Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SavageBeast

Location & Rules

- The fight takes place in a Mansion.  

- No Doors.   

- Midnighter has standard gear. 

- Elimination via KO. 

- Shaw is blood-lusted. Midnighter is not. 

- No Prep. 

Who wins? 

No Caption Provided
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jeanroygrant

Midnighter.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By YoungJustice

Midnighter with ease

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ghost_rider1

I don't see how midnighter gonna put sebastian shaw down. If BFR is not allowed....then shaw takes this

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Saren

Midnighter's fought a character similar to Sebastian Shaw ---- Winter, whose powerset is energy absorption and manipulation + flight. He couldn't take Winter out with punches and kicks, so he KO'd him by cutting off the blood flow to his brain.

To get an idea of how much damage Winter could soak, here's Winter vs the High, a Superman analogue strong enough to shatter the moon with one hit.

Punching and kicking wouldn't take down Winter; Midnighter's not strong enough for that. So he picked a less conventional method to deal with an opponent too durable for him to harm by conventional methods.

TotalBalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TotalBalance

Well given Midnighter can "detect" peoples powers he should be able to figure out fairly quickly that Shaw absorbs kinetic energy. however I really cannot see how Midnighter would beat him given that all Midnighter can really do is try and hit him until he overloads. But it takes a hell of allot to make Shaw overload and it would only take one punch from a highly charged Shaw to down Midnighter. Despite Midnighters superhuman speed and reflexes I would only see him being able to overload Shaw like 2 or 3 times out of ten. So for now I am going to give the win to Shaw 7/10.

Avatar image for captain_awesome85
Captain_Awesome85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Captain_Awesome85

@ghost_rider1 said:

I don't see how midnighter gonna put sebastian shaw down. If BFR is not allowed....then shaw takes this

This, Shaw is extremely under rated in all these battles. He gets stronger with ever hit...which if it takes too long he has been shown to hit himself in the face just to pump himself up. Midnighter puts up a decent fight but just like ever other fight Shaw has been in, BFR is the only way to beat him in a match up like this.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dondave

Midnighter ftw

@TotalBalance: @Captain_Awesome85: you obviuosly didn't read Cititizen Bane's post

Avatar image for captain_awesome85
Captain_Awesome85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Captain_Awesome85

@dondave said:

Midnighter ftw

@TotalBalance: @Captain_Awesome85: you obviuosly didn't read Cititizen Bane's post

No I didn't, we must have posted near the same time. But this only gives him one way to take him down. I'll admit this tilts the battle a little but I still think Shaw could win in the end.

TotalBalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TotalBalance

@dondave said:

Midnighter ftw

In my defense that post came up after I started typing so I didn't have a chance to see it. Now confronted with this new evidence I change my position to 8/10 win for Midnighter, which makes me quite happy as I like Midnighter more than Shaw.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ghost_rider1
@CitizenBane

For some reason I can't see the scans u posted of how midnighter stopped the bloodflow to his brain....so if u can explain to me how he did it....I will have a better understanding. But I'm guessing midnighter have to physically touch sebastian to cut his blood flow off which would work somewhat. But by the time he realizes that his punches are making sebastian stronger....he will be able to overpower midnighter. A fully charged shaw over powered colossus who is an 80 tonner himself. And punches and kicks aren't the only thing that increase his physical abilities. Any type of energy from kinetic to electrical all increase his physical abilities. Even something as small as walking and running increase his physical abilities....shaw strength, speed, stamina and his healing reach superhuman levels...and also he can release that enery thru contact. If shaw punch midnighter and release all of his stored energy into that punch he will KO him with a single punch
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Saren

@ghost_rider1 said:

@CitizenBane For some reason I can't see the scans u posted of how midnighter stopped the bloodflow to his brain....so if u can explain to me how he did it....I will have a better understanding. But I'm guessing midnighter have to physically touch sebastian to cut his blood flow off which would work somewhat. But by the time he realizes that his punches are making sebastian stronger....he will be able to overpower midnighter. A fully charged shaw over powered colossus who is an 80 tonner himself. And punches and kicks aren't the only thing that increase his physical abilities. Any type of energy from kinetic to electrical all increase his physical abilities. Even something as small as walking and running increase his physical abilities....shaw strength, speed, stamina and his healing reach superhuman levels...and also he can release that enery thru contact. If shaw punch midnighter and release all of his stored energy into that punch he will KO him with a single punch

Midnighter's main power is to know what his opponent can do from the minute he first sets eyes on them. He'll know that Shaw absorbs kinetic energy long before any punches are thrown, and accordingly he won't directly contribute to Shaw's energy accumulation. Given that he's already faced someone with that powerset and come out on top, it's more than likely his first move will be to recreate the tactic he used against Winter. It's what anyone with common sense and a knowledge of Shaw's powers would do, let alone someone with a computer in their head that analyzes trillions of scenarios in seconds to predict which one is most likely to result in a victory. If overpowering Colossus is the extent of a fully charged Shaw's capabilities, he's in trouble because Winter is a far superior energy absorber. In addition to absorbing several hits from the High (a character many thousands of times stronger than Colossus), he's drained Apollo dry in seconds and survived in the heart of the sun for years by constantly absorbing and redirecting its energy. His energy absorption abilities far exceed Shaw's, and Midnighter still beat him. I'm guessing Midnighter used a nerve strike of some sort against Winter (it's not very clear) and that cut off the blood flow to his brain, but the kinetic energy in one nerve strike is far too small a quantity to sway the fight in Shaw's favor. Midnighter's likely not going to get KO'd in one hit if Shaw punched him, either. He's taken hits from several characters as strong or stronger and recovered in seconds.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cattlebattle

Midnighter is almost an absurdist parody of every street level character so he has this well in hand..

I wouldn't sell out Shaw  though, he has proven to extremely capable in combat , his feats include battling Iron Man and Wolverine at the same time, catching a punch from Namor yadda yadda. He also defeated Red Lotus easily and that guys main attribute was being a "martial arts master"...though, he was featless. 

Some of Shaws feats lie in hyperbole too...such as him claiming he could fold adamantium and Rogue saying he hits as hard as the Hulk..and of course you have to factor in how amped he is too..

who knows

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ghost_rider1
@CitizenBane

@ghost_rider1 said:

@CitizenBane For some reason I can't see the scans u posted of how midnighter stopped the bloodflow to his brain....so if u can explain to me how he did it....I will have a better understanding. But I'm guessing midnighter have to physically touch sebastian to cut his blood flow off which would work somewhat. But by the time he realizes that his punches are making sebastian stronger....he will be able to overpower midnighter. A fully charged shaw over powered colossus who is an 80 tonner himself. And punches and kicks aren't the only thing that increase his physical abilities. Any type of energy from kinetic to electrical all increase his physical abilities. Even something as small as walking and running increase his physical abilities....shaw strength, speed, stamina and his healing reach superhuman levels...and also he can release that enery thru contact. If shaw punch midnighter and release all of his stored energy into that punch he will KO him with a single punch

Midnighter's main power is to know what his opponent can do from the minute he first sets eyes on them. He'll know that Shaw absorbs kinetic energy long before any punches are thrown, and accordingly he won't directly contribute to Shaw's energy accumulation. Given that he's already faced someone with that powerset and come out on top, it's more than likely his first move will be to recreate the tactic he used against Winter. It's what anyone with common sense and a knowledge of Shaw's powers would do, let alone someone with a computer in their head that analyzes trillions of scenarios in seconds to predict which one is most likely to result in a victory. If overpowering Colossus is the extent of a fully charged Shaw's capabilities, he's in trouble because Winter is a far superior energy absorber. In addition to absorbing several hits from the High (a character many thousands of times stronger than Colossus), he's drained Apollo dry in seconds and survived in the heart of the sun for years by constantly absorbing and redirecting its energy. His energy absorption abilities far exceed Shaw's, and Midnighter still beat him. I'm guessing Midnighter used a nerve strike of some sort against Winter (it's not very clear) and that cut off the blood flow to his brain, but the kinetic energy in one nerve strike is far too small a quantity to sway the fight in Shaw's favor. Midnighter's likely not going to get KO'd in one hit if Shaw punched him, either. He's taken hits from several characters as strong or stronger and recovered in seconds.

The way it seems to me is that winter abilities are more closely related to lucas bishop rather than sebastian shaw. Midnighter computer will definately give him the advantage for the majority of the fight. But striking shaw in any way will benefit shaw rather than hurt him. Shaw doesn't go down from nerve strikes....his body has been described as punching a mattress. Even bullets and knives are ineffective against him. There is very few ways midnighter can win this.....one is incapacitation....he will have subdue sebastian to where he can't move and get any stronger.....BFR is the easiest way to win....overloading him is possible as well....but its highly difficult and I don't think midnighter can since colossus was unable to do it....and last is psionically. Sebastian is prone to telepathic attacks. Unless midnighter can do one of these to shaw. This battle can't be won by midnighter. Even tho his computer will tell him all the abilities of shaw. It won't help him if the only way for him to win is by physically touching him.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By slimj87d

Something I have long questioned. Are Shaw's eyes suppose to have super durability?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Saren

@ghost_rider1 said:

@CitizenBane

@ghost_rider1 said:

The way it seems to me is that winter abilities are more closely related to lucas bishop rather than sebastian shaw. Midnighter computer will definately give him the advantage for the majority of the fight. But striking shaw in any way will benefit shaw rather than hurt him. Shaw doesn't go down from nerve strikes....his body has been described as punching a mattress. Even bullets and knives are ineffective against him. There is very few ways midnighter can win this.....one is incapacitation....he will have subdue sebastian to where he can't move and get any stronger.....BFR is the easiest way to win....overloading him is possible as well....but its highly difficult and I don't think midnighter can since colossus was unable to do it....and last is psionically. Sebastian is prone to telepathic attacks. Unless midnighter can do one of these to shaw. This battle can't be won by midnighter. Even tho his computer will tell him all the abilities of shaw. It won't help him if the only way for him to win is by physically touching him.

Bishop doesn't have the blunt force absorption capabilities that Winter and Shaw are packing. He mainly absorbs radiant energies, and although he can absorb concussive force as well he's not all that good at it. Winter is the whole shebang. He absorbs any and all kinds of energies that he encounters, concussive or radiant or conductive or whatever you choose. He's basically got the powerset of both Shaw as well as Bishop, only his limits are a lot higher than theirs. Midnighter's nerve strikes have worked on people vastly stronger and more durable than Shaw. Maul, for example, has wrestled with Captain Atom and occasionally has Majestic-level strength, and would laugh at bullets, knives and even tank fire and missiles. Midnighter took him down with one nerve strike. As far as I can see, Shaw's not as strong or as tough as the people Midnighter's nerve strikes have successfully affected, so there's no reason one wouldn't work on him. Especially since one worked on Winter, an energy absorber stronger, tougher and more powerful than Shaw in every possible way.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ghost_rider1
@CitizenBane

I'm about to go read up on this winter guy....idk much about him. Ill get back to u with a response later. And its good to see at least one person is giving some reason behind their decision instead of just saying midnighter wins
ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ghost_rider1
@CitizenBane

Nikolas Andreyvitch Kamarov.....and he is Kherubim. After reading up about him I have to admit that if midnighter can take him down then he should be able to beat shaw as well. I'll give this fight to Midnighter
Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Hyperlight

i really dont like midnighter... that nerve strike crap sounds like garbage and his deus ex machina of battle of computer is stupid. midnighter beats peaople he shouldnt be able to. but from what everyone says midnighter wins and im not gonna take away credit were credit id due.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ghost_rider1
@Hyperlight

i really dont like midnighter... that nerve strike crap sounds like garbage and his deus ex machina of battle of computer is stupid. midnighter beats peaople he shouldnt be able to. but from what everyone says midnighter wins and im not gonna take away credit were credit id due.

Midnighter is a very high-tier street level comic....not many street levelers could hope to beat him....I'm not gonna say I don't like midnighter....but with the feats and with everything he is capable of. U can't help but give him his respect
Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Hyperlight

@ghost_rider1: oh thats whats up

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers