Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I'm at a loss. I never know what to do with this one. I feel like these two are perfect for each other. They're skilled but savage brawlers that cause tons of damage and don't know how to lose. At one point I thought Ultimate Captain America and Deathstroke would round out an excellent foursome of "street level" gods (not that they're the best street levelers or that they even are street levelers, but there's something that I think they all share that I can't define with any other term but "brawler") but I think Midnighter and Wolverine stand out for some reason. And like I said, I think they're a good match, but sometimes I don't know who would win in a fight.

I feel like the two of them could have a knock down drag out fight that went on for days and would probably demolish a small town, but at the end of that, I have to say who won, and that's hard. I don't know the exact comparison (and for this, I don't really care) but I feel like they're physically pretty similar. They're both stronger than a normal human, but not superhumanly strong to a significant degree (a couple tons each or thereabouts) and they get away with slightly ridiculous strength feats and things like speed, agility, durability, stamina, etc are basically the same (low superhuman with random ridiculous feats) as well. So physically they're close enough that little differences don't matter. The next big thing is healing, and I think Wolverine's high showings beat Midnighter's, but their normal/regular showings are, again, basically the same. After that is the things that set them apart, not only from each other but everyone else. Adamantium and the combat computer. Adamantium is what lets Wolverine survive a ton of damage and makes his claws so dangerous. The combat computer is what lets Midnighter know everything that could/will happen in a fight and what to do to win. Those enhancements take both of these guys well out of the street level range and put them in their own class; I think I called my list of characters like this "super street". Anyway, the adamantium means Midnighter isn't taking Wolverine apart any time soon so they're in the fight for the long haul, but because Midnighter heals about as good as Wolverine, the claws aren't the game-enders they might normally be. Even forgetting the combat computer, Midnighter could take some stabs and slashes and keep fighting. It would be like Wolverine fighting Sabretooth. Factoring in the combat computer though, Midnighter is less likely to get hit. People have all kinds of trouble accepting what the combat computer has been said to do from its introduction, but even on the very basic level it should be clear that it would allow Midnighter to know Wolverine was about try and attack him and he could avoid that. Trouble is, I think Midnighter would enjoy this fight too much and wouldn't fight to his best (taking full advantage of his combat computer) as he's said he does when he can have a good fight. Either way though, he'd either be able to avoid or fight through the damage Wolverine is doing.

Sometimes I'm of the opinion that it would just go on for days and there wouldn't really be a decisive winner because Midnighter would have a hard time doing serious damage to Wolverine, and Wolverine wouldn't do enough damage to Midnighter fast enough to keep him down. But other times I think that Midnighter would be in control in this fight, knowing what Wolverine was going to do before he did, avoiding attacks he didn't feel like taking and striking at the perfect times (thanks to the combat computer showing him when wolverine is most open) and eventually wearing him down or working around the adamatium (ripping out his heart from beneath the ribcage or repeated concussions until they started to take their toll). Maybe it would be both. A brutal and lengthy battle but one where eventually Midnighter wins simply because he knows whats coming and can use that knowledge to get over Wolverine's physical capabilities (and in some cases advantages).

I'm tired. I don't know why I wrote this. I think because in threads it always looks like I'm saying "midnighter wins easily" since I think he wins and i don't spend much time on things like "it will be a hard battle" or stuff like that. I don't talk much about why Wolverine would give a good fight (because if i'm not supporting wolverine that's not my job even if i think some of the points made are valid) but i actually think he would and i felt like saying it.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Aiden Cross

Couldn't Midnighter just take his staff, stab it through one of Wolverine's eye sockets right into his brain. This way Wolverine couldn't heal up with the staff in his brain until someone pulled it out.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Eh, even going by Wolverine's best feats, I still see Midnighter winning this

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Saren

I'd rank Midnighter slightly above Wolverine in speed and agility, as I've never seen Logan hit someone faster than the eye could see. Logan isn't immune to nerve strikes either, so Midnighter can just go down that route. The odds are definitely against Logan because he's facing an opponent who knows every move he's going to make, is just as skilled as him and arguably more brutal.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By texasdeathmatch

@CitizenBane: Wolverine can definitely hit faster than the eye can see. But I do agree, Midnighter wins.

Ruvik_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Ruvik_

i'm going with midnighter only cause i thing he could best wolverine in a fight it will be a top blood fight

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Saren
@texasdeathmatch: I thought so. But Midnighter has done so from a standing position, about 10 feet away from his opponent, who was staring straight at Midnighter the entire time. He still couldn't see Midnighter's move. 

grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By grimlock

There's no way wolverine is pulling this

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Dex_Starr

Realistically Midnighter should beat Wolverine easily. His raw speed feats put him well above Wolverine's level [kicking that tank shell back to that tank]. His striking power is greater especially considering that Wolverine's claws make up the majority of his damage output. Even without his battle computer Midnighter should be fast enough to avoid the majority of Wolverine's attacks while landing his own. Wolverine has great durability against blunt force damage but he's not immune to nerve strikes or pressure points. Midnighter can easily land these by himself and even with his bow staff like he did against Impetus.

That's assuming Midnighter isn't using his battle computer, with it it's pretty much a guaranteed win. The only real chance Wolverine has of lasting a while in this fight is if Midnighter decides to have fun and engage in a brawl with him.