@ghost_rider1: I thinking the same.

kagetaicho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By kagetaicho

Sanji would win. He's got Guy in every physical aspect except arguably when the latter goes into the 7th gate, which lasts for seconds and renders Guy immobile afterwards. It would not be enough to put Sanji down in that time frame either.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Dredeuced

Sanji could survive the 7th gate burst and until we see the 8th gate I can't say Guy has the stats to keep up with Sanji.

kagetaicho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By kagetaicho

8th Gate is a suicide technique so at best it would be a Double k.o. Sanji either wins or draws depending on that technique.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dredeuced

@kagetaicho said:

8th Gate is a suicide technique so at best it would be a Double k.o. Sanji either wins or draws depending on that technique.

Naruto has lots of "if I use this technique it will kill me!!!" moments so I'd take that with a grain of salt. Gai's got no showings with it so it's just speculation. I'd put 7th Gate Gai at around or maybe even above Sanji's level, but he struggles to use it and it leaves him helpless. Sanji should be able to hang with Gai at his best as he has demonstrated the ability to fight through absurd damage before.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ghost_rider1

Sangi should win this

anguslight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: ok i'm just reading you guys absurd comments and i must say you guys are completely and i mean completely underestimating guy i mean i know sanji is a likable person but still stop the favortism and research what gai is capable off

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: ok i'm just reading you guys absurd comments and i must say you guys are completely and i mean completely underestimating guy i mean i know sanji is a likable person but still stop the favortism and research what gai is capable off

Stop and think for a moment. The last post before yours was made 1 year, 2 months ago.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gai hadn't done any of the things that put him above Sanji when I made that post, so instead of bumping this thread with the sole intention of shaming me how about you pay the slightest bit of attention?

Nyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nyas

@pikachumonster said:

@anguslight said:

Stop and think for a moment. The last post before yours was made 1 year, 2 months ago.

And ? That only means 8th gate wasn't an option, 7th gate and below had already been used, and I think that's enough to put Sanji down...

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@kagetaicho said:

Naruto has lots of "if I use this technique it will kill me!!!" moments so I'd take that with a grain of salt. Gai's got no showings with it so it's just speculation. I'd put 7th Gate Gai at around or maybe even above Sanji's level, but he struggles to use it and it leaves him helpless. Sanji should be able to hang with Gai at his best as he has demonstrated the ability to fight through absurd damage before.

It's funny because of how true this was.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dredeuced

@thatguywithheadphones: It's almost like I have clairvoyance.

@nyas said:

@pikachumonster said:

@anguslight said:

And ? That only means 8th gate wasn't an option, 7th gate and below had already been used, and I think that's enough to put Sanji down...

I think Sanji's shown time and again he can take a beating and keep coming. He's got physical abilities that are very close to 7 gates Guy and Guy, at the time, was very clearly incapacitated after a brief stint of using the 7 gates. My opinion was that Sanji would survive the beating, Guy would tire out, and Sanji would take a very close victory.

I agree with my opinion a year ago. If Guy only had 7th gate I give Sanji the edge. With 8th gate Sanji is dead, very quickly, and Gai wins the fight with a couple minutes to spare before his 8th gate dwindles down.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gai should win this now, if he wants to kill himself.

anguslight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By anguslight

@dredeuced: omg gai does not have to go that far just to beat sanji do you really think gai would need that much power to take down sanji i mean sanji is strong and gai can put up a good fight without even opening not even one gate the only time he would have to resort to such a thing is if he wants to get the upper hand and gai is also skilled with his nun chucks plus he spent his life training his ass off for years not only does he have leg power but has arm power and remember sanji has duribility but gai attacks are as destructive as sanji

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By NighThunder

Guy stomps until sanji shows otherwise

anguslight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: gai is at sanji level without opening not even one gate sanji got speed and leg power and duribility if gai wanted to completelty turn the battle to his favor then he would open the gates but i dont think it would take that much gates to beat sanji

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The straw hats will have to look for a new cook their old one just got curbed

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: gai is at sanji level without opening not even one gate sanji got speed and leg power and duribility if gai wanted to completelty turn the battle to his favor then he would open the gates but i dont think it would take that much gates to beat sanji

I disagree. Nothing any Naruto characters short of the super elites show the type of speed one piece characters show (through benefit of ballistics tools that actually have calculable speed). Sanji's significantly stronger than dudes who bust giant warships with single attacks. I feel like I was being generous saying Gai has the upperhand with 7 gates because it's really hard to quantify just how fast or strong naruto characters are because all we ever get is "Gosh he's so fast!" with little showing of how fast, "so fast!" is. Atleast in one piece we know Luffy's a bullet dodger at the outset, it takes Naruto ages for us to even speculate that the top characters are that fast.

Just saying you think someone's stronger without giving reasons why is silly. Don't try to pretend like I haven't read both series and like I don't know what I'm talking about. You're going entirely off gut feeling -- tell me how fast you think Sanji is and how fast you think Gai + any numbers of gates are besides "I think Gai with gates is faster and stronger than Sanji." All I've seen opening the 4th gate, for instance, show is someone breaking supersonic in Naruto. OP characters are way faster than that even pre time skip.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: I'm not sure as much as I prefer OP over naruo GAi was distorting the area around him and was able to blitz ten tails madara I still think that sanji would win but GAi might make sanji work for it

Nyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nyas

@dredeuced said:

@nyas said:

@pikachumonster said:

@anguslight said:

I think Sanji's shown time and again he can take a beating and keep coming. He's got physical abilities that are very close to 7 gates Guy and Guy, at the time, was very clearly incapacitated after a brief stint of using the 7 gates. My opinion was that Sanji would survive the beating, Guy would tire out, and Sanji would take a very close victory.

I agree with my opinion a year ago. If Guy only had 7th gate I give Sanji the edge. With 8th gate Sanji is dead, very quickly, and Gai wins the fight with a couple minutes to spare before his 8th gate dwindles down.

I think you are confusing "pain tolerance" and "durability", Sanji has a very high pain tolerance since he is able to fight with broken ribs etc but the fact that his ribs got broken to start with only proves that his durability isn't as high as you might think. Basically guy can end this fight by breaking his legs or his skull, and he is more than capable of doing so.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dredeuced

@dbzk1999 said:

@dredeuced: I'm not sure as much as I prefer OP over naruo GAi was distorting the area around him and was able to blitz ten tails madara I still think that sanji would win but GAi might make sanji work for it

Please reread the thread and understand the context with which we were arguing. If you read even slightly further back you will realize I said that Gai beats Sanji with the 8 gates.

@nyas said:

@dredeuced said:

@nyas said:

@pikachumonster said:

@anguslight said:

I think you are confusing "pain tolerance" and "durability", Sanji has a very high pain tolerance since he is able to fight with broken ribs etc but the fact that his ribs got broken to start with only proves that his durability isn't as high as you might think. Basically guy can end this fight by breaking his legs or his skull, and he is more than capable of doing so.

Not getting KO'd by the hits he's tanked is durability, even if it broke bones. Tell me how fast Gai is then tell me how fast Sanji is -- along with WHY you think he's that fast. Tell me how hard Gai hits and tell me how hard Sanji hits along with some reasonable quantification of why.

People aren't thinking through what the characters have actually done and just knee jerk who they think wins a specific fight because of who has a more impressive looking fight. How fast do you think Gai is? Faster than Sanji without gates? Because that's how some people here are arguing it and I find it without merit.

Madara was wiping the floor and way faster than Gai with 7 gates. The difference between 7 and 8 gates is like night and day (I've been waiting to use that one, heh). Back when I posted that I think Sanji wins the fight there was no 8 gates and I had little to no reason to think that 7 gates Gai was even stronger or faster than Sanji besides just kind of guessing that he was -- I was giving Gai the benefit of the doubt. If I was being ultimately rational I probably would've sided with Sanji even IF Gai could permanently maintain 7 gates without giving out. But I threw a bone and figured it'd be more palatable if I said Sanji would be able to outlast the gates and beat Gai once he was tired out. I still stand by that statement and, now that Gai has obtained 8 gates which has done things like show massively Mountain + striking power and the ability to blitz someone faster than Kyuubi Naruto I can confirm how strong and fast he is, when 7 gates Gai hardly had anything close to hat.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 the_stegman  Moderator

Gai wins with 6 gates maximum.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't Lee on 6 gates during the Chunin exam? I know Gai is arguably better, but has he ever only opened 6 gates

Nyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Nyas

@dredeuced said:

1) Not getting KO'd by the hits he's tanked is durability, even if it broke bones.

2) Tell me how fast Gai is then tell me how fast Sanji is -- along with WHY you think he's that fast. Tell me how hard Gai hits and tell me how hard Sanji hits along with some reasonable quantification of why.

3)People aren't thinking through what the characters have actually done and just knee jerk who they think wins a specific fight because of who has a more impressive looking fight. How fast do you think Gai is? Faster than Sanji without gates? Because that's what some people here are arguing it and I find it without merit.

4)Madara was wiping the floor and way faster than Gai with 7 gates. The difference between 7 and 8 gates is like night and day (I've been waiting to use that one, heh). Back when I posted that I think Sanji wins the fight there was no 8 gates and I had little to no reason to think that 7 gates Gai was even stronger or faster than Sanji besides just kind of guessing that he was -- I was giving Gai the benefit of the doubt. If I was being ultimately rational I probably would've sided with Sanji even IF Gai could permanently maintain 7 gates without giving out. But I threw a bone and figured it'd be more palatable if I said Sanji would be able to outlast the gates and beat Guy once he was tired out. I still stand by that statement and, now that Gai has obtained 8 gates which has done things like show massively Mountain + striking power and the ability to blitz someone faster than Kyuubi Naruto I can confirm how strong and fast he is, when 7 gates Gai hardly had anything close to hat.

1)That's pain tolerance, not breaking any bones is durability.

2)Guy is faster than Sanji, 6th gate Guy's punches created flames with air friction :

Loading Video...

Sanji's kicks can't do the same, and NO Diable jambe is NOT the same thing since the flames of morning peacock are caused by AIR friction (from it's resistance), while DJ create the fire effect by rubbing the leg against something.

Also guy is stronger since 6th gate MP can momentarily stun a tailed beast as strong as the 6 tails, besides 7th gate would give him access to a potential island buster "daytime tiger", and before you ask "what island did he bust" look at the following scan and compare DT to the turtle island in the back:

No Caption Provided

3) Sorry, I don't see how that has anything to do with me ?

4)He actually had look above.

Nyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman said:

Wasn't Lee on 6 gates during the Chunin exam? I know Gai is arguably better, but has he ever only opened 6 gates

That was 4th gate.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Sanji is not winning this my man. Gai stomps hard.Wanna know why? Cuz he's a base monster.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dredeuced

@nyas:

1) It's functionally the same if the guy can fight at the same efficacy with broken bones. You can't just say "well he'd break his leg and he couldn't fight anymore" when Sanji fights just fine, if not BETTER, with broken limbs. It's an irrelevant distinction. We don't treat Sanji like a normal human who can't fight on after taking that damage. Considering he's taken the same hits that broke his leg to his head without being KO'd or having his skull cracked it's even more of an irrelevant distinction. You're attempting to make a point that's not there to make.

2) Now you're grasping at straws. Sanji's been creating flames, with his attacks, for ages without rubbing against anything like you're saying. Not that that's how air friction even works -- it's just anime nonsense logic that doesn't actually imply speed (unless Gai is causing nuclear explosions with his speed which, you know, he isn't).

Stronger? You realize the monster trio has been busting city block sized pieces of land mass since before the Enies Lobby power ups, right? If you want to use the animation, well then:

Loading Video...

This is the same pre time skip Luffy who could not hurt a pacifista even after he learned his gears. Sanji one shots pacifista nowadays. While Gai's attacks may have a very impressive AoE, they're barely comparable to pre time skip strawhat showings, much less the post time skip ones who are way stronger than they used to be.

3) Fair enough but you have to see where I'm arguing from and why you taking shots at those posts defending my reasoning from people may be construed as you're defending them.

4) I looked above. I'm familiar with the feat. It does not impress me nor makes me think Gai's stronger or faster than Sanji.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nyas said:

@pikachumonster said:

@the_stegman said:

That was 4th gate.

Ah, thanks. I thought he opened 4 and then 6! its been too long.

Nyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Nyas

@dredeuced said:

1) No, no matter how you look at it, these are two extremely different things.

Lets say that you have two fighters X and Y : X has a monstrous durability while Y has a monstrous Pain tolerance. Now lets say that both X and Y were to tank the same attack (an attack strong enough to crush bones), X with his high durability would tank the attack and be just fine, while Y after tanking the attack would have to fight with broken bones, and here is where the problems start...

No matter where X gets hit his durability would allow him to keep fighting as if nothing happened, while in Y's case his life is really decided by luck because : If that attack where to hit his arm, his arm would break and either end up as completely useless or lose a great deal of it's striking strength, If the attack where to hit one of his legs it would both limit his dodge and mobility in general as well as his striking strength and balance, if the attack where to hit his ribs, he'd have have to fight with broken ribs and while his pain tolerance would allow him to ignore that pain, he would still be in a critical situation since his broken ribs could damage his lungs or heart killing him, If the attack where to hit his vertebral column he'd lose control over his body (possible permanently) and end up paralyzed, and If the attack where to hit his skull he'd end up dead...

As you can see pain tolerance << Durability, because either way Y would lose a good deal of his fighting abilities, it's pure luck (plot) that no important bones ever break in one piece... because else Sanji would lose or end up paralyzed for life.

2) Oh ? why don't you show me then ? and too bad, that's how air friction works and just because One piece lacks any accurate physics doesn't mean you could call other feats non-sense and ignore them, because guess what ? That means one piece feats would be unquantifiable while Guy's punches aren't.

and I don't see how wall breaking and city block busting (which required Luffy hundreds of punches to do BTW) compares to island busting.... at all.

3) You don't need to take it so personally no one is attacking or defending anyone, my point is that I don't see why guy without 8th gate wouldn't beat Sanji nothing more.

4)Once sanji does the same, I'll agree with you, for now all we know is by feats : Guy > Sanji in both speed (Hypersonic) and strength (island buster)

@pikachumonster said:

Ah, thanks. I thought he opened 4 and then 6! its been too long.

No problem, anyway, Lee current Lee can only open 6 gates, young lee was stated to be only able to open 4 gates (when Kakshi asked Guy how many gates he could open vs Gaara, sorry too lazy to took for the scans lol)

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nyas: actually lee could open up the first 5 gates

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Dredeuced

@nyas:

1) You are acting like the fact that Sanji has monstrous pain tolerance means he doesn't have durability and that's why I'm calling what you're saying ridiculous. Sanji can obviously no sell plenty strong enough attacks if, say, a pacifista can't hurt him anymore. You're attributing a weakness to Sanji that he does not have.

2) Show you what? Sanji destroying a pacifista? I don't want to go look up the chapter but it happened. You waive off the fact that Sanji makes flames when he strikes since pre time skip One Piece as just...not being as strong because you say so. I disagree. My point about what Gai doing makes no sense is that just "making fire with air friction" wouldn't create little bubbles of fire you can shoot at someone. That's not how physics works and you can't determine Gai's speed by comparing with real worlds physics speed when he's doing something that is impossible. Air friction catching something on fire, besides that, is entirely based on crap like humidity, what the object you're trying to catch on fire is, etc etc. None of this creates little balls of fire that have pockets of concussive force, and even if that were possible, then shooting them would cause the fires to blow out instantly. Now do you see why using that feat in relation to real world physics as a testament to speed makes no sense? Doubly so when Sanji's been catching his body parts on fire for ages? That's why it doesn't make sense several times over. If Naruto is operating on its own rules then how fast does one need to be going to cause air friction to create little blasts of heat? Can you tell me how fast that is? Of course not, which is why you can't apply it to anything.

Moving on, Gai didn't bust an island, what the hell are you talking about? He made a big explosion ON an island, he didn't bust crap. The only reason the explosion was so big was that Kisame produced a bunch of water with his attacks. Hell the forest that he was right next to was completely intact after that attack because that's where they shackled up Kisame -- the one Yamato and Naruto were standing in while they watched the fight, despite the fact that the shockwave reached them. Go reread 506. I think this kind of shows how you're way overestimating Gai's abilities. Luffy punching through a hundred feet of bedrock actually is more of a feat than Gai kicking up about 20 feet of earth and sending it in a wake along with Kisame's water. The fact that the attack looks impressive because it's a big ball doesn't make it as powerful as you think it is.

3) I know, I shouldn't point this at you. But here's the exact words leveled at me:

"ok i'm just reading you guys absurd comments and i must say you guys are completely and i mean completely underestimating guy i mean i know sanji is a likable person but still stop the favortism and research what gai is capable off"

I take great pride in my logic and attempt to be as unbiased as possible when I comment on these battles. I'm not without flaws -- I've been wrong plenty of times before, but I DO know plenty about these two characters -- atleast enough to know to clarify even you on Gai's feats. I dislike being told that I'm showing favoritism or that I need to research the characters because apparently MY knowledge is at fault. My knowledge is fairly sound on this because, much to my chagrin, I've been following these two series since I was in highschool and it's become sort of a habit for me. While my memory is not flawless, it is very good and I have very reliable recollections of both of these characters.

4) Sanji has not done the same thing as Gai. He has hurt people who can no sell attacks from someone with better striking feats than Gai(atleast pre 8 gates Gai, again, I made this argument over a year ago, keep that in mind). It's a bit of transitive property but it's consistent within One Piece's universe that Sanji is oneshotting dudes who, pre time skip, Luffy in Gear 2 couldn't even phase despite the fact that Luffy could dish out and tank attacks in similar power to Gai's 7th gate pre time skip. This is ignoring the fact of how one piece has far more reliable means of gauging reaction and combat speed considering they're in a universe with ballistics (Luffy's been able to react to bullets since before the grand line, for instance).

anguslight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By anguslight

@Dredeuced: if already watched naruto and one piece then you must know that gai specializes in taijutus and the reason i didnt put evidence was because i thought this wasnt a full scale arguement btw i been hearing allot about sanji speed yet i never seen his speed in action. and i find it hard to believe that gai would have to go to 7th gate just to give sanji a fight. and dont gai run more then sanji even if he was being chased by those okama i seen episodes of naruto where gai ran miles with lee and does outrageous exercises which mean he is at equal or greater strenghnth vs saji and start opening the gates gai wins

Nyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Nyas

@dredeuced:

1)Funny because you are the one who was acting as if Sanji's pain tolerance was durability not, me and even went as far as saying that they are the same thing which is ridiculous. That's why I had to explain all that crap, and in case you forgot what I said was that "Sanji's durability isn't as high as you might think' not that he has no durability at all. And even more funny you are comparing Guy's attacks to some random pacifista, which are basically fodder at this point, as if you are trying to say that Pasifista > the strongest taijutsu Ninja in the Naruto verse which is also ridiculous BTW. Now It doesn't matter that Sanji has high pain tolerance and a good durability he will still get his skull open by guy's punches.

2)Show me sanji creating fire without diable jambe of course, since you are saying he has been doing it for ages. and sorry what ?

I don't want to go look up the chapter but it happened. You waive off the fact that Sanji makes flames when he strikes since pre time skip One Piece as just...not being as strong because you say so.

You say that I'm the one who uses the "because I say so logic" ? How hilarious ! You are the one who said you didn't even want to go look up some scans and that I should just believe you, you are the one who says that Sanji's flame attacks are as strong as guy's without providing any proof, you are the one ignoring that diable jamb's flames are not made by air friction, and you are also the one saying that Sanji is stronger and faster than Guy without providing any proof... wow...

My point about what Gai doing makes no sense is that just "making fire with air friction" wouldn't create little bubbles of fire you can shoot at someone. That's not how physics works and you can't determine Gai's speed by comparing with real worlds physics speed when he's doing something that is impossible. Air friction catching something on fire, besides that, is entirely based on crap like humidity, what the object you're trying to catch on fire is, etc etc. None of this creates little balls of fire that have pockets of concussive force, and even if that were possible, then shooting them would cause the fires to blow out instantly. Now do you see why using that feat in relation to real world physics as a testament to speed makes no sense?

This is the most "huh ?" worthy paragraph I've read in a while... Ok so first Guy wasn't creating and shooting bubbles of fire at Kisami, those flames you see are supposed to be his punches not projectiles, second air friction creating fires is primely decided by speed... that's why spaceships catch on fire when entering the atmosphere : because of their speed, and third some real life projectiles cause the same effect as what Guy did for example the "Railgun" can create flames through air friction because of it's hypersonic speed :

No Caption Provided

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railgun

EDit : Just noticed that Guy has two versions of MP one of each is indeed used as a projectile, but guess what ? the projectiles are not the fire but the air pressure caused by the punches, this means guy's punches are far aboves the actual projectiles since he could send compressed air projectiles flying at hypersonic speeds.... well played guy, well played.

Doubly so when Sanji's been catching his body parts on fire for ages? That's why it doesn't make sense several times over. If Naruto is operating on its own rules then how fast does one need to be going to cause air friction to create little blasts of heat? Can you tell me how fast that is? Of course not, which is why you can't apply it to anything.

Still waiting for those "catching his body part on fire scans", and didn't I already explain how diable jambe worked ? It's very very basic really, It literally follows the same principle as creating fire with sticks :

Loading Video...

Just switch one of the sticks with Sani's boot and the other with the ground or whatever he is standing on, and in case you didn't notice that's why he is always seen spinning before using diable jambe... Is this really too complicated ?

And actually one piece is the one with dumb physics... that's why about 99% of their feats are unquantifiable : Like how fast is G2 Luffy, how fast are his punches ? How does a rubber man's punches even hurt people ? etc etc

Can you tell me how fast that is? Of course not, which is why you can't apply it to anything.

Of course I can, each punch has to be around mach 7, good look up the link I posted. You turn then : Can you tell me how durable a pacifist is ? or how fast sanji is ? (I'll be expecting an answer)

Moving on, Gai didn't bust an island, what the hell are you talking about? He made a big explosion ON an island, he didn't bust crap.

lol wut ? the part of the island which the attack reached got curved... that means if Guy had used the attack on the island it would have all been curved that's what you call island busting. LMAO

The only reason the explosion was so big was that Kisame produced a bunch of water with his attacks. Hell the forest that he was right next to was completely intact after that attack because that's where they shackled up Kisame -- the one Yamato and Naruto were standing in while they watched the fight, despite the fact that the shockwave reached them. Go reread 506. I think this kind of shows how you're way overestimating Gai's abilities. Luffy punching through a hundred feet of bedrock actually is more of a feat than Gai kicking up about 20 feet of earth and sending it in a wake along with Kisame's water. The fact that the attack looks impressive because it's a big ball doesn't make it as powerful as you think it is.

This is some serious bull... The attack didn't reach Naruto and Co it was the shock wave from the air distortion, what this :

Loading Video...

Did you see the shock wave ? the camera tanked it perfectly, does that mean it could also tank the actual explosion ? Because that's what you are basically saying... : the island tanked the shock wave, so the explosion couldn't destroy the island... Simply ridiculous. You are the one way underestimating daytime tiger and overestimating sanji, If that thing hits him, he is getting wrecked.

3) Self-centered aren't we ?

4)First time I heard this : one piece's feats being more reliable than Naruto ? lol why don't you explain then : just how fast are one piece's guns ?

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Dredeuced

@anguslight said:

@Dredeuced: if already watched naruto and one piece then you must know that gai specializes in taijutus and the reason i didnt put evidence was because i thought this wasnt a full scale arguement btw i been hearing allot about sanji speed yet i never seen his speed in action. and i find it hard to believe that gai would have to go to 7th gate just to give sanji a fight. and dont gai run more then sanji even if he was being chased by those okama i seen episodes of naruto where gai ran miles with lee and does outrageous exercises which mean he is at equal or greater strenghnth vs saji and start opening the gates gai wins

Sanji is significantly faster than the hypersonic CP9 members. He also recreates Gai's "catching things on fire with speed" thing.

@nyas

1)Funny because you are the one who was acting as if Sanji's pain tolerance was durability not, me and even went as far as saying that they are the same thing which is ridiculous. That's why I had to explain all that crap, and in case you forgot what I said was that "Sanji's durability isn't as high as you might think' not that he has no durability at all. And even more funny you are comparing Guy's attacks to some random pacifista, which are basically fodder at this point, as if you are trying to say that Pasifista > the strongest taijutsu Ninja in the Naruto verse which is also ridiculous BTW. Now It doesn't matter that Sanji has high pain tolerance and a good durability he will still get his skull open by guy's punches.

No, you were the one who said he only has pain tolernace and not durability. Pacifista ARE fodder at this point -- that's why it's such a showing of Sanji's abilities, considering the fact that a character like Luffy who has better feats of damage output than 7 gates Gai during Alabasta couldn't hurt them it makes it quite the level of showing when he casually trashes one. Don't give me incredulity argument, prove to me that Gai with 7 gates hits hard than pre time skip Luffy -- Luffy's pre cp9 feats are a match for Gai's big 7 gate showing you showed off.

That you think Sanji would get killed by 7 gates Gai is without merit.

2)Show me sanji creating fire without diable jambe of course, since you are saying he has been doing it for ages. and sorry what ?

You say that I'm the one who uses the "because I say so logic" ? How hilarious ! You are the one who said you didn't even want to go look up some scans and that I should just believe you, you are the one who says that Sanji's flame attacks are as strong as guy's without providing any proof, you are the one ignoring that diable jamb's flames are not made by air friction, and you are also the one saying that Sanji is stronger and faster than Guy without providing any proof... wow...

Why do I have to show you Sanji making fire without using his techniques? That's like me asking you to show Gai creating fire without using his gates. You don't just get to say a character can't use their abilities to suit your argument when you get backed into a corner. I didn't necessarily say Sanji's flame attacks are stronger than Gai's, I did say that Sanji does the exact same thing as Gai by having attacks powerful enough that they put his limbs on fire. Sanji just doesn't magically shoot the fire off of his legs like Gai.

Sanji's style is literally that he moves his leg so fast that his leg catches on fire from the air friction (also kind of dumb, much like Gai's). Sanji was doing this pre time skip. If your assumption of Gai's speed is that he's so fast that he catches himself on fire then Sanji's been that fast since CP9. You can't just ignore the feat. I think Sanji's faster because he was doing things Gai was (catching himself on fire with air friction) since Enies Lobby. And we're using Post Time Skip Sanji, who's ridiculous leagues higher than he was before.

This is the most "huh ?" worthy paragraph I've read in a while... Ok so first Guy wasn't creating and shooting bubbles of fire at Kisami, those flames you see are supposed to be his punches not projectiles, second air friction creating fires is primely decided by speed... that's why spaceships catch on fire when entering the atmosphere : because of their speed, and third some real life projectiles cause the same effect as what Guy did for example the "Railgun" can create flames through air friction because of it's hypersonic speed :

You have completely missed my point. You can't catch your fist on fire with air friction and then SHOOT the firey punch at a distance while keeping the flame there because there's no material for the flame to burn in that scenario. What Gai's doing doesn't make sense (same with Sanji for other reasons). He's doing it because it's a nonsensical shounen and it's more about stuff looking cool than being based in sound physics. We accept this.

Still waiting for those "catching his body part on fire scans", and didn't I already explain how diable jambe worked ? It's very very basic really, It literally follows the same principle as creating fire with sticks :

Just switch one of the sticks with Sani's boot and the other with the ground or whatever he is standing on, and in case you didn't notice that's why he is always seen spinning before using diable jambe... Is this really too complicated ?

And actually one piece is the one with dumb physics... that's why about 99% of their feats are unquantifiable : Like how fast is G2 Luffy, how fast are his punches ? How does a rubber man's punches even hurt people ? etc etc

I agree that One Piece also has dumb physics (though rubber hurts quite badly when you get hit by it, I don't see why that's a problem). One Piece speed and reaction is just easier to gauge because they have things like guns and cannonballs that have definitive speeds to react to. You just have to guess with Naruto, or get these really silly things like "Kakashi can react to lightning!" because of a legend about him that's never actually been shown.

Oh, you want a picture of Sanji not spinning around to catch himself on fire? How about I show you him doing it while underwater?

No Caption Provided

I'll admit I can't remember if he ever does it pre time skip without the spinning you're mentioning, but even still he can clearly do it post time skip and we are using post time skip Sanji, are we not? So, if Gai's defining act of speed is catching himself on fire by moving fast enough, and Sanji can accomplish that while under water, why is Gai faster than him? Sanji's speed is comparable, his durability is comparable or greater (Gai doesn't take many big hits in the series for that matter), so I think Sanji beats 7 gates Gai by outlasting the time with which he can maintain the gates at a relatively even pace then beating Gai while he's drained.

Of course I can, each punch has to be around mach 7, good look up the link I posted. You turn then : Can you tell me how durable a pacifist is ? or how fast sanji is ? (I'll be expecting an answer)

A pacifista is durable enough to take a hit from Luffy in G2 at full power and keep coming. Luffy's striking feats include busting through a hundred feet of bedrock with a single punch with no gears up, which is better than any single feat I can claim for Gai without 8th gate (Gai's kick on Madara is more impressive than Luffy's punch when he goes 8 gates). I have no reason to think a hit like that wouldn't significantly damage Gai and Sanji is way stronger than that seeing as he can take Pacifista out with singular attacks.

Sanji is fast enough to react to and beat CP9 assassins who are massively hypersonic (capable of fighting and reacting to G2 Luffy, who himself was hypersonic BEFORE Enies Lobby and whom they blitzed before then). Sanji's baseline is Gai's 7th gate with just his Bien Cuit.

lol wut ? the part of the island which the attack reached got curved... that means if Guy had used the attack on the island it would have all been curved that's what you call island busting. LMAO

Ah, so in lieu of being corrected about Gai never having busted an island, you revert to thinking if he hit the island head on with his attack it would've busted the island.

Gai didn't bust anything in his fight with Kisame. His attack's shockwave wasn't enough to take out the surrounding forest(I know you address this later, I will get to that). I gave you the chapter to reread, the greatest effect his attack had was making a really big shockwave that kicked up a large layer of ground. The island wasn't even noticeably damaged by the attack. If Gai was an island buster in 7 gates I would agree that he could take out Sanji. He never busted an island and assuming he could has no basis in reality.

Gai in his 8 gates didn't even put out enough damage to bust an actual island. He was hitting harder than the Bijuu who could bust mountains, but, generally speaking, islands of the size we're talking about include multiple mountains and their entire sea bed.

This is some serious bull... The attack didn't reach Naruto and Co it was the shock wave from the air distortion, what this :

Did you see the shock wave ? the camera tanked it perfectly, does that mean it could also tank the actual explosion ? Because that's what you are basically saying... : the island tanked the shock wave, so the explosion couldn't destroy the island... Simply ridiculous. You are the one way underestimating daytime tiger and overestimating sanji, If that thing hits him, he is getting wrecked.

You're right. Now do you think this bomb you posted is an island busting attack? Because if it freaking were, that camera wouldn't be there. It's the same with Gai's attack. If that shockwave truly had enough power to bust the island, how come the forest a couple hundred meters away is completely intact? Why ISN'T the shockwave annihilating everything, when there clearly is a shockwave? The reason is his attack didn't produce enough power to stretch out the distance of the island and cause significant damage. If it can't destroy trees a few hundred meters away, why would the attack destroy thousands of meters of bedrock if the shock dissipates so weakly, so quickly?

Stop pretending Gai's an island buster. He isn't.

3) Self-centered aren't we ?

I like how you get on to me about how you weren't insulting me and how I shouldn't act like you were, then directly insult me when I apologize and show why I felt insulted. Kudos.

4)First time I heard this : one piece's feats being more reliable than Naruto ? lol why don't you explain then : just how fast are one piece's guns ?

Yeah. One Piece characters, speed wise, have ballistics which make calculating combat speed a lot easier from a base perspective. Their guns and cannons are strong enough to kill people and destroy ships so they're clearly comparable with real life guns, because that's how they work here, too. They use gunpowder and everything, there's no reason to assume they aren't that fast.

What does Naruto have, though? Blasts of fire and wind with indeterminate speed? People swooshing around faster than others can see (because One Piece has this, too)? Sonic boom visual effects (One Piece has had this for awhile)? Naruto has a lot of assumptions on things like base speed that then get scaled up when person X with base speed Y gets blitzed by person Z to determine person Z's speed. One Piece has this, too, but their base speed and reactions are a lot more reliable.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guy

Nyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: My Pc gave out yesterday, and I'd like to take this opportunity to upgrade it... so could you wait for a couple of days ? (Because I'm currently using my previous 6 years old piece of junk... and It's laggy as hell).

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nyas said:

@dredeuced: My Pc gave out yesterday, and I'd like to take this opportunity to upgrade it... so could you wait for a couple of days ? (Because I'm currently using my previous 6 years old piece of junk... and It's laggy as hell).

I'm in no hurry. This thread isn't going anywhere and I've already made my response.

It's all rather trivial as I think Gai with 8 gates wins and he's capable of using it now, I just don't like getting treated poorly because I made a post a year ago before Gai demonstrated these feats.

Nyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nyas said:

I'm in no hurry. This thread isn't going anywhere and I've already made my response.

It's all rather trivial as I think Gai with 8 gates wins and he's capable of using it now, I just don't like getting treated poorly because I made a post a year ago before Gai demonstrated these feats.

Fine then, once I get my new Pc, we will discuss this up to 7th gate throughly. And as I already said : I had no intention of attacking or defending anyone, really.

anguslight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: k so this arguement just got real confusing but i'm gonna try to explain why gai would win and how much of the gates he would open just to win the fight. gai has enormous strength able to throw one of the sound ninjas through a wall. as a result of his extreme and unorthodox training and has gained a strong and enduring body with immense reserves of chakra and stamina by constantly pushing his own limits. intense training has given him such tremendous speed that his movements can seem like he's disappearing to unfocused eyes,It was even shown in Part I that he was capable of repelling Gaara's sand attack with a single hand and Guy's extremely intense training routines has allowed him to handle opening the gates for longer periods of time, able to endure the sixth gate with only noticeable exhaustion. which makes me think that gai has duriblity or pain resistance as well opening the gates puts a huge strain on your body. it would probanly take 6 gates to beat sanji if he still got up it would take an extra gate which is 7th gate remember when gai opens the gates his speed surpasses sanji by a long shot . and op logic is very confusing here i see sanji getting put from a cracked rib and next i see him in pain when he hit that robot guy.

Avatar image for vintage_spiderman
vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Evening elephant gg

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anguslight:

k so this arguement just got real confusing but i'm gonna try to explain why gai would win and how much of the gates he would open just to win the fight. gai has enormous strength able to throw one of the sound ninjas through a wall

Throwing someone through a wall is not a good enough feat to threaten Sanji during the Baratie arc.

as a result of his extreme and unorthodox training and has gained a strong and enduring body with immense reserves of chakra and stamina by constantly pushing his own limits.

Sanji has trained a lot too, but he's mostly gotten powerful through off screen actions or generic shonen power ups. This isn't a reason why Gai is stronger.

intense training has given him such tremendous speed that his movements can seem like he's disappearing to unfocused eyes,

The strawhats have been too fast for people to perceive since before even Alabasta. Sanji has blitzed his fair share of mooks. This is a feat that, once again, isn't threatening to Baratie Sanji.

It was even shown in Part I that he was capable of repelling Gaara's sand attack with a single hand

Why do you think this is impressive? What is the most impressive thing Gaara, pre time skip, did with his sand? Block attacks from a dying exhausted Kimimaro? A guy who's significantly slower and weaker than both Gai and Sanji. It's not a relevant showing.

and Guy's extremely intense training routines has allowed him to handle opening the gates for longer periods of time, able to endure the sixth gate with only noticeable exhaustion.

We're mostly talking about the 7th gate which Gai has shown direct and quick exhaustion when using. Without the 7th gate Gai doesn't stand a chance.

which makes me think that gai has duriblity or pain resistance as well opening the gates puts a huge strain on your body

It's impressive, but Sanji moves that fast and hits that hard without significant strain on his body. I already went over this with Nyas -- Gai's showing of his attacks being so fast that he catches himself on fire through air friction during 7th gate is something Sanji can do normally. it causes no strain on him and is just his normal attack.

. it would probanly take 6 gates to beat sanji if he still got up it would take an extra gate which is 7th gate remember when gai opens the gates his speed surpasses sanji by a long shot .

I disagree tremendously. None of Gai's striking or speed feats without the 8th gate even look impressive compared to Sanji. I've pointed out why (Sanji, like Gai in 7 gates, is massively hypersonic and hits harder than Gai). You're going entirely on gut feeling of what you think Gai can do. Why do you think 6 gates Gai is faster than Sanji, legitimately? What feat can you quantify of 6 gates that makes you think he's faster than Sanji?

and op logic is very confusing here i see sanji getting put from a cracked rib and next i see him in pain when he hit that robot guy.

Getting put? What's that mean? Sanji's never been put down from a cracked rib. Sanji wrecked the Pacifista, if that's the robot guy you're thinking of. If you're thinking of Vergo then yeah, Sanji hurt his leg kicking him due to his absurdly strong armament haki, though Vergo is not a robot. That said the fight was called off for other reasons and Sanji never attempt to fight him all out.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man when did One Piece surpass Naruto in terms of power?

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man when did One Piece surpass Naruto in terms of power?

Naruto only started catching up the past two or three years with its endgame coming down the pipe during the big ol end war.

Erick_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Erick_Williams

Sanji should win mid diff

he is arguably faster, far more durable plus attacks deal more damage

not saying one hell memories would finish guy off, it would be a cool battle

BEYONDERGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Gai speed blitz

anguslight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: i missed spelled a word i meant getting up from a crakcked rib and next i see him hold ing his leg in pain after hiting a pacifia. any ways i must remind you these are two different anime and logic is way to confusing on why guy only flame up on opening the gates and why sanji dont have to open gates to flame up any ways i think sanjis heat or fire foot is a technque gai's attack is from sheer force it self and you do know that every time you open a gate your power and speed increase dromaticly did you see how much more power and speed rock lee has got after opening the forth gate its a no brainer that your gonna get allot more faster and hit hard after each gate you open. now i dont think we know the true extent of gai's seventh gate opponent was down for the count so i never got to study it more maybe thats why you think sanji is at guys 7 th gate level which i completely disagree i watched one piece all the way to episode 642 and i do not think sanji is at that level

Erick_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BEYONDERGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4