#1 Edited by never give up (9604 posts) - - Show Bio

Battle is won by KO or death. This is manga Lucy.

Round 1- Midnighter doesn't have doors.

Round 2- Midnighter has his doors.

#2 Posted by Funsiized (3716 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1-Lucy

Round 2-Midnighter.

#3 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11659 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't Lucy a planetary threat? Been a while since I read the manga

#4 Edited by Funsiized (3716 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by Soothing_Sounds (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@funsiized: dang man, the manga sure is different than the anime. Anime version never showed anything on that level

#6 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

@grandsymbiote94: Yeah but it almost killed her.

That would generally happen if... you know... you blew up the whole freakin planet.

#7 Posted by Funsiized (3716 posts) - - Show Bio

@soothing_sounds: @frozenphoenix: Not blowing it up, she sent her vectors around the whole world and her body was being destroyed in the process due to the strain IIRC

#8 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

what exactly does 'no doors' mean for midnighter?

#9 Posted by never give up (9604 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#10 Posted by Dredeuced (5545 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter and his entire crew can open up a portal anywhere they want that can lead to anywhere they want. He can literally open up portals ontop of someone and knock them into space, or cut them in half with it or whatever. Without Doors, he obviously lacks this.

#11 Edited by never give up (9604 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#12 Edited by Soothing_Sounds (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@funsiized: I still don't remember that happening in the anime, and it's still dope.

#13 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

Midnighter and his entire crew can open up a portal anywhere they want that can lead to anywhere they want. He can literally open up portals ontop of someone and knock them into space, or cut them in half with it or whatever. Without Doors, he obviously lacks this.

Every scan I've seen has shown that he can't open a door directly on top of someone, he has to move them into it before he can use the "cut them in half" ability.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#14 Edited by Funsiized (3716 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by never give up (9604 posts) - - Show Bio

Any Midnighter fans.

#16 Edited by never give up (9604 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#17 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

op af

#18 Posted by Dredeuced (5545 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@dredeuced said:

Every scan I've seen has shown that he can't open a door directly on top of someone, he has to move them into it before he can use the "cut them in half" ability.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I didn't say otherwise? Opening a portal on top of someone is not the same as opening it up inside of them. It implies they'd have to be moved into it. If I said I placed a book on top of you, what would you think I'd be doing?

#19 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced:

Wait, so can he control how these Doors move?

#20 Edited by Soothing_Sounds (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

Just read the manga, Lucy stomps the first round if she goes anywhere near all out. She caused an island to crumble, and was destroying multiple buildings like flies. That was before she used enough power to be on a planetary scale and quickly melted her body. It was so dope. The second round Midnighter wins if he quickly BFR her, which would be difficult seeing as her vectors prevent him from getting near, and going all out the battle wouldn't last long enough for her to be BFR'd. Lucy stomps.

#21 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@dredeuced said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I didn't say otherwise? Opening a portal on top of someone is not the same as opening it up inside of them. It implies they'd have to be moved into it. If I said I placed a book on top of you, what would you think I'd be doing?

I was just adding to your statement, not correcting.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#22 Posted by never give up (9604 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#23 Edited by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

First Round most definitely goes to Lucy.Midnighter can not do any permanet damage to her and she is just too powerful.While the second round Midnighter dominates with doors.

#24 Posted by never give up (9604 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#25 Posted by never give up (9604 posts) - - Show Bio

bump