#1 Edited by LightningGod67 (240 posts) - - Show Bio

Rules: 

The fight takes place in Times Square. CIS will remain on. They randomly encounter each other. Win is by Death Only. Recent versions of both. Midnighter has his usual gear.

#2 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy should win this one, although CIS on makes me nervous saying anything againt Midnighter.

#3 Posted by Saren (25125 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless by CIS you mean.......no, I really can't think of a scenario where Midnighter wins.

#4 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

Unless by CIS you mean.......no, I really can't think of a scenario where Midnighter wins.

He could pull a Drake and make Superboy lose his concentration. 

Then again, I haven't read Superboy in three months and he already was extremely powerful by that time anyway. 
#5 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

He opens one of his stupid magic doors and BFRs Superboy. No wait his CPU tells him where Superboy soft spot his and he KOs. Oh oh theres more, he could cut Superboy in half with a Door thingy mijiger.  

Midnighter always wins on the Vine.
#6 Posted by LightningGod67 (240 posts) - - Show Bio

Pull a Drake? Interesting. 

#7 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6625 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@CitizenBane said:

He could pull a Drake and make Superboy lose his concentration.

Then again, I haven't read Superboy in three months and he already was extremely powerful by that time anyway.

Is that like pulling someone's finger? Tends to make one lose one's concentration as well that does.

#8 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

#9 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
@Super_SoldierXII: Tim evaded Superboy long enough to taunt him with carefully selected words and break his concentration. DCnU Superboy has to will his powers into effect (including durability), so loss of concetration essentially makes him very vulnerable. Tim had him on the ropes until Kon regained composure and one-shotted him. In the same issue Superboy soloed all the Titans (with relative ease, too), but Tim's wits actually brought him closer to besting Kon that anyone else did.
#10 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6625 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@Super_SoldierXII: Tim evaded Superboy long enough to taunt him with carefully selected words and break his concentration. DCnU Superboy has to will his powers into effect (including durability), so loss of concetration essentially makes him very vulnerable. Tim had him on the ropes until Kon regained composure and one-shotted him. In the same issue Superboy soloed all the Titans (with relative ease, too), but Tim's wits actually brought him closer to besting Kon that anyone else did.

Gotcha.

I was simply being playfully facetious but thanks for clarifying! Did not know DCnU's Superboy's powers are 'will' based like that. Only DCnU book I've been reading rather religious is Batman.

#11 Posted by TDK_1997 (15110 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't see Midnighter winning this.

#12 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12409 posts) - - Show Bio

The boy wins

#13 Posted by MisterWhisper (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

While I do not like it, Midnighter does have a chance here. Like said earlier, SB has to concentrate to used ANY of his powers, even his durability. Midnighter could strike at nerve centers, sharp blows to the ears and eyes, and more to quickly throw off SB's concentration, if he can pull that off, and with his computer, speed, and combat skills he could. He could win this.

#14 Posted by soundgarden (109 posts) - - Show Bio

superboy

#15 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8439 posts) - - Show Bio

With CIS on? Well, no one can act as stupidly as a kyrptionian. So that's not a good start for Superboy.

With CIS on he is going to do all that dumb stuff comic characters do. To start with he will just float in the air and lecture Midnighter, instead of blitzing him.

Second he will engage in conversation that lets Midnighter distract him, and ruin his concentration.

Third he will probably decide to take a few punches to show how powerful he is.

Then he'll probably get snipped in half by a door, or teleported to the heart of a red sun or something.

I understand the need to give Midnighter something here, but CIS can really mess with a battle. People can act really, really, really foolishly.

#16 Posted by MisterWhisper (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty: This is why people in the real world should not have powers, we would be smarter about using them than most of the people in comics. Personally if I had powers, nobody would ever know about it.

#17 Posted by Saren (25125 posts) - - Show Bio

On that train of thought, Rose Wilson defeated Superboy via concentration loss.

Just putting that out there.

#18 Posted by Saren (25125 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, Midnighter hasn't demonstrated any creative uses of the doors so far.

#19 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8439 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

On that train of thought, Rose Wilson defeated Superboy via concentration loss.

Just putting that out there.

If Rose can do this with CIS on, then Midnighter can.