Midnighter vs Spiderman (No battle CPU or Spider-sense)

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gumflabica

The most worthy battle for the most worthy dabaters, with a twist. Behold, quite possibly the debating campions for these characters,

@buckshot vs @strider92

There is no prep in tis matchup, and they will be fighting an extremely unstable outer city area!

there is a feild surrounding the fight area that allows them to travel into the heart of the city and into the suburbs, but if they touch the top, they are killed by an extremely powerful electric shock!

who wins this! what will be said! find out... well, as soon as they post!

This thread is for you, and the other viners, so other viners, you can get in on the action, or sit back and watch the carnage!

Time to drop the meat in the middle of the cage! Begin!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

@gumflabica: Me Vs Buckshot O.O dun dun daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Anyways what version of Spider-man is this? Is this current Spider-man without spider-sense (Superior) or Peter without his spider-sense?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By laflux

@gumflabica: Me Vs Buckshot O.O dun dun daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Anyways what version of Spider-man is this? Is this current Spider-man without spider-sense (Superior) or Peter without his spider-sense?

Don't worry @gumflabica Strider is just over-excited that he was called out as worthy.

curse you Strider!! Why must you best me yet again?
curse you Strider!! Why must you best me yet again?

Though I think it would be best to use Spider-Man pre dying wish, and restrict the equipment to Midnighter's Bo Staff and Spider-Man Webbing.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Plus I doubt Buckshot will turn up anyways :P

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll take Spidey in a close battle

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

@strider92: superior.

Hmmm this makes the fight interesting as if it were Peter he would most likely win with mid-difficulty due to his experience and way of the spider. Superior on the otherhand is less experienced but far more volatile.

Not having a battle computer is far more of a hindrance to Midnighter than not having a spider-sense is to Spider-man. Midnighter relies quite heavily on his computer in a combat situation using it to predict his enemies moves and also ascertain what their powers are. So in this fight he is effectively fighting blind something that never ever happens to him. Middy is also not as physically imposing as Spider-man. He's strong but he's nowhere near SpOck's mid-tonnage. His reaction speed is probably not far off Spider-mans when both of them have no pre-cog however Spider-man has more feats of being physically faster.

SpOck as I said just now lacks experience this leads him to make mistakes which could cost him the match as Midnighter's healing factor is pretty impressive. If SpOck had Pete's morals I would say Midnighter wins due to the fact SpOck lacks the experience and the morals needed to contend with him however he doesn't. SpOck is a killer and won't hesitate to use all his strength against Midnighter as soon as he knows he can take it and due to the difference in physical stats SpOck should be able to pull a small majority.

So my conclusion is SpOck takes the win in a very bloody fight that he most likely doesn't walk away unscathed from.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gumflabica

@strider92: i know somebody is going to bring up middy's taking downa speedster and a clone of himself with no battle CPU... not me of course... i definately didnt casually bring up those feats and act like i was waiting for someone else to post it. well i was waiting for it to happen but nobod- Wait... i just gave myself away...

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By New_World_Order

New 52 Midnighter could win this.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#10  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@gumflabica said:

Time to drop the meat in the middle of the cage! Begin!

Starting the fight with "drop the beat" would have framed it in a much cooler way. I would have been so impressed.

My initial thoughts with it being Superior Spider-Man: On the one hand Spider-Man has an advantage with their senses missing since he doesn't get as much from his sense as Midnighter does (and so, would be losing less) and also because current Spider-Man doesn't use his spider sense as well as he should even to begin with. I don't think Midnighter would be crippled without his combat computer by any means though. He's fought without it before, even taking on Stormwatch without it and has made comments about not needing it or having it removed in the past. Since he gets more from it though, its a bigger loss. The question is if it's big enough to cost him the fight. I don't think so, but I'm not off the relative losses yet. Spider-Man seems to rely on his sense less, but I'm tempted to say he relies on it more. While Midnighter gets more, he's fully aware of what info he's getting. Spider-Man though, we've seen be surprised by how much info his spider sense gives him when he's lost it. The normally simple task of webslinging has been almost fatal without his senses, and I think that sort of thing puts him at a greater disadvantage than it might seem at first. Spider-Man losing a sense that helps him in more ways than he realizes, without the benefit of the training he undertook to compensate, means he's starting this fight further back than Midnighter.

Then there are strength and speed comparisons. I think they're pretty equal in speed but I'd put Spider-Man a little above. I don't think the speed difference is large enough to be significant, especially given that Spider-Man is a lot faster than a lot of his enemies and it doesn't mean an effortless victory, and that's with all his senses functioning. As for strength, I think Spider-Man is ahead there too, but I think that's even less relevant. People frequently act like these match ups are strength against strength, but this isn't arm wrestling. The way these two fight and move, it's not likely that Midnighter will have to match strength with Spider-Man directly very often. What's more important is if they can they damage each other. Midnighter has shown that despite not having as much strength as Spider-Man, he can damage him. The mixture of the strength he does have and his ability to apply it correctly should be sufficient, since it's allowed him to bring down bricks like Apollo, Maul, and even Sebastian. If that were all tied to his combat computer he'd be in trouble, but given his displays without his computer, his training (both shown and referenced), and demonstrations that were so simple that a combat computer would be superfluous, I don't think that's the case. I think Midnighter knows enough about destroying bodies that even without his combat computer he could apply his strength correctly against Spider-Man. The same is true the other way though, and Spider-Man could royally mess up Midnighter, and without Parker's personality holding him back like it usually does, he'd be fighting appropriately. Granted, the brutality he'd now be using would be run of the mill for Midnighter seeing as he's used to a darker universe in general, but it would still be a step in the right direction for Spider-Man. Might be a step too late though, because though Spider-Man is now willing to go that extra mile, it's still not where he starts. Even with (dude whose name I'm blanking on but Spidey just killed him) it's not like Spider-Man started with murder, and that character even had a history with Spider-Man. I very much doubt Spider-Man will be looking to kill a complete unknown like Midnighter from the start, while Midnighter would be ready to put his fist in Spider-Man's brain the second he saw him. Spider-Man might work his way up to killing Midnighter, but he'd have to still be alive for that, and Midnighter is simply more ruthless. And even if both of them go for the kill right off the bat, Midnighter's durability/damage soak is immense and his healing factor outstrips Spider-Man's by a lot. He can take more and keep coming. Spider-Man normally makes up for that sort of physical difference with his determination and righteousness, but that's one of the things that comes from Peter, and current Spider-Man doesn't have the same fighting spirit. Midnighter not instantly going down to Spider-Man's brutality might be a big enough blow to Spider-Man by itself. Current Spider-Man likes fighting on his terms holding all the cards, and has actually run from a fight because it wasn't going as easily as he thought. That kind of attitude is not going to get him far against Midnighter in a random fight where his body isn't functioning as fluidly as it should.

I think they're both able to kill each other, but Midnighter is both more likely to survive Spider-Man's attempts, and more likely to go for the kill first.