• 97 results
#1 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3630 posts) - - Show Bio

Morals on

They start 30 ft away from each other

They fight in downtown new york

Can midnighter win against marvel's top 3 most popular heroes??

#2 Posted by robertloucksjr (1837 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter dies. Spider-Man could solo.

#3 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3630 posts) - - Show Bio

In my personal opinion I think the marvel heroes might be able to find a way to beat midnighter

#4 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3630 posts) - - Show Bio
@robertloucksjr

None of the marvel heroes I jus named could solo midnighter. Its impossible
#5 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20445 posts) - - Show Bio

How does Spider Man solo...

#6 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey does't beat Midnighter.He could pretty much One shot team two if he gets in a clean hit..Pains me to say this because I hate Midnighter.

#7 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3630 posts) - - Show Bio
@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek
How does Spider Man solo...
He can't!
#8 Posted by capall2 (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm also tempted to say spidey should solo...regardless team marvel wins here...

#9 Edited by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

@capall2 said:

i'm also tempted to say spidey should solo...regardless team marvel wins here...

I'll say it. Spiderman Solos.

Although i'm not really sure..... heheh

#10 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@robertloucksjr said:

Wha-?.....

#11 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpideyPresence said:

@capall2 said:

Although i'm not really sure.

#12 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer said:

@SpideyPresence said:

@capall2 said:

Although i'm not really sure.

#13 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3630 posts) - - Show Bio

I think CA will probably get hit once and be KO'd. Spiderman will be badly hurt and wolverine will get the finishing blow someway, somehow.

#14 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpideyPresence: This meme war is over

#15 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer said:

@SpideyPresence: This meme war is over

I never posted memes

#16 Posted by capall2 (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

what has midnighter done to say he can win against marvels top tier street levelers here? the only reason spidey won't most likely solo is due to his morals on here... unlike midnighter, spidey and cap won't go for kill blows...spidey sense should be something i don't think midnighter can overcome easily not to mention spidey's physical stats should be above midnighter...if anything midnighter should have a hard time dealing with logan due to his insane durability...where's buckshot? i wonder how midnighter can compensate for logan's berserker rage also? i need more info on midnigher here...

#17 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

@capall2 said:

what has midnighter done to say he can win against marvels top tier street levelers here? the only reason spidey won't most likely solo is due to his morals on here... unlike midnighter, spidey and cap won't go for kill blows...spidey sense should be something i don't think midnighter can overcome easily not to mention spidey's physical stats should be above midnighter...if anything midnighter should have a hard time dealing with logan due to his insane durability...where's buckshot? i wonder how midnighter can compensate for logan's berserker rage also? i need more info on midnigher here...

Agreed.

#18 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3630 posts) - - Show Bio
@SpideyPresence

@capall2 said:

Agreed.

U was wrong on EVERYTHING u jus said......ok I'm gonna take both of u to school about midnighter. I dnt kno much but I kno enough to where spidey can't solo. Midnighter physical stats is jus as high as spiderman. He has super strength, speed, reflexes....etc. He has a super computer to where he can see the outcome of a fight before it happen. In an instant he can see every thing that can possibly happen in a fight before it happens, his mind go thru millions and millions of scenarios. So anything the heroes do. Midnighter computer has already seen it and can predict how the fight gonna end before it begins. Spidey can't solo. Wolvie can't solo. Cap can't solo. Its gonna take all three of them to beat someone of his level. He can also move faster than the eye can see and has enhanced senses as well. This will be very difficult for all of them to win against
#19 Posted by Kinasin_ (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter.

#20 Edited by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghost_rider1: His strength doesn't touch Spidey's strength. Also he can only stay at that speed for short amounts of time. I do not believe his agility and reflexes touch spiderman's either. I would also believe Spiderman's SS could counter his super computer as it makes him more unpredictable and harder to tag.

#21 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I'd like to say team marvel...That Battle Computer is srs bsns. 

#22 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3630 posts) - - Show Bio
@SpideyPresence

@ghost_rider1: His strength doesn't touch Spidey's strength. Also he can only stay at that speed for short amounts of time. I do not believe his agility and reflexes touch spiderman's either. I would also believe Spiderman's SS could counter his super computer as it makes him more unpredictable and harder to tag.

It would make him harder hit. But since midnighter has his $uper computer. He can counter everything spidey does until he get to the result he wants. Remember, midnighter know how the battle could end before spidey does. Spidey sense will help but at the same time it doesn't do much for u when he knows everything u can do before u do it.
#23 Posted by capall2 (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghost_rider1 said:

@SpideyPresence

@capall2 said:

Agreed.

U was wrong on EVERYTHING u jus said......ok I'm gonna take both of u to school about midnighter. I dnt kno much but I kno enough to where spidey can't solo. Midnighter physical stats is jus as high as spiderman. He has super strength, speed, reflexes....etc. He has a super computer to where he can see the outcome of a fight before it happen. In an instant he can see every thing that can possibly happen in a fight before it happens, his mind go thru millions and millions of scenarios. So anything the heroes do. Midnighter computer has already seen it and can predict how the fight gonna end before it begins. Spidey can't solo. Wolvie can't solo. Cap can't solo. Its gonna take all three of them to beat someone of his level. He can also move faster than the eye can see and has enhanced senses as well. This will be very difficult for all of them to win against

what evidence do you have to claim that midnighter's strength lvl is above spidey? everything you mentioned is his basic powers and abilities that you can read on his bio and wiki...how is his speed, reflex, agility, fighting techique greater than of spidey? spidey has one of the most unique fighting style in mu due to his physical abilities and his spidey senses...how's midnighter's durability and hf greater than of logan? his computer that can determine the outcome doesn't grant him auto win here as he is not aware of others unique powers and durability as well as their fighting techniques tbh...it's not like the guy had prep and is aware of their abilities...lol..

#24 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3902 posts) - - Show Bio

I say the team stomps....Midnighter would have trouble fighting Spidey and Logan one on one. I think he could beat Cap solo but the other two are more unpredictable, Pete's SS can make up for the super computer, and I believe he is superior physically. Logan is smarter than most people realize, he can analyze the situation quickly as well probably not as quick as Midnighter, but what does Midnighter do when Logan goes berserk. the way this fight goes is Pete and Cap go distract Midnighter While Logan comes in around and drops Midnighter then he gets beat by adamantium knuckles and shields and subdued with webbings.

#25 Posted by Saren (25112 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man would really not be the strongest or most durable opponent that Midnighter has trounced.

Anyway, simple solution:

#26 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3630 posts) - - Show Bio
@capall2

@ghost_rider1 said:

@SpideyPresence

@capall2 said:

Agreed.

what evidence do you have to claim that midnighter's strength lvl is above spidey? everything you mentioned is his basic powers and abilities that you can read on his bio and wiki...how is his speed, reflex, agility, fighting techique greater than of spidey? spidey has one of the most unique fighting style in mu due to his physical abilities and his spidey senses...how's midnighter's durability and hf greater than of logan? his computer that can determine the outcome doesn't grant him auto win here as he is not aware of others unique powers and durability as well as their fighting techniques tbh...it's not like the guy had prep and is aware of their abilities...lol..

The fact that he can basically see an outcome of a fight before it happens will make this difficult. His strength is unknown but he has shattered rocks with a chop and broke necks jus by grabbing them so he has super strength. It jus haven't been recorded yet. He has been known to move so fast that super humans can't keep up. I'm not sayin marvel team can't win. I'm sayin none of the heroes from marvel can solo a fight against midnighter.
#27 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Without doors I don't really see how Midnighter "one-shots" Spider-Man. Any experts on him want to educate me?

#28 Edited by Delta1938 (480 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghost_rider1: I've only read the first few TPBs of AUTHORITY(plus some specials), but from what I saw, Midnighter's battle computer doesn't work like that. It doesn't predict the future, it simulates battles. It helps him figure-out the best possible outcome, but I agree with those who brought-up Spider-Sense would throw it off.

As for the battle itself, I'd say it's a stomp for either depending on if Midnighter gets to use the Carrier or not. I could give Midnighter a majority against any of them one-on-one, but not all together, just using his powers. But if he can use the Carrier's Doors and firepower, he'd own. I remember an issue where he manipulated I think a couple dozen enemies, got them all into place, then used the Carrier to blast them all. But I only see Midnighter winning if he gets to use the Carrier.

#29 Posted by capall2 (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghost_rider1 said:

@capall2

@ghost_rider1 said:

@SpideyPresence

@capall2 said:

Agreed.

The fact that he can basically see an outcome of a fight before it happens will make this difficult. His strength is unknown but he has shattered rocks with a chop and broke necks jus by grabbing them so he has super strength. It jus haven't been recorded yet. He has been known to move so fast that super humans can't keep up. I'm not sayin marvel team can't win. I'm sayin none of the heroes from marvel can solo a fight against midnighter.

there is no dispute that the battle will be difficult on either side...the feats that you've mentioned above such as shattering a rock or breaking necks is something that can be achieved by every combatant in this battle so it's really doesn't mean much, heck logan can slice up metal with a single slash as well...lol...i ain't an expert on any of the combatants here so i can't say for sure, midnighter's processing the fight before it happens doesn't apply to characters with unique and certain abilities that he isn't aware of to my knowledge...such as spidey's enhanced senses and webbing, logan's hf and durability, logan's berserker rage, it's all unpredictable...hence why i asked for someone earlier who more likely knows all the characters well enough to provide us with a input...

#30 Posted by Saren (25112 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt: He's defeated people far stronger and more durable than Spider-Man in the past. Jack Hawksmoor is at least as strong as Spider-Man, stronger depending on which feats you look at, and more durable than Spidey as well (when his powers were off, he took blasts from a shotgun and a hit from a wrecking ball and had little to show for it). Midnighter fought and defeated him one-on-one:

Apollo is strong enough to lift continent-sized masses and durable enough to take the force of several nukes. Midnighter made him bleed with one well-placed hit.

Maul (whose strength increases the larger he grows) was taken down by Midnighter whacking his nerve with the proper force; and the version of Maul that Midnighter beat was bigger (and thus stronger) than the version that was manhandling Captain Atom.

Hellstrike was durable enough to take consecutive energy attacks from Majestic and Ladytron. Midnighter beat him with one hit.

Dawn could fling cars through the air easily, with one hand, and Midnighter killed her and all her companions while his powers were reduced to 70% capacity.

#31 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3630 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane

@BringnIt: He's defeated people far stronger and more durable than Spider-Man in the past. Jack Hawksmoor is at least as strong as Spider-Man, stronger depending on which feats you look at, and more durable than Spidey as well (when his powers were off, he took blasts from a shotgun and a hit from a wrecking ball and had little to show for it). Midnighter fought and defeated him one-on-one:

Apollo is strong enough to lift continent-sized masses and durable enough to take the force of several nukes. Midnighter made him bleed with one well-placed hit.

Maul (whose strength increases the larger he grows) was taken down by Midnighter whacking his nerve with the proper force; and the version of Maul that Midnighter beat was bigger (and thus stronger) than the version that was manhandling Captain Atom.

Hellstrike was durable enough to take consecutive energy attacks from Majestic and Ladytron. Midnighter beat him with one hit.

Dawn could fling cars through the air easily, with one hand, and Midnighter killed her and all her companions while his powers were reduced to 70% capacity.

Uuum yea.....midnighter is gonna win this. It would still be difficult connecting with spiderman but logan and cap would go down fast. And spidey will have to fight one on one and he doesn't stand a chance against midnighter one on one
#32 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: I was catching up on this thread and was about to get in here then I saw your last post. I don't even feel like unleashing. Maybe I'll just take shots from the outside.

@SpideyPresence said:

Support the bold statement with something solid please. I mean, if you're going to state it as fact.

How does the spider sense counter the combat computer if Midnighter's computer would take it into consideration and would able to see far beyond the spider sense and far more than it? Captain America with just simple tactics was able to exploit Spider-Man's early warning system (as others have in the past), so why couldn't Midnighter?

CB posted enough to show that Midnighter could one shot Cap or Spider-Man. To make it easy for Wolverine fans to swallow, we can say Midnighter fights him alone at the end and does better than Cap, who has given him plenty of even fights in the past.

#33 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: That's all impressive, I appreciate your insight (as always) and I am not arguing Spider-Man would beat him in a random encounter (particularly with doors on) but based on Peter's durability feats I don't see him one-shotting Peter. Peter has taken hits from Hulk and Juggernaut(s) and wasn't beaten with one blow, taken numerous hits from 75-tonners like Rhino, numerous hits from skilled 25-tonners like Black Tarantula before succumbing to them, battled Morlun for hours and so forth. Barring weakened condition, I don't think I've ever seen Peter get KOed by anyone by blunt trauma without a major beating and I don't see how 'Nighter is any different.

I don't mean to derail, but I'm curious if anyone has beaten Midnighter and how they did it.

#34 Edited by Saren (25112 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt said:

@CitizenBane: That's all impressive, I appreciate your insight (as always) and I am not arguing Spider-Man would beat him in a random encounter (particularly with doors on) but based on Peter's durability feats I don't see him one-shotting Peter. Peter has taken hits from Hulk and Juggernaut(s) and wasn't beaten with one blow, taken numerous hits from 75-tonners like Rhino, numerous hits from skilled 25-tonners like Black Tarantula before succumbing to them, battled Morlun for hours and so forth. Barring weakened condition, I don't think I've ever seen Peter get KOed by anyone by blunt trauma without a major beating and I don't see how 'Nighter is any different.

I don't mean to derail, but I'm curious if anyone has beaten Midnighter and how they did it.

Well, with the exception of Dawn (whose only feats are fighting and then getting killed by Midnighter) the other folks like Hawksmoor, Apollo, Maul and Hellstrike all have durability feats exceeding Peter's.

People have beaten Midnighter either with prep (Team Achilles defeated him after depowering him completely, reducing him to human levels) or if their stats were high enough (Regis, Seth) or if they had an attack that Midnighter couldn't endure (Sister Voice one-shotted him with her sonic scream, but that's not so bad considering her voice levels cities with a few words and was described as being laced with nukes).

#35 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been a while since I've read that massive Spidey vs Midnighter thread, but as I recall the conclusion was that Midnighter would beat Peter by getting him into some situation where his spider-sense would get confused or sent conflicting messages. Although Wolvie might be able to get back up from a Midnighter blitz, Cap's getting one-shotted, and Wolverine won't be healthy enough to keep up with Spidey and Midnighter. I just don't think the team really has any advantages in this battle over Spidey by himself, and Spidey by himself would lose.

#36 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt: It's not just strength but skill. Midnighter is skilled enough to incapacitate or kill opponents with pokes. Putting the superhuman strength he does have being well-placed strikes apparently brings about better effects than a random punch. And speaking of well-placed strikes, nerve strikes to deaden Parker's limbs (or just kill him) would also be effective.

#37 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot: Does he have an official strength rating? For instance, how would he fair against an opponent in H2H such as the Black Tarantula?

#38 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt: Very few official strength ratings in the WSU

#39 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8439 posts) - - Show Bio

Mightnighter wins here, but this is one of his tougher fights on the Vine. Sadly he usually stomps.

His primary foe is Spiderman.

In a sense they both have an ability that helps the react to events before they happen. The difference is that Midnighters gives him an incredible amount of detail, and allows him to act to win, not react to defend. With one glance at Spiderman he will see exactly what he needs to do to defeat him.

Secondly Midnighter has doors here, which should have been taken away. They give him an advantage massive enough he doesn't suffer to badly. One hip toss and Logan and his healing factor are removed.

Steve wouldn't survive ten seconds with Midnighter.

Which will leave Spiderman, who is just out of his league here.

#40 Posted by TERMINATOR1000 (1203 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty said:

Mightnighter wins here, but this is one of his tougher fights on the Vine. Sadly he usually stomps.

In a sense they both have an ability that helps the react to events before they happen. The difference is that Midnighters gives him an incredible amount of detail, and allows him to act to win, not react to defend. With one glance at Spiderman he will see exactly what he needs to do to defeat him.

Secondly Midnighter has doors here, which should have been taken away. They give him an advantage massive enough he doesn't suffer to badly. One hip toss and Logan and his healing factor are removed.

omg are you serious? you dont think the team would be a little to much, not to menton Wolverine is immortal and has indestructable armor?

#41 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8439 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATOR1000 said:

@Lady_Liberty said:

omg are you serious? you dont think the team would be a little to much, not to menton Wolverine is immortal and has indestructable armor?

Indestructible armor?

Alright then, tell me about this here 'indestructible armor', please.

I want to know.

#42 Posted by TERMINATOR1000 (1203 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty said:

@TERMINATOR1000 said:

@Lady_Liberty said:

Indestructible armor?

I want to know.

You don't know a whole lot about wolverine do you?

Wolverines metal is adamantium. it cannot be harmed, broked or even scratched.... Even Magneto can go so far with Wolverine.. He can stop him, stretch Wolverines metal out as far as he wants, but the metal still wont break.

Now thats what the indestructable armor is about.

#43 Posted by jashro44 (25493 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATOR1000 said:

@Lady_Liberty said:

@TERMINATOR1000 said:

@Lady_Liberty said:

Indestructible armor?

I want to know.

Wolverines metal is adamantium. it cannot be harmed, broked or even scratched.... Even Magneto can go so far with Wolverine.. He can stop him, stretch Wolverines metal out as far as he wants, but the metal still wont break.

Those are the adamantium coating on his bones not actual armor and I'm pretty sure magneto destroyed it once all though I might have to double check.

#44 Posted by JediXMan (31312 posts) - - Show Bio
@TERMINATOR1000 said:

@Lady_Liberty said:

@TERMINATOR1000 said:

@Lady_Liberty said:

Indestructible armor?

I want to know.

You might want to look up the word armor because it doesn't mean what you think it means. 

Noun. Defensive covering for the body.  

Note: cover. Only Wolverine's bones have Adamantium on them. There's plenty of squishy, unprotected body parts just waiting to be hit.
#45 Posted by TERMINATOR1000 (1203 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Ok maybe i shouldnt of said armor.

his metal skeleton would of been a better one? not to mention wolverine does have a healing factor as well.

#46 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kinasin_ said:

Midnighter.

#47 Posted by JediXMan (31312 posts) - - Show Bio
@TERMINATOR1000 said:

@JediXMan: Ok maybe i shouldnt of said armor.

his metal skeleton would of been a better one? not to mention wolverine does have a healing factor as well.

You said he has indestructible armor, which is incorrect. Yes, unbreakable/indestructible skeleton would have been better.
#48 Posted by TERMINATOR1000 (1203 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Thats what I meant. Indestructable skeleton, not to mention as i said the healing factor.

#49 Posted by JediXMan (31312 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyway, yeah, Midnighter wins this without trouble.

#50 Posted by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio

JXM-2 
Terminator-0.