Midnighter vs. Kharn the Betrayer

Kratesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kratesis

Pre-n52 Midnighter with an adamantium sword, and no doors. He is morals off and bloodlusted.

Kharn has his usual equipment but isn't wearing his helmet. He is in character.

The battle takes place in the middle of the Sahara desert.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Esquire

Midnighter will speed-blitz and decapitate. He moves in bursts faster than speedsters can see, and Kharn simply isn't fast enough to block the first slash. Mid has plenty of strength to decapitate in one hit, and that's all he needs to get the win.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Baldy

@Esquire said:

Midnighter will speed-blitz and decapitate. He moves in bursts faster than speedsters can see, and Kharn simply isn't fast enough to block the first slash. Mid has plenty of strength to decapitate in one hit, and that's all he needs to get the win.

Through power armor? That needs backing up.

Edit: Nevermind, didn't notice he had no helmet.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lady_liberty

I don't think Midnighter has the strength to kill Kharn in one hit, even with an adamantium sword. The best that sword is going to do is let him hurt Kharn.

People seem to be forgetting Kharn has ten thousand years of combat experience (more then Zealot, who has done well against Midnighter). Plus his equipment is completely superior, one shot with is pistol or swing of his ax could kill Midnighter. In addition he's physically superior (with the exception of speed), and blessed by the god of battle.

Not sure who would win, but I am sure Midnighter wouldn't stomp here. (For once.)

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Esquire

@Baldy said:

@Esquire said:

Through power armor? That needs backing up.

Edit: Nevermind, didn't notice he had no helmet.

OP says Kharn doesn't have a helmet. If his neck's armored, MN will cut through the middle of his head. Problem solved.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Lady_Liberty said:

I don't think Midnighter has the strength to kill Kharn in one hit, even with an adamantium sword. The best that sword is going to do is let him hurt Kharn.

People seem to be forgetting Kharn has ten thousand years of combat experience (more then Zealot, who has done well against Midnighter). Plus his equipment is completely superior, one shot with is pistol or swing of his ax could kill Midnighter. In addition he's physically superior (with the exception of speed), and blessed by the god of battle.

Not sure who would win, but I am sure Midnighter wouldn't stomp here. (For once.)

This.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By ChaosBlazer

Midnighter is overrated, but he wins here.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By nefarious

Kharn.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By Strider1992

@ChaosBlazer said:

The only way he wins here is via BFR. Kharn took a beating from Angron the World Eater Primarch (anything between a 70-100 tonner) and the Primarch couldn't get him to stay on the floor let alone KO him (bare in mind Kharn wasn't even fighting back he was letting Angron vent his anger on him). Midnighter might win if he can take his head off but then again he's going up against someone who has 10.000 years of combat experience against characters who can outrun bullets and can take down anything upwards of 100-1000 enemies on their own. Not to mention his weapon (Gorechild) is capable of sucking out your soul.

Without his Doors Midnighter would eventually go down but as there's nothing in the OP saying he doesn't Midnighter wins via BFR.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@Strider92: very true. i was kinda thinking Midnighter's battle comp would help with the lack of experience and skill, and his speed would enable him to go in for the decap. Could go either way though.

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ChaosMarvel

Without Doors: Kharn takes Midnighters skull for his collection.

With Doors: Midnighter wins via BFR.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Strider1992

@ChaosBlazer said:

@Strider92: very true. i was kinda thinking Midnighter's battle comp would help with the lack of experience and skill, and his speed would enable him to go in for the decap. Could go either way though.

I do agree it's not going to be easy (which is unusual in a Midnighter and Kharn fight) its just Midnighters only way to win is taking Kharn's head off. Whereas Kharn can beat him by making sure Gorechild cuts him anywhere deep enough. Law of averages is not on Midnighters side here lol. (Just noticed Midnighter has no doors here too).

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Midnighter, but Kharn would put up a fight.

"Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#14  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Hmmm... Dare I weigh in on a fight without knowing all the combatants?

@Lady_Liberty said:

Midnighter has down Apollo, Maul, Sebastian, and other bricks with well placed blunt force. I don't really know how durable this Kharn is, but I think Midnighter's karnak-style strikes with an indestructible piercing weapon would at least be as good as his blows to class 100s with sticks, fists, and feet. As for his ten thousand years of combat experience being more than Zealot's experience, I don't really think so. I've actually seen Majestic referenced as at least 10,000 years old (though damned if I can find it) and he and Zealot are, by all indications, the same age. Even going without that reference, since I can't locate it, Nemesis shows her to be the best Coda warrior in existence 3000 years ago. Given that her daughter is clearly not full grown but is at least 3000 herself and we've seen Zealot as an adult on Khera before having Savant, she's at least another 3000 years old. That's 6000 you can be reasonably sure of, and however many thousands of years before that. She was trained to kill from birth (Batgirl style, as she's shown that she can speak and understand the movements of combat) and surpassed every other Coda fighter, making her probably one of the best fighters from a world that venerates close quarters combat. Midnighter went head to head against all of that (unarmed for the majority of the fight) so dealing with someone else with 10,000 years of experience probably wouldn't impress him.

@Strider92 said:

@ChaosBlazer said:

The only way he wins here is via BFR. Kharn took a beating from Angron the World Eater Primarch (anything between a 70-100 tonner) and the Primarch couldn't get him to stay on the floor let alone KO him (bare in mind Kharn wasn't even fighting back he was letting Angron vent his anger on him). Midnighter might win if he can take his head off but then again he's going up against someone who has 10.000 years of combat experience against characters who can outrun bullets and can take down anything upwards of 100-1000 enemies on their own. Not to mention his weapon (Gorechild) is capable of sucking out your soul.

Without his Doors Midnighter would eventually go down but as there's nothing in the OP saying he doesn't Midnighter wins via BFR.

Characters? Thought he was fighting one person. And midnighter has himself done well against countless enemies facing him at once.

And am I to understand that Midnighter has only a sword and none of his usual gear?

Kratesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kratesis

@Buckshot: Correct, only the sword. I removed the helmet so he would have some way of damaging Kharn, due to some of Kharn's crazy durability feats in addition to his power armor I worried Midnighter would be able to hurt him.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Esquire

@Buckshot said:

Characters? Thought he was fighting one person. And midnighter has himself done well against countless enemies facing him at once.

He's saying that Kharn has 10,000 years of experience fighting against people who've "outrun bullets and can take down anything upwards of 100-1000 enemies on their own." He's just listing Kharn's feats. As for Kharn's durability, he has power armor that consists of durable ceramics laced with adamantium plating. I'm not sure how Warhammer adamantium compares to the 616 version, but it is stated to be the best metal in the 40k universe. Added to it's inherent durability, the armor projects a forcefield that was made to block power weapons, which cut on a molecular level. The only precision strike I've seen Midnighter use on a brick was when he shattered Apollo's eardrums, and if he has access to Kharn's head he could just decapitate. Other than that, I don't know of any feats to suggest Midnighter could hurt Kharn's body through sheer blunt force trauma. Do you have any feats that would suggest it?

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nick_hero22

This is going to turn out to be a good match

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Esquire said:

@Buckshot said:

He's saying that Kharn has 10,000 years of experience fighting against people who've "outrun bullets and can take down anything upwards of 100-1000 enemies on their own." He's just listing Kharn's feats. As for Kharn's durability, he has power armor that consists of durable ceramics laced with adamantium plating. I'm not sure how Warhammer adamantium compares to the 616 version, but it is stated to be the best metal in the 40k universe. Added to it's inherent durability, the armor projects a forcefield that was made to block power weapons, which cut on a molecular level. The only precision strike I've seen Midnighter use on a brick was when he shattered Apollo's eardrums, and if he has access to Kharn's head he could just decapitate. Other than that, I don't know of any feats to suggest Midnighter could hurt Kharn's body through sheer blunt force trauma. Do you have any feats that would suggest it?

I misread. When I was questioning his durability it was his unarmored durability, since his head is unarmored and that would be Midnighter's target before anything else. I would have assumed decapitation would be easy but Liberty's comment that Midnighter wouldn't have the strength even with an adamantium sword made me want to make sure. Just for other examples of significant blunt force damage, Midnighter kicked the blood out of Sebastian and sent him flying (Sebastian floored Midnighter the other time the "fought"), he shut down Maul with precision strikes with his staff, he knocked out Brutus (a match for Fuji) with a kick, and he's batted around Hawksmoor on multiple occasions though even depowered Hawksmoor has been barely hurt by point blank shotgun blasts and wrecking balls catching him off guard.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nick_hero22

@Buckshot said:

@Esquire said:

@Buckshot said:

I misread. When I was questioning his durability it was his unarmored durability, since his head is unarmored and that would be Midnighter's target before anything else. I would have assumed decapitation would be easy but Liberty's comment that Midnighter wouldn't have the strength even with an adamantium sword made me want to make sure. Just for other examples of significant blunt force damage, Midnighter kicked the blood out of Sebastian and sent him flying (Sebastian floored Midnighter the other time the "fought"), he shut down Maul with precision strikes with his staff, he knocked out Brutus (a match for Fuji) with a kick, and he's batted around Hawksmoor on multiple occasions though even depowered Hawksmoor has been barely hurt by point blank shotgun blasts and wrecking balls catching him off guard.

His head is armored

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Esquire

@Buckshot: Okay, cool. Kharn has negligible durability without his armor, from what I've read. I'm still going to say that Midnighter can take a majority due to speed, but I'm not sure his HF is good enough to tank a hit from any of Kharn's weapons. Even if he can eventually do some damage through the armor, he has to end it as quickly as possible against a being of Kharn's power, so I say he goes for the head. I'd give this to Midnighter 7 or 8 out of 10, I think.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Esquire

@nick_hero22 In the Warhammer universe, yes. In the OP, no.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@nick_hero22: OP said it wasn't. Couple questions though, how hard is it to get off if it's on? And is there something to stop him from dying of blood loss if Midnighter were to remove that arm?

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nick_hero22

@Buckshot said:

@nick_hero22: OP said it wasn't. Couple questions though, how hard is it to get off if it's on? And is there something to stop him from dying of blood loss if Midnighter were to remove that arm?

Oh, I know some very basic information on the Warhammer Universe. If you have questions they should be directed to Strider since he is knowledgeable in that area.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Strider1992

@nick_hero22 said:

@Buckshot said:

Oh, I know some very basic information on the Warhammer Universe. If you have questions they should be directed to Strider since he is knowledgeable in that area.

Kharn like other Space Marine's has something called Laraman's organ. Its a small organ implanted into his chest that creates Laraman cells. These cells instantly cover up/scar any wound so Kharn ontop of his armor is sporting a Wolverine type healing factor. There are instances of Space Marines (not superficially Kharn) recovering from large wounds such as tank shells in only a few seconds. Kharn himself was impaled through the chest by a large spike protruding from a rhino tank. He recovered from it after being pulled off.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Strider92: You said cover up/scar any wound, but he wouldn't regrow it. So in addition to a headshot/decapitation, Midnighter could also literally disarm Kharn and potentially kill him with his own uberweapon?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By Outside_85

@Buckshot: The idea is that Angron is a particularly favoured servant of his god, and if anything might jeopardize his life the in-game idea is that Khorne just whiskers him away to another battle. That said, Khan is mostly known as a character that run into the heaviest of fighting, screaming at the top of his voice, disregarding everything being thrown at him, then massacres every friend or foe in his path then runs off to find some more.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Strider1992

@Buckshot said:

@Strider92: You said cover up/scar any wound, but he wouldn't regrow it. So in addition to a headshot/decapitation, Midnighter could also literally disarm Kharn and potentially kill him with his own uberweapon?

No the arm would most likely not grow back. He could reattach it but I highly doubt Midnighter has the strength to penetrate power armor that stuff resist's power weapons which are far beyond anything Midnighter has here (especially Kharn's armor that is blessed by the blood god to reflect damage). To put it in perspective power weapons are weapons used by the imperium that are coated in a forcefield. The forcefield is used to destabilize molecules basiclly phasing its way through whatever it's trying to cut. Normal power armor from SM's has resisted that and the armor Kharn wears is arcane and blessed by the blood god. I don't see Midnighter being able to take off any limbs at all apart from his head which has no protection here.

If he were to take Gorechild Midnighter would be putting himself at risk. Inside Gorechild is a deamon that feeds off Kharn's anger, bloodlust and his devotion to the blood god. It is not uncommon for deamon weapons to devour their hosts if the host does not satisfy them. Kharn has wielded the weapon for well over a millienia and has found an equibrium with the deamon. If Midnighter were to take his weapon theres a good chance the deamon inside would simply devour him as he lacks the bloodlust, madness and devotion to Khrone that Kharn has. Gorechilds ability is to devour the soul of whoever it cuts so everytime Kharn lands a blow theres a chance the deamon could stuck Midnighters soul out.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Strider92: You'll have to forgive me, but the image posted of the character showed a completely exposed left arm. Most images of the character elsewhere also show the arm to be exposed. Why would Midnighter have trouble cutting it off if it's as exposed as his head?

And I think Midnighter could manage for a couple seconds. :)

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Strider1992

@Buckshot: Ah fair enough. I didn't see the picture that was posted. Yes Midnighter should be able to cut that arm off. the problem is people have tried for 10 thousand years to do exactly that ;D