Midnighter takes this one...

grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By grimlock

i cant believe anyone taking spiderman's side on this one. lets be honest Midnighter is too much for Mr.cobwebs to handle

Dark Noldor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1014

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By Dark Noldor

Poor Spidey
Doesn´t stand a chance against Midnighter

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By saiyan_earthling

Midnighter

kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By kheranlord12

If wolverine can take on Sipder-man Midnighter would be able to do it much better.

imaginaryman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By imaginaryman

midnighter... I read his bio, is there anything this guy can not do?

grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By grimlock
@imaginaryman: that guy is so much a harbinger of death, tactically advanced for close combat. he's a deliberate war machine spidey is just spidey by accident...a spider bit him LOL!
imaginaryman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By imaginaryman
@grimlock said:
" @imaginaryman: that guy is so much a harbinger of death, tactically advanced for close combat. he's a deliberate war machine spidey is just spidey by accident...a spider bit him LOL! "
LOL, to be honest now that I think about it why did they make a character like midnighter? Can he Ever lose? his power is something like a contigency plan for everything hahah

spidey's powers are well that of a spider.... haha
grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By grimlock
@Buckshot: ok buckshot why did u start this thread anyway. you of all people knows that midnighter can tear spidey apart limb for limb
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#64  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@grimlock: I think it's a close fight and there were some intricacies of it I wanted to talk about.
Thepowercosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By Thepowercosmic

Nice battle But   Midnighter 

grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By grimlock
@Buckshot said:

Ok, this is one of a very few battles that I've wondered about off and on for a long time without coming to a decision. I'm a fan of both characters (one more than the other) and I don't want Midnighter to lose, but I think it's a distinct possibility. (I'm pretty sure that's almost exactly how I started the Martian Manhunter/Mr. Majestic thread.) Anyway, it's a fight I'd like to see done justice, but also one that might leave me a little dissatisfied no matter the result.

As far as I can tell, Spider-Man is stronger than Midnighter. Midnighter can punch heads off and junk, but if Marvel allowed their comics to be a little more...messy, Spider-Man could too. However, I'm fairly certain that despite Spidey being stronger, if Midnighter got a hold of him, even for a second, he'd have the necessary strength and ability to kill him. And that is the real reason I haven't decided who wins yet. I don't know if Midnighter can get a hold of him (and vice versa). It's not a strength or even a speed issue in my mind, just a question of how Midnighter's combat computer would fair against Pete's Spidey Sense. The way I usually see it, both abilities allow for the user to be several steps ahead of their enemy, but I think Midnighter's is better and could bring him victory. His allows him to see many more steps ahead (all the way to the end), tells him millions of ways for every possible move to play out, and also exactly what his opponent is going to do, giving him the information he needs to plan ahead and find the best way to win. Spider-Man's doesn't reach as far ahead or calculate as many variables, but it does tell him what he needs to know and with enough time to avoid harm. I figure that Midnighter can start the fight and already have a plan in place that forces Spider-Man into a position he can't get out of in time even with his spider sense, and then just take him down. There is more to the fight than just their precognitive abilies (though the other stuff doesn't carry as much weight) and there is more about these abilities than even what I said, but that's where I start.

Those are a few of my thoughts on it, an opening statement of sorts. So, both combatants in character, who do you think wins?

Or

They're fighting (or at least starting) in the streets of Metropolis during rush hour.

(I'm not going to tell you to go read up on both characters, I just plan on ignoring anyone that shows that they don't know what they're talking about.)

cmon buckshot i know something tells you midnighter's gonna win this lol
gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By gumflabica

@buckshot: I know this is an old thread and all, but it's a great battle nonetheless. But I've gotta ask if Midnighter can use doors. I'm assuming he cant, because then it'd be a stomp and no doors makes a much better fight.

But just wondering

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Midnighter wrecks.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Midnighter

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spiderman midighter is the single most overrated street leveler ever.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#71 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@buckshot: I know this is an old thread and all, but it's a great battle nonetheless. But I've gotta ask if Midnighter can use doors. I'm assuming he cant, because then it'd be a stomp and no doors makes a much better fight.

But just wondering

I made comments about Doors on the first page in response to Logic. They were to be used in response to Spider-Man's webs and movement. I saw them not as ways to keep the fight going, not end them. So Midnighter could use a Door to catch up to Spider-Man if he gets too far away or to avoid something like Spider-Man covering the whole area in webs, but not for quick kills or for every little attack.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spiderman's spidersence would counterract the machine and spiderman is all ready faster stronger

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot: Okay. Makes sense. But I would like to see a door open up infront of and behind spidey, so Midnighter can get some back of the head punches XD

Comedy bronze!

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot: But all silliness aside, I've gotta go with the majority and give it to Midnighter.

The spider-sense would definitely help, but the battle computer can detect special abilities, and would have calculated responses to his spider sense, possibly even using it as an advantage.

Midnighter's speed burst should allow him to be on par or possibly faster than spidey, and with tht speed as well as his computer, he'd be able to get the job done quick and efficiently. It wouldn't be instantaneous, but by the time Midnghter didn't have ahold of him anymore, he'd either be dead or broken.

In the case of broken, he would be easy to finish off.

Spider-man's best defense here would be mass webbing, but doors can make that ineffective. Same goes or running away.

I could see Spidey pulling off about 2/10 with doors, 3/10 without.

Either way, Midnighter wins this IMO

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Midnighter

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By comic_book_fan

@gumflabica: spiderman has experience fighting villians with the same powers as doors only better and more practical use of them and how can midnighter use spidey's spider since against him unless you can give me an example and a chance to refute it then it can't really be considered.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: Spider-Man's spider sense is a danger sense. It tells him that if he moves a certain way, he will be safe from harm. He would not be expecting for his sense to lie to him, and lead him right into a calculated trap.

A false sense of safety provided by the spider sense could prove deadly

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gumflabica: it would just keep going off until he moved into a safe spot it could not be tricked that way.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: Possibly, but for every time that sense went off, there would be a whole new branch of possibilities for Midnighter to act upon.

If spidey's just gonna play the dodge game, Midnighter can just use his speed boost to end it. When using it, he's a blur even to speedsters. Not flash-level speedsters, but a helluva lot faster than spidey

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gumflabica: yeah but spiderman has tagged speedsters as well and midnighter can't kill him easily he will get his chances hits too it could go either way i just think spidey takes the majority not to mention spidey has range which i will admit would help verry little i see a stand off or the first one to get to tired to counter would lose which i think would be midnighter but then again spidey would have to hurt midnighter pretty bad to stop him and he does restrain alot it is a close fight but i am sticking with spidey.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: even so, how would spidey put up with Midnghter's excellent healing and ability to turn off pain receptors?

Also, tagging a speedster is one thing, beating one is another.

I really don't see spidey taking a majority here

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gumflabica: if spidey stopped holding back he would win.

but it could go either way.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 juiceboks  Moderator

@gumflabica: yeah but spiderman has tagged speedsters as well and midnighter can't kill him easily he will get his chances hits too it could go either way i just think spidey takes the majority not to mention spidey has range which i will admit would help verry little i see a stand off or the first one to get to tired to counter would lose which i think would be midnighter but then again spidey would have to hurt midnighter pretty bad to stop him and he does restrain alot it is a close fight but i am sticking with spidey.

He actually could if he felt it necessary, he's hurt people MUCH more durable.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: @comic_book_fan:

Actually, they're pretty similar in most statistics. But Middy's everything makes up for an agility advantage.

Midnghter has indeed hurt very durable foes, and if he got hold of Spidey, could do the same.

You say all this about spiderman winning, but do you actually know how?

Why don't you explain to me just how ou see this other playing out, so that I can poke the proper wholes and fill them in with Midnighter whoopin's

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#87  Edited By Erik

Midnighter easily. Many people that have been aware of how Spider-Man's powers work have been able to defeat him and they don't have Midnighter's battle computer.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#88  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Midnighter.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 juiceboks  Moderator

@gumflabica The only things Peter has over him are agility and lifting power..I'd argue everything else goes handily to Midnighter.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gumflabica: he would beat the stuffing out of him he is stronger faster smarter and bloodlusted he is strong enough to lift multiple trains at the same time. if midnighter rushed him spidey would still be faster in reaction speed.

hell he could rip off his costume and take away any enhanced strength or speed midnighter has which still at it's level isn't enough to beat spiderman the only way i could see you justifying midnighters win is through abc logic and thats pis.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: Do you know who Midnighter is?Spider Man is stronger lifting wise but Midnighter blows him out of the park with striking power.Faster?His battle computer will tell him over a billion scenarios of what Peter will do before he does and can act upon it especially since he has kicked back tank shells easily and reacted to speedsters that were blitzing his team.Being smart won't help against the battle computer unless there's prep involved. Midnighter one shots Peter

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By comic_book_fan

@reaverlation: there is no way in hell he one shots peter and yes i know he has kicked back a shell which is complete pis because if he hit it hard enough to send it back it would have blown up but ignoring that it is a comic and both sides have that flaw peter could do the same thing and and i know he roughed up apollo but that is pis to mentioning that would be like me mentioning firelord which i am not i am discussing things that are more clear and consistent like feats that are calculable and not just he beat this guy that if you look at there powers he has no business beating it's a computer not magic with prep i could see how midnighter wins but his power can't be an unexplained power to hit hard if he isn't as strong as peter or at least in the same ball park he can't hit as hard.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: So in other words:

Everything Midnighter does is PIS and incalculable so Peter wins smh

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan:

Stronger: Debatable. Spidey can lift trains, but middy can life medium sized aircraft.

Faster: No. At base, they're about even. But with the Speed Burst, he becomes near-supersonic for a short period of time.

Smarter: Wow. Spiderman is a geek in high-school. Midnighter is a tactical genius on a superhero strike force. Peter has book smarts. Midnighter had the kind of smarts that destroys opponents.

Reflexes: Spidey might have him here at base, the the battle computer gives Middy an edge at standard.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gumflabica: your right they should ask wolverine how to beat cosmic forces not reed or tony logan or cap would have a much better ideal.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: Look at it this way: If you had to fight someone a lot tougher than you, would you want to be coached by Thomas Edison or Mike Tyson?

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this thread is fairly old and that this is a pretty major bump, I just had one question however. Hasn't Spider-man's Spider-sense acted in a similar fashion to Midnighter's combat computer? I mean hasn't he run through a list of scenarios and it provided him with the correct one? I could be misremembering but I think I read something like that on here before.

bobthened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Methos says:

"Midnighter's implants put him on par with Apollo's strength... so at least at Spiderman's level... i think the deciding factor here would be Spiderman's agility... he's far above Midnighter in agility and speed, and though Midnighter's implants actually give him an upperhand on some of it, Spiderman's speed, agility and equal strength would be too much to overcome. i've actually got to give this one to Spiderman M"
Oh really? From the way his page sounds he seems pretty unbeatable.

his strength is not on par with apollo, his strength is similar to deathstroke or hawkman. his implants are no more powerful that the spider sense, but he is an amazing tactician.

QuakeBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Midnighter. He is insanely fast, more skilled in h2h, far better time reaction, he already knows how Peter will attack him.