• 86 results
#1 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio
caption

VS

caption

Fight takes place in a Millitary bunker their is weapons scattered all over they both have their normal gear. Fight is to the death.
#2 Edited by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if there are weapons all around..i assume you mean Halo weapons like in a game, you sorta give Midnighter a better chance, than he might already have, in the sense that there are weapons that can one shot a Spartan.

#3 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

Well i mean just plain weapons from the present. You know stuff that the millitary would keep in a bunker all that stuff not furture halo stuff.

But MC still has all the gear he carries regulerly

#4 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

What specifically though. Need to know. Otherwise people could say...TANK BOOM OWNED!!

#5 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol stuff like Ak-47s P90s usaul modern warfare sub-mech guns.

#6 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Midnighter will win this one in the end.

#7 Posted by King Saturn (222808 posts) - - Show Bio
I can see Midnighter beating Master Chief more than I can see him beating The Hulk..

lol
#8 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"I can see Midnighter beating Master Chief more than I can see him beating The Hulk..

lol
"
lol... So MC dosent stand a chance?

I thought this was a good fight actully MC has all his advanced weapons and armour while Midnighter has his amazing powers (if thats what you call them)
#9 Posted by King Saturn (222808 posts) - - Show Bio
Platinumwarrior said:
"King Saturn said:
"I can see Midnighter beating Master Chief more than I can see him beating The Hulk..

lol
"
lol... So MC dosent stand a chance?

I thought this was a good fight actully MC has all his advanced weapons and armour while Midnighter has his amazing powers (if thats what you call them)
"
But it like I said in the other thread... how can you stop someone who knows how to beat you before the battle begins ? Midnighter will know how to take MC out before the battle starts. My case for The Hulk was he was durable and strong enough to take punishment from Midnighter outside the factor of the Door that Midnighter uses. But Master Chief isnt as strong as The Hulk nor is he as durable. Master Chief is faster than Hulk and more agile. But I have seen Midnighter put guys like that on there ass easy. Even with Master Chief's weapons I cant see him actually hitting Midnighter with them. This fight isnt a curbstomp but Midnighter will win here...
#10 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm MC is pretty durable is armour can withstand quite alot... But i agree Midnighter will win in the end

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate Master Chief so bad that I must say the Midnighter wins even if this a curbstomp at his expense.

#12 Posted by King Saturn (222808 posts) - - Show Bio
Platinumwarrior said:
"Hmmm MC is pretty durable is armour can withstand quite alot... But i agree Midnighter will win in the end"
I still think Midnighter vs Kenshiro would be an awesome fight ....
#13 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

Then create it lol... I have been trying to find somone Midnighter can fight fairly but that seems good.

#14 Posted by King Saturn (222808 posts) - - Show Bio
Platinumwarrior said:
"Then create it lol... I have been trying to find somone Midnighter can fight fairly but that seems good."
I already made that thread a while back...
#15 Edited by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

The Spartan armour a few grades back [Mark iv I think] allowed Spartans to survive a fall from several kilometers up. Master Chief has ran half a mile in 17 seconds with a broken ankle. He is a bullet dodger and has Spartan time [bullet time], so i think his reflexes will allow him to keep pace with Midnighter and track his movements. He can see in a range of different signatures infra red, thermal etc, not to mention motion trackers. He has the shield and his armour is Titanium A [the same stuff they make starships with] coated in a refractive crystal layer. The suit has a miriad of sensors and with Cortana reading them, plus her own AMAZING probability and analytical skills could she not get the jist of Midnighters battle computer and think of some way to counteract it? Or attack in a way he cant avoid [Think of some crazy Reed Richards type way of winning she is beyond a super computer she is half sentient]. Physically i can see the Master Chief being able to take Midnighter down. I know Midnighter is durable [This is where the comics and books differ] but when Spartans physical interactioncs with humans are described the word 'pulverised' comes up. Also in comics bullets make nice little wounds, but in Halo books they leave huge exit wounds or take whole bits off you completely. Midnighter isnt bullet proof is he? And he is agile but i have never seen him consitently dodge in a Spidey type way, anyway as i said before i believe Master Chief can trace his movements, so several hundred bullets a minute coming at him isnt gonna be easy to dodge. I think a bullet to the head is gonna make it explode it like a water melon.

As to Midnighters battle computer [sorry this is some Wikepedia thing so if its wrong let me know just wanted to find out the nature of his battle computer a bit more] it got turned off rempotely once, suggesting a signal went into his brain and turned it off yes? Well he is screwed then because that is Cortana's schtick. She is the UNSC finest infiltration unit and infiltrates tech milennia in advance of anything the UNSC has.

#16 Posted by Buckshot (18869 posts) - - Show Bio

Trying to keep an open mind but from what I've read of MC's abilities, I don't see him as much of a threat. He's fast and strong but I don't think he's fast enough to tag Midnighter if he doesn't want to be tagged (MC's no speedster and Midnighter has beaten faster without his powers on two occasions, plus he knows every move MC is going to make long before he decides to make it) and even if he did I'm not sure that 1-3 ton strength would be enough to put Midnighter down(this one is harder to tell since Midnighter doesn't get hit much and when he does there's rarely a way to tell how strong the other guy is). Bullets should be ineffectual for the same reason as MC's own speed, Midnighter can see them coming and is fast enough to bat them away or just dodge them. LM3, you may not have seen him dodge much in a "Spidey type way" but he's caught arrows, parried bullets with his staff, dodged laser vision, kicked away tank shells, effortlessly dodged headshots at close range, and easily maneuvered through laser attacks from multiple shooters at close range. Humans get pulverized when they face a Spartan, sure, but are you forgetting what it looks like when Midnighter fights someone?

Toughest thing for Midnighter in this fight would probably be getting around the armor, but I don't think it's impossible. His blows have hurt Apollo, he's crippled and killed people durable enough to fly through buildings and slam into the ground (at 415 miles per second) and come out unharmed, he can spit his teeth through concrete pillars and he's broken the jaw of a bulletproof woman (after she had her bulletproof-icity increased over a hundred times). I think Midnighter could get through the suit, maybe attack it where it's weakest or something. If he really couldn't get through it, he could always just Door MC into the sun.

I don't think Cortana could do anything to MIdnighter. The only time he's had his implants shut down remotely was when it was done by Henry Bendix's (Midnighter's maker) technology. No one else has been able to do it, not even Engineer. But that really doesn't matter though since he's had that liability taken care of. No one can shut down his powers remotely anymore. Engineer once had to shut him down and to do it she needed to shrink down and physically get inside his brain to affect the implants.

#17 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

lol bulletproof-icity!  i agree with buckshot

#18 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"Trying to keep an open mind but from what I've read of MC's abilities, I don't see him as much of a threat. He's fast and strong but I don't think he's fast enough to tag Midnighter if he doesn't want to be tagged (MC's no speedster and Midnighter has beaten faster without his powers on two occasions, plus he knows every move MC is going to make long before he decides to make it) and even if he did I'm not sure that 1-3 ton strength would be enough to put Midnighter down(this one is harder to tell since Midnighter doesn't get hit much and when he does there's rarely a way to tell how strong the other guy is). Bullets should be ineffectual for the same reason as MC's own speed, Midnighter can see them coming and is fast enough to bat them away or just dodge them. LM3, you may not have seen him dodge much in a "Spidey type way" but he's caught arrows, parried bullets with his staff, dodged laser vision, kicked away tank shells, effortlessly dodged headshots at close range, and easily maneuvered through laser attacks from multiple shooters at close range. Humans get pulverized when they face a Spartan, sure, but are you forgetting what it looks like when Midnighter fights someone?

Toughest thing for Midnighter in this fight would probably be getting around the armor, but I don't think it's impossible. His blows have hurt Apollo, he's crippled and killed people durable enough to fly through buildings and slam into the ground (at 415 miles per second) and come out unharmed, he can spit his teeth through concrete pillars and he's broken the jaw of a bulletproof woman (after she had her bulletproof-icity increased over a hundred times). I think Midnighter could get through the suit, maybe attack it where it's weakest or something. If he really couldn't get through it, he could always just Door MC into the sun.

I don't think Cortana could do anything to MIdnighter. The only time he's had his implants shut down remotely was when it was done by Henry Bendix's (Midnighter's maker) technology. No one else has been able to do it, not even Engineer. But that really doesn't matter though since he's had that liability taken care of. No one can shut down his powers remotely anymore. Engineer once had to shut him down and to do it she needed to shrink down and physically get inside his brain to affect the implants.
"

Seconded.
#19 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

See thats the difference. The 1-3 ton thing in Halo doesnt mean a thing. Its not the same as comics. Its a bit like the Ultimates, the guys may not lift much but the punching power they deliver is awesome. I dont think you should equate the 1-3 ton thing in the same way as a comic.  I do think the Master Chief is fast enough. As i said the guy has Spartan time, he is a bullet doger himself. He can cover miles of ground in seconds.

Why does Midnighter get the door? Actually if he does have the door then Cortana can possibly access it to.

Cortana is the hidden element here. She is the Master Chiefs battle computer. Im no genius so i dont know what imaginitive thing she could think up to counteract his battle computer but i dont see it as out of her abilities.

#20 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio
Logic Mark III said:
"See thats the difference. The 1-3 ton thing in Halo doesnt mean a thing. Its not the same as comics. Its a bit like the Ultimates, the guys may not lift much but the punching power they deliver is awesome. I dont think you should equate the 1-3 ton thing in the same way as a comic.  I do think the Master Chief is fast enough. As i said the guy has Spartan time, he is a bullet doger himself. He can cover miles of ground in seconds.

Why does Midnighter get the door? Actually if he does have the door then Cortana can possibly access it to.

Cortana is the hidden element here. She is the Master Chiefs battle computer. Im no genius so i dont know what imaginitive thing she could think up to counteract his battle computer but i dont see it as out of her abilities."

I can see Midnighter winning here even with Cortana the main problem i see him having is MC's armour but i think he would penetrate it eventually.
#21 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

@ Buckshot: Can i see the times he took out the speedsters that you have please?

#22 Posted by Buckshot (18869 posts) - - Show Bio
Logic Mark III said:
See thats the difference. The 1-3 ton thing in Halo doesnt mean a thing. Its not the same as comics. Its a bit like the Ultimates, the guys may not lift much but the punching power they deliver is awesome. I dont think you should equate the 1-3 ton thing in the same way as a comic.  I do think the Master Chief is fast enough. As i said the guy has Spartan time, he is a bullet doger himself. He can cover miles of ground in seconds. 
What's wrong with what I said about MC's strength? The only clear numbers I've seen of his strength say 1 to 3 tons. I'm not saying that's weak or anything just because a lot of comic characters with super strength can lift more than that, a hit from someone who can lift a couple tons is still a powerful hit, I just don't think it will stop Midnighter since he kills people at that level of strength on a regular basis. It's not insignificant and there's nothing wrong with it, but when compared to many comic universes, it's not that much. And even if MC is fast enough to keep up with Midnighter's physical speed (something I'm not sure of since I've seen little evidence), he still has to overcome the massive advantage of the combat computer. He might be fast enough to hit Midnighter, but if Midnighter knows where he's going to throw a punch, unless MC is significantly faster than Midnighter (not just faster than his body but also fast enough to hit him before he knows the attack is coming and how to avoid it) then he still won't hit him. With Spider-Man you can "beat" the spider sense by hitting him faster than he can react to the warning he gets. But with Midnighter, he got the warning the second the fight started and had the whole time up until the actual attack to position himself in a place where he can't be hit by it, so even if for some reason he's not fast enough to avoid the individual attack when it comes, he'd know that and could remove the option for that attack long before it comes up. MC may be able to dodge bullets but he's not a speedster and I don't think it would be hard for Midnighter to avoid his attacks.

Logic Mark III said:

Because Platinumwarrior said:
... they both have their normal gear..."
I don't see why it's taken for granted that MC gets his virtual helper but it's inconceivable that Midnighter get use of technology implanted into his body. As for Cortana taking it over, explain how she'd be able to take over The Carrier. There's a lot of talk about her being semi-sentient, but The Carrier is too. The Doors have been co-opted and copied before, but there's no information as to how difficult or time consuming that process could be. How do you know Cortana could do anything about it? If Midnighter goes for a Door right away, will Cortana be able to figure it out in the time between MC going through one Door and coming out in the sun?

Logic Mark III said:
"Cortana is the hidden element here. She is the Master Chiefs battle computer. Im no genius so i dont know what imaginitive thing she could think up to counteract his battle computer but i dont see it as out of her abilities."
Looks like you're saying you don't know how Cortana would stop Midnighter's powers, but she could anyway.
#23 Posted by King Saturn (222808 posts) - - Show Bio
Wow. How do you guys do it ? How do you guys make those extremely long posts like that ?

lol
#24 Posted by Buckshot (18869 posts) - - Show Bio
Midnighter vs Impetus
Logic Mark III said:
"@ Buckshot: Can i see the times he took out the speedsters that you have please?"
Once was after Anthem picked him up (his own series if you want to look for it). They had begun a process of taking away his enhancements so he wasn't anywhere near 100%. The speedster did a flyby on him and messed him up. He left but was sent back to finish the job and Midnighter killed him as he came through a door. (Sorry, don't have images of that at the moment.)

<- The second was when his combat computer was turned off during Authority Prime. Impetus (the speedster) is faster (reflexes and in moving speed) than Swift, Apollo and Winter (a bullet catcher btw) and no one else in the fight could touch him. Midnighter beats him with a properly timed clothesline.

#25 Posted by Buckshot (18869 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Wow. How do you guys do it ? How do you guys make those extremely long posts like that ?

lol
"
They're not very long at all.
#26 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Wow. How do you guys do it ? How do you guys make those extremely long posts like that ?

lol
"
Lol my longest posts are on the Halo VS Star Wars thread.
#27 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see where Logic and Buckshot are coming from but the Chief's bio isn't that great on here.  Check out his bio on Halopedia.  This is a good fight.

#28 Edited by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

@ Buckshot: The reason i say she could come up with something but i dont know what, is because i cant do a Trillion calculations a second and process information over a million times faster than the human brain like her. So Mr. Million scenarios seems to be trumped. I do indeed think she can do something to him. As for the scan it was in that comic that Midnighter said he had proofed his brain right? Well what exactly did he do? Are you certain a being that does a Trillion calculations a second couldnt get past his defences?

It is taken for granted that Master Chief gets Cortanan. She is a weapon/tool that he carries around. She is like a sidearm with a brain. If Midnighter is using his radio telepathy or the Door he is vulnerable. She can rest controll of it before he thinks to say Door. Then she could teleport him anywhere. I dont think this is as one sided as it seems to some of you.

So with Cortana its possible Master Chief can act in the same way. He could have many versions of the fight in his head beforehand too. I would say the Master Chief is a 'slow' speedster. Running half a Kilometer [torn Achilles tendon, just survived slapping a missile moving ten times as fast as him and in Mjolnir armour a grade lower than the one he wears now] in 17 seconds is pretty nippy.

This last thing is very strange. I am happy for it not to be considered at all. Its not a power or anything BUT the dude is EXTREMELY lucky. hehehe. Just saying. May mean he last 2 more seconds in this fight who knows hehehe

#29 Edited by Buckshot (18869 posts) - - Show Bio
Logic Mark III said:
"@ Buckshot: The reason i say she could come up with something but i dont know what, is because i cant do a Trillion calculations a second and process information over a million times faster than the human brain like her. So Mr. Million scenarios seems to be trumped. I do indeed think she can do something to him. As for the scan it was in that comic that Midnighter said he had proofed his brain right? Well what exactly did he do? Are you certain a being that does a Trillion calculations a second couldnt get past his defences?

Don't know what he did. Maybe he had it altered so it can no longer receive outside signals at all. That would shut down any attempt of Cortana's to affect it. Unless and until it's co-opted again there's no evidence to show it can be and any scenario you come up with is just a guess with no kind of proof behind it.

Logic Mark III said:
It is taken for granted that Master Chief gets Cortanan. She is a weapon/tool that he carries around. She is like a sidearm with a brain. If Midnighter is using his radio telepathy or the Door he is vulnerable. She can rest controll of it before he thinks to say Door. Then she could teleport him anywhere. I dont think this is as one sided as it seems to some of you.

And the Door tech is something MIdnighter carries around at all times (implanted into his body) as well yet you were ready to consider it not a part of this fight. And prove she can wrest control of it from him before he can think "Door".

Logic Mark III said:
So with Cortana its possible Master Chief can act in the same way. He could have many versions of the fight in his head beforehand too. I would say the Master Chief is a 'slow' speedster. Running half a Kilometer [torn Achilles tendon, just survived slapping a missile moving ten times as fast as him and in Mjolnir armour a grade lower than the one he wears now] in 17 seconds is pretty nippy.

Now you're saying MC will behave like Midnighter. When has he done that before? "Slow" speedster or not, will be he be ending this fight before it's begun? Don't think so.

Logic Mark III said:
This last thing is very strange. I am happy for it not to be considered at all. Its not a power or anything BUT the dude is EXTREMELY lucky. hehehe. Just saying. May mean he last 2 more seconds in this fight who knows hehehe"

Relying on luck now?
#30 Posted by King Saturn (222808 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"King Saturn said:

lol
"
They're not very long at all.
"
To me they are. I try to post something explaining something and I cant get past four lines.
#31 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

@Saturn: It's easy once you get into it. You find yourself in an interesting debate and all of the sudden the lines start writing themselves. It also might seem long because he's quoting LM3 which takes up some space.

PS. Do you know that you're typing in bold?
#32 Posted by King Saturn (222808 posts) - - Show Bio
Super-Buster said:
"@Saturn: It's easy once you get into it. You find yourself in an interesting debate and all of the sudden the lines start writing themselves. It also might seem long because he's quoting LM3 which takes up some space.

PS. Do you know that you're typing in bold?
"
Oh Yeah.  I type in bold on purpose. 

lol
#33 Posted by SilverSurfa (256 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys all do know that cortana makes more than 1 trillion calaculations per second?

You do know MAster chief runs at 106km/hr with a TORN achillies heel?

YOu know that he has 15 times faster reaction (his reaction time is measure in milliseconds)? BOOSTED even more with cortana inside his suit.? Meaning he basically dodges bullets AND HE CAN dodge bullets.

His armour DOES have shields and SEVERAL LAYERS of hard crystalline substances...

Midnighter doesnt even know who the HECK MASTER CHIEF IS or what he is capable of so HOW IN THE WORLD WILL THE computer factor in REACTION SPEEDS THAT it doesnt even know or WEAPON SKILLS that master chief has OR WHAT THE HECK MASTER CHIEF SUIT CAN DO and THE FACT THAT THERES AN AI INSIDE MC's SUIT.

HOW THE HECK DOES MIDNIGHTER's comp know all this? SImple ... IT DOES NOT. this meaning that he severly lacks all these calculations he loses.
#34 Posted by Vrakmul (23395 posts) - - Show Bio
SilverSurfa said:
"
You guys all do know that cortana makes more than 1 trillion calaculations per second?

You do know MAster chief runs at 106km/hr with a TORN achillies heel?

YOu know that he has 15 times faster reaction (his reaction time is measure in milliseconds)? BOOSTED even more with cortana inside his suit.? Meaning he basically dodges bullets AND HE CAN dodge bullets.

His armour DOES have shields and SEVERAL LAYERS of hard crystalline substances...

Midnighter doesnt even know who the HECK MASTER CHIEF IS or what he is capable of so HOW IN THE WORLD WILL THE computer factor in REACTION SPEEDS THAT it doesnt even know or WEAPON SKILLS that master chief has OR WHAT THE HECK MASTER CHIEF SUIT CAN DO and THE FACT THAT THERES AN AI INSIDE MC's SUIT.

HOW THE HECK DOES MIDNIGHTER's comp know all this? SImple ... IT DOES NOT. this meaning that he severly lacks all these calculations he loses."
Midnighter's comp is not natural.  It's practically omniscient. 
#35 Posted by SilverSurfa (256 posts) - - Show Bio

im sorry you cant omiscient 900 rounds per minute bullets all coming at you at the speed of 600m/second breaking the speed of sound.

serisouyl how far is MC away from blacknighter? 20-100m? If his bullets go at 600m/s how much time would it take to traavel 20-100? nearly nothing plus there hundreds of them with profeessional aim.

sorry omiscient isnt good enough

#36 Edited by Vrakmul (23395 posts) - - Show Bio
SilverSurfa said:
"

im sorry you cant omiscient 900 rounds per minute bullets all coming at you at the speed of 600m/second breaking the speed of sound.

serisouyl how far is MC away from blacknighter? 20-100m? If his bullets go at 600m/s how much time would it take to traavel 20-100? nearly nothing plus there hundreds of them with profeessional aim.

sorry omiscient isnt good enough

"
He knows what mc can do, and how to beat him, and what are his weaknesses before master chief even picked up his gun.  And how can master chief, a guy who cannot defeat the Witch king of Angmar. beat mid nighter?
#37 Posted by SilverSurfa (256 posts) - - Show Bio

MC can defeat the freakin witch king of angmar, a sword killed him, a bullet will, do not say that he only can be killed by a woman because he can be killed by a man. Only in the LOTR universe he can''t be killed by a man because witch king is like  god to them but versing master chief who is from somewhere else of course master chief can beat him. DUde are you meaning to say that Franklin richards cant defeat the witch king?

Blacknighter's computer is not even omiscient.

Midnighter's most famous ability is his power to predict how a battle will happen before it starts. His 'fight implants' include a 'combat computer' that allows him to run through a given combat situation millions of times in his mind, almost instantly covering nearly every possible result before the first punch is even thrown. He uses this information to predict the actions and or reactions of his foes, counteracting their moves almost before they even think to make them. According to Midnighter, his powers also work by letting him see the outcome of the battle he wants, and working backwards, following the right steps to get there.

Midnighter's powers can be neutralized under certain circumstances. Aside from telepathy, his combat advantage may be eliminated if his opponent does not initiate an attack. Because Midnighter's superhuman implants were all implemented by Henry Bendix, Team Achilles was once able to use a simple remote controlled switch to temporarily deactivate his powers upon accessing and making use of Bendix's secret files.

AS you can see he sucks, he isnt omiscient, he doesnt even know what master chief can do, and he was disable by a simple remote controlled switch.

Master chief wins this with ease. Just because he can predict doesnt mean he can do something about it.

Cortana also can "predict" with 1trillon calculations per second.

#38 Posted by Vrakmul (23395 posts) - - Show Bio

The prophecy worked on darth vader, it will work on chief.     And that remote was from the creator, and midnighter dealt with the suit's creator. 

#39 Posted by SilverSurfa (256 posts) - - Show Bio

what prophecy are u talking about???

nvm about remote MC doesnt need it.

#40 Posted by Vrakmul (23395 posts) - - Show Bio
SilverSurfa said:
"

what prophecy are u talking about???

nvm about remote MC doesnt need it.

"
"No man born of woman can slay the witch king" that prophecy made in the early third age.  Or was it second age?  I don't remember.   Besides, technically LOTR could happen in HALO because LOTR happened long before the egyptians.
#41 Posted by SilverSurfa (256 posts) - - Show Bio

wth has that prophercy to do with darth vader? and well fine IN THAT AGE witch king was like a god.

#42 Posted by Vrakmul (23395 posts) - - Show Bio
SilverSurfa said:
"wth has that prophercy to do with darth vader? and well fine IN THAT AGE witch king was like a god."
Undead sorcerer of great power.  Only Eru was a god.  Sauron was a Higher order of maiar, the lesser angels.  And Morgoth was a valar, the greatest of them and equal to Manwe, valar are greater angels.      Any way, Midnighter is no slouch at strength, he punched a guy's chin and the rest of his spinal collum followed.

#43 Posted by SilverSurfa (256 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes... BUT MC's entire skeletal structure is covered in ceramic making his bones virtuall unbreakable. And wot were u saying about darth vader? Not to mention the fact that master chief is stronger than midnighter and midnighter wouldnt make a dent in MC's armour. ANyway i g2g sleep g'night ill reply tomorrow.

#44 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
SilverSurfa said:
"Blacknighter's computer is not even omiscient.

Midnighter's most famous ability is his power to predict how a battle will happen before it starts. His 'fight implants' include a 'combat computer' that allows him to run through a given combat situation millions of times in his mind, almost instantly covering nearly every possible result before the first punch is even thrown. He uses this information to predict the actions and or reactions of his foes, counteracting their moves almost before they even think to make them. According to Midnighter, his powers also work by letting him see the outcome of the battle he wants, and working backwards, following the right steps to get there.

Midnighter's powers can be neutralized under certain circumstances. Aside from telepathy, his combat advantage may be eliminated if his opponent does not initiate an attack. Because Midnighter's superhuman implants were all implemented by Henry Bendix, Team Achilles was once able to use a simple remote controlled switch to temporarily deactivate his powers upon accessing and making use of Bendix's secret files.

AS you can see he sucks, he isnt omiscient, he doesnt even know what master chief can do, and he was disable by a simple remote controlled switch.

Master chief wins this with ease. Just because he can predict doesnt mean he can do something about it.

Cortana also can "predict" with 1trillon calculations per second.

"

So, you're ignoring what Midnighter's battle computer is capable of? You said it wasn't omniscient, yet you just said that it was (based on you're explantion/whatever it is you copy/pasted). Talk about contradicting yourself. It's practically omniscient in terms of battle scenarios.  Whatever opponent he faces, Midnighter is gonna know exactly what he's capable of and what he's gonna do (including Master Chief). That's the whole point of the battle computer. To say that he doesn't sounds to my like you don't read Midnighter comics. And, based on what Buckshot said earlier (I'm guessing you didn't read his posts), Midnighter's computer can no longer be shut off remotely, even by Bendix's remote.
#45 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
SilverSurfa said:
"YOu know that he has 15 times faster reaction (his reaction time is measure in milliseconds)? BOOSTED even more with cortana inside his suit.? Meaning he basically dodges bullets AND HE CAN dodge bullets.

Midnighter's has great reactions speeds himself. He's fought speedsters before and won. He has also dodged/parried bullets on a regular basis, caught arrows, laser vision/beams, and close-range headshots. He's even kicked away tank shells. So, don't downplay Midnighter if you aren't aware of what he can do.
#46 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfa heres some scans of Midnighter taking a room full of Super powered beings who want him dead. Id post his fight with the Authority but i just dont feel like scanning it. Tell me could MC do that? Considering your huge fanboyisim your prolly to young to veiw a comic this bloody.

caption

caption

#47 Posted by Buckshot (18869 posts) - - Show Bio

I really only have questions on one area since I feel like I've covered the things Surfa has brought up. It keeps being brought up that Cortana can make a ton of calculations a second, but what kind of calculations? Has she ever done anything like what Midnighter does? Does she regularly predict the attacks of enemies? Has she shown that she can predict every move of a fight and its outcome? There are many smart characters in comics that can do crazy amounts of calculations in their heads, but that doesn't make them like Midnighter. I'd also still like to see some evidence of Cortana being able to know about (let alone seize control of) the Doors before Midnighter can think one into existence and send MC into the sun.

#48 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

@ Buckshot: It doesnt matter if he hasnt acted like Midnighter before. The fact is she can do a trillion calculations a second and has no limits on her creativity and thinking. In concjunction with all of the scanning tech on Master Chief's armour it is well within the realms of possibility for her to emulate the actions of his battle computer and greatly exceed it. Dont fob that off at all. She has the same capabilities in excess of his battlecomputer.

Isnt the Door a function facilitated by the Carrier? He can use it yes, but its not his power is it? So Midnighter has the carrier at his disposal in this fight now?

Cortana has a better chance of ascertaining Midnighters position and Door-ing him into the heart of the sun. I think she has the speed to get into the Door system before he can utilise it [which he wouldnt be able to instantly because he wouldnt know the Chief's whereabouts] as she can do a trillion calculations a second, even with his ability to do a million she outstrips him, she is the faster thinker here. In fact, in the comic where he fights the speedster, he previously fought a clone of himself, he couldnt kill it because their battle computers clashed. So it stands to reason if Cortana can come up with more calculations than him he will 1. be at a loss as to what to do and 2. get killed because Cortana will have divined the right strategy. Factor in radio telepathy being hacked by Cortana and she can read his mind, thus making his moves anticipatable.

Telepathy trumps battlecomputer

Radiotelepathy can be hacked

Midnighters Battle Computer cant beat his clones Battlecomputer.

Read what i said. I said it doesnt have to be considered at all and i think its strange, i laughed about it. Its something that comes up with him time and again so i wrote it down. I am not relying on luck here....with Cortana's abilities he doesnt have to, she could divind some very accurate probabilities.

As for Midnighters battle computer we dont know that it cant be usurped by Cortana and we dont know that it can. Makes it a moot point i suppose. From the scan of Midnighter defeating the speedster though, it can be assumed it scans the opponent.  Would it not be possible for Cortana to piggy back onto whatever scanning signal is being sent out?

I really dont think Midnighter knows the outcome of the battle before it happens. To me thats hyperbole. If he did then he would know about traps and stuff. He would know about Seth's attack and found a way to prevent it, he would have known how to take down Regis, and he wouldnt have succumbed to the virus that guy [sorry forget his name] in his own series took him down with.

I think its pertinent that the Master Chief's reflexes will allow him to trace the Midnighters movements. This means he has a real chance of landing hits with his shots, add to this rapidly firing guns that spew out hundreds or rounds quickly and the Master Chief can take Midnighter out, with a nice headshot.  See how his head explodes like a watermelon when Kev shoots his face.
Ouch bullets hurt

#49 Edited by Buckshot (18869 posts) - - Show Bio

Just being able to run calculations doesn't mean anything. Reed Richards, Mad Thinker, Brainiac 5, and many others can run tons of calculations in their minds but they don't go around predicting entire fights. You said she hasn't done it before, what makes you think she can do it now? Prove she can do it instead of just saying "its within the realm of possibility".

The Door tech is standard equipment I don't see why what makes it work should be taken away. Do we assume Superman or Cyclops haven't already soaked up solar energy when they're in a fight or that they're fighting in a place where they're not continually being refueled? No, we assume that their powers work taking for granted that the source of those powers is in existence. In any case, The Carrier exists in any and all realities, why not the one where this takes place?

Why does Cortana have a better chance of doing anything with the Door? You still haven't told me how she'd even know about it before Midnighter used it. And again you're banking on this "trillion calculations a second" thing and yet you haven't been able to give an example of her using it in any way that resembles how Midnighter does. And throw this question in with my other ones, how many calculations do you think it takes to predict every move of one fight from start to finish? Midnighter may only do a million fights a second (other experience has shown that the number is not limited to a million) but there are probably an obscene amount of calculations that go into each fight. Determining speed of himself and his enemy, probabilities of certain attacks, coming up with countermeasures for every possible attack, factoring in terrain, measuring the exact amount of strength needed to do damage, calculating distances, predicting trajectories, compensating for wind, etc, etc, etc. What if a trillion calculations doesn't even measure up to a handful of Midnighter's scenarios? Of course you'll deny that possibility, but I think it's valid. As for Cortana messing with his radio telepathy, I'll look at that when I get to Seth.

And your scans, the first doesn't help you since MC doesn't have telepathy. The second doesn't tell us how Seth blocked The Engineer's telepathy. The guy has thousands of powers, who says that what he used is something Cortana has? Assuming it's something she can replicate, will Cortana even know about Midnighter's radiotelepathy before he uses it? And how much will turning it off affect  him? He doesn't need it to fight. What if he just shuts if off himself like he did when he didn't want the rest of The Authority to contact him? Did you read the comic your third scan comes from? Jackson had disabled his combat computer (not by affecting the implants but by affecting Midnighter's brain with his psychic powers) but Midnighter was still able to hold his own in a fight with someone with his full powers. Even if his powers were working and they stalemated because they were looking at the same scenarios, you still haven't shown Cortana can do what the clone did. And same question again, did you read the comic? If you did you'd know that aside from the whole thing being stupid, that was not a normal gun.

Midnighter beat the speedster after Jackson psychically cut off his combat computer. I'm not going to claim that if someone had Midnighter's powers but better, they still couldn't beat him (read Grifter/Midnighter), you just haven't shown that Cortana is that someone. All I'm asking for is some kind of proof that she can do what Midnighter can. Can you tell me what Midnighter uses to get his info that Cortana can use? Who says he's sending out any kind of signal that can be tracked? If his senses are just so well modified that he simply takes in more information in ways that his combat computer can process, will Cortanna be able to get into his head by jumping into his vision? Sounds crazy. I haven't seen anything saying Midnighter sends out any kind of signals.

Read episode 10 of his solo series and tell me he can't see the end of a battle. There's nothing that sums it up better. He describes the way the day will end before he gets into a fight with a bunch of robots. He knew the whole thing hours in advance. There are other examples, but that one is so clear. His power is to know how fights go all the way to their end, that's not hyperbole and it's been shown a number of times. In response to your individual concerns, knowing the end doesn't mean he can always avoid it. Seth outmatched him every respect and then had thousands of powers in addition to that. In fact, letting Seth snap his neck and then getting away to fight another day was probably the best strategy, but sometimes you're just outmatched. He was outmatched in his fight with Regis as well. And how would knowing Assassin8 had a virus stop him from feeling its affects? The second they met Midnighter had already been exposed. Knowing wouldn't change what happened after. If you caught ebola but knew about it, would that stop you from dying? Then there's also the fact that Midnighter doesn't always go for the win because he likes to have fun. That was stated clearly after he crippled Assassin8 after a long fight that he could have won at the start.

Assuming MC is fast enough, he'll be able to track Midnighter's moves as he makes them whereas Midnighter will have known all MC's moves from the first second of the fight. Who has the advantage there? And again, it was not any kind of normal weapon.

Just a note, this looks like it's more Cortana vs Midnighter than MC vs Midnighter.

#50 Posted by SilverSurfa (256 posts) - - Show Bio

No you are comletely wrong.... FOr example in Space transmissions Cortana makes TRILLIONS of calculations to jump to slispace, maneuaver, put in the gravitional pull, the electromagnetic forces, the incoming plasma, counter-attacking, SHooting missiles and MAC rounds just before the ship's shields open (WHICH IS EXTREMELY HARD TO ESTIMATE EVEN CALCULATE) EVERYTHING. She does trajectories and everything else as well that the super-comp can do.

MC owns Blacknighter, predicting a battle doesnt mean you win it. MC clearly wins this due to his armour and technology.

AND WHEN I SAY MC HAS 15x reaction it means that midnighter is super slow to him.