Midnighter vs the Joker

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

warlockcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By warlockcaster

Lets get one thing out of the way. Over the past year I have become a pretty serious fan of Batman. He is an amazing, badass character. Enough said. Recently I've been looking into Wildstorm comics and stumbled across The Authority. Their main hand-to-hand badass is Midnighter. For those who have not yet researched him, he is a cool character. He has insanely high levels of skill in hand-to-hand combat that are comparable to other high level comic book martial arts masters. But he is also a meta-human with significant superhuman strength (enough to rip humans to shreds with his bare hands), levels of speed and agility that allow him to move faster than the human or some superhuman eyes can see, and a healing factor. He also possesses an extra heart and a quantum computer in his brain that lets him analyze an opponent, calculate their abilities and weapons, and determine the best possible way to destroy them. Another thread on the vine basically established that without serious preparation, Batman would be (literally) ripped to bloody shreds by Midnighter. Being a Batman fan I had to read the posts before I was convinced. Midnighter seems to be a superhuman version of Batman with less gadgets and planning and more violence, killing, and direct brutality.

All random facts aside I was wondering what would happen if Midnighter subbed in for Batman one night and ended up facing the Joker. Joker has made his usual rounds of death and violence in Gotham and now waits in his hideout with the standard small army of goons with automatic weapons. However, instead of his favorite rival Batman, Midnighter swoops in and starts splattering his mooks with characteristic ease. I know that in a crossover the Joker's insanity prevents him from being analyzed by Midnighter's computer. However, Midnighter's other attributes still stand. Is this member of The Authority a match for the "Clown Prince of Crime?"

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Saren

Midnighter would butcher the Joker with ridiculous ease.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Erik

Finally! Someone that can soundly beat Midnighter. 

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By nefarious

Mother of God.......the Joker can't even beat Batman....and not even Deathstroke! This is beyond a curbstomp. 

(SMFH)

Halle Romanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Halle Romanova

No, he's not a match at all. Joker gets soundly trounced (understatement).

HughJass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HughJass

Although it was pretty bad writing, Midnighter's battle computer couldn't get a reading on Joker in the crossover. Not that it matters, Midnighter stomps him either way.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Nefarious said:
Mother of God.......the Joker can't even beat Batman....and not even Deathstroke! This is beyond a curbstomp.  (SMFH)
I don't know what this is supposed to mean. Deathstroke > Batman. He has beaten Batman.
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#8  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
No Caption Provided
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@Buckshot said:

No Caption Provided

I bet you've been dying to use that?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Supreme Marvel: It's been used before and by more than just me.

warlockcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By warlockcaster
No Caption Provided

@HughJass: I agree about the bad writing. Joker is insane, but he is also a genius and an amazing strategist. That means he plans out his moves. Which means Midnighter can read his moves. Even if he can't read the electrical impulses in his mind, his computer still takes stock of any guns, bombs, acid squirting flowers, and other weapons he may have. And Midnighter is an established bullet timer or even faster. With or without the computer any attacks thrown (or fired) his way would be easily dodged. Thanks for the replies. I always give the Joker a chance for the win. He is crazy like that. But in this fight the Joker's last moments would look like this.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nefarious
@JediXMan: I'm talking about in H2H combat. Also, I was just using DS as an example of who the Joker can't beat in a fair battle.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Nefarious said:
@JediXMan: I'm talking about in H2H combat. Also, I was just using DS as an example of the Joker can't beat in a fair battle.
Deathstroke beat Batman in what was mostly hand-to-hand.
Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Dex_Starr

Midnighter hates clowns.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nefarious
@JediXMan: I saw the scans of that, too. I was happy to see that someone can finally put this PIS hero in their place. Not to mention, I loved how it was colored, too. 
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Nefarious said:
@JediXMan: I saw the scans of that, too. I was happy to see that someone can finally put this PIS hero in their place. Not to mention, I loved how it was colored, too. 
I liked it. It was a rather well done fight.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By Erik

Joker's super insanity power will break Midnighter's battle computer. 

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nefarious
@JediXMan: Agreed, it was a fair and well-written fight. They fought in a very odd area. Though, I would like to know what happened after Slade owned him.
Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By termiteone4ever

Mid got this

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sideslash
@Buckshot said:
No Caption Provided
I think this scan is the answer to this thread. Especially if that SNAP! is the Joker's neck breaking.
Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Stronger

@Nefarious said:

Mother of God.......the Joker can't even beat Batman....and not even Deathstroke! This is beyond a curbstomp. (SMFH)
Iron_Turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Iron_Turtle

This thread just serves to remind me of how incredibly lame Midnighter's new 52 costume is.

warlockcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By warlockcaster

@Iron_Turtle: True, I like his old costume. He looks badass. Does anyone have the batman vs death stroke fight scans? That fight would be cool to see.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By ReVamp
@JediXMan said:
@Nefarious said:
@JediXMan: I'm talking about in H2H combat. Also, I was just using DS as an example of the Joker can't beat in a fair battle.
Deathstroke beat Batman in what was mostly hand-to-hand.
Without Powers Batman > Deathstroke. I'm guessing that's what was meant.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By Magian

@Erik said:

For some reason I really laughed when I read that.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sherlock

@ComicMan24 said:

@Erik said:

Why laugh its perfectly true

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By Magian

@Sherlock said:

@ComicMan24 said:

@Erik said:

Why laugh its perfectly true

I laugh. It's my thing :P

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Nefarious said:

Mother of God.......the Joker can't even beat Batman....and not even Deathstroke! This is beyond a curbstomp. (SMFH)

Funny fact,Joker HAS beaten Deathstroke.

grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By grimlock

Joker gets killed before he has a chance to do anything! joker counts on his rival's inability to go all the way (kill him) but mid has no qualms ripping his head off in a heartbeat

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By saiyan_earthling

Midnighter murders

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#31  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero

Beat me to it LOL

knighteagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By knighteagle

I know its a little late to post, but hasn't anyone here read DC Wildstorm dream war? There was a face off between joker and midnighter, I wont spoil how it happened but not like all have you predicted, gotta give the joker more credit.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#33  Edited By Saren

@knighteagle said:

I know its a little late to post, but hasn't anyone here read DC Wildstorm dream war? There was a face off between joker and midnighter, I wont spoil how it happened but not like all have you predicted, gotta give the joker more credit.

Bad writing in a series filled with bad writing.

bickabickawow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By bickabickawow

midnighter.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#35  Edited By Joygirl

This is not really a fair fight. Midnighter is far out of any human character's league.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@knighteagle said:

That story was mentioned in the thread already. And was also mentioned, the story was not without some bad writing. And just applying what is know of the characters would suggest that even if Midnighter couldn't read Joker, he'd still be able to punt the clown's head off before he could react. Joker got more credit than he deserved already.

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By clemj

midnighter

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i know iam going to catch heat for this but i must question midnighter's ability to read joker

1. joker is meant to be difficult to read he is unpredictable and like iron will is like a power guys who have it like batman superman spiderman DR Doom magneto can resist telepathy and many different forms of mind control out of sheer force of will the joker's craziness has worked in a similar fashion like when scarecrow couldn't use his fear toxin on him and manhunter could barely mess with his head for long without losing it himself.

2. midnighter powers read that his powers read extra electrical pulses of people with powers i am unsure if he has ever used it on someone who hasn't show me if he has.

3. even if his powers work on regular humans joker's brain is wired differently who says it would work the same as others.

and if midnighter can't read him joker has a solid shot.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Midnighter

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Noone301994

Joker sprays him with laughing gas.

GG.

No Caption Provided

Slade-Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Slade-Wilson

@comic_book_fan: Even if Midnighter's computer can't predict The Joker's moves, and there is a good chance that's possible, The Joker still doesn't stand a chance as Midnighter could simply whack Joker's head off before he even reacts.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By comic_book_fan

joker has home court and midnighter can't read him midnighter isn't as smart as bruce without his computer joker has a good shot.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously this thread was bumped because everyone got it wrong. How the hell is Batman with superpowers and Punisher's morals supposed to defeat the Joker who thought Batman was going to show up? Clearly Joker owns Midnighter. While we're at it, Kingpin vs. Mr. Majestic in a similar scenario. Any takers?

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By comic_book_fan

@indomitableregal: thats not at all the same you have a dumber version of batman with enhanced attributes fighting a character that bruce usually beats because he has studded him for years midnighter has wolverine tendecies and not nearly as good of a healing factor he has a good chance of setting off explosives or falling in an incinerator or inhaling poisons.

by the way midnighter is far from majestic class.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: Alright then all sarcasm aside, Midnighter wins. Bruce and Joker have this ongoing chess game, and more than anything, even more than actually killing him, Joker wants to break Batman. There's always an underlying...drama?...every time they face off. Batman has the physicals to end Joker at any point, but that's the twisted side of it. Joker knows that if forces Bruce to kill him, or anyone else, he ultimately loses. That's not going to be an issue for Midnighter. Midnighter doesn't have the same constraints as Batman and has superhuman physicals. You don't think Joker will be surprised to see someone swoop in and start offing all his goons?

Also ,I'm well aware that Midnighter isn't in Majestic's league. The point was pitting a villain who's a good challenge for their normal adversary and pitting them against someone they have no business fighting.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indomitableregal: on the point of killing goons i don't think joker would care unless he thought it was batman doing it and he knows batman well enough to know mindnighter is not him and both batman and joker make it a habbit to go against people they have no business fighting and they have a knack for winning those fights once he see it's not batman he would leave and set the place to blow while throwing obstacles at midnighter joker doesn't want to kill batman either but he won't give a damn about killing midnighter.

midnighter has the edge in most fights i am just saying with this setup joker has a solid chance to win.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indomitableregal: on the point of killing goons i don't think joker would care unless he thought it was batman doing it and he knows batman well enough to know mindnighter is not him and both batman and joker make it a habbit to go against people they have no business fighting and they have a knack for winning those fights once he see it's not batman he would leave and set the place to blow while throwing obstacles at midnighter joker doesn't want to kill batman either but he won't give a damn about killing midnighter.

midnighter has the edge in most fights i am just saying with this setup joker has a solid chance to win.

He has a 100% of dying.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@comic_book_fan: yes he does, Midnighter doesn't have telepathy that's not how his powers work. He will read Joker and he will rip his spine out.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Midnighter will destroy joker's ass!