Might Guy (8 Gates) vs Goku (Namek)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This thread is simply retarded. Gai has ZERO durability feat. Not only Goku blitzes him, but one shots with a punch

Narutards, please show as canon Gai's durability. Until then, Goku 1 shots

itzxsloth345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By itzxsloth345

Guy absolutely murders him.

CptMerc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku takes this with ease

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guy absolutely murders him.

Before making that assertion, you might actually want to read up on or watch DBZ up until Goku fights Ginyu.

Unless, of course, you are simply trolling.

itzxsloth345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono: A bloodlusted guy with unlimited 8 gates, no drawbacks at all, who moves so fast he warps space itself, vs a base goku with no kaio ken or super saiyan. Yeah, goku gets murdered.

Either youre trolling, youre too blind and ignorant to take off your nostalgia goggles and see this as it really is.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Gracetrack

@itzxsloth345 said:

A bloodlusted guy with unlimited 8 gates, no drawbacks at all, who moves so fast he warps space itself, vs a base goku with no kaio ken or super saiyan. Yeah, goku gets murdered.

Either youre trolling, youre too blind and ignorant to take off your nostalgia goggles and see this as it really is.

lol... So you are trolling. I suspected as much. I'll humor you anyway.

The ability to "warp space" means almost exactly nothing here. Seriously, how does that factor into this battle in any meaningful way? The answer - it doesn't. Because we can't evaluate said feat in any useful, measurable way. Unless you can provide feats that show otherwise, but you can't, because there aren't any.

Guy's speed (which, at best,might be at Goku's level) also means essentially nothing here. I've said it before, but Guy's fists might as well be made of Nerf if he's trying to punch a guy whose muscles, bones, and skin allowed him to casually walk about in over 50 times the gravity of Earth and train in 100 times the gravity of Earth. The planet Jupiter is 2.4 times Earth's gravity, which would make a 100 pound person weigh 240 pounds. 100 times Earth's gravity would put that same person at 10,000 pounds of weight. That's 5 tons. At his base level, Goku on Namek (but before Ginyu) could throw punches and kicks faster than the eye can see while at 100 times Earth's gravity.

8 Gates Guy doesn't stand a ghost of a chance at winning here, and he has zero feats to suggest otherwise.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Son Geeko

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:
@randomsid said:
@senseigrimm said:
@darkraiden said:
@josephgomes619 said:

Guy can't do anything. He needed Minato's help to tag Madara. Goku is faster than Madara and can fly way better. Guy can't even fly, he pushes air to jump

I'd say Guy is likely faster than Goku. Plus Guy did tag Madara without Minato's help a few times.

Might I ask how?

That's a good question. I'd like to know how fast Might Guy is myself and how you get his speed.

Guy himself is likely around Mach 4-7 as he's comparable to Sage Naruto in speed, and 8 Gates he should be at least Mach 30-100 range (maybe higher if we take the 100x boost seriously). I don't see Goku as that fast.

Thanks. Now we have a baseline for comparison. This is taken from the snake way feat which was during the Saiyan Saga training with King Kai and becoming stronger, and faster and also before his training on the way to Namek.

Obviously Goku wasn't going all out for the snake way event, but, even without going all out it was an impressive feat going 1,000,000 km in 48 hours. The speed of sound is 340 m/s. Simple math tells us that Goku was traveling at a speed of 5787 m/s which puts him while not going all out, at the beginning of the series 17 times faster than the speed of sound.

And this is including rest periods and who knows how long he may have slept for? Lets just say he only slept 4 hours per night(most people sleep 6-8 hours a night but being generous). So take away 8 hours and 1 more for short rest periods. That puts him at running 20.947(might as well say 21) times faster than the speed of sound(during the beginning of the Saiyan Saga). His power level(and speed as a result) shot up massively after the Saiyan Saga.

We also know that after his fight with Ginyu(I believe it was then) he was able to travel half the distance of Namek(which is larger than earth) in a couple seconds(basically before the person talking could finish their sentence). Lets be generous again and say Namek is the same size as Earth(it isn't but being generous). The circumference of Earth at the equator is about24,902 miles (40,075 km), but from pole-to-pole — the meridional circumference — Earth is only 24,860 miles (40,008 km) around. We will use the smaller one again to be nice. Now, half of that would be 12,430 miles in a few second. Lets be generous once again and say 10 seconds.

That puts him moving at 5840.970 times the speed of sound at that point. Now, that was right after the Ginyu battle and this takes place before the Ginyu battle so being generous again, lets half that. That still puts Goku at moving at 2920.485 times the speed of sound. Do you really believe that Might Guy is faster than that?

Goku moves much slower than that. Every feat after that very dubious namek one puts Goku at much slower than mach 5840. Like his feats after that one while still on Namek are slower than that. It's just an unquantifiable feat done in an unquantifiable amount of time as he crosses an unquantifiable amount of land in with unquantifiable amount of speed. Because more powerful Goku/Gohan/Vegeta have taken much longer to cross much shorter distances.

Oh and he likely didn't need too much sleep traveling snake way.

@darkraiden: Goku has a feat of outrunning light & scaling an entire building before a laser that was already fired hit him.

Goku has never outrun light. Solar Flare was used, Goku went and got glasses. Nothing lightspeed about that. And the laser has no feats of being lightspeed. That's a street level feat. As all street levelers dodge lasers.

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: Lasers are literally projected light. Street-levelers don't scale buildings before lasers that were already fired hit them, they time the aim of lasers.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: Lasers are literally projected light. Street-levelers don't scale buildings before lasers that were already fired hit them, they time the aim of lasers.

Which would make them light timers. AKA massively hypersonic.

And lasers pretty much never move at lightspeed in any media ever.

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: Timing the aim is much different than timing actual laser.

In Dragon Ball, there's literally nothing that suggests the laser is anything but an actual laser.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Dragon Ball, there's literally nothing that suggests the laser is anything but an actual laser.

Yes there is. Someone as slow as Goku moved out of the way. None of his other feats come close to this. That suggests that the laser is a normal blast which is pretty slow.

Beta-56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku stomps

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imperfect_cell said:

Yes there is. Someone as slow as Goku moved out of the way. None of his other feats come close to this. That suggests that the laser is a normal blast which is pretty slow.

Except his two other genuine laser timing instances. Don't reply to me again.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:
@imperfect_cell said:

Except his two other genuine laser timing instances. Don't reply to me again.

Nope. He has no lightspeed feats. And neither does the featless laser.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Call me when guy crosses radditz level

le0nhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By le0nhart

@darkraiden: kid Goku before training with popo is faster than mercenary tao who is faster than mach 14 in combat

Loading Video...

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Call me when Guy crosses Radditz level

lol.

Indeed... indeed.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono: A bloodlusted guy with unlimited 8 gates, no drawbacks at all, who moves so fast he warps space itself, vs a base goku with no kaio ken or super saiyan. Yeah, goku gets murdered.

Go back and read the thread, I've already shown that Goku is massively faster than Guy at this same time period and stronger as well as more durable.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: Stop trolling, just because you don't like a feat doesn't make it unquantifiable. There are literally NO feats of guys that are Quantifiable. You don't see me saying that his feats are unquantifiable. I even lowballed the figure just because we don't know the exact distance he traveled.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku.

Avatar image for saint_of_origin
Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Saint_of_Origin

@randomsid: Actually warping space is quantifiable. To warp space, you'd need infinite mass, to reach that, you need lightspeed. But I think I have my answer. I agree Goku wins.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: Stop trolling, just because you don't like a feat doesn't make it unquantifiable. There are literally NO feats of guys that are Quantifiable. You don't see me saying that his feats are unquantifiable. I even lowballed the figure just because we don't know the exact distance he traveled.

It's not quantifiable because there's nothing to dictate anything. Guy has some quantifiable feats. And matches people with quantifiable feats too.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How did this reach 3 pages, should have been locked already.

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Saint_of_Origin

@marshall_long: Blah blah. :/ Arguments can be made for Guy AND against Goku therefore discussion can take place, therefore no lock.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_of_origin: There isn't anything Guy can do that puts him at Namek level unless, I'm missing something.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: It IS quantifiable because we are told he flew from half the planet away and we know that Namek is larger than Earth. I even lowballed it because we don't know how much larger Namek is than Earth so I used Earth's size. We also know that it was in seconds as the scene directly before it has a character talking and when he gets there they haven't finished their sentence yet. I even lowballed that and said 10 seconds even though most sentences can be finished much quicker. So, while we do not know the exact, we can give a VERY close approximation of it. And by that he is MASSIVELY faster than anything Guy has shown.

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mudamudamuda: Wonder Woman has been known to having less durability against piercing weapons IIRC

Not saying your point is wrong though.

Edit: Nvm someone already responded to you about that. My bad lol.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on how fast DBZ characters actually are; if Guy lands a hit Goku dies.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

There isn't anything Guy can do that puts him at Namek level unless, I'm missing something.

Wank. That is all.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Guy only needs the power of youth!

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: Damn Sid, your debating like this is a CaV bro lol.

On Topic: why is everybody talking about Goku's durability? What about Guy's? Whats stopping Goku from one shotting Guy like he did with Recome? (It rhymes with DOOM. Couldnt help myself) A good straight elbow to the chest.

Sun-Wukong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Sun-Wukong

@saint_of_origin

Physical durability in the DB universe has never shown to be on par with their ki output and durability.

It actually has when Frieza took the spirit bomb which had another FORCE alone to crush the planet. There physical durability is the same, same Ki that amps there strength and everything. There is no such thing as beating a planet level guy with a country level punch. That makes you less then Country level then since it overcomes you're durability. Durability covers everything you can take.

That's why Guy has a chance here. Goku is angry, not bloodlusted, and Guy is. I realize that's giving guy an amp, but that's not against the rules. It's not spite, otherwise I would have just given Guy several more amps and Goku several more restraints. Goku is not real big on using ki to one shot his opponents, and even an angry Goku, would not pass up the chance for a sparring match.

Actually no he stands no chance, Goku sneezes and kills guy

We're talking about the guy who held back against Beerus, even though he was getting his butt handed to him. And to say anyone in DB is planetary in physical durability by this point is rubbish. Please remember, Nappa was fodderizing moon+ level Piccolo. And Gohan got in a kick that made him bleed. Do you believe that Gohan's kick is REALLY moon+ level??? This and many other showings have always proved that even though DB characters can bust planets with their ki blasts, and "shake the planet with their ki", does not mean they are at the same level physically. It is perfectly reasonable to understand that if Gohan made Nappa bleed, Guy CAN and probably WILL do damage to Goku. And it just goes back to the fact that what makes DB characters so intimidating is their ki. Goku still has that here, but it's not useful defensively against physical attacks, and he's not going to use it to one shot Guy. The no drawbacks and bloodlusted amps for Guy give him a chance, because as it's stated, Goku is not smart

He was never holding back on Beerus, he went all out on SSJ3, and doesn't matter, like Guy is any where close to Goku to begin with, Goku would touch him and finish him. Actually yes, Gohan will have that level of potency, like Thor hitting Galactus with the force of a billion supernovas yet only punching him through a planet. And they are the same physical, they just don't have the radius, and might gai is on the same boat here, without potency, Guy would be weaker then pain, Guy is only country level and higher because he overcoming Madara durability, you would corrupt fiction with his logic. That's what makes his punches so powerful. It's the person durability. This is a weak argument

. And he's definitely not going to see half the techniques Guy has coming. So unless you guys have FEATS that show Goku's physical capabilities, that are not "Oh he one shotted Recoome" because that's non quantifiable, please stop posting. I've seen DBZ from start to finish, and I know what's in character for Goku, and his character is a natural limiter on him to begin with. People in DB get physically hurt by people at levels vastly lower to them ALL the time, and it can do serious damage in a lot of cases. I'm fine with saying Goku can win. Or even take a comfortable majority. But a 10/10 stomp is not possible, considering at least a few times of those "10 matches" Goku is going to underestimate, and hold back at the wrong time, and get his face kicked in by a Night Guy.

He speed blitzes guy in his sleep, and yes, Goku one-shot recoome, that's mean he can overcome planet + durability. It's a complete stomped, I advise you also not to make claims like they are right without knowing completely about what you are talking about. He tanks Might gai strongest attack, even 23rd Goku can do so. This whole physical durability different from energy is just a load of shit, and makes no sense at all.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are really over-selling DBZ durability. What Guy can do with his fists - SSJ3 Gotenks was doing with his ki-blast spam against Buu. No one in DBZ hits as hard as 8-gates Guy does.

The only debate worth having here centers around speed - that's mainly because DBZ is supremely inconsistent when it comes to how fast the characters are - sometime's they're massively hypersonic or sometimes they're in the Cell Games yet apparently fighting at sub-sonic speeds so people like Hercule can keep up. Where does Goku on Namek fall into that chart?

Avatar image for deactivated-57b54fc9eb0d8
deactivated-57b54fc9eb0d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: Damn Sid, your debating like this is a CaV bro lol.

On Topic: why is everybody talking about Goku's durability? What about Guy's? Whats stopping Goku from one shotting Guy like he did with Recome? (It rhymes with DOOM. Couldnt help myself) A good straight elbow to the chest.

I've never actually done a CaV but sometimes I get passionate about the debates, especially when it seems to me that certain people are trying to massively undersell Goku at this point in the series. I could understand it at the Saiyan Saga(still think he would win, but a much better battle) but at this point he is just too powerful in every way.

Depends on how fast DBZ characters actually are; if Guy lands a hit Goku dies.

No, Guy is not killing someone that can no sell being punched through a mountain at the Saiyan Saga and this being a much stronger version of that same character.

Here, this is just an example. In this scan Recoome breaks every bone in Krillin's body with a single hit, the same Recoome that later gets one shot by Goku.

No Caption Provided

And here is the scan of Goku one shotting Recoome.

No Caption Provided

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By RandomSid82

@isaac_clarke said:

People are really over-selling DBZ durability. What Guy can do with his fists - SSJ3 Gotenks was doing with his ki-blast spam against Buu. No one in DBZ hits as hard as 8-gates Guy does.

The only debate worth having here centers around speed - that's mainly because DBZ is supremely inconsistent when it comes to how fast the characters are - sometime's they're massively hypersonic or sometimes they're in the Cell Games yet apparently fighting at sub-sonic speeds so people like Hercule can keep up. Where does Goku on Namek fall into that chart?

No, people are NOT over-selling DBZ Durability, these characters get smacked so hard they fly for miles and through mountains and get up like nothing happened. And the speed is not inconsistent. Hercule could NOT keep up during the Cell games, the only time they even showed him do anything was when the others were LETTING him. They KNEW he was weak and didn't want to just destroy him. Just like right after the cell games in the next tournament how android 18 lets him win their fight so she can have the prize money. And I've already shown his speed on Namek at being over 2920.485 times the speed of sound, and that was with a massive lowball figure as well.

As for the durability. This is during the Goku vs Vegeta fight from the Saiyan Saga, both got a massive power boost after this. at 1:40 Goku kicks Vegeta so hard he goes flying past several buttes, through the tip of one and into a mesa, a few seconds later Vegeta blasts the mesa apart around him like it was nothing.

Loading Video...

Also during the Goku vs Vegeta fight during the Saiyan Saga:

Loading Video...

He dodges most of the attacks of Great Ape Vegeta(who crushes and smashed buttes and mesas like they are nothing) but eventually takes a full force kick from him at 35:42 and still manages to get back up and keep fighting. And this is during they Saiyan Saga, his strength, speed, and durability all got a massive boost before the Ginyu fight on Namek.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: It IS quantifiable because we are told he flew from half the planet away and we know that Namek is larger than Earth. I even lowballed it because we don't know how much larger Namek is than Earth so I used Earth's size. We also know that it was in seconds as the scene directly before it has a character talking and when he gets there they haven't finished their sentence yet. I even lowballed that and said 10 seconds even though most sentences can be finished much quicker. So, while we do not know the exact, we can give a VERY close approximation of it. And by that he is MASSIVELY faster than anything Guy has shown.

No it's not. We don't know the distance or the time. Thus we can't judge it. Guy's faster.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tanking damage from energy beams isn't the same as taking damage from a strike. They are different forms.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid said:

No it's not. We don't know the distance or the time. Thus we can't judge it. Guy's faster.

Are you purposefully trolling? We DO know the distance and the time. Guy is massively slower. I've already explained this. Perhaps you should read a post and stop being biased.

le0nhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By le0nhart

@darkraiden: Raditz already dodged Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon which is at least 0.1 x the speed of light based on his moon buster

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:
@randomsid said:

Are you purposefully trolling? We DO know the distance and the time. Guy is massively slower. I've already explained this. Perhaps you should read a post and stop being biased.

Except we don't. Not time or distance was ever stated. you're just making assumptions with your calculations. And no bias. I like DBZ much more than Naruto.

@le0nhart said:

@darkraiden: Raditz already dodged Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon which is at least 0.1 x the speed of light based on his moon buster

Doesn't mean much. Ki blasts are always slow on earth for some reason, to the point that humans can see them move.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Christ both DBZ and Naruto are being over hyped as hell here goku 1 shots... but people claiming him to be planetary duarbility and ftl here. Then people saying madara beats this goku god this is dumb.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid said:
@darkraiden said:
@randomsid said:

Except we don't. Not time or distance was ever stated. you're just making assumptions with your calculations. And no bias. I like DBZ much more than Naruto.

@le0nhart said:

Doesn't mean much. Ki blasts are always slow on earth for some reason, to the point that humans can see them move.

Except we do because we know that Namek is larger than Earth and it's stated that he traveled half the planet. We also know that it was while another guy was still saying the same sentence he started before Goku started moving. What aren't you getting about it? We don't know the exact, but we can make a very accurate estimate of it. And if you think for one second that Might Guy is faster than Goku when it is shown that Goku is(at the very minimum) almost 3,000 times the speed of sound at this point alone then you are very biased.

And Humans don't generally see the KI blasts(except maybe Krillin), they see the resulting explosion.

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Except we do because we know that Namek is larger than Earth and it's stated that he traveled half the planet. We also know that it was while another guy was still saying the same sentence he started before Goku started moving. What aren't you getting about it? We don't know the exact, but we can make a very accurate estimate of it. And if you think for one second that Might Guy is faster than Goku when it is shown that Goku is(at the very minimum) almost 3,000 times the speed of sound at this point alone then you are very biased.

And Humans don't generally see the KI blasts(except maybe Krillin), they see the resulting explosion.

1. That's travel speed. Travel speed =/= combat speed here on the Vine.

2. If you want to use high end feats, Naruto was dodging Bijuu bombs that can be calculated (just like you calculate Goku's speed) to be Mach 10,000. Which dwarfs your Mach 3,000 estimate. And 8th Gate Guy >> Naruto in speed.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By RandomSid82

@saint_of_origin said:
@randomsid said:

1. That's travel speed. Travel speed =/= combat speed here on the Vine.

2. If you want to use high end feats, Naruto was dodging Bijuu bombs that can be calculated (just like you calculate Goku's speed) to be Mach 10,000. Which dwarfs your Mach 3,000 estimate. And 8th Gate Guy >> Naruto in speed.

1. Yes, that is travel speed, and if I wanted to use high end feats I would just use the dodging the Solar Flare while he was still a kid which put him at FTL COMBAT speed.

2. That is Naruto, not Might Guy, and again, if I wanted to use high end feats then Goku would be FTL as a child in combat speed and so far I've seen NOTHING to suggest that Might Guy is even close to that speed. The biggest estimate I saw was:

Guy himself is likely around Mach 4-7 as he's comparable to Sage Naruto in speed, and 8 Gates he should be at least Mach 30-100 range (maybe higher if we take the 100x boost seriously). I don't see Goku as that fast.

le0nhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By le0nhart

@darkraiden said:
@le0nhart said:

when did humans (ignore hercule) see the blasts while moving? Piccolo was actually surprised when Raditz dodged it, also a much faster Piccolo couldn't see Frieza's death beam which means their beams only get faster

we also have

Mach 14 < tao < kid Goku < popo < kami < teen Goku < Raditz < base Goku 10G < 2x kaioken Goku < namek Vegeta < burter < Namek Goku