#1 Edited by warlockcaster (49 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets get one thing out of the way. Over the past year I have become a pretty serious fan of Batman. He is an amazing, badass character. Enough said. Recently I've been looking into Wildstorm comics and stumbled across The Authority. Their main hand-to-hand badass is Midnighter. For those who have not yet researched him, he is a cool character. He has insanely high levels of skill in hand-to-hand combat that are comparable to other high level comic book martial arts masters. But he is also a meta-human with significant superhuman strength (enough to rip humans to shreds with his bare hands), levels of speed and agility that allow him to move faster than the human or some superhuman eyes can see, and a healing factor. He also possesses an extra heart and a quantum computer in his brain that lets him analyze an opponent, calculate their abilities and weapons, and determine the best possible way to destroy them. Another thread on the vine basically established that without serious preparation, Batman would be (literally) ripped to bloody shreds by Midnighter. Being a Batman fan I had to read the posts before I was convinced. Midnighter seems to be a superhuman version of Batman with less gadgets and planning and more violence, killing, and direct brutality.

All random facts aside I was wondering what would happen if Midnighter subbed in for Batman one night and ended up facing the Joker. Joker has made his usual rounds of death and violence in Gotham and now waits in his hideout with the standard small army of goons with automatic weapons. However, instead of his favorite rival Batman, Midnighter swoops in and starts splattering his mooks with characteristic ease. I know that in a crossover the Joker's insanity prevents him from being analyzed by Midnighter's computer. However, Midnighter's other attributes still stand. Is this member of The Authority a match for the "Clown Prince of Crime?"

#2 Posted by Saren (25609 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter would butcher the Joker with ridiculous ease.

#3 Posted by Erik (32220 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally! Someone that can soundly beat Midnighter. 

#4 Edited by Nefarious (19658 posts) - - Show Bio

Mother of God.......the Joker can't even beat Batman....and not even Deathstroke! This is beyond a curbstomp. 

(SMFH)

#5 Posted by Halle Romanova (500 posts) - - Show Bio

No, he's not a match at all. Joker gets soundly trounced (understatement).

#6 Posted by HughJass (375 posts) - - Show Bio

Although it was pretty bad writing, Midnighter's battle computer couldn't get a reading on Joker in the crossover. Not that it matters, Midnighter stomps him either way.

#7 Posted by JediXMan (30266 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nefarious said:
Mother of God.......the Joker can't even beat Batman....and not even Deathstroke! This is beyond a curbstomp.  (SMFH)
I don't know what this is supposed to mean. Deathstroke > Batman. He has beaten Batman.
#8 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot said:

I bet you've been dying to use that?

#10 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel: It's been used before and by more than just me.

#11 Edited by warlockcaster (49 posts) - - Show Bio

@HughJass: I agree about the bad writing. Joker is insane, but he is also a genius and an amazing strategist. That means he plans out his moves. Which means Midnighter can read his moves. Even if he can't read the electrical impulses in his mind, his computer still takes stock of any guns, bombs, acid squirting flowers, and other weapons he may have. And Midnighter is an established bullet timer or even faster. With or without the computer any attacks thrown (or fired) his way would be easily dodged. Thanks for the replies. I always give the Joker a chance for the win. He is crazy like that. But in this fight the Joker's last moments would look like this.

#12 Edited by Nefarious (19658 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: I'm talking about in H2H combat. Also, I was just using DS as an example of who the Joker can't beat in a fair battle.
#13 Posted by JediXMan (30266 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nefarious said:
@JediXMan: I'm talking about in H2H combat. Also, I was just using DS as an example of the Joker can't beat in a fair battle.
Deathstroke beat Batman in what was mostly hand-to-hand.
#14 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter hates clowns.

#15 Posted by Nefarious (19658 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: I saw the scans of that, too. I was happy to see that someone can finally put this PIS hero in their place. Not to mention, I loved how it was colored, too. 
#16 Posted by JediXMan (30266 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nefarious said:
@JediXMan: I saw the scans of that, too. I was happy to see that someone can finally put this PIS hero in their place. Not to mention, I loved how it was colored, too. 
I liked it. It was a rather well done fight.
#17 Posted by Erik (32220 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker's super insanity power will break Midnighter's battle computer. 

#18 Posted by Nefarious (19658 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: Agreed, it was a fair and well-written fight. They fought in a very odd area. Though, I would like to know what happened after Slade owned him.
#19 Posted by termiteone4ever (7172 posts) - - Show Bio

Mid got this

#20 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buckshot said:
I think this scan is the answer to this thread. Especially if that SNAP! is the Joker's neck breaking.
#21 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

Mother of God.......the Joker can't even beat Batman....and not even Deathstroke! This is beyond a curbstomp. (SMFH)
#22 Posted by Iron_Turtle (582 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread just serves to remind me of how incredibly lame Midnighter's new 52 costume is.

#23 Edited by warlockcaster (49 posts) - - Show Bio

@Iron_Turtle: True, I like his old costume. He looks badass. Does anyone have the batman vs death stroke fight scans? That fight would be cool to see.

#24 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
@Nefarious said:
@JediXMan: I'm talking about in H2H combat. Also, I was just using DS as an example of the Joker can't beat in a fair battle.
Deathstroke beat Batman in what was mostly hand-to-hand.
Without Powers Batman > Deathstroke. I'm guessing that's what was meant.
#25 Posted by ComicMan24 (147080 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

For some reason I really laughed when I read that.

#26 Posted by Sherlock (7255 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24 said:

@Erik said:

Why laugh its perfectly true

#27 Posted by ComicMan24 (147080 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sherlock said:

@ComicMan24 said:

@Erik said:

Why laugh its perfectly true

I laugh. It's my thing :P

#28 Posted by entropy_aegis (15176 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

Mother of God.......the Joker can't even beat Batman....and not even Deathstroke! This is beyond a curbstomp. (SMFH)

Funny fact,Joker HAS beaten Deathstroke.

#29 Posted by grimlock (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker gets killed before he has a chance to do anything! joker counts on his rival's inability to go all the way (kill him) but mid has no qualms ripping his head off in a heartbeat

#30 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5440 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter murders

#31 Posted by Nerd Of A Hero (862 posts) - - Show Bio

Beat me to it LOL

#32 Posted by knighteagle (22 posts) - - Show Bio

I know its a little late to post, but hasn't anyone here read DC Wildstorm dream war? There was a face off between joker and midnighter, I wont spoil how it happened but not like all have you predicted, gotta give the joker more credit.

#33 Posted by Saren (25609 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighteagle said:

I know its a little late to post, but hasn't anyone here read DC Wildstorm dream war? There was a face off between joker and midnighter, I wont spoil how it happened but not like all have you predicted, gotta give the joker more credit.

Bad writing in a series filled with bad writing.

#34 Posted by bickabickawow (125 posts) - - Show Bio

midnighter.

#35 Posted by Joygirl (19387 posts) - - Show Bio

This is not really a fair fight. Midnighter is far out of any human character's league.

#36 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighteagle said:

That story was mentioned in the thread already. And was also mentioned, the story was not without some bad writing. And just applying what is know of the characters would suggest that even if Midnighter couldn't read Joker, he'd still be able to punt the clown's head off before he could react. Joker got more credit than he deserved already.

#37 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

midnighter