Midnighter vs Spot

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sandiego008

Typical gear, morals off, takes place in an abandoned warehouse, fighters start 100 yards away. Fight to death or k.o. Who wins? No Prep.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Soul_Rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Soul_Rebel

I see Midnighter taking this, it would be extremely difficult, but he can still take it.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@Soul_Rebel said:

I see Midnighter taking this, it would be extremely difficult, but he can still take it.

This

Love your new avatar btw!

Soul_Rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Soul_Rebel

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Thanks, got it from a friend.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@Soul_Rebel: It's good. :)

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jezer

@Soul_Rebel said:

Why would it be difficult?

Soul_Rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Soul_Rebel

@Jezer: Because even though Midnighter has a computer in his head, Spot has an impressive power that's pretty hard to get around. Even for someone like Midnighter.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By dernman  Online

I would love to see Spot beat the hell out of Midnighter. XD

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By Strider1992

Spot is one of those people who's powers used to their full potential could make him an incredible powerfully character but due to writing he's held back.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sandiego008

@Strider92 said:

Spot is one of those people who's powers used to their full potential could make him an incredible powerfully character but due to writing he's held back.

Yea i loved the character when I saw him first back in the early 90's against spiderman ... then he dropped off the map. Glad to see he's back. I'm going to vote for spot ... in a very tough matchup.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jezer

@Soul_Rebel said:

@Jezer: Because even though Midnighter has a computer in his head, Spot has an impressive power that's pretty hard to get around. Even for someone like Midnighter.

I don't see how it's hard to get around.

For example, in the picture in the OP Spiderman tries to punch Spot's face and ends up punching a spot - leading to him punching himself.

What would happen if Midnighter was in that exact situation? He would know that the spot would end up there and punch a non-spotted area instead. Because his Battle Computer shows him when and where the spots will show up.

.....I just don't see how Midnighter's Battle Computer doesn't make this an easy battle of timing and seizing the windows of opportunity that have already been plotted out in his mind.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sandiego008

@Jezer: I'm not sure his battle computer would be able to analyze exactly what "spot" the punch would come out of ... from picture spiderman punched him but who is to say the punch isn't redirected to hit his knee instead of his face? This is what makes this battle interesting as I don't think midnighter would be able to fully predict how the fight will go.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jezer

@sandiego008 said:

@Jezer: I'm not sure his battle computer would be able to analyze exactly what "spot" the punch would come out of ... from picture spiderman punched him but who is to say the punch isn't redirected to hit his knee instead of his face? This is what makes this battle interesting as I don't think midnighter would be able to fully predict how the fight will go.

I was actually saying that Midnighter would not be in the situation where he punched a spot that led to one aimed at his face or knee or any body part,

because he would know where and when to aim to hit a part of Spot's body where there isn't a spot.

But, why wouldn't his battle computer be able to analyze where the spots lead?

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sandiego008

@Jezer: Im assuming b/c it is exactly that ... a computer ... there is no prep so he has no idea on spots power set or how it works. It would detect and realize how the power works pretty fast ... but from what I've seen there has not been anyway to predict what spot an incoming attack comes out of.

I'm pretty sure the spots on spots body move so that you hit them ... so you aren't exactly hitting the white area on him.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jezer

@sandiego008 said:

@Jezer: Im assuming b/c it is exactly that ... a computer ... there is no prep so he has no idea on spots power set or how it works. It would detect and realize how the power works pretty fast ... but from what I've seen there has not been anyway to predict what spot an incoming attack comes out of.

I'm pretty sure the spots on spots body move so that you hit them ... so you aren't exactly hitting the white area on him.

It's a battle computer....that takes into account the opponent's powers....within the first second(after which it has run millions of scenarios). It tells him Spots powers, shows him how Spot is gonna use it, and the consequences of every action that Midnighter and Spot commits. Are you familiar with Midnighter?

Have you ever seen someone attempt to predict what spot an incoming attack comes out of.... with actually technology meant to do so instead of simply guessing?

Again, the spots move......but there are open spots.... and Midnighter knows exactly when and where to attack to strike those open spots. As well as the speed to do so before a spot covers the open spot.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BringnIt

Midnighter, easily.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points