames reach/not directly touching it, inexstinguishable, etc...

What if it was not really as hot as the sun and it was just used as a hyperbole? Because when has Amaterasu shown that level of heat? Karin got hit by it and she survived it, the Raikage's arm wasn't even melting off and it was still in one piece after it was cut off, those soldiers who had their armor caught by it, and it wasn't even melting.

That was a mistranslation. The original guidebook said Ameraterasu was named after a goddess of the sun. You can't disregard official information just because of one widely-spread misquotation.

I didn't know that.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams said:
@heatblaze123 said:
@vintage_spiderman said:

I didn't know that.

Most people don't.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: I'm not sure what the problem is. Storm manipulating electricity within the brain isn't different from Polaris manipulating Iron in the blood stream.

Also, going by the posts here, Storm loses.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Storm Calling

@jashro44:

You yourself argued that he surprised them. Regardless blitzing storm doesn't help your argument.

And he did the same to Magneto in the other scan I provided. It was by completely surprise.

No I just don't trust showings where X character reacts to Y-speedster. These showings are unreliable because speedsters are rarely ever moving close to there max speeds. Spider-man has tagged silver surfer, even while Norrin was bloodlusted, that doesn't make spider-man faster than light.

Quicksilver wasn't running at max speed though. You yourself already admitted it. He has proven that he will run at mach 5 to blitz a character in a similar power class as Storm. There's no reason to assume he was running slower here, especially considering in his fight with Cyclops he was clearly operating at a speed much greater than sound.

I was actually already aware of the bullet timing feat. I referenced one character who was far slower than Guy stating he can move at the speed of sound, you just chose to focus on that example for some reason even though I referenced another character slower than Guy claiming they were running at mach 5.

Then you wouldn't have stated that someone going faster than sound was sufficient to prove that she could be blitzed. As for that scan, I'm not sure what it's indicating. It just says he's going to kick ass on today's mission and then a yell with mach 5. What exactly is he doing that relates to mach 5, eating? lol

In another example from decades ago. Quicksilver doesn't say he needs to move faster than the eye can follow, just that cyclops can't hit an enemy moving that fast. Storm her self has dodged cylcops optic blasts and reacted to them. You would be better off using that example to prove your point.

It's pretty clear he's speaking about the speeds he's currently moving in order to invade his attacks, otherwise he wouldn't have made a note about not having room to slack off when Cyclops caught him off guard.

As for your reference to Storm dodging his beams, I hope you're aware mind control was involved in both of those instances. In their fight for leadership of the X-men, Madelyne Pryor was subconsciously manipulating him into losing the fight, not to mention he himself wasn't into the fight after dealing with personal struggles at the time... The other time, when she dodges him in her garden(where there was plenty of room to take shelter), Candra was mind controlling him.

I already porved GUy is faster than any street leveller that has tagged quicksilver:

You haven't technically proven anything, since this is the first post you've provided any evidence of anything...

And Hulk and Gorgan are far from street levelers. Spiderman is also renowned for his reflexes. So again, I don't think you have a case. The scan you provided doesn't prove anything more than what you've said before. I still question the validity of it.

I don't view it as disrespectful that you disagree with me. I think its silly your dismissing Guy creating fire by punching the air really fast with his speed, and saying that he can't blitz storm. I get Storm isn't slow in general, but in comparison to Guy she is.

And I think it's silly that you think that his fist igniting from air friction = mach 25. We can agree to disagree on it though.

Well yes but you are wrong. There really is no way around it. If you want we can agree to disagree

No, you think I am wrong. That doesn't make me wrong. I can agree to disagree though.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling:

And he did the same to Magneto in the other scan I provided. It was by completely surprise.

We are talking about the instance storm reacted to quicksilver. Quciksilvers capabilities aren't what is in question here.

Quicksilver wasn't running at max speed though. You yourself already admitted it.

This is my point. The feat becomes unquantafiable since we don't know how fast he was moving.

He has proven that he will run at mach 5 to blitz a character in a similar power class as Storm. There's no reason to assume he was running slower here, especially considering in his fight with Cyclops he was clearly operating at a speed much greater than sound.

1. Just because he blitzed Magneto once at mach 5 doesn't mean he blitzes everyone at those speeds.
  2. What do you base him moving at speeds "MUCH greater than sound" on? You don't need to be faster than sound to dodge cyclops. Again bullseye, wolverine, daredevil, spider-man, and storm herself without using her flight powers have all done it.

Then you wouldn't have stated that someone going faster than sound was sufficient to prove that she could be blitzed. As for that scan, I'm not sure what it's indicating. It just says he's going to kick ass on today's mission and then a yell with mach 5. What exactly is he doing that relates to mach 5, eating? lol

He was running to the mission at mach 5 according to naruto.

It's pretty clear he's speaking about the speeds he's currently moving in order to invade his attacks, otherwise he wouldn't have made a note about not having room to slack off when Cyclops caught him off guard.

Right but that doesn't mean thats the bare minimum. Not like it matters since moving faster than human eyes can follow is still below might guy. Characters were doing this in the first arc of naruto when power levels were at an all time low.

As for your reference to Storm dodging his beams, I hope you're aware mind control was involved in both of those instances. In their fight for leadership of the X-men, Madelyne Pryor was subconsciously manipulating him into losing the fight, not to mention he himself wasn't into the fight after dealing with personal struggles at the time... The other time, when she dodges him in her guardian(where there was plenty of room to take shelter), Candra was mind controlling him.

I am aware he was subconsciously told to lose the first time. I don't think mind control really affected him the second time. Regardless storm also reacted to his optic blast in her mini IIRC when Scott was controlled by shadow king I believe. She blocked it with her lightning.

You haven't technically proven anything, since this is the first post you've provided any evidence of anything...

I have. I posted a scan confirming Guy turns air friction into fire using speed. You can look it up yourself. Its a fact that is at minimum a mach 25 feat. Theres no confusing calculations involved. Its as simple as figuring out how fast bullets are.

And Hulk and Gorgan are far from street levelers.

There combat speed is street level.

Spiderman is also renowned for his reflexes.

I am aware. He's still a lot slower than Guy is based on feats.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

We are talking about the instance storm reacted to quicksilver. Quciksilvers capabilities aren't what is in question here.

I'm aware what we're talking about, but apparently my point flew over your head.

This is my point. The feat becomes unquantafiable since we don't know how fast he was moving.

He was more than fast enough to blitz the X-men before they realized he was coming towards them. Even if they weren't aware they were in a fight with him it still counts as a speedblitz, just like the instance where he did the VERY same thing to Magneto while his speed was being clocked. It at the very least proves that he will blitz an opponent at mach 5, and there's no reason to assume he would've wanted to go any slower against a similar opponent.

1. Just because he blitzed Magneto once at mach 5 doesn't mean he blitzes everyone at those speeds.
  2. What do you base him moving at speeds "MUCH greater than sound" on? You don't need to be faster than sound to dodge cyclops. Again bullseye, wolverine, daredevil, spider-man, and storm herself without using her flight powers have all done it.

Actually that can be concluded, since Magneto is of a similar power class and threat. As for what I'm basing the speeds on, I'm basing it on what Quicksilver stated he was moving in his fight with Cyclops. So even if he didn't need to move that fast, he still put in the effort to do it in that fight, which is sort of my point. Bringing in other characters that can dodge his aim or servos doesn't change that fact.

He was running to the mission at mach 5 according to naruto.

Right but that doesn't mean thats the bare minimum. Not like it matters since moving faster than human eyes can follow is still below might guy. Characters were doing this in the first arc of naruto when power levels were at an all time low.

Where did it say he was running there at mach 5? Do you have anything else indicating such speeds? This one is still questionable.

I am aware he was subconsciously told to lose the first time. I don't think mind control really affected him the second time. Regardless storm also reacted to his optic blast in her mini IIRC when Scott was controlled by shadow king I believe. She blocked it with her lightning.

She reacted and blocked his beams with lightning, which is very different from dodging them in an open environment.

Candra hijacked his body and was using him as a puppet. There's no reason to assume her skill level with using those beams were on Cyclops' level. It's questionable at best, not to mention, Storm had plenty of cover in that fight.

I have. I posted a scan confirming Guy turns air friction into fire using speed. You can look it up yourself. Its a fact that is at minimum a mach 25 feat. Theres no confusing calculations involved. Its as simple as figuring out how fast bullets are.

I looked it up. No such post exist in this thread. Your previous post is the first one that shows any evidence of Might Guy's speed. I've been asking for evidence since the first page...

There combat speed is street level.

Both have superhuman reflexes. You don't have to be a speedster to react to them. That's common knowledge. Also, the Gorgon instance clearly shows him being blitzed before he reacts to swat him away.

I am aware. He's still a lot slower than Guy is based on feats

I need more scans if I'm to believe that. Sorry.

kingogkings777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there a Guy respect thread anywhere?

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: how did you make that picture in the op?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes:

1. Use this site
  2. Open this image
  3. Google the character you want to use in a new tab
  4. Click images
  5. Click search tools
  6. Click color
  7. Click Transparent
  8. Click the image you want to use & copy its URL
  9. Go back to pixlr
  10. Click layer
  11. Click open image URL as layer
  12. Paste image url
  13. It should look like this v
  14. adjust the image so it fits like this v (via clicking edit, then free transform)
  15. zoom in all the way to the bottom of the orange in the VS so it looks like this
  16. Click this tool
  17. Click the bottom of the VS image where the orange meets the black and zoom out via scroll wheel so it should look like this
  18. click edit, then cut so it looks like this
  19. then repeat steps 3+ for the next character(except you might have to click layer and flip horizontal to flip it) so it looks like this
  20. once you are done click file,save, & name it

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling:

I'm aware what we're talking about, but apparently my point flew over your head.

No it didn't. Your saying because magneto and storm are in the same tier quicksilver fights them the exact same way. My issue isn't with quicksilvers personality its with the way speed is written down in comics.

He was more than fast enough to blitz the X-men before they realized he was coming towards them. Even if they weren't aware they were in a fight with him it still counts as a speedblitz,

OK but it really doesn't help your argument.

just like the instance where he did the VERY same thing to Magneto while his speed was being clocked. It at the very least proves that he will blitz an opponent at mach 5, and there's no reason to assume he would've wanted to go any slower against a similar opponent.

Again this isn't an issue of character, its an issue of of the feat not being measurable. I don't even think these showings were written by the same guy.

Actually that can be concluded, since Magneto is of a similar power class and threat.

No. Read above. By this logic spider-man is faster than light.

As for what I'm basing the speeds on, I'm basing it on what Quicksilver stated he was moving in his fight with Cyclops. So even if he didn't need to move that fast, he still put in the effort to do it in that fight, which is sort of my point. Bringing in other characters that can dodge his aim or servos doesn't change that fact.

This is an assumption. Prove quicksilver was moving mach 5 when storm tagged him.

Where did it say he was running there at mach 5? Do you have anything else indicating such speeds? This one is still questionable.

Bottom panel where he is running to his mission....

I looked it up. No such post exist in this thread. Your previous post is the first one that shows any evidence of Might Guy's speed. I've been asking for evidence since the first page...

What? I uploaded the scan confirming this in post 79. If you mean a post proving creating fire with air friction is mach 25 here:

Because of the speed a space ship reenters the atmosphere it burns up..

http://www.funtrivia.com/en/subtopics/Air-Resistance-Its-All-Around-You-225326.html

"Mach number M is nearly twenty five".

http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/BGH/hihyper.html

Guy would have to be moving near mach 25. This isn't debateable its simply a fact. If you don't want to accept the feat than don't respond and just drop the subject. I wont force you to debate, but I will continue to prove my points.

Both have superhuman reflexes. You don't have to be a speedster to react to them. That's common knowledge.

Reflexes no where near mach 25. Again Guys super human reflexes are far greater.

Also, the Gorgon instance clearly shows him being blitzed before he reacts to swat him away.

So did storm. Gorgon still tagged quicksilver, and what speed feats does he even have?

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

No it didn't. Your saying because magneto and storm are in the same tier quicksilver fights them the exact same way. My issue isn't with quicksilvers personality its with the way speed is written down in comics.

You're trying to conclude that his speed was written down in his fight with Storm, when there's nothing to conclude that(other than you claiming Storm wouldn't be fast enough). I'm not claiming she's faster than light. Hell, I don't even think Quicksilver is as fast as you think that he is(at least not at that point). I'm simply saying there's no reason to assume he's being written down in this instance after everything that the writer took into account in the issue.

OK but it really doesn't help your argument.

I honestly don't care what you think it doesn't help at this point. I think it supports my argument because it shows that the writer took into account how fast he could take down several of the members before they could react. He also took into consideration how fast Storm could manifest her powers with a thought.

Again this isn't an issue of character, its an issue of of the feat not being measurable. I don't even think these showings were written by the same guy.

I don't need you to keep telling me something I already know though. It can be measured in SOME capacity because we have to consider how fast he would've needed to be in order to speed blitz them in the first place and evade their attacks. He's already stated on panel that he will move fast enough so that Cyclops can't track him with his eyes. He's also proven that he will blitz an opponent of similar power levels at mach 5. It really doesn't matter who wrote what. Canon is canon. Maybe he wasn't hitting her at mach 5, but that still doesn't mean it can't be concluded after considering how fast he's blitzed other opponents. It's not something I was trying to claim here anyway, you jumped to that conclusion. You say his speed can't be measure at all, I say that it can in SOME capacity.

No. Read above. By this logic spider-man is faster than light.

First of all. Quicksilver is not faster than light. And some of his new showings involved a powerup and some writer hyperbole as well. His normal speeds are just above the speed of sound, with mach 5 being somewhere around the max that I've seen. The only new showing that I've seen that would indicate he's faster is the instance where he traveled around the world. I haven't personally read that issue, so I don't know the circumstances involved with that feat.

This is an assumption. Prove quicksilver was moving mach 5 when storm tagged him.

1. I never claimed that Quicksilver was going at mach 5 when he attacked Storm. You jumped to that conclusion when I provided a scan of Magneto being blitzed by Quicksilver. I provided that scan to prove how fast Quicksilver could go, period. The only thing I was trying to prove in relation to his speed in the instance with Storm, was that Quicksilver needed to maintain speeds greater than the naked eye could follow in order to stay out of the range of Cyclops' attacks.

2. You still haven't provided me anything other than something that can be concluded as comic logic, and a questionable scan of Naruto saying something about Mach 5, but not what it relates to. And in either case, it still doesn't prove Might Guy is faster.

3. The Quicksilver instance is far from the only thing Storm's reacted to. I was just trying to make it a point to address that instance to you properly. She's reacted and blocked several forms of energy based attacks before they hit her that traveled at very considerable speeds(including Living Lightning in energy form).

4. It shouldn't be this difficult to provide me with what I'm looking for. I've given you several scans that clearly illustrate AND state a character's speed. If you don't have anything involving speed that gives me a clear understand of his speed on panel(not scientific facts), then we'll have to end this discussion here.

5. I also haven't been given proof of how fast he can open his gates, or if he even gains superior reaction time from his gates. For all I know, he could move faster but still be limited to human level reaction, which wouldn't leave him with enough time to stop Storm, who can react at the speed of thought.

Bottom panel where he is running to his mission..

It does not say that specifically. Another instance, please?

What? I uploaded the scan confirming this in post 79. If you mean a post proving creating fire with air friction is mach 25 here:

http://www.funtrivia.com/en/subtopics/Air-Resistance-Its-All-Around-You-225326.html

"Mach number M is nearly twenty five".

http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/BGH/hihyper.html

Guy would have to be moving near mach 25. This isn't debateable its simply a fact. If you don't want to accept the feat than don't respond and just drop the subject. I wont force you to debate, but I will continue to prove my points.

There is no scan or link or issue number anywhere in this thread, other than in your post I pointed out in post #79. You've only just began to provide evidence of anything, which was why I said you technically didn't prove anything at that point.

Also, thanks for providing me with something I already knew and believed when you first posted it... Obviously its beside the point I was making.

Reflexes no where near mach 25. Again Guys super human reflexes are far greater.

Quicksilver isn't Mach 25.... Nor do I think Might Guy is at this point.

So did storm. Gorgon still tagged quicksilver, and what speed feats does he even have?

No, Storm wasn't even aware Quicksilver was there before he attacked her. He ran out while they were in the midst of an angry crowd and blitzed them. Cyclops shot a beam at him and he fled, but came back for another blitz only to be greeted by an aoe blizzard before he could close the distance. That's a reaction feat to a speedblitz, because she knew he was coming that time and was able to attack him before he could tag her again. It's also impressive because she was still groggy from the first hit.

Gorgon was attacked first, tanked those attacks, and then swatted Quicksilver away. So Gorgon was speedblitzed; however, he was able to tank it. That's very different from what happened with Storm.

Gorgon is also an Inhuman. They all have enhanced physical attributes, including superhuman reaction and reflexes. It gave him enough speed to land at least a single swat to a Quicksilver that was punching him over and over again. I think it's a fair feat.

Avatar image for vintage_spiderman
vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: Nooooo....so it's not true.

All this time I though amaterasu was as hot as the sun well that would explain a lot I guess it wasn't Kishi's almighty nerf hammer going to work after all lol.

Thanks for the insight. ;)

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm stomps. Morals off nothing is stopping her from instant suffocation+lightning+monsoons+blizzards etc.

She's conjured these things fast enough to block Cyclop's beams, to stop mental attacks, to hit speedsters, etc. And Guy would need to waste time going gates.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Sy8000

Storm stomps. Morals off nothing is stopping her from instant suffocation+lightning+monsoons+blizzards etc.

She's conjured these things fast enough to block Cyclop's beams, to stop mental attacks, to hit speedsters, etc. And Guy would need to waste time going gates.

Which has been dodged by Kraven.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:

And has hit Magneto (multiple times), Silver Surfer (multiple times), Stardust, Dr. Doom, and other countless faster people. One low showing doesn't change that it's literal lightning.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:
@darkraiden said:

And has hit Magneto (multiple times), Silver Surfer (multiple times), Stardust, Dr. Doom, and other countless faster people. One low showing doesn't change that it's literal lightning.

I really doubt they were trying to avoid it. There's no evidence it moves at the speed of natural lightning.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Storm wasn't trying to kill him in that instance. If she wanted to, she could have stopped him easily. It was pretty obvious she didn't want to hamper T'Challa's ego in that instance as well.

It's very unlikely he would've been able to dodge these sorts of strikes.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Storm wasn't trying to kill him in that instance. If she wanted to, she could have stopped him easily. It was pretty obvious she didn't want to hamper T'Challa's ego in that instance as well.

It's very unlikely he would've been able to dodge these sorts of strikes.

Not trying to kill him has nothing to do with the speed of her attacks. He wouldn't have been able to dodge those but the point I'm making is that her lightning doesn't seem very fast.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:
@highaccuser said:
@darkraiden said:

I really doubt they were trying to avoid it. There's no evidence it moves at the speed of natural lightning.

It hit a speeding jet, the people I just named, is literal lightning from the clouds that she summons, hit fast enough to block Cyclops's beam, catches most people off guard and is done mid word/statement usually, her perspective had it moving at least 100,000 miles per hour. Not peak lightning speed, but really fast.